Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (43493 Views)

Types Of People You Will Meet At The Experience 2017 In Lagos / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by IdiAmin2(m): 11:49am On Aug 10, 2016
oyetpel:

They refuse to hear the truth, nobody said you should pray, as this poster as listed, you prayer squads shoulf think about it yourselves. A country were churches are more than schools, yet crime and sin is the order of the day, citizens are not happy with each other. We pray for NEPA to bring light, imagine. Bad roads with high probability of accidents, low quality education, pastors stealing another church's member. All am saying is the standard of living in Nigeria is at an all time low.

help me tell dem ooo. awon oponu.the roads are so bad, there is a fVcking hole big enough to swallow a car in the middle of express roads, and when a car at high speed goes into the hole and people die, they will say it is witches drinking blood, and pray against car accident and bind the witches with the blood of jesus. hahaha. fvcking jokers. religion is really a mental illness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by owoshuyi(m): 11:53am On Aug 10, 2016
Peacefullove:
Total waste of time ... Both of them didn't see this in their Bibles ?

" But realize this, that in the last days Difficult times will come "
Yes...but u don forget d same bible says PRAY WITHOUT CEASING even in d last days
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by jesuspikinjp(m): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
gemale:

Hw many idle hands hv these 'brilliant, genius' minds employed? Hw many of D numerous problems bedeviling our nation hv dey solved? Hw much r dey contributn 2 D national GDP? D honest answer is zilch, zero, nada. 4 Christ's sake, dey dnt even pay ordinary tax. IMO aliko dangote is a more useful, lyf-touching, positively influencing person dan a lot of MOG s in 9ja.

dont even compare Dangote with these men, dangote is way ahead of them when it comes to national development
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by Peacefullove: 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
owoshuyi:

Yes...but u don forget d same bible says PRAY WITHOUT CEASING even in d last days

I must commend the way you voice your opinion , I agree though, but am thinking that's personal or individual thing... Matthew 24 lists some things that will be happening during the last days, so also the above verse . this are Global happenings that no prayer can go against because this prophecies mustn't go unfulfilled!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by peacesamuel94(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
plaetton:
Lol.

Prayers !
Yes, why not more prayers ?

In a land where charlatans like these two are celebrated as national heros, what other solutions do we have to deal with common existential issues than prayers from the same charlatans ? undecided

Nigeria is a fantastic place.

Every type of fraudster has his/her own niche market, his/ her own peculiar racket . Whether you're a Yahoo boy/ girl, a senator, a political jobber, a small church fraudster or a megachurch daddy GO, each one has a specialized racket and a specialized customer/ Maga base.
Religion is never the problem of Nigeria, instead of tagging religion as the problem, concentrate more on vices which religion has tried curbing since time immemorial I don't see anything wrong with a Nation praying for their advancement. the prayer does not stop them from using their brains and hands to achieve their set goals, because even the bible said God will bless the works of our Hands. Religion is not Our problem ignorance is.
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by GoodMuyis(m): 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
plaetton:

Acidosis,
I remember a very memorable quote of yours.
The one in which you wrote
" Common sense is your enemy " ( when it comes to religion) .

With that quote in mind, I see clearly where you're coming from.
grin grin

Now, back to the issue.

In every nation, there are always a small minority of people who exist and live on the fringes of lunacy. These are not policy makers nor people who influence the direction of national policies.

Joel Olstein, T.J Jakes, Benny Hinn, Crefto Dollar, etc, are the similar set of charlatans that feed fat on the people on these fringes.

Now, here is the problem.

In Nigeria, the far majority of the population are beholden to magical thinking, and are permanently stationed on the fringes of lunacy.

For charlatans like Kumuyi and Oyedepo, these are inexhaustible resources to mine and exploit for huge profits.

In the countries that you mentioned above, men and women whose worldviews are anchored on magical thinking are not allowed to filter through their systems and occupy positions where they make decisions that affect the entire populations.

Aside from being daylight money fraudsters, these two men spread a horrible mental disease that takes many many generations to cure.

You are wrong, Friend, I can boast with full confidence that in all your life you have not help-up or influence-up persons up to five.
am not on religion ground now, but on morality, these people you call charlatan have spent their time teaching the civil society to be law abiding and be of good character.
These stood up weekly to instruct people to live peacefully with there Neigbhor, despite diversities. Throughout last weekend The Kumuyi you accused visited all the SW state just to teach people how to live good live amidst diversities, WHO HAVE YOU EPP?

Give me one country that was not influence by religion, and yet will give you 10 that religion developed.
The education you have today, you owe it to religion. The USA you referring to not to have religious teacher you jave influence in people's decision, you so wrong about it, Take from of USA, their constitution, their founding father its root in religion.

Martin Luther King Jnr, was a baptist priest, yet through religion belief reshape the future of america.

WHO YOU EPP

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by Angelb4: 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
I respect one morethan one. Don't ask me to explain
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by ezeuba(m): 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2016
plaetton:
Lol.

Prayers !

In a land where charlatans like these two are celebrated as national heros, what other solutions do we have to deal with common existential issues than prayers from the same charlatans ? undecided

Every type of fraudster has his/her own niche market, his/ her own peculiar racket . Whether you're a Yahoo boy/ girl, a senator, a political jobber, a small church fraudster or a megachurch daddy GO, each one has a specialized racket and a specialized customer/ Maga base.

Well said bro...

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by plaetton: 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ishilove:

The USA for a start.

Kindly list the founding fathers of USA who were devoted Christians.
If the founding fathers of USA were such devoted Christians, they wouldn't have been smart enough to separate the Church from the State.

If all of the USA , at her founding, had as many churches as Ikeja, the USA would have been much a basket case nation today as Nigeria is.

Nigeria is the way it is today because of the way the we THINK.
Religious beliefs and doctrines influences ,and in many cases , determines the way people THINK.
Therefore, religious beliefs determine how people determine their place in reality , and how they confront reality.

The Western nations have VERY GOOD REASONS for keeping religious bullshytes from their public academic curriculums.
Gees!
What REASONS could those be ?

Ishilove:

The USA for a start.

.. please respect other people's religious choices.

Lol. grin
What would religion be if it respected other people's religious/non-religious choices ? shocked

What would your religion have become if it had respected other people's religious/ non-religious choices ?

You get my drift Ishilove ? wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
plaetton:

Acidosis,
I remember a very memorable quote of yours.
The one in which you wrote
" Common sense is your enemy " ( when it comes to religion) .

With that quote in mind, I see clearly where you're coming from.
grin grin

Now, back to the issue.

In every nation, there are always a small minority of people who exist and live on the fringes of lunacy. These are not policy makers nor people who influence the direction of national policies.

Joel Olstein, T.J Jakes, Benny Hinn, Crefto Dollar, etc, are the similar set of charlatans that feed fat on the people on these fringes.

Now, here is the problem.

In Nigeria, the far majority of the population are beholden to magical thinking, and are permanently stationed on the fringes of lunacy.

For charlatans like Kumuyi and Oyedepo, these are inexhaustible resources to mine and exploit for huge profits.

In the countries that you mentioned above, men and women whose worldviews are anchored on magical thinking are not allowed to filter through their systems and occupy positions where they make decisions that affect the entire populations.

Aside from being daylight money fraudsters, these two men spread a horrible mental disease that takes many many generations to cure.
U dey talk crapp

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by Kennedyiheme: 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2016
veetion:
U dey talk crapp
Is that all you can say? After reading all his constructive criticism, you are not smart bro.... I guess religion caused this

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by larrybee2017(f): 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
plaetton:
Lol.

Prayers !

Yes just like your brain is a fantastic brain, so big yet has nothing good to offer as a solution. If you are one who think you have a solution to the present economic situation better than these people why not offer the solution you this toddler I wonder who gave you phone to browse?
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
Kennedyiheme:
Is that all you can say? After reading all his constructive criticism, you are not smart bro.... I guess religion caused this
Lost fellows seeking recognition. constructive ko, construction ni.
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by plaetton: 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2016
larrybee2017:

Yes just like your brain is a fantastic brain, so big yet has nothing good to offer as a solution. If you are one who think you have a solution to the present economic situation better than these people why not offer the solution you this toddler I wonder who gave you phone to browse?

Yes.
The solutions to the present economic conditions lies in the understanding, and are clearly enumerated on this well known treatise written more than 100yrs ago.

You see my dear little one, we don't have to reinvent the wheel.

So, start reading this ;

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by plaetton: 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2016
^^^

Instead of this;

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by plaetton: 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2016
^^^

I guarantee that you'll start seeing real changes in the economic reality of Nigeria.

undecided
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by Kennedyiheme: 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2016
veetion:
Lost fellows seeking recognition. constructive ko, construction ni.
again you are dumb, how are we lost.... are we lost because we said religion makes nigerians lazy and don't make people use their brains like you are not doing now... or the fact that nigeria is the worst place to live in this life and the most religious.... Americans work before they pray, they archive and then say god bless america... continue praying useless prayers. .. ewu
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ishilove:

The USA for a start.

He's right, please respect other people's religious choices.

Americans love to call their founding fathers devour Christians

How do you reconcile slave holding with devout Christianity. Then you have Thomas Jefferson and Sally Jennings (his slave who bore him several kids)

Just sayin'
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by brainiac007: 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
chimah3:
And they flew into Abuja in their private jets angry

So, what's the big deal about this private jet matter. It's just a means of transportation Jor
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by brainiac007: 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
chimah3:
And they flew into Abuja in their private jets angry

So, what's the big deal about this private jet matter. It's just a means of transportation Jor

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by brainiac007: 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
PublicAssurance:
Cult leaders parading themselves as prophets. I call them cult leaders because the have a cult followership. These are people that ostracize their fellow members for "disobedience". No difference between them and Warren Jeffs. #Hypocrites

Definition of a Cult : a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous.

Does this fit your description? Christianity has one of the largest followership in the world with high moral standards that this generation that believes in self aggrandizement find it difficult to accept.
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by brainiac007: 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
Gerrard59:
What about the previous prayers, where are the results? Don't get me wrong, I'm no atheist; however, I believe HARD WORK and DETERMINATION are the key ingredients for our nation to move forward. Late Lee Kuan Yew never had monthly crusades or vigils, yet he and his team transformed Singapore from third world to first world in a generation. Mind you, she had her independence in 1965, so no one should come and talk about age.

Even the bible said faith without work is dead.

The 'previous prayers' are the reason we're not worse off like place such as Syria is. Prayers have their place so please don't downgrade it. Everyone should fight from the position that they feel most capable. Be it on their knees or through determination as you pointed out . By the way, prayer is hard work.
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by brainiac007: 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2016
pippimp:

You are wrong. They pray privately in their homes in matters concerning personal issues and not when it involves solutions to a country where the number one occupation is corruption. The irony here is, Nigerians brutalize their children from birth to force them to have "respect" but don't understand what that word means. Worse is, they brainwash them in religious houses to be slaves to swindlers. Why the phuck are people praying when the solution is obvious? There would be no need for prayers if Nigerians accepted responsibility for their actions. Every Nigerian needs to admit that he/she is a contributing factor in the debacle called Nigeria. When you burn suspects in the streets or you are an on looker, when you give policemen bribe, when you take bribe, when you litter and dump refuse indiscriminately etc, you are directly contributing to Nigeria being a failed state. Lazy people pray. People who take responsibility get to work to fix what is broken.

2 Chronicles 7:14 says :

However, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear ⌊their prayer⌋ from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country.
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 7:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
brainiac007:

The 'previous prayers' are the reason [/b]we're not worse off like place such as Syria is[b]. Prayers have their place so please don't downgrade it. Everyone should fight from the position that they feel most capable. Be it on their knees or through determination as you pointed out . By the way, prayer is hard work.
Politics made Syria what it is, no different from Borno or parts of The Niger Delta.

I'm not downgrading prayers (I believe in it coupled with hard work) rather it's my country people that exaggerate it. Nigeria cannot develop through prayers, especially cacophonic types; God is not a deaf man.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by pippimp(m): 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
brainiac007:

2 Chronicles 7:14 says :

However, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear ⌊their prayer⌋ from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country.

Only lazy people pray.
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by PublicAssurance: 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2016
Deeper Life People are a Small Religious cult. Kumuyi is the leader of this cult.
brainiac007:

Definition of a Cult : a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous.

Does this fit your description? Christianity has one of the largest followership in the world with high moral standards that this generation that believes in self aggrandizement find it difficult to accept.
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by Harvard13(m): 9:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
Peacefullove:
Total waste of time ... Both of them didn't see this in their Bibles ?

" But realize this, that in the last days Difficult times will come "

the bible also said pray without ceasing

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by ferdison(m): 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
Acidosis:

All nations pray so keep your mouth shut. Name one reasonable developed nation without a popular Pastor, you inferiority complexed never to do well black unthinking Africans who always associate their unethical backwardness with other peoples' religion.

Just shut up already. Why is Joel Osteen not receiving the blame for America's backwardness?

Why haven't you killed TD Jakes for the backwardness of USA?

Why don't you blame Yongi Cho for the corruption in South Korea you black 'brained' corrupt Africans?

My religion shouldn't be blamed for your redundancy.

White Christian Missionaries gave you schools, they gave you hospitals and all you need, yet you won't stop killing yourselves over nothing. They should have left you all in the dark where you all truly belong to kill twins and albinos for dinner and lunch; kill innocent people for a dead king in tbe name of abobaku while you terrorize your women and widows with oro cultists and never to do well widowhood terrorists in the east; you black, wicked, soul-less and lazy corrupt monkeys.
Without this same religion, where would you all be today?? Answer me?
All nations PRAY, repeat after me sir, ALL NATIONS PRAY!
may God settle down n Bless U...
U really gave that jobless fool a good answer....

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by DemonInSiege: 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2016
ZubbyGodson:
Senseless Animal. If They Don't Pray,U'll Be The One To Come Out Here Complaining
complain wetin?
Who prayer don't help? You must be daft
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by donnie(m): 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2016
oyetpel:
Nigeria: A country where its men of God can ordain a president or a governor as a pastor or deacon at their first coming to there church.
Mention where and when that happened. liar!

Rather its the other way round. It is God who sends ordained ministers to shine the light as politicians. Eg. Engr. Deacon Dave Umahi, Governor of Ebonyi state and Barr. Deacon Kingsley Otuaro, Deputy Governor of Delta state. These two are from Christ Embassy and have been following Pastor Chris for decades. They have also been exemplary as politicians.
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by ayobase(m): 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
Acidosis:

All nations pray so keep your mouth shut. Name one reasonable developed nation without a popular Pastor, you inferiority complexed never to do well black unthinking Africans who always associate their unethical backwardness with other peoples' religion.

Just shut up already. Why is Joel Osteen not receiving the blame for America's backwardness?

Why haven't you killed TD Jakes for the backwardness of USA?

Why don't you blame Yongi Cho for the corruption in South Korea you black 'brained' corrupt Africans?

My religion shouldn't be blamed for your redundancy.

White Christian Missionaries gave you schools, they gave you hospitals and all you need, yet you won't stop killing yourselves over nothing. They should have left you all in the dark where you all truly belong to kill twins and albinos for dinner and lunch; kill innocent people for a dead king in tbe name of abobaku while you terrorize your women and widows with oro cultists and never to do well widowhood terrorists in the east; you black, wicked, soul-less and lazy corrupt monkeys.

Without this same religion, where would you all be today?? Answer me?

All nations PRAY, repeat after me sir, ALL NATIONS PRAY!

WOW and EPIC!
I was WOWED!

Thanks for that.
Re: Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria by Peacefullove: 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
Harvard13:

the bible also said pray without ceasing

This is why some people claim religion is a disease, prophecy and Prayer are two different things . can their prayers make that prophesy a LIE ? if no, then its a waste of time since difficult times will still continue to abound until Daniel 2:44 is fulfilled !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Samuel Oyadara's 2018 Prophecy About Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Ambode / Prophet S.K. Abiara’s 8 Children In Photos / "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.