Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,646 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Peaceful Debate 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peaceful Debate 2 (4941 Views)

Killings: CAN Peaceful Protest In Kaduna In Pictures / A Peaceful Debate Between A Christian Pastors And A Musilem Imam In Nigeria. / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peaceful Debate 2 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2016
Now, I have been appalled recently by bashing threads posted by both religious peeps and our atheistic friends on this forum. The contents of such threads are nothing by incoherent squabbles which are quite infantile and are a showy display of cowardice and ego by people who are lagged of ingenuity and every sense of morality and self control and I do not want to consider anyone as such people. The most annoying part is the memes which are meant to mock each parties. Now I am starting a new thread, though I started a similar one months ago but it ended in tantrums and hubbubs. Now this is a time to let our views known. No mock tactics allowed, I will click the "report" link when I notice any uproar. Let the discussion begin.

Cc johnydon22 hahn winner01 malvisguy212 Scholar8200 K9blunt cloudgoddess KingEbukaNaija KingEbukasblog HardMirror Joshuasbase lepasharon otemanuduno otemdomino otem4eartum HCpaul valentinemary CAPSLOCKED donffd OtemWonyahweh hopefullandlord frank317 OgundeleT Seun lalasticlala et all..........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by hahn(m): 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2016
I agree!

No mind those yeye people joor tongue
Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by K9blunt(f): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hmn.......

I just mock stupidity na... That's what makes it fun. grin

3 Likes

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2016
Is Lala an atheist too? undecided
Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by Sveen: 5:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
What is the topic of the said debate? Is it to ascertain whether god exist or not?

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by CAPSLOCKED: 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Now, I have been appalled recently by bashing threads posted by both religious peeps and our atheistic friends on this forum. The contents of such threads are nothing by incoherent squabbles which are quite infantile and are a showy display of cowardice and ego by people who are lagged of ingenuity and every sense of morality and self control and I do not want to consider anyone as such people. The most annoying part is the memes which are meant to mock each parties. Now I am starting a new thread, though I started a similar one months ago but it ended in tantrums and hubbubs. Now this is a time to let our views known. No mock tactics allowed, I will click the "report" link when I notice any uproar. Let the discussion begin.

Cc johnydon22 hahn winner01 malvisguy212 Scholar8200 K9blunt cloudgoddess KingEbukaNaija KingEbukasblog HardMirror Joshuasbase lepasharon otemanuduno otemdomino otem4eartum HCpaul valentinemary CAPSLOCKED donffd OtemWonyahweh hopefullandlord frank317 OgundeleT Seun lalasticlala et all..........

THE FIRST POST OF WINNER01 WILL CONTAIN A MEME. SURELY.

6 Likes

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by winner01(m): 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2016
K9blunt:
Hmn.......

This is why I post memes. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by winner01(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

THE FIRST POST OF WINNER01 WILL CONTAIN A MEME. SURELY.
You lied. But I'm coming in Hot soon. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by ValentineMary(m): 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
OP see the problem here

freethiker: Evidence would change my mind

Theist: Nothing would change my mind

If I am to have discussion with a theist, he/she should be honest enough and not deny obvious truth.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 09, 2016
ValentineMary:
OP see the problem here

If I am to have discussion with a theist, he/she should be honest enough and not deny obvious truth.

Sure, I do not deny facts but I could just let my views be known, same thing I want from you atheists. Honesty is a priority in discussions such as this. Ok, I am a theist, ask questions you feel needs to be asked from we theists and if I can answer, I will answer, if I have no answer, I will let you know.
Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by ValentineMary(m): 9:19am On Aug 09, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Sure, I do not deny facts but I could just let my views be known, same thing I want from you atheists. Honesty is a priority in discussions such as this. Ok, I am a theist, ask questions you feel needs to be asked from we theists and if I can answer, I will answer, if I have no answer, I will let you know.
Why should we conclude a deity made the world rather than making scientific enquiries to how the earth came about
Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by johnydon22(m): 9:24am On Aug 09, 2016
K9blunt:
Hmn.......

Stupidity from whose point of view?
Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by johnydon22(m): 9:27am On Aug 09, 2016
I'm here just to honour my friend Lordnicklaus and i will debate or discuss with anyone as long as such a person brings up a mature discussion.

I wont reply any childish post with egoistic and lunatic intents.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by johnydon22(m): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2016
ValentineMary:
OP see the problem here

We were all theists before we got here. A theist may show a stubborn stoic conviction but we are all subjected to the unending pricks of our own mind, the judgement of our own ever lingering reason.

So no matter how strong, stubborn, close minded, stoic someone may appear, at the end of the day everyone has their own demons to face and just a tiny seed of doubt can go a long way when watered with curioisity.

I do not think there is anything like an obvious truth, FACTS rather. you may see colours and a bumble bee will see in gray x-ray..

this doesn't make 'colours' the obvious truth because to the bumble bee 'x-ray' is the truth.

Let us always tamper our criticism with kind words, none of us comes fully prepared or knows it all.

simply ignore any childish post directed at you or reply just with a 'k' that will keep it in check.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by johnydon22(m): 9:40am On Aug 09, 2016
lordnicklaus:

I thought i was the only one that noticed this, the recent obsessive childish battle raging on here.

all you get is kids blowing their trumpet up and down, claiming victory without even having a debate, throwing up insults and memes everywhere, praising themselves and what they supposedly can do.

it's just a show of pitiful ego massage... Let's hope they don't turn this thread into one of those.

Cc. Loj come have fun too

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by K9blunt(f): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Stupidity from whose point of view?

Mine
Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by johnydon22(m): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2016
K9blunt:

Mine
exactly babe

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by kevoh(m): 9:54am On Aug 09, 2016
johnydon22:

I thought i was the only one that noticed this, the recent obsessive childish battle raging on here.

all you get is kids blowing their trumpet up and down, claiming victory without even having a debate, throwing up insults and memes everywhere, praising themselves and what they supposedly can do.

it's just a show of pitiful ego massage... Let's hope they don't turn this thread into one of those.

You forgot to add the pointless lying and unnecessarily playing the victim complex card to whip up some conspiracy theories!
Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2016
winner01:
You lied. But I'm coming in Hot soon. cheesy

I trust you bro . The next spate of attacks will surely be the bomb . That are ululating after they just saw the tip of the iceberg . I wonder what would happen when the whole iceberg shows up .

Lmaoooo grin grin grin

We are just getting started cool

For the pained atheists ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by dorox(m): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2016
I do enjoy a good debate and listening to the opinion of people who I may not necessarily agree with provided their argument is well reasoned, logical and respectful even when I think their premise is wrong from my point of view. And there are posters of this kind from one end of the religious spectrum to the other end.
But while this number is increasing on the side of those who are irreligious with some notable guys like johnydon22, Weah96 and cloudgoddess. The same is sadly not true about my compatroits on the religious side of the debate where the quality of debate is on the decrease. Except for PatorAIO whom I frankly don't know which class he belongs to and a few standouts, the theist are becoming more of a burden in terms of their propensity of scoring own goals when having a conversation with those who are irreligious.

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
johnydon22:

[size=13pt]all you get is kids blowing their trumpet up and down, claiming victory without even having a debate throwing up insults and memes everywhere, praising themselves and what they supposedly can do.,[/size]

[size=15pt]Look at this hypocrite doing the same thing on this thread . LMAOOO [/size]

>>>> https://www.nairaland.com/2353987/three-arguments-gods-existence/47#47262395

cc : UyiIredia

Johnydon22 openly boasted of flooring UyiIredia's arguments and even claiming victory when all he did was fail egregiously in comprehending the arguments

[size=14pt]↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓[/size]

johnydon22:

Lmao... My first response already made nonsense of your three arguments, obliging you in a childish back and forth is a total waste of my time when i already floored your post.

So you may bask in your self induced euphoria of Johnydon22 ran away to make yourself feel good, it's a free world so we are totally allowed to fantasize even about feats we cannot achieve.

Nothing more childish than delusive self glorification over feats one can't even stand up to, that's the sort of childishness you'd want me to oblige you here; Naaah i'm well above that.

It will be a waste of intellectual morsels

This is the same human being that publicly condemns what he does . Gosh ... eeewww and he brags like he has anything to offer other than singing songs , talking about planets he has never been to and claiming that God is a fictional character

Lmaoo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin . Winner01 ... you need to see this .

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by felixomor: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

[size=15pt]Look at this hypocrite doing the same thing on this thread . LMAOOO [/size]

>>>> https://www.nairaland.com/2353987/three-arguments-gods-existence/47#47262395

cc : UyiIredia

Johnydon22 openly boasted of flooring UyiIredia's arguments and even claiming victory when all he did was fail egregiously in comprehending the arguments

[size=14pt]↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓[/size]

This is the same human being that publicly condemns what he does . Gosh ... eeewww and he brags like he has anything to offer other than singing songs , talking about planets he has never been to and claiming that God is a fictional character

Lmaoo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin . Winner01 ... you need to see this .

LooooL grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by donnffd(m): 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
Debating a theist is like using a fork to fill-up a basket with water...fruitless and time-consuming...

I propose Atheists debate themselves on far more reasonable topics, so we learn from each other rather than doing tug-of-war with a bunch of "i know it all"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
felixomor:

LooooL grin

grin grin grin . Its good to expose the hypocrisy so others can know more about him

2 Likes

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
donnffd:
Debating a theist is like using a fork to fill-up a basket with water...fruitless and time-consuming...

I propose Atheists debate themselves on far more reasonable topics, so we learn from each other rather than doing tug-of-war with a bunch of "i know it all"

Debating an atheist is like using a fork to fill-up a basket with water...fruitless and time-consuming...

I propose Christians debate themselves on far more reasonable topics, so we learn from each other rather than doing tug-of-war with a bunch of "i know it all"

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by Scholar8200(m): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
Op, pls what's your topic?
Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Debating an atheist is like using a fork to fill-up a basket with water...fruitless and time-consuming...

I propose Christians debate themselves on far more reasonable topics, so we learn from each other rather than doing tug-of-war with a bunch of "i know it all"

I absolutely concur! Why would an ugly black man open a thread in order to bash all ugly black men and forgetting that he is also an ugly black man. Double hypocrisy.

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
donnffd:

The "I know it alls" are you atheists and I support your proposal of atheists focusing on atheist threads so they can learn from each other.

While at it have you taken a head count of fellow atheists who are in support? Have you emailed seun the chief atheist on this?

Will you also demand for a locked atheist section same as islam has theirs?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
4everGod:

I absolutely concur! Why would an ugly black man open a thread in order to bash all ugly black men and forgetting that he is also an ugly black man. Double hypocrisy.

grin grin

Exactly !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2016
grin
KingEbukasBlog:

I trust you bro . The next spate of attacks will surely be the bomb . That are ululating after they just saw the tip of the iceberg . I wonder what would happen when the whole iceberg shows up .
Lmaoooo grin grin grin
We are just getting started cool
For the pained atheists ...

After throwing the first stone, our atheists can't handle the heat grin grin grin
Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by Scholar8200(m): 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
Now Johnnydon here said all atheists here were once theists.

Now, as an atheist, can you sincerely say that your journey to atheism started basically and solely as a result of intellectually discovery rather than an emotional/moral issue for which you later sought and got many intellectual resources to strengthen?

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate 2 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
Muafrika2:
grin

After throwing the first stone, our atheists can't handle the heat grin grin grin

If you are in a burning kitchen and you cannot take the heat neither can you escape the fire what would you do?

Wouldn't you join the fire?

They better begin to join the fire of the gospel now before we release more fire and more heat.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Bone Grows In Boys Leg After Tb Joshua Prayer PICS VIDEO / What Is The Difference Between Our Soul,mind And Spirit / DEMONIC? The Real Truth Behind DOROBUCCI !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.