Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit (4098 Views)

Man Slaps His Girlfriend For Wanting To Fry Four Eggs For Herself (Pic) / Nigerian Lady Gifts Her Husband A PS4 After He Tweeted About Wanting It (photos) / Will My Sister Get Another Man With Very High Sperm Count If She Leaves Her BF? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 7:57am On Aug 08, 2016
Hey,

about a month ago I met this nigerian guy on some flirt app. We started talking on Skype and Whatsapp, and we've had hours of video and text chats ever since. He said I love pretty fast, which confused me a lot, and I told him that he would be delusional if that was the truth, but he did not let go of me. I started falling for him, and now "I love you" has become part of our daily routine.

I started reading a lot about Lagos, his city of residence, and I came across the word "scam", which again both confused and worried me. I even confronted him with that, which first made him break out in laughter, and when I did not let go, he started being all offended.

He told me that he just finished schooling, but isn't able to find a job that would make him enough money to make a living, so he told me that he's supported by his family.

He never asked me for money. And he wanted me to come visit, but I told him that that would be too dangerous for me, and that he should visit me first here in Germany.

So that's the plan now. He told me that he will borrow the money for his ticket from people he knows as soon as he's able to show them his visa.

Yet, I read that many Nigerian/ African guys are only dating abroad that way they can live a better life.

I can't and I don't wanna believe that everything he told me so far is a lie.

What does this whole thing sound like to you guys?

Thanks for reading. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by izzou(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2016
Wake me up when he has finished scamming you

cool

4 Likes

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Feranchek(m): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2016
Hehehehehehehe..... make I no spoil market for a fellow hustler biko.... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by 2dice01: 8:08am On Aug 08, 2016
the fowl wey dance shoki inside lions den suppose don know the end result

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Sunnymatey(m): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2016
They are gud and bad people everywhere, both in Nigeria and other parts of the world. So dont just dismiss him but tread with caution.

1 Like

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Sheriffaine(m): 8:16am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:
Hey,

about a month ago I met this nigerian guy on some flirt app. We started talking on Skype and Whatsapp, and we've had hours of video and text chats ever since. He said I love pretty fast, which confused me a lot, and I told him that he would be delusional if that was the truth, but he did not let go of me. I started falling for him, and now "I love you" has become part of our daily routine.

I started reading a lot about Lagos, his city of residence, and I came across the word "scam", which again both confused and worried me. I even confronted him with that, which first made him break out in laughter, and when I did not let go, he started being all offended.

He told me that he just finished schooling, but isn't able to find a job that would make him enough money to make a living, so he told me that he's supported by his family.

He never asked me for money. And he wanted me to come visit, but I told him that that would be too dangerous for me, and that he should visit me first here in Germany.

So that's the plan now. He told me that he will borrow the money for his ticket from people he knows as soon as he's able to show them his visa.

Yet, I read that many Nigerian/ African guys are only dating abroad that way they can live a better life.

Lemme ask first. Who is paying for the travelling ticket?
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 8:17am On Aug 08, 2016
Well not me, as I said he will borrow the money from friends I think
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by LorDBolton(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:

That's kinda selfish? So what if he shows up and for some reason ya'll get into some sort of argument? Will you still reimburse him?

Just share the expenses... the country's economy is in the tank (literally) + the forex conversation rates.

#split the fare costs.

1 Like

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2016
Meet him in person first. It doesn't matter who goes to visit who. As long as it's just online, you can never be too sure. Nothing beats the physical. smiley

1 Like

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:
not all Nigerians are fraudsters. Just very little percentage are.

Since he didn't ask for money from you, he could be real and genuine

Anyways, Follow your heart but use your head

I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2016
So that would be a thing if we shared the expenses? And that would not be a sign of a scam? And what if we meet in person, like, what is my proof that he's not scamming me? Sorry, these questions might sound naiv, but I'm pretty worried tho
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 8:26am On Aug 08, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
not all Nigerians are fraudsters. Just very little percentage are.

Since he didn't ask for money from you, he could be real and genuine

Anyways, Follow your heart but use your head

I wish you all the best

Thanks a lot smiley
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by pharmagba: 8:28am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:
Hey,

I see a lot of red flag in this relationship

1- the time is too short, please show some restrain and test the relationship for another 6months
2-he doesn't have a work and spends lots of time on skyppe for hours !
In Nigeria, they are three three people that stays on Skype long enough,the topp business executive, a journalist and a scammer. Sadly your friend profile fits a scammer
3- finally he may not be asking you of money now but he had prepared the ground well enough. No job? To borrowed money? It is a matter of time he will ask you.
Please give it time a scammer is beckoning

2 Likes

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:

Thanks a lot smiley
smiley
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by delishpot: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2016
He prolly wants to leave Nigeria and sees you as a means to do so. He doesn't want to defraud you(money wise) based on your text.

He may not love you as much as you love him. If you feel inclined to, send him an invite but please, do not send him any money. Don't listen to those who say you should either.
Give him the invite and see how things play out when you guys finally meet.
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 8:54am On Aug 08, 2016
delishpot:
He prolly wants to leave Nigeria and sees you as a means to do so. He doesn't want to defraud you(money wise) based on your text.

He may not love you as much as you love him. If you feel inclined to, send him an invite but please, do not send him any money. Don't listen to those who say you should either.
Give him the invite and see how things play out when you guys finally meet.

But he wanted me to come to Lagos. It was me who refused to..
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by firstking01(m): 9:12am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:

Btw, are you a german??
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by delishpot: 9:14am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:

It still doesn't mean he is not after what he is after. Do not come to Lagos. under no circumstance should you do that for a stranger.
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 9:16am On Aug 08, 2016
firstking01:
Btw, are you a german??

Yes. Why?
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 9:18am On Aug 08, 2016
delishpot:

It still doesn't mean he is not after what he is after. Do not come to Lagos. under no circumstance should you do that for a stranger.

I know, and I'm not gonna do it.

1 Like

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by firstking01(m): 9:22am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:

Yes. Why?
Who taught you englishcheesy, dnt mind me i'm joking...for your topic, why is everything happening too fast??,,,i'd advice you give it time dear, let him convince you that he's for real so you won't come here and say that nigerians are scammers...my thought tho.
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by christinnah(f): 9:24am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:
Hey,

hey!!!

you're from german right?
can you pls tell me what burgess means in German?
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 9:25am On Aug 08, 2016
firstking01:
Who taught you englishcheesy, dnt mind me i'm joking...for your topic, why is everything happening too fast??,,,i'd advice you give it time dear, let him convince you that he's for real so you won't come here and say that nigerians are scammers...my thought tho.

Wtf, wow, didn't know I'd sound that bad tongue
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by firstking01(m): 9:29am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:

Wtf, wow, didn't know I'd sound that bad tongue
I'd love to learn the dutchsland/germancheesy.

1 Like

Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 9:29am On Aug 08, 2016
christinnah:

hey!!!

you're from german right?
can you pls tell me what burgess means in German?

It means "Bürger"
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by chillingbabe: 9:30am On Aug 08, 2016
pharmagba:

I see a lot of red flag in this relationship

1- the time is too short, please show some restrain and test the relationship for another 6months
2-he doesn't have a work and spends lots of time on skyppe for hours !
In Nigeria, they are three three people that stays on Skype long enough,the topp business executive, a journalist and a scammer. Sadly your friend profile fits a scammer
3- finally he may not be asking you of money now but he had prepared the ground well enough. No job? To borrowed money? It is a matter of time he will ask you.
Please give it time a scammer is beckoning
I think you should go with this advice...Be ready to refund him the ticket fee because he will tell you he borrowed it and he needs to pay back...and you know he isn't working.. so you will definitely have to sort that out.
I think you should pretend and make him understand that you're only managing in Germany and you don't have much...then watch his reaction. So if he still decides to come, he wouldn't have the guts to ask you for a refund for the ticket fee he borrowed.
Secondly, only a scammer would spend time skyping apart from top business executives as this poster i quoted stated...
Just use your brain...If you fall mugu, OYO is your case!
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by christinnah(f): 9:31am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:

I don't think "burgess" is a word tho

I mean is it a person's name?
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 9:34am On Aug 08, 2016
christinnah:

I mean is it a person's name?

No, it's an old word for 'citizen'. Sorry, I thought you wanted me to tell you what the German word "burgess" means, and therefore I said it's not a word wink
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 9:37am On Aug 08, 2016
chillingbabe:
I think you should go with this advice...Be ready to refund him the ticket fee because he will tell you he borrowed it and he needs to pay back...and you know he isn't working.. so you will definitely have to sort that out.
I think you should pretend and make him understand that you're only managing in Germany and you don't have much...then watch his reaction. So if he still decides to come, he wouldn't have the guts to ask you for a refund for the ticket fee he borrowed.
Secondly, only a scammer would spend time skyping apart from top business executives as this poster i quoted stated...
Just use your brain...If you fall mugu, OYO is your case!

Well, whatever the last sentence means tongue, I already told him that I'm pretty short on money. Like, we were talking about sharing the expenses, and then he came up with the borrowing part
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by christinnah(f): 9:42am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:

No, it's an old word for 'citizen'. Sorry, I thought you wanted me to tell you what the German word "burgess" means, and therefore I said it's not a word wink

ohh thnx...

I've been wondering whats it means cos that is grandfather's name...he's Germany "Burgess"
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by chillingbabe: 9:50am On Aug 08, 2016
Julester:

Well, whatever the last sentence means tongue, I already told him that I'm pretty short on money. Like, we were talking about sharing the expenses, and then he came up with the borrowing part
He came up with the borrowing part so you would know it's not his personal money.Don't be surprised when he asks you for a refund later,cos he'll need to pay the person he borrowed it from. It'll still mean that you paid his ticket fee. Scamming is a gradual process, he can't just hit you once...it's gradually,he's almost there smiley
The last sentence OYO "On Your Own" means you're on your own tongue
Re: Meeting Bf Online Now Wanting To Visit by Julester(f): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2016
chillingbabe:
He came up with the borrowing part so you would know it's not his personal money.Don't be surprised when he asks you for a refund later,cos he'll need to pay the person he borrowed it from. It'll still mean that you paid his ticket fee. Scamming is a gradual process, he can't just hit you once...it's gradually,he's almost there smiley
The last sentence OYO "On Your Own" means you're on your own tongue

Yeah, well, we'll see about that. I was really only asking, because I've been confused. I will only go as far as I can bear. I am generally a very sceptical person, so if he screws me over because of money, he will only be able to buy himself some ice cream cone, that's what! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch Young Slay Queen React Horribly To Drugs / When A Lady Calls A Young Guy 'daaaddy', What Does She Mean? / Jamopyper Buys A New Chevrolet Through Yahoo, Zlatan Hails Him..efcc Is Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.