Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,555 members, 7,861,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:41 PM

Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power (4056 Views)

IBB Calls For Jihad Against Boko Haram - Bbc Hausa / IBB Calls For Creation Of State Police To Fight Terrorism / IBB Calls For National Prayer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by spoOne: 11:06am On Sep 25, 2009
The Antichrist-

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by newjay(m): 11:25am On Sep 25, 2009
Anything but state police. That'll make state governor emperors with power over life and death. shocked
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by davids202(m): 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2009
1 of there political games behold election is around the corner but we no b mumu again dis is not '85 or '99 mayb '03
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Afam(m): 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2009
Good talk from IBB.

But my problem is that IBB who clearly made some wrong decisions in the past is talking about change now. What happened?

If IBB had genuinely accepted his mistakes, apologized for those mistakes, perhaps Nigerians would view him differently.

One thing we find very difficult to do in this part of the world is to accept our mistakes when we make them.

No one is perfect but to deny or ignore your wrong doings while carrying on as if you can just wish them away may be the greatest undoing as every single day more and more people will get to know about you and what you did and when an overwhelming majority believes that you are bad then it will take a miracle to change such perception.

All, the same the points his raised are good points.

Can anyone spell Aburi Accord here? Biafra fought a war that was waged against them by people who saw the former eastern region as the problem even by some ethnic minorities within the region then. Today we know better and many are making u-turns.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by BabaO2: 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2009
@otukpo
The fact remains that what he said is good. Decentralisation of power wld actually go a long way in helping us achieve true democracy in Nigeria. So take what he said and leave him that is bad.
what did he say ?he is saying the remnants of what true and intelligent people have said in the past, even while he was a dictator. This International Born Bastard aka IBB has definitely run out clues to his survival.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by blapo(m): 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2009
How i wish IBB was a ruler in one of the Asian countries, God knows where he would be now, am sure he won't have the chance of even contributing any idea in this country. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Theblessed(f): 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2009
[b]Yeah, good idea but when he was in power what did he do to push forward this idea  Hadn't he enough time, resources and power to implement and achieve it?? Our Heavenly father will judge those who have the power and resources to do good for mankind but fail to do so!!!  Yes, it is a good idea now, but he was a leader who led us to oblivion - Judgement awaits them all in HELL. 

In spite of his leadership, Decentralisation is a good thing for our difficult and divided Country. It would help to bring us a bit closer to one another.  It would heal old wounds caused by the idea of 'Majority carries the vote' system of Democracy that our people have difficulty grasping/understanding and following (i.e. at elections, people would cast their votes based on their conviction, principle, mandate, party manifestos etc and NOT on tribal and religious lines however, I am not sure it would eliminate rigging) grin grin grin grin grin.

You see, the West itself understands the difficulty this can create when they chose to run the European Community on a  ROTATIONAL BASIS of Presidency.  I believe running Nigeria on a similar fashion would work (where every tribe would have a crack at the nut (for no longer than 6, 18 or 24 months basis as Senate decides) instead of the 3 majority tribes always ruling.  So, what's wrong with such an idea In such situation, if they know they have only 6 months to deliver the goods and pass on the MANTLE to the next tribe, they'd hurry up in achieving their mandate/programme before handing over else, they would be in soup with Nigerians and in particular with their own respective tribes as the Presidency would take long to get back to them again.  Knowing our people, it's bound to create real competition on tribal lines and Nigerian would not only benefit but happy and at easy with itself, I hope!

Though, the European Style may seem alright its not without difficulty but, its working well.  Their difficulties are quite minor compared to the entrench WAHALA we have in Nigerian.  Despite the fact that we are so blessed, Nigeria has been on its knees for almost 50 years of Independence and has nothing to show for it - very shameful indeed!!!

I believe, adopting that style would definitely help us achieve real peace and progress that has eluded our country ever since.
[/b]
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Carlmax(m): 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2009
It is true IBB has done too many ills, but we need prominent voices like his 4 "decentralization" to work. Please more politicians should follow suite and be "born again"
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by MrCrackles(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2009
Carlmax:

It is true IBB has done too many ills, but we need prominent voices like his 4 "decentralization" to work. Please more politicians should follow suite and be "born again"
So IBB is born again?
Who born the bastard the second time shocked

1 Like

Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by PastorOla1: 9:47am On Sep 26, 2009
one good thing about ibb is option a4, we don't need to spend large sum of money on electoral reforms but we did because we like chasing shadows and wastage. truth some times can cheap. all we need is to have a system that wii reveal the truth.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by AndreUweh(m): 11:55pm On Sep 26, 2009
Nigeria of today and Nigeria of IBB's era, which do you think is better?.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by maxsiollun: 11:49am On Sep 27, 2009
IBB has been out of power for over 15 years. Still his comments attract more attention and controversy than comments by the sitting President!
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by monopolist: 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2009
Woe to MaradonaIBB Evil Genius, all Looters and Economic thieves
Woe to thee that spoilest,and thou was not spoiled;
and dealest treacherously, and they deal not treacherously with thee!
when thou shalt cease to spoil, thou shalt be spoiled;
and when thou shalt make an end to deal treacherously,
they shall deal treacherously with thee

O Lord, be gracious unto us;
we have waited for thee:
be thou their arm every morning,
our salvation also in the time of trouble.

At the noise of the tumult the people fled;
at the lifting up of thyself the nations were scattered.

And your spoil shall be gathered like the gathering of the caterpillar:
as the running to and fro of locusts shall he run upon them

The day of Vengeance of the LORD has finally come.

The Book of the Prophet Isaiah Chapter 33:1-4
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by McKren(m): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2009
My dislike for IBB has always been that he knew the right thing but refused to do it.

I am still suspicious of this cunningness as we speak.

There is a part of me that wants to believe that the reason IBB wants to welcome devolution and decentralization of power at this time is because of the realization that Most of Nigeria's Uranium reserve are in the North and given that Nuclear Energy is the future os the world's energy source may be black gold in the delta may continue to be less and less important.

So I personally think this is far from being a sign of repentance, its just a very shrewd adjustment from a shrewd pragmatist! I am not very impressed.

While I welcome it because this country will be better off if all parts are self sufficient, I don't think I have any reason to celebrate what IBB says.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by CrudeOil2(m): 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2009
“Though I enjoyed most of these powers during my tenure, but I saw the need for a change and that was why I set up a committee on Devolution of Power in 1989 under the Chairmanship of Abdusalam Okene, to take care of these problems and set out agenda for the future,” Babangida remarked.

He enjoyed and misused the these privileges, destroyed the country and looted the national accounts.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by olawonder(m): 12:27am On Sep 29, 2009
IBB still dey alive? Hmn, I see, I see why Naija never change!
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Afam(m): 8:23am On Sep 29, 2009
McKren:

My dislike for IBB has always been that he knew the right thing but refused to do it.

I am still suspicious of this cunningness as we speak.

There is a part of me that wants to believe that the reason IBB wants to welcome devolution and decentralization of power at this time is because of the realization that Most of Nigeria's Uranium reserve are in the North and given that Nuclear Energy is the future os the world's energy source may be black gold in the delta may continue to be less and less important.

So I personally think this is far from being a sign of repentance, its just a very shrewd adjustment from a shrewd pragmatist! I am not very impressed.

While I welcome it because this country will be better off if all parts are self sufficient, I don't think I have any reason to celebrate what IBB says.

The irony of the whole thing is that the North has what it takes to become the energy hub of Africa considering the land mass and natural environment from wind to sun to natural mineral deposits.

But their greedy and myopic leaders would not see the great potential because they can't take their eyes off crude oil.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by ayobase(m): 6:03pm On Sep 30, 2009
Be ready for the COME BACK of IBB.
the swaga man!

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2009
ayobase:

Be ready for the COME BACK of IBB.
the swaga man!

Nigeria Is Blessed.

4 where?
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 01, 2009
why is he just proposing decentralization, He annulled the best election in the history of this country, I think maradona is up to something, who knows?
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by cre8tivity(f): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2009
IBB has been out of power for over 15 years. Still his comments attract more attention and controversy than comments by the sitting President!
that says a lot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Southeast Governors Have Mortgaged Ndiigbo Future—max Gbanite / Bankole And Nafada Granted Bail In The Sum Of N500m / BIAFRA Is Trending Everywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.