Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth (1241 Views)

How A Female Marketer Harassed me Sexually At The Atm Me Because Of 1k / When Ladies Go To The ATM With Their Boyfriends (Photos) / Lovebirds Who Met At The ATM Queue Set To Wed (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 9:32am On Aug 10, 2016
What I'm about to tell you happened yesterday in town when I went to use my ATM at a Diamond bank branch. I walked into the ATM booth with a friend of mine Daniel.

We were quite discouraged at the crowd outside waiting to withdraw money, but compared to the previous banks we've checked out, the number of people seemed a little bit lesser, so we stayed put.

A few minutes into when I joined the queue, I noticed most people were leaving their positions to join other lines. I asked the middle aged man standing in front of me what was going on. He told me, "This ATM rejects every Diamond Bank Card."

I was with a Diamond Bank card and after listening briefly to some others complain about that particular machine, I quickly got to the front and told Daniel jokingly, "I know I'm usually lucky in this kind of situation."

Then I put in the card, put in my password and voila! The options for cash amount appeared and I withdrew my money and left in no time. Other people who had left the line earlier on with a Diamond Bank Card started rushing back to queue up.

I looked at them, thought about it a little, smiled and left with Daniel.

People usually forget that things change! What doesn't work for someone else might just work for you. It might be during your own attempt that something may change, but how do you find out if you don't even try? It might just be during your own attempt that an unforeseen opportunity might just turn up.

Don't be quick to accept negative results for yourself based on another person's results. You are different and your moment is different. That's why it's important to keep trying.

I don't really take popular opinion seriously, I like to find out things for myself. I'll rather try and fail, than not try at all.

So why do we easily follow the path of The general opinion? Why are we afraid to give our own shot to what some others have not succeeded in? The answer lies in the force of habit and herd mentality. We naturally want to follow the crowd and believe what the crowd believes.

The funny thing is that when you go against the crowd and discover something, the crowd then follows you. Winners carve out their own path. Winners think differently. They don't just accept theories, they verify them.

Stop believing anything negative that you're told by anybody. There is this thing called a success mindset. A mind that doesn't take No for an answer. A person with such a mindset is unstoppable.

Always try and keep trying even where others have failed. The worst that could happen is that you fail, then so what? At least you tried, rather than accept failure without an attempt. The best thing? You could get lucky and make massive success, then the herd follows.

To try or not to try?

Your Move. smiley

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by ITbomb(m): 9:34am On Aug 10, 2016
So you jumped queue

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by dareyyyy(m): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2016
Bruh that's what they call luck, got your msg though wink

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by ClassCaptain(m): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2016
Great lesson...
There are so many lessons we can learn from our daily activities in life..

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2016
ITbomb:
So you jumped queue
Technically
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by ClassCaptain(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2016
Great lesson...
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 9:39am On Aug 10, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Great lesson...

You're very correct.
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Gbemiie: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2016
lool
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 9:42am On Aug 10, 2016
dareyyyy:
Bruh that's what they call luck, got your msg though wink
If I didn't try, I would never have met the "Luck"

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 9:55am On Aug 10, 2016
Gbemiie:
lool
Whats funny?
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 10, 2016
Next time the ATM swallows your ATM card....

Please....don't create thread for it undecided
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 10, 2016
I like the way you were able to turn a seemingly everyday situation into an important life lesson. A very wise one at that. Nice one

I never call the mods but I will for this one... Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by lative(m): 10:16am On Aug 10, 2016
LUCK!
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by mcchaltonJmoxiz(m): 10:34am On Aug 10, 2016
On like me...... I won't stop trying oh..... nice one G cool

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Olusharp(m): 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello Mr you were only lucky if it had swallowed your card like eba you would have know whatsup..
na me go go try that kind thing on top say i wan withdraw 1k.?
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by kwaso2: 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
Kontinue, WAI( war Against Indiscipline) bridge will soon catch u
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2016
toposi4naija:
Next time the ATM swallows your ATM card....

Please....don't create thread for it undecided
lol.. funny
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2016
Fabulocity:
I like the way you were able to turn a seemingly everyday situation into an important life lesson. A very wise one at that. Nice one

I never call the mods but I will for this one... Lalasticlala
Thanks
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by icebird25(m): 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2016
mtcheew
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2016
lative:
LUCK!
You meet your luck through taking
action!
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2016
Olusharp:
Hello Mr you were only lucky if it had swallowed your card like eba you would have know whatsup..
na me go go try that kind thing on top say i wan withdraw 1k.?
Fear is one of the strongest reasons why people don't try. Fear of the unknown! Even in the face of fear, try anyways.
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by nnamdi1993: 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
I tink dis is an old story
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
nnamdi1993:
I tink dis is an old story
You think? This is my experience last Monday
Re: My Experience At The ATM Machine Booth by Boldwinner(m): 10:24am On Aug 15, 2016
and this post died quietly.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You’d Surely Find In Every Nigerian Home / Guys,is The Relationship Over If She Turns Down Your Proposal? / Two Blood Sisters Fights Over A Guy. Who Is Rite To Have Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.