Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' (5040 Views)

Jehovah Withnesses Accused Of Systematically Covering Up Sex Crimes / T.B. Joshua Welcomed By Ecuador Military Generals (Photo) / Fables In The Bible: How Did Joshua Make The Sun Stand Still. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
So. . . Irritated by people here, trying to justify the 'sun stand still' story, let me give you a little science lesson grin .
Let's go.
1. The sun stopped moving
As we now know, the sun is the centre and not the other way round, it's stationary(not exactly, because our whole solar system is moving, but relative to the earth it is), and the earth and other planets revolve around it. So the idea of the sun stopping its motion is ridiculous. But wait! cryundecided The story has to be true right?? Because its in the bible! Its the BIBLE we're talking about here! So lets throw the words the other way round! The earth stopped moving!
2. The earth stopped moving
Say what? Now let me tell you the implications of that. . . buckle your seatbelts. Really. Buckle them.

There are two things to keep in mind:
1. An object in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force.
2. Everything that is on the surface of the Earth is also spinning with the Earth, which is why we experience day and night.

NB: If you don't completely understand that, let me make the analogy of you sitting in a moving bus. If the driver's driving at a speed of 100km/h (I hope he isn't), you're also moving with the bus at that rate. Have you ever tried coming down from a moving car? Moving at 100km/h?? Please don't. Or maybe you should, if you're a Christian. So when you're in the hospital, you'll be convinced that this story was fabricated by a lunatic.

Ok, back to the explanation. Now that you have those two points in mind, did you know the earth rotates at a speed of approximately 1670km/h?? Wow. Imagine if it stopped. Yikes. We'd all be flying off the earth at a tangent to whatever direction we were facing.

It gets even more interesting. grin

Among the things that would still be moving (per Newton's first law of motion) is the atmosphere. If you managed to survive flying at 1600+ km/h, you'd still experience a hurricane worse than the world has ever known. Haha. Remember, the water in the oceans would join in on the fun. For context, a category five hurricane has winds of over 249km/h. Then we have the magma inside the earth. It'd create volcanoes at every single opening possible. Not to talk of it destroying the Van Allen Radiation Belt, which would make anyone who survived grin die from cosmic radiation.

So. . . the earth stopped moving? Please don't say that. Please. cry

3. But . . . but. . . what if it slowed down?

The speed of the earth is gotten by using this formula: v = 2πr/t
For the earth to slow down, such that a day will take 48 hours, lets calculate the speed the earth would be moving for a day to last 48 hours.

(NB: radius of the earth is 6371km)
v = (2 x 3.142 x 6371)/48
v = 834 km/h!!

WOW. NO F*CKING DIFFERENCE grin
Basically, you're trying to slow the speed down to about 1/2 of the earth's normal speed.
Have you ever tried jumping from a car moving at 100km/h to a car moving at 50km/h?
Paul Blart the Mall Cop did. lol. He ended up in a hospital grin
Well, you get the point.
So no. Just no.

NB: Did you know, that the earth is actually slowing down? It takes a century = 100 years for the earth's time to slow down by 1.7 seconds. Thats why we don't feel it. So you can imagine what would happen if we tried to slow it down to make a day last longer by 24 whole hours. IN AN INSTANT. BRUH.

Please stop saying your bible confirms science. Please cry cry I dey beg
CC johnydon22 hahn winner01 malvisguy212 Scholar8200 K9blunt cloudgoddess KingEbukaNaija KingEbukasblog SirWere ValentineMary HardMirror Joshuasbase lepasharon otemanuduno otemdomino otem4eartum HCpaul valentinemary CAPSLOCKED donffd OtemWonyahweh hopefullandlord frank317 OgundeleT Seun lalasticlala et al

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Ranchhoddas: 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
Felixomor...Oya come and show your power on this thread. God don catch you today.
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
cheesy let the e- religious war begin.. *drums rolling**

1 Like

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
I never actually gave much thought to Daniel's "sun standing still" story. All I knew was If the earth actually stopped rotating abruptly it would've been problematic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
Let me just book space . I'm somewhere else .
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by twosquare(m): 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
It's just an apostrophic expression.... You know the way the sun appears to "move" from East to West... (Literature students understand better).
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
twosquare:
It's just an apostrophic expression.... You know the way the sun appears to "move" from East to West... (Literature students understand better).
Did you read the post undecided

1 Like

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Did you read the post undecided

Ok . I'm here . So bro I'm yet to see the argument .
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by felixomor: 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Felixomor...Oya come and show your power on this thread. God don catch you today.

Hehhehehehe lol,

Look at the person I just finished lecturing here :

Is Atheism Really This Foolish? - Religion (2) - Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/3276901/atheism-really-foolish/2#48339676

Going to another thread to make mouth,

Mschewww grin
I dont have ur time now
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ok . I'm here . So bro I'm yet to see the argument .
How did Joshua make the sun stand still by the power of yahweh? You said the earth stopped rotating. I just showed here how that's impossible.
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

How did Joshua make the sun stand still by the power of yahweh? You said the earth stopped rotating. I just showed here how that's impossible.

So your argument is that an all powerful , all knowing God can't circumvent this "impossibility" to achieve His aim

Genesis 18:14
14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord?

Jeremiah 32:17
17 Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

Isn't the point of God being all powerful and all knowing surmounting difficult problems for His Glory ? Please I expected better bro .

Luke 18:27
27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by CoolUsername: 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2016
This just proves that this was a story coined by Jewish peasants who lived millenia ago.

1 Like

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So your argument is that an all powerful , all knowing God can't circumvent this "impossibility" to achieve His aim

Genesis 18:14
14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord?

Jeremiah 32:17
17 Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

Isn't the point of God being all powerful and all knowing surmounting difficult problems for His Glory ? Please I expected better bro .

Luke 18:27
27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.
First off, a perfect being will not need to alter the natural process of a perfect creation to achieve his aims.
All I see is desperation in attempting to justify a fake story. Just like the one about Noah's ark.
First, they said 'The sun stood still!'. . . Next, they said 'The earth stopped rotating!' . . . Now that there's no reasonable explanation, you come up with 'nothing is impossible for god'.
When will you guys start to view things objectively? You've sunken so deep into this indoctrination that you believe in things that defy all logic. Be honest with yourself, if this was a story from another religion, you'd have no trouble dismissing it as hogwash.
Wake up man, and question things. Jesus was a nice guy, apart from all his stunts grin but whether you like it or not, that bible you cling to was created by the higher ups to keep the masses in check, based on their limited knowledge at the time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Ranchhoddas: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
felixomor:

Hehhehehehe lol,

Look at the person I just finished lecturing here :

Is Atheism Really This Foolish? - Religion (2) - Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/3276901/atheism-really-foolish/2#48339676

Going to another thread to make mouth,

Mschewww grin
I dont have ur time now
Na so you wan take run? Please respond to the thread. Thank you.
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by felixomor: 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Na so you wan take run? Please respond to the thread. Thank you.

Chai, I refuse to run away from somebody who doesnt have knowledge of basic geography even after secondary education. grin
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

First off, a perfect being will not need to alter the natural process of a perfect creation to achieve his aims.
All I see is desperation in attempting to justify a fake story. Just like the one about Noah's ark.
First, they said 'The sun stood still!'. . . Next, they said 'The earth stopped rotating!' . . . Now that there's no reasonable explanation, you come up with 'nothing is impossible for god'.
When will you guys start to view things objectively? You've sunken so deep into this indoctrination that you believe in things that defy all logic. Be honest with yourself, if this was a story from another religion, you'd have no trouble dismissing it as hogwash.
Wake up man, and question things. Jesus was a nice guy, apart from all his stunts grin but whether you like it or not, that bible you cling to was created by the higher ups to keep the masses in check, based on their limited knowledge at the time.

I really have no time for specious arguments .

If God's existence and power can be easily figured out by man what then makes him God ? Do you also have a proof that creatio ex nihilo is impossible ? Of course you do , because the physical realm to begin existence from non existence is practical impossible and it needs the supernatural to make it so .

And please which is to keep masses in check And who are these "higher ups" What are their names Please stop regurgitating garbage you see on atheist sites undecided . Masses in check , masses in check , while the Christians are far more affluent , smarter and more accomplished than you atheists ab initio .

North Korea's president an atheist is the one who keeps masses in check by brainwashing them with lies . The Chinese atheist leader is the one who keeps his masses in check by controlling their communication with the outside world and even among themselves . Apparently , you don't even understand your own words . Atheists are the ones obsessed with keeping their masses in check .

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Ranchhoddas: 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
felixomor:

Chai, I refuse to run away from somebody who doesnt have knowledge of basic geography even after secondary education. grin
Strawman argument. Your statement will only be valid if you respond to this OP.
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by felixomor: 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Strawman argument. Your statement will only be valid if you respond to this OP.

Its only an angry child who was angry at his teacher that called me here, Lol.

When the OP writes something worthy of my response, I will show up or if he mentions me, Clear? cool
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I really have no time for specious arguments .

If God's existence and power can be easily figured out by man what then makes him God ? Do you also have a proof that creatio ex nihilo is impossible ? Of course you do , because the physical realm to begin existence from non existence is practical impossible and it needs the supernatural to make it so .

And please which is to keep masses in check And who are these "higher ups" What are their names Please stop regurgitating garbage you see on atheist sites undecided . Masses in check , masses in check , while the Christians are far more affluent , smarter and more accomplished than you atheists ab initio .

North Korea's president an atheist is to one who keeps masses in check by brainwashing them with lies . The Chinese atheist leader is the one who keeps his masses in check by controlling their communication with the outside world and even among themselves . Apparently , you don't even understand your own words . Atheists are the ones obsessed with keeping their masses in check .
North Korea's president is an autotheist, not an atheist. The Chinese have a long standing history of suppression of rights, even long before their communist regime. You Christians are unaware that the bible was modified time after time after the establishment of the Roman Catholic church to marry church and state together. I think you should be asking why they refuse to release the contents of the last historical piece of the 'bible' which wasn't destroyed by the 'higher ups' - the dead sea scrolls. Most of the letters of Paul are forgeries by scholars and priests from different eras, believe it or not. I do not visit atheist sites. I hardly do because a lot of atheists on there became atheists out of emotional decisions, and blindly follow 'authorities' just like you religious people do.
Again, as I said, your god supposedly created the universe, and its perfect. Why then does he feel the need to interfere with the order of things if its already perfect. You don't alter perfection.
Anyway, not to deviate from the argument at hand, the story of the sun standing still is physically impossible.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Ranchhoddas: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
felixomor:

Its only an angry child who was angry at his teacher that called me here, Lol.

When the OP writes something worthy of my response, I will show up or if he mentions me, Clear? cool
Coward. How many threads do get mentioned on before commenting?
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by winner01(m): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nawa oo. How many times do we want to answer the same questions over and over. This issue has been overflogged na. Do we have to keep writing paragraphs upon paragraphs on the same issues. undecided

Joshua made a simple request to God. Joshua may not have had the slightest idea about the cosmos and probably thought the sun moves (as seen from an earthbound perspective).
God who created the universe and who is capable of compensating for any complications thereafter understood perfectly this request and granted it.

A God who created a universe as magnificient as this, who created man who knows next to nothing about the universe, is completely capable of anything. And I mean anything.

My existence violates every natural law. When I look in the mirror, that's all the proof I need to know there's a God.

So if no known scientific law can prove my existence, how on earth can I dismiss the alteration of the motion of the earth, if the Creator of the earth Himself decides to violate of the laws of nature once again.

Nature that He created in the first place undecided

But seriously, dont you guys have any new arguments undecided,
Next we will be seeing threads on why religion is evil without projecting why atheism is beneficial undecided

Just take a chill pill, atheism lacks substance, and is baseless without religion, science etc. hence the reason for its low retention rate.

Y'all dont have to parrot arguments heard from other atheists year after year. Be the freethinker you claim to be for once in your lives.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by felixomor: 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Coward. How many threads do get mentioned on before commenting?

Hahaha, like this one we r on. grin

Just that this one was a childish call. grin
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

North Korea's president is an autotheist, not an atheist.

Please don't start the ignorant talk . North Korea is officially an atheist state . It has zero tolerance for religion and even persecutes the Christians who reside there . How can a president of an officially atheist state who is clearly anti-religious be a theist ?

Well logic according to AnonyNymous - I'm not surprised .

The Chinese have a long standing history of suppression of rights, even long before their communist regime.

How is this my business . The point remains that its atheist leaders maintained this and even makes it more difficult to be an aberrant .

You Christians are unaware that the bible was modified time after time after the establishment of the Roman Catholic church to marry church and state together.

Provide bible verses as proof . Show us the modification . Before the modification and after modification . Enough of these daft claims . Bring proof or shut up

I think you should be asking why they refuse to release the contents of the last historical piece of the 'bible' which wasn't destroyed by the 'higher ups' - the dead sea scrolls.

How does this stop God from existing What does this have to do with anything Why are you jumping from one topic to another ? Why are you being desperate grin

Most of the letters of Paul are forgeries by scholars and priests from different eras, believe it or not. I do not visit atheist sites. I hardly do because a lot of atheists on there became atheists out of emotional decisions, and blindly follow 'authorities' just like you religious people do.

Mister man if you don't follow rules and laws of a country set by its authorities you end up in jail grin

Again, as I said, your god supposedly created the universe, and its perfect.Why then does he feel the need to interfere with the order of things if its already perfect. You don't alter perfection.

What kind of dumb logic is this ? God simply intervened when Joshua made his request . Plus God's work being perfect according to Deuteronomy 32 : 4-6 means that of redemption and salvation, in which there is a display of all the divine perfection, complete in all its parts. All God's dealings with his creatures are regulated by wisdom which cannot err, and perfect justice.

Anyway, not to deviate from the argument at hand, the story of the sun standing still is physically impossible.

Your perspective is wrong . I'm working on a better explanation to the story . And you are the one that started deviating not me .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by malvisguy212: 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

The bible make it clear, everything that happen is a supernatural circumstance, of course, you atheist do not believe in the supernatural power. God who create this universe out of nothing , can do MUCH more than this. Of course, the Bible was not written as a work of science nor was its purpose to describe the workings of the physical world. It was written to explain spiritual principles ,the nature of mankind, the nature of God, and how people can have a personal relationship with God.

The Bible says that Joshua prayed to God and God performed a miracles. The text makes it clear that Sun "stopped in the middle of the sky".We still use phrases like the "Sun rose", "Sun set". There is no English (or Hebrew)
phrase indicating that the earth rotates until the horizon covers the Sun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
This is going to be fun . . .
KingEbukasBlog:

Please don't start the ignorant talk . North Korea is officially an atheist state . It has zero tolerance for religion and even persecutes the Christians who reside there . How can a president of an officially atheist state who is clearly anti-religious be a theist ?

First, look up the meaning of ignorance. You just displayed it. grin An autotheist is not a theist. An autotheist a person that believes they themselves are god. When an atheist is trying to play the role of a god, we refer to them as an autotheist.

How is this my business . The point remains that its atheist leaders maintained this and even makes it more difficult to be an aberrant.

How is it your business? Well, you were the one trying to make it seem like it was their religious leanings that made them act the way they do. Its more of a cultural thing bro.

Provide bible verses as proof . Show us the modification . Before the modification and after modification . Enough of these daft claims . Bring proof or shut up
If I had to travel the seven seas to make King Ebuka listen, I don't know if it'd be worth the stress. However, Professor Bart D. Ehrman has done that for me, and in his thirty years of research he compiled the book 'Lost Christianities' with detailed analysis. If you're genuinely interested you can read the book, but I doubt that, you probably just expected me not to have an answer. . . I don't make baseless claims, bro cool

How does this stop God from existing What does this have to do with anything Why are you jumping from one topic to another ? Why are you being desperate grin
If I recall 30 minutes ago, the argument was not on your god's existence (story for another day) but on whether the higher ups were involved with the tampering and restructuring of your bible. Nice Strawman grin

Mister man if you don't follow rules and laws of a country set by its authorities you end up in jail grin
Oh no, that's not the kind of authority I meant, I was talking about religious authority wink

What kind of dumb logic is this ? God simply intervened when Joshua made his request . Plus God's work being perfect according to Deuteronomy 32 : 4-6 means that of redemption and salvation, in which there is a display of all the divine perfection, complete in all its parts. All God's dealings with his creatures are regulated by wisdom which cannot err, and perfect justice.
Perfection does not need to be altered. We're not talking about perfect justice, we're talking about perfect creation. If you deliver a perfect good to a customer, he doesnt need to make any requests for its alteration.

Your perspective is wrong.
Typical 'I'm right, you're wrong' christian argument

I'm working on a better explanation to the story.
Keep trying to justify tales by moonlight. grin grin grin

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
winner01, please do not come and try to rape this thread with memes. We're having civil discussions here. Secondly, You can google search this whole write up and see if I copied it from anywhere, or whether its a product of my brain (that I'm using)
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
malvisguy212:
The bible make it clear, everything that happen is a supernatural circumstance, of course, you atheist do not believe in the supernatural power. God who create this universe out of nothing , can do MUCH more than this. Of course, the Bible was not written as a work of science nor was its purpose to describe the workings of the physical world. It was written to explain spiritual principles ,the nature of mankind, the nature of God, and how people can have a personal relationship with God.

The Bible says that Joshua prayed to God and God performed a miracles. The text makes it clear that Sun "stopped in the middle of the sky".We still use phrases like the "Sun rose", "Sun set". There is no English (or Hebrew)
phrase indicating that the earth rotates until the horizon covers the Sun.
And I just showed you that the story of the sun cannot be justified by the earth's rotation. You didnt read the op, you just jumped to leave comments
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by winner01(m): 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
Joshuabase:
I never actually gave much thought to [size=14pt]Daniel's[/size] "sun standing still" story. All I knew was If the earth actually stopped rotating abruptly it would've been problematic.
Who else saw this grin

Tomorrow he might tell you. I was a born again pastor, a powerful prayer warrior and Bible scholar. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by malvisguy212: 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

And I just showed you that the story of the sun cannot be justified by the earth's rotation. You didnt read the op, you just jumped to leave comments
you cannot heal a blind man via prayer because it is scientifically impossible. BUT, with God it is POSSIBLE. Did joshau pray to God ? Yes, and what next ? God answer his prayer. The sun stood in the middle of the sky, a supernatural happening.
Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by winner01(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:
winner01, please do not come and try to rape this thread with memes. We're having civil discussions here. Secondly, You can google search this whole write up and see if I copied it from anywhere, or whether its a product of my brain (that I'm using)
1. I remember having gone about few pages arguing this same Joshua 10:13 with some atheist dude right here. My point is, come up with other arguments, not stale ones

2. Look at your thread title. You wish to "dismantle" the religious beliefs of people, tell me again why I shouldnt dismantle your thread with memes. Taste of your medicine.
I'm not wrong remember. There's no such thing as wrong or right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:
This is going to be fun . . .

First, look up the meaning of ignorance. You just displayed it. grin An autotheist is not a theist. An autotheist a person that believes they themselves are god. When an atheist is trying to play the role of a god, we refer to them as an autotheist.

Actually autotheism falls under theism . But the fact still remains that North Korea's president is a megalomaniacal atheist who thinks He is god . His megalomania led to that state of confusion

If I had to travel the seven seas to make King Ebuka listen, I don't know if it'd be worth the stress. However, Professor Bart D. Ehrman has done that for me, and in his thirty years of research he compiled the book 'Lost Christianities' with detailed analysis. If you're genuinely interested you can read the book, but I doubt that, you probably just expected me not to have an answer. . . I don't make baseless claims, bro cool

I'm still waiting for you to provide proof while you are mentioning names of authors looking for gullible people to buy their books .

If I recall 30 minutes ago, the argument was not on your god's existence (story for another day) but on whether the higher ups were involved with the tampering and restructuring of your bible. Nice Strawman grin

What are their names ? Where are the verses that were restructured You still haven't provided proof .

Oh no, that's not the kind of authority I meant, I was talking about religious authority wink

I'm a Christian - a follower of Christ - not a follower of religious authority .

Perfection does not need to be altered. We're not talking about perfect justice, we're talking about perfect creation. If you deliver a perfect good to a customer, he doesnt need to make any requests for its alteration.

The bible told us that creation was good not perfect . Nice strawman

Typical 'I'm right, you're wrong' christian argument

Atheists are always wrong anyway cheesy

Keep trying to justify tales by moonlight. grin grin grin

God's name was glorified after it happened . Thanks for letting us know that you actually saw it as impossible from your perspective . My God can handle any problem wink

1 Like

Re: Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:
So. . . Irritated by people here, trying to justify the 'sun stand still' story, let me give you a little science lesson grin .
Let's go.
1. The sun stopped moving
As we now know, the sun is the centre and not the other way round, it's stationary(not exactly, because our whole solar system is moving, but relative to the earth it is), and the earth and other planets revolve around it. So the idea of the sun stopping its motion is ridiculous. But wait! cryundecided The story has to be true right?? Because its in the bible! Its the BIBLE we're talking about here! So lets throw the words the other way round! The earth stopped moving!
2. The earth stopped moving
Say what? Now let me tell you the implications of that. . . buckle your seatbelts. Really. Buckle them.

There are two things to keep in mind:
1. An object in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force.
2. Everything that is on the surface of the Earth is also spinning with the Earth, which is why we experience day and night.

NB: If you don't completely understand that, let me make the analogy of you sitting in a moving bus. If the driver's driving at a speed of 100km/h (I hope he isn't), you're also moving with the bus at that rate. Have you ever tried coming down from a moving car? Moving at 100km/h?? Please don't. Or maybe you should, if you're a Christian. So when you're in the hospital, you'll be convinced that this story was fabricated by a lunatic.

Ok, back to the explanation. Now that you have those two points in mind, did you know the earth rotates at a speed of approximately 1670km/h?? Wow. Imagine if it stopped. Yikes. We'd all be flying off the earth at a tangent to whatever direction we were facing.

It gets even more interesting. grin

Among the things that would still be moving (per Newton's first law of motion) is the atmosphere. If you managed to survive flying at 1600+ km/h, you'd still experience a hurricane worse than the world has ever known. Haha. Remember, the water in the oceans would join in on the fun. For context, a category five hurricane has winds of over 249km/h. Then we have the magma inside the earth. It'd create volcanoes at every single opening possible. Not to talk of it destroying the Van Allen Radiation Belt, which would make anyone who survived grin die from cosmic radiation.

So. . . the earth stopped moving? Please don't say that. Please. cry

3. But . . . but. . . what if it slowed down?

The speed of the earth is gotten by using this formula: v = 2πr/t
For the earth to slow down, such that a day will take 48 hours, lets calculate the speed the earth would be moving for a day to last 48 hours.

(NB: radius of the earth is 6371km)
v = (2 x 3.142 x 6371)/48
v = 834 km/h!!

WOW. NO F*CKING DIFFERENCE grin
Basically, you're trying to slow the speed down to about 1/2 of the earth's normal speed.
Have you ever tried jumping from a car moving at 100km/h to a car moving at 50km/h?
Paul Blart the Mall Cop did. lol. He ended up in a hospital grin
Well, you get the point.
So no. Just no.

NB: Did you know, that the earth is actually slowing down? It takes a century = 100 years for the earth's time to slow down by 1.7 seconds. Thats why we don't feel it. So you can imagine what would happen if we tried to slow it down to make a day last longer by 24 whole hours. IN AN INSTANT. BRUH.

Please stop saying your bible confirms science. Please cry cry I dey beg
CC johnydon22 hahn winner01 malvisguy212 Scholar8200 K9blunt cloudgoddess KingEbukaNaija KingEbukasblog SirWere ValentineMary HardMirror Joshuasbase lepasharon otemanuduno otemdomino otem4eartum HCpaul valentinemary CAPSLOCKED donffd OtemWonyahweh hopefullandlord frank317 OgundeleT Seun lalasticlala et al

Oga i studied Geography and planning and will tell you right here that you are just here to make fun as what you wrote up there is silly and laden with ignorance.

I already tackled this a short while ago on another thread so really do not have the energy to disturb myself over you. I wish you had tagged me when you opened this thread then you for receive koboko.

Suffice to say that You are geographically ignorant!

Have a great night!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Pastors Won’t Tell You About Tithes / A Message To A Female Nairalander (God Has Answered Your Cry) / Salvation (spirit, Soul, And Body)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.