Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56226 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
Mofpearl:

Seen and responded.
ok thanks
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Salam alaykum sister Marhyaam

Sent you too an email yesterday kiss
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Marhyaam(f): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Walaekum salam waramotullahi wabarakatuh....seen and replied

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
email replied.
Cc mofpearl
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marhyaam:
Walaekum salam waramotullahi wabarakatuh....seen and replied

Assalamualeikum sister marhyaam how are you doing and your sister inlaw too. hope she's getting beta?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Marhyaam(f): 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Alennsar:

Assalamualeikum sister marhyaam how are you doing and your sister inlaw too. hope she's getting beta?
Torh alhamdulillahi. ...she is getting better but please do remember us in your prayers....Tnx for checking

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marhyaam:

Torh alhamdulillahi. ...she is getting better but please do remember us in your prayers....Tnx for checking

insha Allah sister may Allah cure her completely.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Marhyaam(f): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
Alennsar:

insha Allah sister may Allah cure her completely.
Ameen ya Allah
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
This is a repost of a previous post.

Know my beloved brothers and sisters that Allah has made upon you four things.

1) The first is knowledge which is knowledge of Allah, His messenger, books, and knowledge of the religion.
2) The second is action- for knowledge without action is proof established against the individual. Also know that the Shaytan tricks an individual into believing that he is excused due ignorance. This is false for the refusal to gain knowledge when one has the ability to do so is proof against him. So O you who believe! Fear Allah as He ought to be feared and do not be like people who stay away from admonishment and do not be headless.
3) The third is calling and propagating knowledge and the practice of Islam for the scholars and callers are the inheritors of the prophets.
4) The fourth is to persevere and have patience with misfortune that comes with learning, teaching, practicing and calling to Islam

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 12:00am On Jul 04, 2017
Malik ibn Dinar (may Allah have mercy on him) said : “You may meet a man who does not make any grammatical mistakes in speech, yet his deeds are all mistakes.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2017
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessing be on him), who said:
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded: and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, the Lord (glorified and exalted be He) will say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers with which may be completed that which was defective in his obligatory prayers. Then the rest of his actions will be judged in like fashion. It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah and Ahmad).

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
My respect for him sky rocketed. This is like the third time someone is asking and I was starting to get curious if there is basis for such treatment in Islam. I see sense in his responses.

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
It has been narrated from Ibn Mas`ud that he said, "Do not scatter the (recitation of) Qur'an out like the scattering of sand, and do not rush through it like the hasty recitation of poetry. Stop at its amazing parts and make your heart move with it. None of you should let his concern be to reach the end of the chapter.'' This has been recorded by Al-Baghawi.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
The Etiquette of Reciting the Qur’an : Ibn Katheer mentioned some of these etiquettes, and among them are the following :
* One should neither recite nor touch the Qur’an except in a state of purification.
* One should use Siwak to clean his teeth before recitation.
* One should wear his best clothes.
* One should face the direction of prayer (Qiblah).
* One should pause his recitation when yawning.
* One should not interrupt his recitation and speak, except if necessary.
* One should be attentive to what he is reciting.
* One should pause at a verse mentioning reward and ask Allah for that reward.
* One should pause at a verse mentioning punishment and seek refuge in Allah from that punishment.
* One should not leave the Qur’an opened, nor place anything on it.
* One should not raise his voice when reciting to the extent that he confuses other adjacent reciters.
* One should not recite in the market places or noisy place.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
Salam alaykum @friendng

There will be an islamic quiz tomorrow in sha Allah on muslimsaffairs

http://muslimsaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=422
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by FriendNG: 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
Mofpearl:
Salam alaykum @friendng

There will be an islamic quiz tomorrow in sha Allah on muslimsaffairs

http://muslimsaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=422

After you people have deleted my account. I try re creating it fails that the email already exist. I mail admin no response.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
FriendNG:

After you people have deleted my account. I try re creating it fails that the email already exist. I mail admin no response.

Really? When did that happen? I remember they were some issues and some data were lost and some account got deleted as a result. But I was meant to understand that it was possible to reopen it.

http://muslimsaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=371

Which admin did you email? If you want I will give you another admins' email address if you want to talk about it. Or you could just tell me your username if you are comfortable with doing that here.

We didn't delete any akant intentionally. Sorry about that.

*going to talk to admin*
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by FriendNG: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
Mofpearl:

Really? When did that happen? I remember they were some issues and some data were lost and some account got deleted as a result. But I was meant to understand that it was possible to reopen it.

http://muslimsaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=371

Which admin did you email? If you want I will give you another admins' email address if you want to talk about it. Or you could just tell me your username if you are comfortable with doing that here.

We didn't delete any akant intentionally. Sorry about that.

*going to talk to admin*

Samething The entered email address is already in use.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
FriendNG:

Samething The entered email address is already in use.

Email .......
Include the email for the account and username for the deleted account.

Don't quote the email please.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by FriendNG: 6:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
Mofpearl:

Include the email for the account and username for the deleted account.

Done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2017
FriendNG:

Done

You should have gotten a response by now
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by FriendNG: 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2017
Mofpearl:

Yeah. Thank You
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by FriendNG: 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
Mofpearl:

I have send u email not you personally Muslim Affairs.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
FriendNG:

I have send u email not you personally Muslim Affairs.

will check

Modified*

Responded.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 08, 2017

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
I have never seen Abu Mussab give a Khutba like this. Show the severity of the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPtygWyqhoY
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 3:35am On Jul 09, 2017

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
Jahilliya in Me?

“Once when Abu Dharr al-Ghifari, in a fit of anger, called Bilal, ‘You son of a black woman,’ the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) turned angrily to him and said, ‘You are a man who still has Jahilliya in him.’ Abu Dharr immediately put his head on the ground at Bilal’s feet in a gesture of humility and refused to lift his head until Bilal had stepped over it.” [Bukhari]

Jahilliya refers to the period of ignorance that preceded Islam. In this ignorance people buried their daughters alive; ten men with one woman was a type of marriage; people killed others for generations just to maintain the superiority of their tribe… In other words, bereft of Allah’s guidance, they lived disgusting lives, not acknowledging Allah’s rights over them nor knowing how to live decently with other people.

One of the hallmarks of this period was the condescension with which people viewed each other, each culture, ethnicity, tribe, and nation, held itself in higher esteem than others. One of the criteria of distinction was to be fair skinned as opposed to coloured or black.

This incident that took place between Abu Dharr Ghifari (radi Allahu anhu) and Bilal (radi Allahu anhu) cautions me to look inside and check myself for the remnants of Jahilliya. I should ask myself:

Do I consider myself superior to others because I look better or speak better?
Do I hold myself in higher esteem than others because I enjoy a certain wordly status?
Do I genuinely honour each person who is more fearful of Allah than myself, regardless of their appearance and possessions?
Is Allah’s opinion of me the only thing that matters to me?
Do I have the Jahilliya (ignorance) of nationalism or ethnicism or racism in me?
Can I behave like the great Sahabah, who when they sinned, immediately repented, cleansed themselves of their errors, and begged for forgiveness?

These are questions we should constantly ask ourselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
Dr. Bilal Philips Ramadan is not the end... it's the starting point for a beautiful journey towards Jannah. Remember all the hard work you put in performing as much ibadah as was possible? Yes... you are capable of doing that for the rest of your life too!
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
What is Bid'ah?
Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhāb al-Wassābī defined al-Bid’ah as:
❝Every belief, action, or statement newly invented after the death of the Prophet [ﷺ ] with the intention of worship and getting closer to Allāh, and it is not indicated by any proof from the Book [i.e. the Qur’ān], and not from the Sunnah and not from the actions of the Salaf [i.e. the Sahābah].❞
[Sharh al-Jadīd ‘Alā al-Qawl al-Mufīd Fī Adillah at-Tawhīd, (Page: 348-389) | Translated By Abū Ruqayyah 'Abd us-Samad]

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:
During the lifetime of the Prophet (ﷺ) some people said, : O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Yes; do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun at midday when it is bright and there is no cloud in the sky?" They replied, "No." He said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the moon on a full moon night when it is bright and there is no cloud in the sky?" They replied, "No." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "(Similarly) you will have no difficulty in seeing Allah on the Day of Resurrection as you have no difficulty in seeing either of them. On the Day of Resurrection, a call-maker will announce, "Let every nation follow that which they used to worship." Then none of those who used to worship anything other than Allah like idols and other deities but will fall in Hell (Fire), till there will remain none but those who used to worship Allah, both those who were obedient (i.e. good) and those who were disobedient (i.e. bad) and the remaining party of the people of the Scripture.

Then the Jews will be called upon and it will be said to them, 'Who do you use to worship?' They will say, 'We used to worship Ezra, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son. What do you want now?' They will say, 'O our Lord! We are thirsty, so give us something to drink.' They will be directed and addressed thus, 'Will you drink,' whereupon they will be gathered unto Hell (Fire) which will look like a mirage whose different sides will be destroying each other. Then they will fall into the Fire.

Afterwards the Christians will be called upon and it will be said to them, 'Who do you use to worship?' They will say, 'We used to worship Jesus, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son,' Then it will be said to them, 'What do you want?' They will say what the former people have said.

Then, when there remain (in the gathering) none but those who used to worship Allah (Alone, the real Lord of the Worlds) whether they were obedient or disobedient. Then (Allah) the Lord of the worlds will come to them in a shape nearest to the picture they had in their minds about Him. It will be said, 'What are you waiting for?' Every nation have followed what they used to worship.' They will reply, 'We left the people in the world when we were in great need of them and we did not take them as friends. Now we are waiting for our Lord Whom we used to worship.' Allah will say, 'I am your Lord.' They will say twice or thrice, 'We do not worship any besides Allah.' "

Reported in Sahih al-Bukhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.