Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (55938 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Salaam alaykum
@AideeSheks
Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah Brother, how are you doing?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
AideeSheks:

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah
Brother, how are you doing?

I'm fine dear brother walhamadulillaah.... And how bout you?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 10:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:

I'm fine dear brother walhamadulillaah.... And how bout you?
Alhamdulillah, I've been fine too. Service ends in few weeks, In sha Allah.
By the way, congrats on your recent graduation. Barakallahu Feekum
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
AideeSheks:

Alhamdulillah, I've been fine too. Service ends in few weeks, In sha Allah.

By the way, congrats on your recent graduation. Barakallahu Feekum

Alhamdulillaah, wa feeka baarak....

How did sisters with full long hijab cope with camp things?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 9:20am On Oct 13, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Alhamdulillaah, wa feeka baarak....

How did sisters with full long hijab cope with camp things?
Well, sisters have the right to cover properly in camp. Only on the condition that the hijab has to be white and not any other colour.Then they should try to avoid free mixing and any other avenue for fitnah as much as possible.
I've heard stories of sisters being harassed in camp though over their hijab (most especially in eastern or southern states) but once they stand firm and not compromise, I don't think there will be much problem.
Even at times, soldiers might want to haggle people for going to the masjid to pray. The trick we used then was to make sure we walk in multitudes when leaving the mosque. That way, they could do us no harm.
It's not easy though. Camp is a place filled with many things that can destroy one's faith.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 13, 2017
AideeSheks:

Well, sisters have the right to cover properly in camp. Only on the condition that the hijab has to be white and not any other colour.Then they should try to avoid free mixing and any other avenue for fitnah as much as possible.
I've heard stories of sisters being harassed in camp though over their hijab (most especially in eastern or southern states) but once they stand firm and not compromise, I don't think there will be much problem.
Even at times, soldiers might want to haggle people for going to the masjid to pray. The trick we used then was to make sure we walk in multitudes when leaving the mosque. That way, they could do us no harm.
It's not easy though. Camp is a place filled with many things that can destroy one's faith.

Jazakallaah khayran! I better send this to this our sister that is worried...

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Jazakallaah khayran! I better send this to this our sister that is worried...
Wa iyakum
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 13, 2017
AideeSheks:

Wa iyakum

Can the soldiers be petitioned should they be crazy enough to resort to assault or even battery?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Can the soldiers be petitioned should they be crazy enough to resort to assault or even battery?
Don't know too much about this. But I know it's possible for a soldier to face disciplinary action from his superiors if he is found to have misbehaved with a corper. The only thing soldiers have power to do most times is shout, intimidate and give punishment.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by FriendNG: 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
Demmzy15 Judaism is not older than Islam. Islam start with Adam. Moses come with Islam. Judaism from Jews is a corrupted religion which start after Moses peace be upon him. While Islam predate Musa peace be upon him.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 11:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
FriendNG:
Demmzy15 Judaism is not older than Islam. Islam start with Adam. Moses come with Islam. Judaism from Jews is a corrupted religion which start after Moses peace be upon him. While Islam predate Musa peace be upon him.
Yeah I know, Islam is older than all but I'm equating it to their level as they won't understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 9:25am On Oct 17, 2017
#copied#
FIRST REMINDER: MONDAY. 26th day of Muharram. How big is your sins as compare to Allah's Mercy? Let's Study and share to others pls. BismilLahir Rahmaanir Raheem.
The beauty of Islam is that no matter how much evil we become, if we turns sincerely to the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth (Allah), repenting and asking for forgiveness, the matter is over, we are forgiven, and not just that, the love of Allah SWT for us that was present before will all be back, because He is al-Wadud, He is the Loving One. And this is the mercy of Allah SWT.
Compare this to the human being, if you are in a country or other place, and you commit any evil act, for example, you killed somebody, and then the authority came after you. You go to the court and you tell to the judge, please forgive me and I won’t do that again. The judge would say, justice has to be served, and if the judge forgives him, people would get onto the judge and he will be fired. And the normal human being would hate that so much because that will spread corruption. But the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, no matter how much a person falls into mistakes, if he turns to Him sincerely, the sins are forgiven.
The Prophet (S.A.W) gave us example where a man killed 100 human beings and he wanted to repent to Allah SWT but in the process of going to a town where he can meet good people and repent dies on his way but just bcs of his intention to repent Allah forgave him and he finally entered Jannat Allahu Akbar. So the point is and as mentioned in the Quran, the worst sins that ever committed which are associating partners with Allah, those who kill, those who commit zina, if they repent to Allah SWT sincerely, "Allah SWT will even replace their sins with good deeds." (25:70)
Allah calls the people of the Book (Christians and Jews) as disbelievers and called them back to repent. Allah mentioned in Surah al-Hadid, to the People of the Book,” O you who believe [in Musa (Moses) (i.e. Jews) and 'Iesa (Jesus) (i.e. Christians)]! Fear Allah, and believe too in His Messenger (Muhammad S.A.W), He will give you a double portion of His Mercy, and He will give you a light by which you shall walk (straight), and He will forgive you. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”. (57:28) Why? Because they believed in Moses (PBUH), they believed in Jesus (PBUH) and then they believe in the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W and if they corrected their believe, they will get double of the rewards because of the great mercy of Allah SWT. Even though this verse was revealed to the Ahlul kitaab at the time of the Prophet before Allah perfected Islam for mankind, the deal from Allah still stand for whoever revert to Islam among the disbelievers today. May Allah forgive our sins and guide our non Muslim colleagues to Islam. Aameen.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2017
Asalam alaykum AbdelKabir. Have you seen your posting?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 21, 2017
AideeSheks:
Asalam alaykum Abd.elKabir.

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi

Have you seen your posting?

No o, here is what I got rather

Dear Kabir, your callupno is NYSC/ILR/2017/20*****. You cannot print your callup letter now because you are not in stream I. Thank you.

Its what I wanted actually..... I still got things I need to do...

So how far with your madrasah?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 11:20am On Nov 21, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi

No o, here is what I got rather

Dear Kabir, your callupno is NYSC/ILR/2017/20*****. You cannot print your callup letter now because you are not in stream I. Thank you.

Its what I wanted actually..... I still got things I need to do...

So how far with your madrasah?
Alright.
Well, the issue now is that I'm done with service. Left Offa for home 2 weeks ago. Just making plans to resume my studies. But not quite settled for now.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
AideeSheks:

Alright.
Well, the issue now is that I'm done with service. Left Offa for home 2 weeks ago. Just making plans to resume my studies. But not quite settled for now.

Alhamdulillaah.... May Allaah make it easy...
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by missyQween(f): 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Assalam Alaiequm dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam.I hope this verse will serve as reminder to you for"Indeed Reminders benefit the believers "

"And to your lord alone turn all your intentions and hope". Suratul inshirah,94:8

After all the disappointment from people, Either family or friends,I hope you see this verse and realise that no one can really help you except your creator. Instead of turning to people, Turn to your lord for " Indeed He is near to you"

And,Allah knows best

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
When you fear that your Eeman is dipping low, make an effort to focus and connect with Allah in Salah. For what is Salah but a meeting with our Lord, a connection with Him, and a chance to draw closer to Him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
Not letting our mood affect the way we treat people is a forgotten sunnah. But almost everyone of us is guilty of this, may Allah have mercy on us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0X3vPHPsXo

*Not sure if I've posted it before*

Quick summary
-Talks about why people don't lower gaze ( following desires, watching movies, being unmarried, forgetting Allah etc)
-Talks about the ruling regarding lowering the gaze; for men it's obligatory except when with mahram and for women it's obligatory when looking with an intention/desire.
-Talks about benefit of lowering gaze (keeps the heart sound, saves one from calamity, prevents shaytan from entering, become insightful/gaining wisdom etc)
-Talks about harm of not lowering the gaze ( calamities, being distanced from Allah, hardening of the heart)

What can one do in a situation where he/she doesn't lower gaze?

-Make dua to Allah for strengthening of the heart
- Repentance
-thinking of the benfit
-Knowing that Allah sees us even if the creation does not
- Getting married if possible
-Fasting
- Following up bad deeds with good deeds
- Knowing that lowering gaze is fighting one desires and obeying Allah because everyone is doing something out of obedience. So one should take honor in obeying his/her Lord
- Knowing that people are not the ones to decide if we go to jannah or not; this is in relation to culture where free mixing and looking is the norm and it might been seen as rude if a person lowers his/her gaze
-Remembering the day of judgement and that the eyes and skin will testify

-Some examples of lawful entertainment (painting inanimate object, going to parks, sight seeing, watching educative things etc).

*The video covers a lot more.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
^^Welcome back!

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 8:55am On Dec 21, 2017
^^
Thank you
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
Whenever Shaytaan makes you feel jealous of someone, think about the good deeds you may be burning and how hard it was for you to attain them. The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "Beware of envy because envy consumes (destroys) virtues just as fire consumes firewood." [Riyadh Us Saliheen Book 18, Hadith 1569]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:30am On Jan 05, 2018
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 7:06am On Jan 05, 2018
Summary

•Talks about love of the dunya and the reality that this world is lowly and near. It is near because it is the present but in reality the world is nothing but deception.
•Mentions ayats that describe the reality of dunya- the world is nothing but “Know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. But in the Hereafter (there is) a severe torment (for the disbelievers, evil-doers), and (there is) Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the believers, good-doers), whereas the life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment“. [57:20]
•Sort of like when a person graduates then gets a jobs and things starts to go smoothly then a person starts to focus on the dunya because he feels that he’ got everything under control then all of a sudden it is snatched away through death.

•Talks about importance of holding the dunya at the hands but not at the heart.
•We tend to attribute success to wealth, children etc but Allah doesn’t describe true success as that. True success getting into Jannah and it can only be achieved on the day when the full wages will be paid.
•The problem with Muslims today is that we know but we do not act on our knowledge. We know that Jannah is real and Jahannam is real and we will be called to account but how is that knowledge impacting our lives.
•One of the things that struck me was- we start to chase the dunya so much that we compromise our hereafter for it and don’t mind sinning to achieve it. Yet the dunya is temporary. What’s 60-78 years compared to eternity? Is it really worth it? Allah says in the Quran is Surah al- Ala "ﭑBut you prefer the worldly life,While the Hereafter is better and more enduring. [1verse 6-17]

•One of the ways of earning Allah’s love is not chasing the dunya. It’s important to know that when you make the dunya your focus and disregard the hereafter then it is not possible to get the hereafter. However, if your focus is the hereafter the is possible to get the duniya as well.
•Talks about Zuhd and ways we can care less about the duniya- remembering the hereafter, leaving idle talk, leaving excessive food and drinks
•Read about the biographies of the prophet, sahabas and righteous predecessors for example the 5th Khalifa). These were people who devoted all the time for the akhira and gave whatever was left to the duniya. However now people work all their life for the duniya what whatever is left they give for the akhira, sometimes people give nothing.
•One way of implementing is setting realistic goals that when we get an oppurtunilty to do something beneficial or get knowledge (related to the akhira) which conflicts with something related to the duniya we should give priority to the akhira over the duniya unless when in dire need of money
•Let us not be from those who are blind and deaf to reminders.
•Can’t write more because there were a lot of things discussed but I hope what I was able to write down is beneficial.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
^^^Wow... jazakumLlahu khayran. U really did justice to the video.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
Coccoh:
^^^Wow... jazakumLlahu khayran. U really did justice to the video.

wa iyyak. The summary is little compared to the full video.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:50am On Jan 13, 2018
It was narrated that Abu Bakrah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The supplication of the one who is in distress: O Allaah, for Your mercy I hope, so do not abandon me to myself even for the blink of an eye. Set all my affairs straight, there is no god but You.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood (5090); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:56am On Jan 13, 2018
Al-Tirmidhi narrated from al-Zubayr ibn al-‘Awaam that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“There has come to you the disease of the nations before you, jealousy and hatred. This is the ‘shaver’ (destroyer); I do not say that it shaves hair, but that it shaves (destroys) faith. By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you of that which will strengthen love between you? Spread (the greeting of) salaam amongst yourselves.” (A hasan hadeeth. Jaami’ al-Tirmidhi, 2434).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
Ibn Maajah (215) and Ahmad (11870) narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Verily Allah has His own people among mankind.” They said: O Messenger of Allah, who are they? He said: “They are the people of the Qur’an, Allah’s own people and those who are closest to Him.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

https://islamqa.info/en/145782

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:46pm On Feb 15, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Women "Dabbing" In Mecca Blasted. See Photo / Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.