Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story (1534 Views)

Have You Been Able To Apply For DPR Graduate Trainee? Share Your Experience. / UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs / 2years Plus No Job What Is Wrong With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by MyPrinceMeLuv(m): 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
I lost my Job at a time i never imagined i could. I had fixed my traditional and white wedding with my fiancee and was ready to start things officially. I didn't know how to tell her i had lost my job!! it was hell waking up without knowing where to go...i submitted applications a million times before God finally saw me through.

please share your experience if you have lost your job before, letz know what project you had at hand and how u were able to scare through.

thanks.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by Akaewu: 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
Mine wz a few months ago......was planning on renting my own apartment and then make plans for settling down properly when d wave of downsizing and retrenchment caught up with us. Now all are on hold. Still hunting for a job. Dont even hv an ideal of what to do as in biz plan
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by keniolawumi56(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
I lost mine about three month ago. Am a twin and another set of twins followed me which I finance there edu and other family care, I did introduction about 8months bfor the downsized and we were seriously planing on picking date when I was stop from work even my a room self con rent will expire by September 15th. Am seriously down now, have submitted CV to a lot of coy, nothing seems working but am trusting God, my mum cries every morning and seeing her sad gives me heart breaking. God bless me for her.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by MyPrinceMeLuv(m): 9:14am On Aug 10, 2016
I lost mine about three month ago. Am a twin and another set of twins followed me which I finance there edu and other family care, I did introduction about 8months bfor the downsized and we were seriously planing on picking date when I was stop from work even my a room self con rent will expire by September 15th. Am seriously down now, have submitted CV to a lot of coy, nothing seems working but am trusting God, my mum cries every morning and seeing her sad gives me heart breaking. God bless me for her.

if you are yet to secure a job, just rely on God totally and believe everything is gonna work as planned. I left my Job in Warri and relocated to Lagos for a contract job, a month later the contract was terminated. i had borrowed and rented a room self-con. didn't kn where to go, was sleeping on the floor for months because nothing was in the room. After 4 good months of wandering with CV in the streets of Lagos, God gave me an undeserved job. i am wedding nxt week and my room is looking pretty good-and i am dept-free. God will do same for u if u believe. cheers!!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by MyPrinceMeLuv(m): 9:24am On Aug 10, 2016
Mine wz a few months ago......was planning on renting my own apartment and then make plans for settling down properly when d wave of downsizing and retrenchment caught up with us. Now all are on hold. Still hunting for a job. Dont even hv an ideal of what to do as in biz plan

pray and believe God, still keep to your wedding plans as u trust God. if u have a fiancee, give her hope, don't be scared to assure her your already-led-down plans would work. A better job is on your way. but don't stay idle as u wait for the job. i sold akara the first time in life while i had nothing to sustain myself in Lagos, and it wasn't up-to a month a got a job. u are destined for greatness-cheers!!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
I lost mine two months ago. I got an offer in lagos, had to resign in my previous place of employment.

I got the shock of my life when I resumed and was told the company no longer wanted to empoly me.

I do not live in lagos I only moved because of the offer I got. and now....... it was like a dream.

it is so painful and I am still hurting. but I trust God and his perfect will over my life. still searching and applying.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
Liciase:
I lost mine two months ago. I got an offer in lagos, had to resign in my previous place of employment.

I got the shock of my life when I resumed and was told the company no longer wanted to empoly me.

I do not live in lagos I only moved because of the offer I got. and now....... it was like a dream.

it is so painful and I am still hurting. but I trust God and his perfect will over my life. still searching and applying.
I really feel your pain. It is well. Did you receive your offer letter from the new coy before resigning at your former company.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by Unike1(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
Life is truly unfair.

I lost my job three months ago, precisely on May 27th when families were busy celebrating children's day. I got to the office and had the shock of my life when at exactly 6:18am my termination mail dropped on my fone. There couldn't have been a worse feeling. I'm the bread winner, working towards completing dad's house in the village at the same time spending money getting his drugs(he's got stroke). Just paid d house rent where I still live with them. Had plans of starting d marriage process to my fiancée who has been with me for 6 years. She's awesome. I feel really sad things got bad at this time. August 13th is our 6th year rshp anniversary. I had plans for this day. Trusting God for another job. He provided the first, he will provide another. Amen. Never give up, there's hope for the hopeful.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by smartokc(m): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2016
I lost my job on 13th March 2016, it has not really been easy to secure another, I was planning on moving out from my parental home to rent my own apartment before the shock came and until now I'm yet to secure another.. I'm currently in a confuse state.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by MyPrinceMeLuv(m): 9:52am On Aug 11, 2016
Life is truly unfair.

I lost my job three months ago, precisely on May 27th when families were busy celebrating children's day. I got to the office and had the shock of my life when at exactly 6:18am my termination mail dropped on my fone. There couldn't have been a worse feeling. I'm the bread winner, working towards completing dad's house in the village at the same time spending money getting his drugs(he's got stroke). Just paid d house rent where I still live with them. Had plans of starting d marriage process to my fiancée who has been with me for 6 years. She's awesome. I feel really sad things got bad at this time. August 13th is our 6th year rshp anniversary. I had plans for this day. Trusting God for another job. He provided the first, he will provide another. Amen. Never give up, there's hope for the hopeful.

I understand how u feel because i have been in that shoe before! keep to your courage and faith, the Lord knows best and He is a present help in time of need. cheers!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by Frostty: 10:12am On Aug 11, 2016
2day makes it exactly 15months dat i was forced to resign 4rm my job 4 a mistake committed by subordinate but i had to take d responsibility coz i gave out my password.i chose to take up d responsibility coz if i opened up d bank will dismiss both of us.d most painful part is dat d guy neva felt sorry dat i lost my job and he is workn.now he sees me as enemy,blocked me on fb,whatsapp and even deleted my numba coz he believed i cant do anytin again.i av done countless applications all to no avail.i av a wife and awesome broda to take kia of.tanks to my wife and family 4 standn by me.i hope to get tru dis one.i will give d details of wat transpired one day on dis platform for ppl lyk me to learn
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by MyPrinceMeLuv(m): 10:20am On Aug 11, 2016
I lost my job on 13th March 2016, it has not really been easy to secure another, I was planning on moving out from my parental home to rent my own apartment before the shock came and until now I'm yet to secure another.. I'm currently in a confuse state.

have faith in God, the future is bright...better jobs around ur corner. cheers!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by arthurshelly: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2016
I lost my Job febuary 2016,I Just move into my own house when shock arrived,,I had 8month and 2month handsome boys when this Happen.tanks for my wife And her family

I don't have 5k in my account when I lost my job,in the last tree year I build my own house nd my parent both worth 13million now 10k is far away from me.

It's six month now at home,sometime I cried like little baby
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by arthurshelly: 11:50am On Aug 11, 2016
Frostty:
2day makes it exactly 15months dat i was forced to resign 4rm my job 4 a mistake committed by subordinate but i had to take d responsibility coz i gave out my password.i chose to take up d responsibility coz if i opened up d bank will dismiss both of us.d most painful part is dat d guy neva felt sorry dat i lost my job and he is workn.now he sees me as enemy,blocked me on fb,whatsapp and even deleted my numba coz he believed i cant do anytin again.i av done countless applications all to no avail.i av a wife and awesome broda to take kia of.tanks to my wife and family 4 standn by me.i hope to get tru dis one.i will give d details of wat transpired one day on dis platform for ppl lyk me to learn

This is serious...the almight will see us through very soon

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
arthurshelly:
I lost my Job febuary 2016,I Just move into my own house when shock arrived,,I had 8month and 2month handsome boys when this Happen.tanks for my wife And her family

I don't have 5k in my account when I lost my job,in the last tree year I build my own house nd my parent both worth 13million now 10k is far away from me.

It's six month now at home,sometime I cried like little baby
I feel your pain bro. It's not easy to be unemployed with a wife and two kids to cater for. However, you should be thankful for your life, some have it worse. You're lucky you live in your own house and you built a house for your parents too. At least, that will remove house rent wahala from your story. If your wife does not work too, I'd suggest you carve out a small shop for her in front of your house and let her sell stuffs. I wish you strength.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by Topsonhandsome(m): 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
I lost my job last month (July) , it came like a dream. Though things are not easy presently but I just believe something better is coming my way.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

I really feel your pain. It is well. Did you receive your offer letter from the new coy before resigning at your former company.
thank you. yes I did.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
Liciase:
thank you. yes I did.
I'm not a lawyer but I think you have a case here. They already gave you an appointment letter, you resigned at your former coy then the new coy said they won't be requiring your services. I really think you have a case here. Sue them!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by arthurshelly: 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

I feel your pain bro. It's not easy to be unemployed with a wife and two kids to cater for. However, you should be thankful for your life, some have it worse. You're lucky you live in your own house and you built a house for your parents too. At least, that will remove house rent wahala from your story. If your wife does not work too, I'd suggest you carve out a small shop for her in front of your house and let her sell stuffs. I wish you strength.

Thank you bro..the boredom is killing here..i really thank almight that I have move to my house before this shock arrive..its because I move to my house that why she resign from her work...i already build the shop for her but have not complete it...i plan to sell some of my property here in my area but no buyer yet ....the God that give me the last Job still on the throne will sure do a might one very soon for all of us here ooooo
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

I'm not a lawyer but I think you have a case here. They already gave you an appointment letter, you resigned at your former coy then the new coy said they won't be requiring your services. I really think you have a case here. Sue them!
actually they negotiating to compensate me. if it breaks down I sue them. thanks for your concern.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by Paragon001(m): 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
Liciase:
thank you. yes I did.
Babe, i would advise u to brief ur lawyer ASAP...! I think food is ready.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by nmreports: 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
This shall pass.
You all will come out of it stronger.
Keep pushing.
You won't believe when the answer comes.
Keep being strong

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by Dogitto(m): 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
I almost cried reading up this comments. I know I'm not supposed to cry because I'm a man but I guess I have a soft heart and can't stand watching people go through pain and struggle. I have had bitter experiences myself maybe not Job related but I know how hardship feels like. What I know for sure is that God never forgets His own as long as you remain under His will. The same God who provided the old one will make a new one. Remember He makes everything beautiful in His own time. The testimonies of how God helped others go through their difficulties is meant to encourage us.please read 2 kings 6 vs 1-10 and meditate on it. I'm sure God will open windows that no man can shut for you as you this. It's well with you

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by onward4life(m): 6:21am On Aug 12, 2016
MyPrinceMeLuv:
I lost my Job at a time i never imagined i could. I had fixed my traditional and white wedding with my fiancee and was ready to start things officially. I didn't know how to tell her i had lost my job!! it was hell waking up without knowing where to go...i submitted applications a million times before God finally saw me through.

please share your experience if you have lost your job before, letz know what project you had at hand and how u were able to scare through.

thanks.

Dear all...
My story deserves a Grammy award if I could put in an album. I suspected a delay in my immediate needs so I took all my money but a land started building buy the seller could finish counting the money. I prayed God that come this Xmas I wud be in my house dnt mind eating noodles during Yuletide. Na so may come reach an electronics company that I have giving 5years of my life just pack their table and said nigeria is no longer favourable to do business. They paid 100k as compensation. Though some ppo has been asking me to start my own bis that they wud support me sha.. I borrowed more money paid for a shop 250k spent another 50k, called all my connect and they said they made that promise wen GEJ was president, I ask for a refund because I didn't even make call in the shop they advise to go to any police station of my choice, don't even have money to fight this matter. Before I could say who is after me....my house rent is popping up august ending..instantly my girlfriend has found love again. I beg to eat on credit I was considering selling that house no body is willing to pay 500k and house is worth 1.5m at lintel stage. Thinking and hunger made bones to appear in my eye balls like sickness. In abuja the only company giving jobs freely like every blessed day is GNLD and they are even making yanga like before una dey reject us.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by cashful(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2016
It is well!!! God will definitely make a way out of all this.

This is the best time to be strong in faith. Not a time to put blames on APC/PDP/PMB...

Depend and rely on God and hold on to his words fully.

Open your eyes to opportunities around you, to see how you can be engaged positively.

Make positive confessions rather than dwell in self pity/blames.

The Lord help us all. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by MyPrinceMeLuv(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2016
Dear all...
My story deserves a Grammy award if I could put in an album. I suspected a delay in my immediate needs so I took all my money but a land started building buy the seller could finish counting the money. I prayed God that come this Xmas I wud be in my house dnt mind eating noodles during Yuletide. Na so may come reach an electronics company that I have giving 5years of my life just pack their table and said nigeria is no longer favourable to do business. They paid 100k as compensation. Though some ppo has been asking me to start my own bis that they wud support me sha.. I borrowed more money paid for a shop 250k spent another 50k, called all my connect and they said they made that promise wen GEJ was president, I ask for a refund because I didn't even make call in the shop they advise to go to any police station of my choice, don't even have money to fight this matter. Before I could say who is after me....my house rent is popping up august ending..instantly my girlfriend has found love again. I beg to eat on credit I was considering selling that house no body is willing to pay 500k and house is worth 1.5m at lintel stage. Thinking and hunger made bones to appear in my eye balls like sickness. In abuja the only company giving jobs freely like every blessed day is GNLD and they are even making yanga like before una dey reject us.

if i got your write-up, you want the people you paid for a shop to refund you your money? did you pay through an agent or you paid directly to the landlord? were you given receipt for the rented shop? if yes, i will advice you plead with the agent or look for another agent and promise him some amount if he gets someone to rent the shop,and ask him to look for another individual in need of a shop....believe me you will get your money back. this is not landlord issue, but assume u are the right owner and look for someone in need of a shop....thank us later
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by onward4life(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
MyPrinceMeLuv:

Dear all...

if i got your write-up, you want the people you paid for a shop to refund you your money? did you pay through an agent or you paid directly to the landlord? were you given receipt for the rented shop? if yes, i will advice you plead with the agent or look for another agent and promise him some amount if he gets someone to rent the shop,and ask him to look for another individual in need of a shop....believe me you will get your money back. this is not landlord issue, but assume u are the right owner and look for someone in need of a shop....thank us later

Pls give me ur number I wud tell u d whole catalog am ashamed of saying it online pls.. 080671499047 J-aims
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by eben123(m): 12:10am On Aug 14, 2016
Akaewu:

Hello, do you currently have money to start a biz ??if you do have,u can kindly get back to me.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Job, What Was Your Project At Hand....share Your Story by arthurshelly: 3:26am On Aug 14, 2016
This I serious....be prayerful and trust God for miracles

onward4life:

Dear all...

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed / Vacancy For A Graphic Designer / 2017 Nigerian Navy Recruitment - About 40 Positions Opened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.