Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power (4057 Views)

IBB Calls For Jihad Against Boko Haram - Bbc Hausa / IBB Calls For Creation Of State Police To Fight Terrorism / IBB Calls For National Prayer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by fayahsoul: 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2009
Dead again. . .that's what you are mr. IBB.

Forgiveness is not for the irredeemable
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by GEW: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2009
why is this shameless theif still talking?
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by sayso: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2009
He still looks active to me,Nigerians beware
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Nezan(m): 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2009
Na today im become born again, when im dey rule, im no know say decentralisation na better tin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by ScanLess: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2009
maradona or no maradona, every day is for the thief but one day is for the owner of the house. IBB and his likes are running out of tricks and gimmicks, so if he starts shifting to the truth side is not a big surprise.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by udezue(m): 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2009
MARADONA

Don't trust him. Easterners and Southerners beware
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by nethacker(m): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2009
The Maradona guy na Goat(A stubborn one).I just don't understand 9ja again oo.These sycophants want to trade their future with an ordinary political portfolio? shocked shocked
So sad embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by electron: 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
nothing wey no dey possible even as maradona. i dont know i love IBB, please accept his burninnnnnnnnnnnng
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by MUNEER2(m): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2009
Akanniade:

That fox should return all the money he stole before we can take his words seriously.

How can he return all the money he has already spent?
We can never take any of his words more than jokes, and nothing, but jokes.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by sherrylo: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2009
Always the Maradona keep on playing
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2009
The guy is simply seeking relevance. R'ber 2011 elections aren't that far away, u have to learn to take his words with a substantial grain of salt.
Born again my behind grin
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by lawrence83: 7:32pm On Sep 24, 2009
And there comes the maradona,
the snake wanna raise his ugly head again.
but what do u expect,2011 is by the corner, and this guy will love to go back to ASO ROCK.
I wont be surprise, if he ends of being the President.
In my country, anything, just anything can happen.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by easternluv: 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2009
they said words are always very cheap to demonstrate, if you want to know the true level of IBB born again just give him another 4 years tenure in office you will realize how serious the maradonna is. talking about true decentralisation it means everyhing will be decentralize not only the one that benefit them less, as for me I've stop listen to such super lecture
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by agabaI23(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
2011 Presidential poll: Count me out, says IBB
By NDUBUISI ORJI, Lagos and AKIN ALOFETEKUN, Minna

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida has no ambition to contest the presidential election in 2011.

General Ibrahim Babangida

advertisement

Babangida debunked speculations that he was staging a comeback to the nation’s political scene.

Speaking in an interview with the Channels Television in Minna, Niger State, monitored in Lagos, the former president said contrary to the speculations that he would run for a second time, he no longer had interest in any elective position.

Babangida said there were pressures from many quarters for him to vie for the post of the president of the country in 2011, but he would not bow to such pressures.

IBB, as he is fondly called, said he would be willing to lend a hand of support to whoever emerged as the nation’s president in 2011.

Babangida had indicated interest to contest the 2007 presidential election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

But stepped down for President Umaru Yar’Adua few days before the party’s presidential primaries. He said he had to step down because of what he called ‘a moral dilemma’.

Babangida became president after he seized power in a bloodless coup on August 27, 1985. He ruled the nation until August 26, 1993 when he stepped ‘aside’ owing to pressure after he annulled the June 12, 1993 election won by the late Chief MKO Abiola.

Meanwhile, the former military president has advocated a review of the nation’s federal system in which there should be less responsibilities for the Federal Government, even as he called for the abolition of the federal character policy in federal appointments.

He made the call in Minna, Niger State while speaking at the third annual United Nations’ International Peace Day lecture series tagged: Constitutional review as a mechanism for peace and stability.

He noted that the Federal Government had been saddled with too much responsibility and called on the constitutional review committee to take a closer look at the issue with a view to reducing the responsibilities of the Federal Government and allocating them to the states and the local governments.

The former leader, also among other things, called for the creation of state police, abolition of federal character in appointment into federal offices, saying appointments should be based on merit, pointing out that the federal character system had outlived its usefulness.

Babangida also suggested that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) be statutorily responsible for the conduct of the presidential and national assembly elections alone while the state independent electoral commission (SIEC) be made to conduct other elections at state and local government levels and announce the results without taking orders from Abuja.

The guest lecturer on the occasion, Governor Muazu Babangida Aliyu of Niger State, enjoined the audience to see the opportunity of a constitutional review as a way of having their say on how the country is governed.

Aliyu, however, observed that it is not only the document that should be changed, according to him, “it is important to change the mindset and attitude of the people because both the document and the mind of the people must work together if any constitution must succeed.”

Also speaking at the occasion, the Deputy Senate president and the Chairman of the Constitution Review Committee, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, disclosed that despite the cry in some quarters that the present constitution lack legitimacy because it was done during the military era, the constitution, he said, is legal and will remain so until another one is produced.

He thanked the state governors for their support for the National Assembly in its efforts to review the constitution.

The annual International Peace Day lecture series also had in attendance members of the national and state assemblies from across the country
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by cre8tivity(f): 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2009
i think his ideas are very bright; ibb is getting better and better with age. i also think it wouldn't be a bad idea for others who are currently in-charge to start listening to this man. hate him or love him, we can all agree that the man has the key.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by mployer(m): 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2009
@onlytruth I am sorry for you. You wan die? IBB de talk and you are listening. No jupiter can bring me back for now until all of those leaders are dead and i have built my fortress, not a house but a fortress 'cause na war zone be that ooooooo.

mumu. calling your father land a warzone. Remain there, never come back, YOU WAR REFUGEE
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Eziachi: 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2009
So the former junta dictator and chief of all Nigerian former rogue rulers, Mr/Alhaji IBB is now calling for decentralization of power from the centre to other levels of govt? Something he agreed that he fought against while illegally ruling 150 millions slaves called Nigerian citizens.

He is now saying that he understands that there are too much power in the centre and now even calling for state police. Wonders shall never end and eventually they will see the light but it might come too little too late.

But my advise for IBB and others like him is that you can paint an unsafe house as much as you like, but you can't hide the structural dangers until the house collapse on you finally and even killing you in the process. Nigeria is so dyfuctional and sick that no amount of distribution of power will cure it ill health.

Not UNTIL they go back to the root and create a confederate system of at least four independent nations just like in the United Kingdom.

Every nation can now look after her own economy, security, social welfare, environment and education,while a small centre is left to look after just the army and eternal affairs, until everyone is ready and finally goes their separate ways in peace and sound footing
Please can someone remind Nigerians that Aburi accord was all about decentralization of power which they kick out nd declare war on Biafra.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by xreal: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2009
Is or was IBB this BAD?
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Beaf: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2009
Very funny! Here is a man who killed his own best friend for power talking about decentralising power.

Ribadu must have frightened him so much that he now wants local police he can buy off.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Ezenwenyi(m): 9:44pm On Sep 24, 2009
I was practically moved when IBB the evil Genius publicly accepted his evil deeds and told Nigerians that he is a changed person.But one thing with politicians is that they adapt to what the people want if they are trying to ask for something,little surprise when former president Abubakar publicly told Nigerians that IBB has a talent for mischief.Let's hope IBB is not trying to come back.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Beaf: 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2009
^
You got that right. That mans middle name is Lucifer.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2009
BREAKING NEWS:

Reports have just come in that Nigeria's own 'Maradona' is changing his tune and supporting the creation of state police because:

1.Kidnappers have put him on top of their list of targets
2.they have put a price tag of N10 billion(10 billion naira) on his head

Furthermore,he has beefed up his own security and now moves around with a retinue of Israeli security personnel
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by toideve(m): 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked IBB now born again

dis is serious!
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by snapshot: 11:21pm On Sep 24, 2009
beware! the DEVIL is acting like an ANGEL of light sad
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by iammodel(m): 12:09am On Sep 25, 2009
decentralization is a good idea coming from a bad person.

think it should be considered if he's not playing any role in it.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by fayahsoul: 1:21am On Sep 25, 2009
cre8tivity:

i think his ideas are very bright; ibb is getting better and better with age. i also think it wouldn't be a bad idea for others who are currently in-charge to start listening to this man. hate him or love him, we can all agree that the man has the key.

Sure he has the key. . .the key to looting public funds tongue
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by avobode(m): 2:59am On Sep 25, 2009
After he has tasted the soup and fattened himself, he wants to decentralize power. How is Gani dead and this criminal is still alive? IBB has and always will be a manipulative criminal whose charms have continued to seduce Nigerians.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by benzinho(m): 3:53am On Sep 25, 2009
Ibb and co has massed up this our beloved country and i will not hestitate to finish it up in any way i know best.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by snapshot: 7:09am On Sep 25, 2009
avobode:

How is Gani dead and this criminal is still alive?
DEATH IS FOOLISH lipsrsealed
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by otukpo(f): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2009
The fact remains that what he said is good. Decentralisation of power wld actually go a long way in helping us achieve true democracy in Nigeria. So take what he said and leave him that is bad.
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by citizenY(m): 10:33am On Sep 25, 2009
Nigerians, watch and pray.

If it will take declarations such as this one by IBB to get

people like [b]udezue and onlytruth
to see reason, why not?

I have always said that the dinosaurs of the civil war era will

fade away, gradually. ANd if the ones that are alive begin to

speak in tongues. We are always incensed once in a while

when they come to our attention.

We have to find a way to handle the cabal mishandling our affairs

today and these guys did not prosecute the civil war. They are

destroying Nigeria by corrupting our economic, social

and political infrastructure and they cut across tribe, religion and region.

They are already giving us signs of 2011 from Anambra- there are 45

gubernatorial aspirants. Instead of conducting primaries, PDP is looking for

a concensus candidate. [/b]
Re: Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power by Beaf: 10:50am On Sep 25, 2009
^
I can't understand if this dude is campaigning for anpp or ad. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect / Nigerian Slum Contest: Anambra Is The State With The Least Slums In Nigeria / Zakzaky Identifies Soldier Who Shot His 3 Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.