Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (55947 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 06, 2016
A man came to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and said: O Messenger of Allah, tell me of something in Islam that I shall not ask anyone else about after you. He said: “Say, ‘I believe in Allah,’ then stand firm and straight.”

Narrated by Ahmad (14991) and at-Tirmidhi (2410); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Tirmidhi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 08, 2016
I've posted this before on some thread, but since its a reminder thread, I'll post it again:

ETIQUETTES OF EID AL-ADHA

1 - Doing ghusl before going out to the prayer.

2 - Eating after the prayer on Eid al-Adha

3- Saying Takbeer (i.e Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, Allaah akbar, wa Lillaah il-hamd) , Note: this is not said in unison but individually, Men should raise their voices reciting this dhikr in the marketplaces, mosques and homes, but women should not raise their voices.

4 – Offering congratulations[i.e Taqabbala Allaah minna wa minkum (May Allaah accept (good deeds) from us and from you) or “Eid mubaarak” and other permissible expressions of congratulations.]

5 – Adorning oneself on the occasion of Eid.

6 – Going to the prayer by one route and returning by another.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
The messenger of Allaah alyhissolaat wassalaam said : if a woman prays her five(daily prayers) and fasts her month(i.e ramadhon fasting) and protects her chastity and obeys her husband it will be said to her : enter the paradise from any door you wish....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
And worship your Lord until there comes to you the certainty (death). AL-HIJR verse 99

I don't know if it's just me, but this verse gives me hope especially in these days when holding on to the deen is like holding on to hot coal.
When I read the verse it reminds me to be patient,to tolerate and keep going.

May Allah make it easy for us to worship him.
Ameen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
It was narrated from Mu’aadh ibn Jabal that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) took his hand and said: “O Mu’aadh, by Allah I love you, by Allah I love you.” Then he said, “I advise you, O Mu’aadh, do not fail following every prayer to say: O Allah help me to remember You, thank You and worship You properly.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood and al-Nasaa’i .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
It was narrated by Muslim (115) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every deed of the son of Adam will be rewarded between ten and seven hundred fold. Allaah said: ‘Except fasting, for it is for Me and I shall reward for it’” – i.e., I shall reward it greatly, without specifying how much.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
Bismillahir rahmanir raheem

I would like to remind my beloved brothers and sisters in Islam that tomorrow will be Yawm ‘Arafaah (the Day of ‘Arafaah) and there are many virtues associated with this day. It was the day Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) perfected our religion and completed his favor upon us. It is a day of forgiveness of sins, freedom from the Fire and pride in the people who are there.

In Saheeh Muslim, it was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no day on which Allaah frees more people from the Fire than the Day of ‘Arafaah. He comes close and expresses His pride to the angels, saying, ‘What do these people want?’

Fasting on this day expiates for the year before it and the year after it. So let us try not miss this opportunity of earning such a great reward from Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) reward. If you have been fasting for the past eight days, congratulation! May Allay accept your act of worship and reward you abundantly!
If due to whatever reason you were unable to fast due to whatever reason, congratulation! You can fast tomorrow and get rewarded in sha Allah!

For anyone eyeing the great reward for hajj and umrah tomorrow :

It was narrated that the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) said: “Whoever prays Fajr in congregation then sits remembering Allaah until the sun rises, then prays two rak’ahs, will have a reward like that of Hajj and ‘Umrah, complete, complete, complete.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (586).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Eid Mubarak brothers and sisters!!! grin grin

PS: don't forget to send my ragon sallah aka eran ileya grin

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 14, 2016
O mankind! serve your Lord Who created you and those before you so that you may righteous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2016
“The son of Adam’s share of zina has been decreed for him, which he will inevitably get. The zina of the eyes is looking, the zina of the ears is listening, the zina of the tongue is speaking, the zina of the hands is touching, and the zina of the foot is walking. The heart longs and wishes, and the private part confirms that or denies it.”

Narrated by Muslim, 2657.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2016
“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision” [al-Ahzaab 33:36]

This is the case with the believers who are praised by their Lord in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: “We hear and we obey.” And such are the successful (who will live forever in Paradise).

And whosoever obeys Allaah and His Messenger , fears Allaah, and keeps his duty (to Him), such are the successful”
[al-Noor 24:51-52]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
فَبِأَيِّ آلَاءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ

So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2016
‘I advise you to fear Allaah and to hear and obey even if an Abyssinian slave were to rule over you. For surely, he who lives from amongst you will see much differing, so it is upon you to be upon my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs. Bite on to it with your back molar teeth and beware of newly invented matters, for verily, every newly invented matter is an innovation, and all innovation is misguidance.’”

Related by Aboo Daawood (no. 4607) and by at-Tirmidthee (no. 2676). It was authenticated by Shaykh al-Albaanee in Irwaa’ul-Ghaleel (no. 2455).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 23, 2016
Jum'ah Mubarak smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
This is the exact thing happening with our Muslims brothers and sisters trying to be fit in with the majority in this case the western civilization, as if being in the majority is a yardstick to know the right thing, when islam has its own civilization, after you watch the video, you'll understand what i mean;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEhSk71gUCQ

Trying to conform to the society even if it makes no sense, as far as it makes "sense" to the majority then its fine, we have to wake up from our slumber, this video(even though not religious) relates to us perfectly...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Jay542(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:
This is the exact thing happening with our Muslims brothers and sisters trying to be fit in with the majority in this case the western civilization, as if being in the majority is a yardstick to know the right thing, when islam has its own civilization, after you watch the video, you'll understand what i mean;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEhSk71gUCQ

Trying to conform to the society even if it makes no sense, as far as it makes "sense" to the majority then its fine, we have to wake up from our slumber, this video(even though not religious) relates to us perfectly...
A well explained theory. Thank yousmiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jay542:

A well explained theory. Thank yousmiley

You welcome.... So how do you see the video?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Jay542(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You welcome.... So how do you see the video?
Very real. In practical sense that is what is happening in our society today. And it related well to explanation you gave.
I must commend, I love your post about Islam. It really shows you know alot. May Almighty Allah reward you with more wisdom. You're a unilorite ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jazakallahu Khiran lexiconkabir

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jay542:

Very real. In practical sense that is what is happening in our society today. And it related well to explanation you gave.

Of course, you see what she said? That she felt comfortable only when she did what others were doing, that should strike in some thinking.

Galileo Galilee tried to think different and defended heliocentrism instead of what the majority believed "geocentricism", in his era he was seen as a rebel against the church for having a different idea of our solar system, today he is seen as the right person.

I must commend, I love your post about Islam. It really shows you know alot.

Thanks for the commendation, but really i dont know alot, I'm still learning smiley

May Almighty Allah reward you with more wisdom.

Ameen and you too.

You're a unilorite ?

Yes, you?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Jay542(m): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Of course, you see what she said? That she felt comfortable only when she did what others were doing, that should strike in some thinking.

Galileo Galilee tried to think different and defended heliocentrism instead of what the majority believed "geocentricism", in his era he was seen as a rebel against the church for having a different idea of our solar system, today he is seen as the right person.

Thanks for the commendation, but really i dont know alot, I'm still learning smiley

Ameen and you too.

Yes, you?
2015 alumni. You're in physics dept yh?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jay542:

2015 alumni. You're in physics dept yh?

Mathematics Dept...
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Jay542(m): 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Mathematics Dept...
Haaha. I heard his gist. I wasn't in that dept. I was in political science dept.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jay542:

Haaha. I heard his gist. I wasn't in that dept. I was in political science dept.

I thank God I've passed through him successfully even though most of my mates didn't.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Jay542(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I thank God I've passed through him successfully even though most of my mates didn't.
Alhamdulillah. People can't pass him easily na. He's a difficult man.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jay542:

Alhamdulillah. People can't pass him easily na. He's a difficult man.

True.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Jay542(m): 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 28, 2016
Needed a reality check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDe80RXOb5k

First 9 minutes of Surah AL- Ghafir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Mikrc1GH4

Full recitation
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 28, 2016
Surah al- Ghafir verse 49

يَا قَوْمِ إِنَّمَا هَٰذِهِ الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا مَتَاعٌ وَإِنَّ الْآخِرَةَ هِيَ دَارُ الْقَرَارِ

O my people, this worldly life is only [temporary] enjoyment, and indeed, the Hereafter - that is the home of [permanent] settlement.

This makes me think how easy it is to focus on the comfort on this life and forget preparing for the hereafter. I can’t help but ask, how many hours do we spend working on things to ensure that worldly goals and desires are met? Now, how hours do we spend on working for a comfortable home in the hereafter?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
[size=18pt]The Excellence of Reciting the Qur’an[/size]

From imam An-nawawi's riyadh soliheen...

Abu Umamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) saying, “Read the Qur’an, for it will come as an intercessor for its reciters on the Day of Resurrection.”
[Muslim].

An-Nawwas bin Sam`an (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) saying, “The Qur’an and its people who applied it, will be brought on the Day of Resurrection preceded with Surat Al-Baqarah and Surat Al-`Imran arguing on behalf of those who applied them.”
[Muslim].

`Uthman bin `Affan (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur’an and teaches it.”
[Al-Bukhari].

`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Qur’an will be with the honourable and obedient scribes (angels) and he who recites the Qur’an and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have a double reward.”
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “The believer who recites the Qur’an is like a citron whose fragrance is sweet and whose taste is delicious. A believer who does not recite the Qur’an is like a date-fruit which has no fragrance but has a sweet taste. The hypocrite who recites the Qur’an is like a colocynth whose fragrance is so sweet, but its taste is bitter. The hypocrite who does not recite the Qur’an is like basil which has no fragrance and its taste is bitter.”
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

`Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “Verily, Allah elevates some people with this Qur’an and abases others.”
[Muslim].

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said: “Envy is justified in regard to two types of persons only: a man whom Allah has given knowledge of the Qur’an, and so he recites it during the night and during the day; and a man whom Allah has given wealth and so he spends from it during the night and during the day.”
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Al-Bara’ bin `Azib (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: A man was reciting Surat Al-Kahf, and a horse was tied with two ropes beside him. As he was reciting, a cloud overshadowed him, and as it began to come nearer and nearer, the horse began to trample voilently. The man came to the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) in the morning and mentioned the incident to him. He (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “That was tranquillity which descended as a result of the recitation of the Qur’an.”

Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “Whoever recites a letter from the Book of Allah, he will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a ten-fold reward. I do not say that Alif-Lam-Mim is one letter, but Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter and Mim is a letter.”
[At-Tirmidhi].

Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “He who does not memorize any part from the Qur’an he is like the ruined house.”
[At-Tirmidhi].

`Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`As (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “The one who was devoted to the the Qur’an will be told on the Day of Resurrection: `Recite and ascend (in ranks) as you used to recite when you were in the world. Your rank will be at the last Ayah you recite.”’
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
Lexiconkabir

Jazakallahu Khiran

May Allah bless and reward your efforts in this life and the hereafter.

Ameen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2016
Anas bin Malik (radi Allahu anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “There shall come upon the people a time in which the one who is steadfast upon his religion will be like the one holding onto a burning coal.” (Hasan) [Chapters on Al-Fitan: Jami At-Tirmidhi]

This hadith informs us that the Muslim Ummah shall pass through periods when wickedness, lewdness and sinfulness will hold sway in society, and the believers shall find it extremely difficult to preserve their faith, and swim against the surging tide of worldly benefits and gains. Holding onto one’s faith under these conditions will in fact be like holding on to a live coal in the palm of one’s hand, which will be a highly challenging and trying task.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Women "Dabbing" In Mecca Blasted. See Photo / Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.