Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results (37388 Views)

Top 5 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria According To WAEC / Girl Who Scored 85 In JAMB Writes An Open Letter - Read Here / MAUTECH Fresh Student Commits Suicide Over Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by donlarbito(m): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2016
I concur

During my time we all score E8 on waec
Despite not giving us space to copy

Was strickly on your own
If not for #NECO
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by sochima1989(m): 11:11am On Aug 08, 2016
well i have been a teacher for a few years in private schools.......
i will say!!! dont blame WAEC cos over 80% of these private waec centers are halls to copy notes and submit. Students write same answers, same errors, same punctuation marks, same question number attempted and definitely same score.
if waec can do a good internal screening of invigilators, the truth is as close as the students failed.
though waec isnt infallible
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by just2okworld(f): 11:16am On Aug 08, 2016
Yomieluv:
when a graduate of biology is asked by the school to teach,and solve in English- literature .

what do you expect?

mass dubbing,mass failure..

waec isn't to be blamed.
Blame the school management
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by ibolomo(m): 11:19am On Aug 08, 2016
danxzy:
So it also happen in other schools I thought it was only my school that witnessed it.

During my turn they failed us in English and Maths f9. The whole school no one is exclusive am proud with Neco
they failed you or you failed?
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by jamesibor: 11:27am On Aug 08, 2016
crazygod:
From what I heard from a Waec official, the exam body don't really do fair marking. They intentionally mark certain states higher than some other states. For instance, Lagos state has the highest marking criteria and that simply means when a student in Lagos gets a C, another student in a state like kano or borno with the same raw score will be graded with an A.
This is simply the reason why you will see schools in some states getting all As and they can't defend it in post UME.
Post UME to me is a true test for a potential undergraduate academic ability.

Crap. The person who told you that is not a WAEC official......may be a gateman there.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by xtophy(m): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2016
echelons:
In 2006, most centers in Anambra State got low scores in Chemistry. 80% of the guys in my school scored below C6 in WAEC and this failure cut across all the schools.
It was painful. My perfect result was blotted by this.
Thank God for NECO. It's been success since then.
How could I have been admitted into university that same year if not for NECO.
WAEC should sit up. Blanket failure of students is a crime.
after u gained admission wif ur neco, are u planning to sit for another waec or did u later write another
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by kingkhalifaISIS(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2016
maybe the stupids No pay well
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by crazygod(m): 11:53am On Aug 08, 2016
jamesibor:

Crap. The person who told you that is not a WAEC official......may be a gateman there.
And how do u know its 'crap'? Do u work with Waec?
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Adeshizzy: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
blazingkid21:
if it's true that you are an examiner please explain the meaning of this in details for me

This message is popping up for my younger sister as well. I'm confused here
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by maasoap(m): 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2016
psucc:
I would differ with the writer if the letter. As an examiner with WAEC, I have had a centre where the students score between range less than 5.

The major cause may not be far fetched except we will not tell ourselves the truth. This is as a result of examination malpractice. Once the source material is wrong, what do you think of others copying from that wrong source?

Let's not play the ostrich. It is not WAEC's fault.
I disagree with you. No matter how small the center is, you would still see few brilliant independent candidates who are very sure of themselves and would never collect expo.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by blazingkid21(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
Adeshizzy:

This message is popping up for my younger sister as well. I'm confused here
which school did she write the exam
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by blazingkid21(m): 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2016
SirBrightoc:

He is right. This may be for any of the following reasons:
1) The candidate number entered while checking the result is wrong.
2) The candidate was not actually registered, but the school managed to fake everything to deceive the candidate and they succeeded. I have seen this severally. Don't doubt it. They can sort supervisors, print fake I'd cards and manipulate other factors.
it's the whole Centre that have the problem.. no one own was released
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by elmisti(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
crazygod:
From what I heard from a Waec official, the exam body don't really do fair marking. They intentionally mark certain states higher than some other states. For instance, Lagos state has the highest marking criteria and that simply means when a student in Lagos gets a C, another student in a state like kano or borno with the same raw score will be graded with an A.
This is simply the reason why you will see schools in some states getting all As and they can't defend it in post UME.

shut up and perform well in ur exams. no one is marking any1 low........i for one marked civic ed. nd u shkd see the trash students write.....not forgetting instances where d whole centre write d same thing....
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by LeoFish92(m): 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2016
psucc:
I would differ with the writer if the letter. As an examiner with WAEC, I have had a centre where the students score between range less than 5.

The major cause may not be far fetched except we will not tell ourselves the truth. This is as a result of examination malpractice. Once the source material is wrong, what do you think of others copying from that wrong source?

I have a cousin who despite her brilliance, was given an E8 in mathematics and D7 in physics, she is adamant that those results were not hers and her dramatic mum wants to go to waec office with her and create a scene, and demand for their rightful result, what advice do I give them, they just called me some hours ago

CC : pipbasketing
CDz
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by itsmaleekbaby(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2016
comments ready?!!

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by OlujobaSamuel: 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
I had B2 in Geography, a subject the school registered me by force just to make 9papers, the man taking us then was all these tebliq Muslim, I no like am, so attended just a class, went to the exam hall with enough Splash sweet, gave someone my calculator during the exam, nothing like giving answers to students, you do, you are gone, yet I had the best result in such paper and very poor to average in others I do daily.
Only God sabi how waec dey work.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by OscaZee: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mendelistickmend:
Mtcheew....am still trying to reach the idiot that marked the literatute of my school....can you imagine all of us were give E8....maybe he/she will mark one and use that one and gives scores to others...if i fail literature in Neco...none of the person's child will ever make Waec is his/her life....Waec(Wayo and edutainment centre)

this your grammar self
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by skate(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
SirBrightoc:

He is right. This may be for any of the following reasons:
1) The candidate number entered while checking the result is wrong.
2) The candidate was not actually registered, but the school managed to fake everything to deceive the candidate and they succeeded. I have seen this severally. Don't doubt it. They can sort supervisors, print fake I'd cards and manipulate other factors.

i beg to differ. Public schools in Ondo state cant access their result. So that means the state government hasn't paid for the waec registration and not whatever you are saying
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by popsonbj: 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2016
psucc:

You are right!
I am an examiner too, in the past WAEC exam. I marked, it happened that all the candidates in particular center copied their answers from one source and the answers were incorrect and they all failed.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by mascutech(m): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2016
olamilekan360:
OPEN LETTER TO #WAEC

DEAR WAEC
It saddens my heart to write on this note. The issue on ground is making me want to ask myself if examination is the true test of students ability... Of course not, how can the whole of a Centre fail one subject... All students in a particular Centre failed just one subject without explanation from the examination board.

This surely leaves me with the conclusion that WAEC is an under utilized examination board and as such not capable of conducting exam in the country,. Little wonder why waec result is unacceptable outside West Africa. Few years from now.. I'm so sure that students will get an eye opener and they will loose confidence in WAEC then opt for #NECO. Why will you jeopardize students future with your negligence and incompetence? Waec has been politicized and as such we no longer rest our confidence in WAEC.
WAEC... Waste And Exploits Commoners (WAEC)
You people wrote the same thing. How do you expect the examiner score you marks where as every student wrote the same thing words to words and lines to lines. You call it "Waste And Exploit the Commoner". It is you that subscribed to exploitation by paying #40,000 to #50,000 for examination that costs only #6000 for you to make As. Go and read your books and write differently and pass differently.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Gracious10: 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2016
The teacher who wrote this can't generalize of WAEC not being accepted outside West Africa.

CGFNS still used my WAEC result for my credentials evaluation, so yes Waec is accepted outside West Africa.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by crazygod(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
elmisti:

shut up and perform well in ur exams. no one is marking any1 low........i for one marked civic ed. nd u shkd see the trash students write.....not forgetting instances where d whole centre write d same thing....
No wonder students keep failing if Waec can employ someone with an unruly character like yourself to be a marker. Dude, being a marker doesn't mean you work in Waec.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by SirBrightoc(m): 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2016
skate:

i beg to differ. Public schools in Ondo state cant access their result. So that means the state government hasn't paid for the waec registration and not whatever you are saying
My dear, that means WAEC has treated them as unregistered candidates. No registered candidate will have that response on checking his/her result. I mean exactly what is written on the result slip he posted.
I am talking from authoritative background.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by elmisti(m): 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
crazygod:

No wonder students keep failing if Waec can employ someone with an unruly character like yourself to be a marker. Dude, being a marker doesn't mean you work in Waec.

apologies, jst that it hurts when you accuse innocent people for ur own wrongdoings.......what must have happened in that centre should be a fantastically unforgiveable malpractice ( if words like that exist).....waec pays just 200naira if you identify a malpractise for a whole centre, who in his sane mind destroy lives of hundred students jst for 200?....and mind u, some of this centres believe after settling d waec invigilator, there is no problem, only for d invigilator to get back to base and tick d centres for misconducts ( had dis issue with 4/5 of the centres i marked).....examiners really have little to do with failures in waec, blame d lazy students and lazy teachers who answer exactly four out of ten questions, and share dat same combo among over 100 students in d school who copy word for word.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by elmisti(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2016
LeoFish92:

I have a cousin who despite her brilliance, was given an E8 in mathematics and D7 in physics, she is adamant that those results were not hers and her dramatic mum wants to go to waec office with her and create a scene, and demand for their rightful result, what advice do I give them, they just called me some hours ago

CDz

if she is 100% sure of herself, let her go and request for her scripts.....
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by fineyemi(m): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
waec seized my result since 2008 and they still didnt release it
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by abimic(m): 5:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
Very much possible, infact, for the instance that the whole centre failed it, WAEC might have taken curiosity in it and ensure it was truly so by probably remarking. What's expected of a centre dependent on expo and external examiner came at that day and refused to leave till after paper and also he refused doing their bidding... .. .Malpractices centres everywhere, what does their failure benefit WAEC with? your students wrote the wrong thing period.... . Only one and he's complaining as if the school just started started taking WAEC this year. Una information don reach WAEC hand!
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by vexing(m): 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
crazygod:
It is a false information
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by armadeo(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
crazygod:

I find this hard to believe. Anyway things have changed since my time. It doesn't make sense because catchment area is already in play so why the extra effort.

Psucc can you confirm this.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by vexing(m): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
LeoFish92:

CDz
Let her write through her school to the Head of National Office, Waec Yaba for remarking of her script. It should be done not later than six months after release of results
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by vhatpweetygurl(f): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
As a teacher and an examiner I think I have a fair knowledge of what transpires with WAEC scripts,maybe the students wrote same thing or they were not taught the nitty gritty of the subject. The council remark scripts at random and have an average or scale of marking probably due to civilisation and availability of educational materials.
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by wadetaw202: 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2016
Koleman:
After mass copying you want make dem still pass una?

How did you know they copied? Where is your evidence to that effect?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uzodimma Seals Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University, 24 Hours To Matriculation / Outcry As University Of Uyo SUG Vice President Appoints 20 Special Advisers / Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.