Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56084 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
snapscore:

Sorry I meant amalala * I hope it makes sense now*

That's the only name I know it's called.

It is suppose to help stop ppl from wetting the bed?

OK. Amalala is referred to a person who often bedwet
& not a herb. But there are multiple herbal drugs used in curing that. Perhaps some drug sellers might name their bedwetting drugs as Amalala (Just saying).

They usually sale those drugs on streets with their cars or after Jumuah prayer in the north.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
FriendChoice:

OK. Amalala is referred to a person who often bedwet
& not a herb. But there are multiple herbal drugs used in curing that. Perhaps some drug sellers might name their bedwetting drugs as Amalala (Just saying).

They usually sale those drugs on streets with their cars or after Jumuah prayer in the north.

Thanks for clearing that up. So, what I understood is that amalala (in terms of drugs) is just herbs?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
snapscore:

Thanks for clearing that up. So, what I understood is that amalala (in terms of drugs) is just herbs?

Yeah I think so. Because its being sold by herbs sellers. Some sellers drugs are genuine well package with description of what and what the drug is made up. While others you only buy those drugs blindly.

Do you want to know whether it has something that is prohibited in Islam? Or you're using it 4 medical research?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
FriendChoice:

Yeah I think so. Because its being sold by herbs sellers. Some sellers drugs are genuine well package with description of what and what the drug is made up. While others you only buy those drugs blindly.

Do you want to know whether it has something that is prohibited in Islam? Or you're using it 4 medical research?

I was a little worried about it's ruling and it just contained herbs. I wasn't sure how it was made. Like for example, do the ppl call on the name of jinn or not. The one I remembered seeing didn't have any labels on it.

Anyways jazakallhu khayran.
Appreciate it.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
snapscore:

I was a little worried about it's ruling and it just contained herbs. I wasn't sure how it was made. Like for example, do the ppl call on the name of jinn or not. The one I remembered seeing didn't have any labels on it.

Appreciate it.

I have read your mind then. If you buy drug and you're ask to may be dissolve the herb in tea, milk or food is quite understandable. But in the case, they tell you recite this before taking the drug (Even if it's Qur'an) or any unnecessary conditions, or bring your child to me I will heal him. Please don't accept such herbs.

Wallahul Musta'an. Wa'anti aydan Jazakallahu Khairan Khaira Jaxa'ihi.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nafizzey(m): 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Amin.....will be checking up on you from time to time insha Allaah.

When doing dua;

1.) Do it with sincerity, in this case sincerity means, doing your dua that is legislated in the Qur'an and sunnah yani it has authority from Allaah and the prophet.

2.) When doing dua do raise your hands upwards because Allaah is shy when his servant raises his hands to him and his dua is not answered, the prophet said this, not me, and make sure you don't wipe your face after the dua, just drop you hands.

3.) Do not do group dhikr, its bidah, once bidah is used to do a deed it is rejected, so do not waste time and energy.

4.) Let there be element of humility in it.

5.) There is nothing like "ola annabi, ola sheu, ola makkah, ola safa ati marwa"(if you are not yoruba tell me to translate this for you) and some other nonsense, just use your deeds and Allaah's name to ask him.

Salaam alaykum.
what if one wipes his face after making dua. what happens to his dua? Because I see people most often wipe their face after making Dua... is that wrong?? Pls elaborate..

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
@lexiconkabir

Sorry to bother you but I remember a few months back you mentioned searching up/ reading books about how to give dawah. Did you find any books on that?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
snapscore:
@lexico.nkabir

Sorry to bother you but I remember a few months back you mentioned searching up/ reading books about how to give dawah. Did you find any books on that?

No, do you have any you want to give me?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
lexiconkabir:

No, do you have any you want to give me?

Nope. I was hoping you would have one.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nafizzey:
what if one wipes his face after making dua. what happens to his dua?

It's an innovation, bidiah.

'Aishah (May Allaah be pleased with her) reported:
Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ) said, "If anyone introduces in our matter something which does not belong to it, will be rejected".

The narration in Muslim says: "If anybody introduces a practice which is not authenticated by me, it is to be rejected".

Both hadeeths are authentic..

So that dua will be rejected, because dua is ibaadah, so says the prophet, and ibadaah is tawqeefiyyah(not allowed to worship except with what Allaah has prescribed), just as how salaah is ibadaah, fasting is ibadaah, zakah and so on, the same way dua is, so we cant just form something out of our own intellect to worship Allaah, so in dua, the person to teach us this act of ibadaah didn't do it, so we wont, if you do, it will be rejected

Because I see people most often wipe their face after making Dua... is that wrong?? Pls elaborate..

People doing it don't make it right, Islam in this part of the world has gone beyond that, whatever you do as act of ibaadah, it should be legislated, such that if i ask "why are you doing this act" you can confidently say "because the prophet did it"

Read more here https://islamqa.info/en/39174

WAllaahu a'lam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
snapscore:

Nope. I was hoping you would have one.

Although i started taking classes on "akhlaaq" this week and i have taken just one class for now, so we discussed ihsaan.

You need one?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
snapscore:

Appreciate it.

I understand your question more.

@Bolded No I have never seen such before. Ah that's pure shirk. I trust my people they will deal with them considering the fact those people advertise with microphones on street. Just now I saw one passing advertising.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Although i started taking classes on "akhlaaq" this week and i have taken just one class for now, so we discussed ihsaan.

You need one?

Are these classes online?

I will be finishing my exams on Thursday in sha Allah and then I will be on holiday. So, I was sort of hoping to increase my knowledge. If you have any good Islamic books in general. I am interested.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 12:21am On Dec 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:

It's an innovation, bidiah.
Innovated idea?. Really?. Even a nigerian Sheik called Abdul Majeed Eleha did not say it is bid'a. He said prophet wiped his face once but in most cases he doesnt. Because of that he exhorts his followers that since prophet did it once, they should follow the practice he did most (i:e hands down after dua).

Now, let's bring it on. It is really bid'a to wipe face after dua?. First, what is bid'a without quoting any Sheik or opinion of anyone. Just bid'a itself without stretching its meaning. Bid'a is a practice not done by the prophet PERIOD. Very simple. We ain't going to sahaba yet. Lets stop where prophet stopped for now. Did the nabi (sallaAllahu alaiy wasallam) wiped his face after making dua or not?. Yes. not even a one time.

1) عن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه قال : كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم إذا رفع يديه في الدعاء لم يحطهما حتى يمسح بهما وجهه”Umar Bin Khattab (radiyallaahu anhu) reports: When Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) would to raise his hands in du’a, he would not lower them until he passed them over his face” (Sunan Al-Tirmizhi, #3386)Ibn Hajr Asqalani has classified the above Hadith as sound. (Bulugh Al-Muraam, pg 264, Dar Al-Fikr)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Messenger of Allah [pbuh] said: “Do not cover the walls. He who sees the letter of his brother without his permission, sees Hell-fire. Supplicate Allah (SWT) with the palms of your hands; do not supplicate Him with their backs upwards. When you finish supplication, wipe your faces with them.” [Abu Dawud & Musnad-e-Ahmad]The Hadeeth narrated by Ibn Abbas (RA) related by Abi Dawud and others. Put together, they confirm that it (this Hadeeth) is Hasan.

Verdict of Shawkani (RA) in Naylul Awtaar: Imam Shawkani (RA) accepts this narration as Hasan in Naylul Awtaar

Narration of Umar Bin Khattab (RA) in Tirmidhi: حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏أَبُو مُوسَى مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى ‏ ‏وَإِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ يَعْقُوبَ ‏ ‏وَغَيْرُ وَاحِدٍ ‏ ‏قَالُوا حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏حَمَّادُ بْنُ عِيسَى الْجُهَنِيُّ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏حَنْظَلَةَ بْنِ أَبِي سُفْيَانَ الْجُمَحِيِّ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏سَالِمِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏أَبِيهِ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ ‏ ‏رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ ‏ ‏قَالَ ‏كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏إِذَا رَفَعَ يَدَيْهِ فِي الدُّعَاءِ لَمْ يَحُطَّهُمَا حَتَّى يَمْسَحَ بِهِمَا وَجْهَهُ ‏
Musaa Muhammad ibn Al-Muthannaa and Ibraahim ibn Ya’qub and more than one stating that Hammaad ibn ‘Eesaa Al-Juhani narrated to us from Hanthalah ibn Abi Sufyaan Al-Jumahiy from Saalim ibn Abdullah from his father (Abdullah ibn Umar) from Umar ibn Al-Khattab (radhiya Allahu ‘Anhu) who said that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) when raising his hands in du’aa, would not put them down until he had wiped his face with them.

So even if it was done once by nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), that's evidence. So clealry from this ahadith, it is NOT bid'a. You think it is by accident majority Africans, Asian and some part of Middle East wipe their faces?. There must have been evidences for it. Didnt islamqa see these ahadith?. Matter of fact, I got more narrations. but this are enough for now.

'Aishah (May Allaah be pleased with her) reported:
Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ) said, "If anyone introduces in our matter something which does not belong to it, will be rejected".

The narration in Muslim says: "If anybody introduces a practice which is not authenticated by me, it is to be rejected".

Both hadeeths are authentic..
This hadith narrated by Aisha(ra) only gives general meaning. It is not specific in this case or any other cases. If you think making dua any how to Allah in other manners not recommended is bid'a, it means making dua in local dialect is bid'a too. What you failed to understand is, there is nothing wrong in it if it is not directly recommended. What is wrong is supplicating to other than Allah, not being certain in one's dua like saying "if you wish accept my dua" etc. Stuff like this are what should be condemned. Not everyone has access to all ahadith and not everyone understands them. Therefore, Quran and hadith have set guidelines. Does not have to be specific words as prophet said it except some that are easily memorized. Not everyone is capable of doing so. What is legislated in worship are salat, ramadan etc as you rightly said. Other aspect of worship are flexible with conditions that you call on Allah and divert you dua to Him alone. However you want to do that is up to individual.

So that dua will be rejected,
Let's assume for the sake of this that wiping face is bida. Someone supplicates to Allah validly and then wipes his face. What is rejected is wiping face not the dua itself. I am saying this in case you consider wiping bida. The dua is not rejected but wiping face is. Afterall, after my post up there, face wiping is not bida. It is Sunnah. By the way, it seems these "people of sunnah" are inconsistent. At masjid where i seldom make jum'a, imam once said "dont raise your face it is bid'a. It doesnt matter how long it is being done in your tradition, it is not practiced by nabi" I just dey smile. It means you people aren't doing your homework thoroughly or you chose area that pleaases you. Finally, the method you and islamqa used is that of Hambali school. Other schools of Thought favor wiping face. This is why dont stick to one madhab even though i grew up with Malik school. I scrutinize all of them. What one school has other may not have. In this case only Hanbali school go against it.

wallau alam

People doing it don't make it right, Islam in this part of the world has gone beyond that, whatever you do as act of ibaadah, it should be legislated, such that if i ask "why are you doing this act" you can confidently say "because the prophet did it"
already tackled
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:42am On Dec 07, 2016
snapscore:

Are these classes online?

I will be finishing my exams on Thursday in sha Allah and then I will be on holiday. So, I was sort of hoping to increase my knowledge. If you have any good Islamic books in general. I am interested.

No its not online as for more knowledge, why don't you enrol for a class to perfect you Arabic?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:

No its not online as for more knowledge, why don't you enrol for a class to perfect you Arabic?

I found one but I am hesitant to register. The holiday is only for a month and the course is 3 months.

I don't know I would be able to cope.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 07, 2016
Even tho this thread is not for arguments, i will just respond once insha Allaah as I'm done with arguments.

Empiree:
Innovated idea?. Really?. Even a nigerian Sheik called Abdul Majeed Eleha did not say it is bid'a. He said prophet wiped his face once but in most cases he doesnt. Because of that he exhorts his followers that since prophet did it once, they should follow the practice he did most (i:e hands down after dua).

Nobody takes imran eleha serious here as he has many issues, even if he doesnt, he is to bring an authentic hadeeth from the prophet.

Now, let's bring it on. It is really bid'a to wipe face after dua?. First, what is bid'a without quoting any Sheik or opinion of anyone. Just bid'a itself without stretching its meaning. Bid'a is a practice not done by the prophet PERIOD. Very simple. We ain't going to sahaba yet. Lets stop where prophet stopped for now. Did the nabi (sallaAllahu alaiy wasallam) wiped his face after making dua or not?. Yes. not even a one time.

1) عن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه قال : كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم إذا رفع يديه في الدعاء لم يحطهما حتى يمسح بهما وجهه”Umar Bin Khattab (radiyallaahu anhu) reports: When Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) would to raise his hands in du’a, he would not lower them until he passed them over his face” (Sunan Al-Tirmizhi, #3386)Ibn Hajr Asqalani has classified the above Hadith as sound. (Bulugh Al-Muraam, pg 264, Dar Al-Fikr)

What is clearer here is, the hadeeth is daeef https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/48 check the 3386th hadeeth.

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Messenger of Allah [pbuh] said: “Do not cover the walls. He who sees the letter of his brother without his permission, sees Hell-fire. Supplicate Allah (SWT) with the palms of your hands; do not supplicate Him with their backs upwards. When you finish supplication, wipe your faces with them.” [Abu Dawud & Musnad-e-Ahmad]The Hadeeth narrated by Ibn Abbas (RA) related by Abi Dawud and others. Put together, they confirm that it (this Hadeeth) is Hasan.

Abu dawood who brought a similar hadeeth(which i believe you are referring to) brings it as thus;

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: Do not cover the walls. He who sees the letter of his brother without his permission, sees Hell-fire.
Supplicate Allah with the palms of your hands; do not supplicate Him with their backs upwards. When you finish supplication, wipe your faces with them.
Abu Dawud said: This tradition has been transmitted through a different chains by Muhammad b. Ka'b; all of them are weak. The chain I have narrated is best of them; but it is also weak.

Yani he agrees that his chain is also weak, check https://sunnah.com/abudawud/8 hadeeth 1485 to see this statement made by Abu dawood.

And as for the claim that it is in musnad Ahmad, pls bring a reference so i can check for its authenticity too, at least I've helped you to fish out that of Abu dawood.

Verdict of Shawkani (RA) in Naylul Awtaar: Imam Shawkani (RA) accepts this narration as Hasan in Naylul Awtaar

Narration of Umar Bin Khattab (RA) in Tirmidhi: حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏أَبُو مُوسَى مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى ‏ ‏وَإِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ يَعْقُوبَ ‏ ‏وَغَيْرُ وَاحِدٍ ‏ ‏قَالُوا حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏حَمَّادُ بْنُ عِيسَى الْجُهَنِيُّ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏حَنْظَلَةَ بْنِ أَبِي سُفْيَانَ الْجُمَحِيِّ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏سَالِمِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏أَبِيهِ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ ‏ ‏رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ ‏ ‏قَالَ ‏كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏إِذَا رَفَعَ يَدَيْهِ فِي الدُّعَاءِ لَمْ يَحُطَّهُمَا حَتَّى يَمْسَحَ بِهِمَا وَجْهَهُ ‏
Musaa Muhammad ibn Al-Muthannaa and Ibraahim ibn Ya’qub and more than one stating that Hammaad ibn ‘Eesaa Al-Juhani narrated to us from Hanthalah ibn Abi Sufyaan Al-Jumahiy from Saalim ibn Abdullah from his father (Abdullah ibn Umar) from Umar ibn Al-Khattab (radhiya Allahu ‘Anhu) who said that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) when raising his hands in du’aa, would not put them down until he had wiped his face with them.

You've already brought this hadeeth na, and its daeef.

so even if it was done once by nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), that's evidence. So clealry from this ahadith, it is NOT bid'a. You think it is by accident majority Africans, Asian and some part of Middle East wipe their faces?. There must have been evidences for it. Didnt islamqa see these ahadith?. Matter of fact, I got more narrations. but this are enough for now.

No authentic ahadeeth says the prophet did it even once, so its bidah, Africans Asians and others doing it are doing doing that on the basis of weak ahadeeth, which happens alot with these madhabs, so you shouldn't be a blind follower of a madhab, when a valid proof is brought, then follow it, and mind you, i didnt get the idea from islamqa, but from one of my udhtaaz, yusuf Abu Muhammad in lag, i just checked islamqa and i saw they did the neat analysis, hence my bringing their page here, and also islamqa knows about this ahadeeth you are talking about and also know that they are weak, when you are not sure of the authenticity of a hadeeth how difficult is it for you to discard the hadeeth?

This hadith narrated by Aisha(ra) only gives general meaning. It is not specific in this case or any other cases. If you think making dua any how to Allah in other manners not recommended is bid'a, it means making dua in local dialect is bid'a too. What you failed to understand is, there is nothing wrong in it if it is not directly recommended. What is wrong is supplicating to other than Allah, not being certain in one's dua like saying "if you wish accept my dua" etc. Stuff like this are what should be condemned. Not everyone has access to all ahadith and not everyone understands them. Therefore, Quran and hadith have set guidelines. Does not have to be specific words as prophet said it except some that are easily memorized. Not everyone is capable of doing so. What is legislated in worship are salat, ramadan etc as you rightly said. Other aspect of worship are flexible with conditions that you call on Allah and divert you dua to Him alone. However you want to do that is up to individual.

Follow my post properly and you will know why i brought the general hadeeth.

Let's assume for the sake of this that wiping face is bida. Someone supplicates to Allah validly and then wipes his face. What is rejected is wiping face not the dua itself. I am saying this in case you consider wiping bida. The dua is not rejected but wiping face is. Afterall, after my post up there, face wiping is not bida. It is Sunnah. By the way, it seems these "people of sunnah" are inconsistent. At masjid where i seldom make jum'a, imam once said "dont raise your face it is bid'a. It doesnt matter how long it is being done in your tradition, it is not practiced by nabi" I just dey smile. It means you people aren't doing your homework thoroughly or you chose area that pleaases you.

As you've said, lets assumed you've agreed its bidiah;

If you deliberately add up an action in your fard salaah which is not part of it, is it only that added action that will be rejected or all of it? Note the word "deliberately"...

By the same token apply it to dua, because dua is ibaadah according to the prophet, and as we know ibaadah can't be done anyhow except when prescribed by the accepter of the ibaadah Himself(Allaah).

No, we do our homework by separating falsehood attributed to the prophet, one of them is this action, which came through weak ahadeeth.

Finally, the method you and islamqa used is that of Hambali school. Other schools of Thought favor wiping face. This is why dont stick to one madhab even though i grew up with Malik school. I scrutinize all of them. What one school has other may not have. In this case only Hanbali school go against it.

wallau alam

already tackled

Its very ironic that, you claim islamqa and i follow hanbali school and hanbali school goes against it, yet you brought "a hadeeth" claiming its from imam Ahmad who himself is the originator of the hanbali school of thought, ironic isn't it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:41am On Dec 07, 2016
snapscore:

I found one but I am hesitant to register. The holiday is only for a month and the course is 3 months.

I don't know I would be able to cope.

Oh! Don't you understand Yoruba properly when spoken?

And as for Islamic books, these books are in Arabic (without diacritical marks), which is why i wanted you to perfect your Arabic.

Although personally, i dont have these books at hand because no money to buy so much books, some books has many volumes like siyar A'laam an-nubala, 12 volumes, imagine student like me buying that. so school library helps me with that.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Oh! Don't you understand Yoruba properly when spoken?

I do. I am not sure what this has to do with learning Arabic though.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 07, 2016
snapscore:

I do. I am not sure what this has to do with learning Arabic though.

Why don't you register for that Arabic online class i opened a thread about? Its like normal class, materials to be used will be provided. And its in Yoruba.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:01am On Dec 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Why don't you register for that Arabic online class i opened a thread about? Its like normal class, materials to be used will be provided.

Oh, I am not used to learning in Youruba.
Even when I watched that lecture, every time he said something. I would understand 80% and 20 is lost. Plus, I am not sure learning online is best for me. I need a little push. The medinaharbic website provides free Arabic course, yet, I never watched beyond lesson 3.

Modified

Just checked the Arabic course. It's only twice a week and I think I would be able to go for the morning classes.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 07, 2016
snapscore:

Oh, I am not used to learning in Youruba.
Even when I watched that lecture, every time he said something. I would understand 80% and 20 is lost. Plus, I am not sure learning online is best for me. I need a little push. The medinaharbic website provides free Arabic course, yet, I never watched beyond lesson 3.

Truly learning via online sources is never the best, at the end of every session how long is the holiday?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Truly learning via online sources is never the best, at the end of every session how long is the holiday?

Modified my previous post.

About 2 months.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 07, 2016
snapscore:

Modified my previous post.

About 2 months.

Ok, twice a week is good, so you'll have time for practicing what you've been taught that week...

I will like to say, whatever you are being taught, practice, dont say this thing is easy I've understood it, even if you understood it, still practice.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 4:21am On Dec 07, 2016
lexiconkabir,

Exactly Deaf. I was expecting that. Case close. You fell for it BIG TIME.

That just reminds me of Alfa saying, " you better watch what you say about nabi(SAW) about all these sahih, daef etc. We came to this world to find these things". So you can post website saying it is daef. There is no way you can "authentically" proof whether the prophet did not say it or not. The people that daef ahadith simply do not agree with wiping faces. Case closed.

You can see clearly majority muslims wipe their faces. Thats not by accident. So it is ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT TO CLAIM IT IS BIDA. That's overboard. Whoever wants to wipe their face can do so after dua. Nothing is daef about it. Since they also claimed raising hands was not sunnah before they retracted their stance, i no longer take them serious anymore.

So all ulama who have been wiping their faces all this years, their dua were rejected?. Joke of the century

Note, I knew this thread isnt about this. I wanted to ignore but i was compelled bcus i believe you passed wrong info by saying dua will be rejected for wiping face. So daef or not, it is optional and have no effect on dua one makes to Allah. Matter of fact, their is another hadith which says, telling people that their dua will not be answered bcus of so so and so, Allah steps in and answers the dua and says, what are you going do about it?

Case closed

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:30am On Dec 07, 2016
Empiree:
lexiconkabir,

Exactly Deaf. I was expecting that. Case close. You fell for it BIG TIME.

That just reminds me of Alfa saying, " you better watch what you say about nabi(SAW) about all these sahih, daef etc. We came to this world to find these things". So you can post website saying it is daef. There is no way you can "authentically" proof whether the prophet did not say it or not. The people that daef ahadith simply do not agree with wiping faces. Case closed.

You can see clearly majority muslims wipe their faces. Thats not by accident. So it is ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT TO CLAIM IT IS BIDA. That's overboard. Whoever wants to wipe their face can do so after dua. Nothing is daef about it. Since they also claimed raising hands was not sunnah before they retracted their stance, i no longer take them serious anymore.

So all ulama who have been wiping their faces all this years, their dua were rejected?. Joke of the century

Note, I knew this thread isnt about this. I wanted to ignore but i was compelled bcus i believe you passed wrong info by saying dua will be rejected for wiping face. So daef or not, it is optional and have no effect on dua one makes to Allah. Matter of fact, their is another hadith which says, telling people that their dua will not be answered bcus of so so and so, Allah steps in and answers the dua and says, what are you going do about it?

Case closed

Yeah case closed! Because no single authentic hadeeth from the prophet, i don't know who claimed raising of hands is not prescribed when we have authentic hadeeth on that, i wonder if Abu ddawood that declared it daeef did so because he doesnt agree with it, if that was the case he wouldnt bring the hadeeth in the first place, would he? common dont just make claims, prove them, don't slander Muslims.

Al-albani did not agree with opening of face and hands for hijab, but when he saw a hadeeth that is authentic due to many factors, he had to agree with it, don't you think he could've just graded it daeef? And some other cases like that..

And it seems you don't understand the logic behind the rejection that I've hinted, anyway Like you've said cased closed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 5:14am On Dec 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:
As you've said, lets assumed you've agreed its bidiah;

If you deliberately add up an action in your fard salaah which is not part of it, is it only that added action that will be rejected or all of it? Note the word "deliberately".
I missed this part. See, I am sick of this. You people always play this trick. You said fard salat here. But earlier you simply talked about dua. Making dua is optional. Like for instance, I decided to make dua before i go to bed and wipe my face after that. So this has nothing to do with obligatory practices. Dont know why you brought it. Obligatory practices are LEGISLATED. If someone adds to it Deliberately it is null and void. That's bid'a No questions asked. If it by mistake, we already know how to rectify it. So bringing obligatory salat into this is irrelevant. Dua we talking about here is random one. See, this is the game those Alfas played with Sheikh Habib. He is saying A...they are saying B and he got tired of them. So you can not correlate fard with random dua. Just doesn't add up.

By the same token apply it to dua, because dua is ibaadah according to the prophet, and as we know ibaadah can't be done anyhow except when prescribed by the accepter of the ibaadah Himself(Allaah).
Then, random dua you make in your dialect is bida bcuz the prophet simply did not teach you that. You have to say the random dua exactly as prophet said it. Dont translate. Translating it too constitutes bid'a. You people dont understand religion at all. Sorry to speak. I have said before that you people are mixing fard and sunnan and also mixing different sunnah together. Standard you are using is, you are saying every muslim MUST memorize hadith just as Quran. It is possible to memorize entire Quran but not hadith. NEVER. In that case, there is no way a muslim can possibly know every sunnah head to toe.

Now, here is your homework, there is a hadith about sending salawa on the prophet(SAW). Prophet did not prescribe when or where to say it. He only recommends it. But Madhabs differ on reciting salawa after tashahud (in obligatory salat). Some say it is obligatory and without saying it, salat is void. Others say it's mustahab. None of these mentioned by the prophet. Is it bida or sahih?. far as i am concern, I started reciting salat ibrahimiyah after tashahud in 2006. NEVER before that. So all my salat before that null and void? Thats your homework

No, we do our homework by separating falsehood attributed to the prophet, one of them is this action, which came through weak ahadeeth.
No, you can not say it is falsehood bcus even though Abu Daud did not say that. If something is daef, why are you relegating it to Mawḍūʻ (fabricated). Is that what Abu Daud called it or you just came up with yours?. If a narration is daef doesnt mean ti is false. The least you can do is place it at the bottom. Now you have changed its classification from daef to fabricated hadith.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 5:20am On Dec 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Yeah case closed! Because no single authentic hadeeth from the prophet, i don't know who claimed raising of hands is not prescribed when we have authentic hadeeth on that, i wonder if Abu ddawood that declared it daeef did so because he doesnt agree with it, if that was the case he wouldnt bring the hadeeth in the first place, would he? common dont just make claims, prove them, don't slander Muslims.
I am not slandering muslims. I was simply referring to Imam at my masjid who made the claim. And since you dont know him, whats your point?

Set it straight. All those Ulama around the world who have been raising their hands and wiping their faces, their dua were not answered and rejected?. Just say Yes so I know where you stand. That's all I want to know
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 07, 2016
Empiree:
I missed this part. See, I am sick of this. You people always play this trick. You said fard salat here. But earlier you simply talked about dua. Making dua is optional. Like for instance, I decided to make dua before i go to bed and wipe my face after that. So this has nothing to do with obligatory practices. Dont know why you brought it. Obligatory practices are LEGISLATED. If someone adds to it Deliberately it is null and void. That's bid'a No questions asked. If it by mistake, we already know how to rectify it. So bringing obligatory salat into this is irrelevant. Dua we talking about here is random one. See, this is the game those Alfas played with Sheikh Habib. He is saying A...they are saying B and he got tired of them. So you can not correlate fard with random dua. Just doesn't add up.
Empiree post=51702531:
I am not slandering muslims. I was simply referring to Imam at my masjid who made the claim. And since you dont know him, whats your point?
Set it straight. All those Ulama around the world who have been raising their hands and wiping their faces, their dua were not answered and rejected?. Just say Yes so I know where you stand. That's all I want to know
Then, random dua you make in your dialect is bida bcuz the prophet simply did not teach you that. You have to say the random dua exactly as prophet said it. Dont translate. Translating it too constitutes bid'a. You people dont understand religion at all. Sorry to speak. I have said before that you people are mixing fard and sunnan and also mixing different sunnah together. Standard you are using is, you are saying every muslim MUST memorize hadith just as Quran. It is possible to memorize entire Quran but not hadith. NEVER. In that case, there is no way a muslim can possibly know every sunnah head to toe.

Now, here is your homework, there is a hadith about sending salawa on the prophet(SAW). Prophet did not prescribe when or where to say it. He only recommends it. But Madhabs differ on reciting salawa after tashahud (in obligatory salat). Some say it is obligatory and without saying it, salat is void. Others say it's mustahab. None of these mentioned by the prophet. Is it bida or sahih?. far as i am concern, I started reciting salat ibrahimiyah after tashahud in 2006. NEVER before that. So all my salat before that null and void? Thats your homework

No, you can not say it is falsehood bcus even though Abu Daud did not say that. If something is daef, why are you relegating it to Mawḍūʻ (fabricated). Is that what Abu Daud called it or you just came up with yours?. If a narration is daef doesnt mean ti is false. The least you can do is place it at the bottom. Now you have changed its classification from daef to fabricated hadith.

See another time, i don't want this thread derailed, everyone should simply stick to his opinion.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 07, 2016
I am so tempted to reply but the purpose of this thread wasn't for this. Plus this issue has been discussed multiple times on nairaland.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 5:59am On Dec 07, 2016
Nafizzey:
what if one wipes his face after making dua. what happens to his dua? Because I see people most often wipe their face after making Dua... is that wrong?? Pls elaborate..
See, you may just have to research and do what is right. Opinions vary on the issue of wiping face with your hands after making dua. It is up to you. But to say the dua is null and void, that's way off. No scholars said that as this brother portrayed. Majority early scholars (save few) including 4 madhabs consider it Sunnah but later scholars from certain region of Middle East consider it bid'a. Students of Hanafi school consider it Sunnah. Matter of fact,I made mistake earlier when i said Hambali school go against it. he doesnt. Those who consider it weak from early scholars never said it is bidah. It is only some scholars from area of middle east said so. So their opinion doesnt matter.

Up to you if you want to wipe your face or not. The thing is, people dont want to take chance to lose any baraka from the prophet or dua...Daif or not is matter of "science of hadith". Some sahaba too did not take the chance from the prophet. Some even drank his fluid seeking baraka. Was recorded that prophet would condemn it sometimes. Sometimes he just laughed. Which means it is irrelevant whether you wiped your face or not. It has no negative effect on sincere dua you make to Allah.There is nothing bidatic wiping your face. Do it or not is up to you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings." - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)

Ponder over this brilliant words of nabi(saw). ^ The hands you spread and make dua with are heavy and their is barakat in it. Wipe your face with it if you want. I dont take chance to miss anything in islam as long as i am capable to do so. It is your choice.

Go through this thread and read wide opinions. It is too wide for anyone to claim it is bid'a. It is simply NOT. Even if it is daef, still doesnt mean it is bidah.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?317953-Is-wiping-the-face-after-dua-bidah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 6:04am On Dec 07, 2016
Exactly. Do not be quick to say something it's bida and dua will be rejected just bcus you frown upon it. Many others sects, even if their school of thoughts say a practice is weak, they do not go around to claim it is bidah. They just leave it as it is. We have giant of Ulama who have been practicing it for centuries but today, someone said it is bida and dua was rejected?. That not acceptable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.