Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? (5752 Views)

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by Ranchhoddas: 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I no dey jobless ooo . grin . You too dey active on Twitter ? @kingbubuman
I am not on twitter.
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by winner01(m): 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Analice, you sound intelligent so I'll engage you for sometime

I'm an atheist but arguably the best behaved person around, I'm not blowing my horn, it is what it is
I understand you want to be a good person as many atheists are, but you dont get a medal for being good.
The universe does not care if you do good all your life or hack people to death all your life. And trust me, not everyone wants to live the everyday good life. If you study personality at any educational level, you'll understand what i'm saying. Not everyone has that personality to submit to societal dictates. Your "good" life may be too boring for such people. Afterall, We are just cell bags accidentally crawling in a cosmic dust somewhere in space (according to atheists).

So with the few years we all have, people can live their good and bad lives to the fullest.

hopefulLandlord:

Why? Since I left Christianity, I have let 2 simple things dictate my moral, Society+Conscience
There is no such thing as conscience, at least no material or scientific proof of its existence. Whether your so called "conscience" pricks you when you do good or bad, the universe cares less.
Society in itself does not have a baseline for its morals.
I'm still not sure why you're still clinging tightly to the morals you learnt from christianity.

hopefulLandlord:

Reason? What does a Christian do when he's done wrong? Maybe told a lie, cheated, or committed any sin?

He/she prays to Yahweh to forgive his/her sins, that's because it is written that no matter how horrible or how bad a level your sin is, he is just enough to forgive you once you ask for it

This is a great lie, and i'm tempted to fill this place with several bible verses refuting this lie.
I could quote all the areas that emphasizes "loving your neighbour as yourself". But i wont.
The Lord's prayer is enough. A part of it says:
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us

This is a part that potrays an individual as a victim of trespass. And Victim is better than victimizing another individual.
My point: Forgiving people who have offended you is a prerequisite for forgiveness from God, how much more people whom you've offended.

That simple prayer places your care for your fellow human above your requests from God. And that is what christianity stands for. Love
Its evident you still retain many things you learnt from christianity, albeit unknowingly.

hopefulLandlord:

and since then, I have done little to no wrong, hence the surprised and shocking look most people give me when they realise I'm atheist

Wanna know what happens to me when I do one of those "wrongs"? I feel horrible, my conscience beats me up and encourages me to confess to the wronged party, that's because I don't have an imaginary daddy to pray to that would " wipe" the wrongs I've done away

That society+conscience has been working for me so far and I've accepted that I'm going to hell if Christianity happens to be the true way BECAUSE I've been a much better person without it than when I was with it

Still, the universe does not care of you are good or bad. Some people want to be bad, its the life they want. And neither you nor society has the freaking right to tell them what to do. They have as much universal rights to be bad as you do to be good.

You were never a christian, or probably a lukewarm christian.. I was also a christian for about 2 years before I gave my life to Christ.
You never really understood what you were into, you only played along simply because that was what was required of you at the time.

hopefulLandlord:

Now, do not judge us even if Christianity happens to be the true way, your god (according to you) works in mysterious ways, he might just let atheists and Christians in, afterall, you can't question him if he does
No one is judging you. If you really wanted to be good, you wont scavenge a religious section looking for believers to encourage not to believe in God with you.
What are you really fighting for? Answer that question sincerely and it could shed light on other dark areas of your life.
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2016
winner01:
I understand you want to be a good person as many atheists are, but you dont get a medal for being good.
The universe does not care if you do good all your life or hack people to death all your life. And trust me, not everyone wants to live the everyday good life. If you study personality at any educational level, you'll understand what i'm saying. Not everyone has that personality to submit to societal dictates. Your "good" life may be too boring for such people. Afterall, We are just cell bags accidentally crawling in a cosmic dust somewhere in space (according to atheists).

So with the few years we all have, people can live their good and bad lives to the fullest.

There is no such thing as conscience, at least no material or scientific proof of its existence. Whether your so called "conscience" pricks you when you do good or bad, the universe cares less.
I'm still not sure why you're still clinging tightly to the morals you learnt from christianity.

This is a great lie, and i'm tempted to fill this place with several bible verses refuting this lie.
I could quote all the areas that emphasizes "loving your neighbour as yourself". But i wont.

This is a part that potrays an individual as a victim of trespass. And Victim is better than victimizing another individual.
My point: Forgiving people who have offended you is a prerequisite for forgiveness from God, how much more people whom you've offended.

That simple prayer places your care for your fellow human above your requests from God. And that is what christianity stands for. Love
Its evident you still retain many things you learnt from christianity, albeit unknowingly.

Still, the universe does not care of you are good or bad. Some people want to be bad, its the life they want. And neither you nor society has the freaking right to tell them what to do. They have as much universal rights to be bad as you do to be good.

You were never a christian, or probably a lukewarm christian.. I was also a christian for about 2 years before I gave my life to Christ.
You never really understood what you were into, you only played along simply because that was what was required of you at the time.

No one is judging you. If you really wanted to be good, you wont scavenge a religious section looking for believers to encourage not to believe in God with you.
What are you really fighting for? Answer that question sincerely and it could shed light on other dark areas of your life.

The chief Atheist himself just took down a whole thread out of fear so he can protect one of his warriors. The guy done cast!
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by hopefulLandlord: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2016
winner01:

The bible verse you quoted said NOTHING about those you've wronged, only those that winged you but I hear you

I could've engaged you but the message wasn't meant for you
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by hopefulLandlord: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2016
4everGod:

The chief Atheist himself just took down a whole thread out of fear so he can protect one of his warriors. The guy done cast!
Sure Mr 4 accounts
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by winner01(m): 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2016
4everGod:

Lmao grin
I laughed hard when I knew. He probably discovered that he messed up. Lol. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by promise10: 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
youngestland:

so love is from god very funny
well sorry dear l learnt love from my parents and before the white man brought christianity to nigeria my great parents were loving themselves ma
Foolish premature conclusion, where did she say that love comes from God in that post.

But, I rather believe it comes from God than to lie to myself that it EVOLVED.

Foolishness is a choice!
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by hopefulLandlord: 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
promise10:

Foolish premature conclusion, where did she say that love comes from God in that post.

Foolishness is a choice!

Hahahahahahahahaha, the irony of these words are lost on you grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by analice107: 11:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What if Jehovah's witnesses are right. Do you still get to make Paradise?
Jehovah's Witnesses are undercover or closet atheists. They didn't believe in Afterlife. Anyways, lets die and see.
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by analice107: 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2016
joseph1832:
No wonder the lord of host have been treating Nigerians with bad leaders because the nigerian Christians clearly don't honor him.
Do you know what you just invoked? The LORD OF HOST. The God Of War. When he shows up...
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by joseph1832(m): 7:55am On Aug 11, 2016
analice107:

Do you know what you just invoked? The LORD OF HOST. The God Of War. When he shows up...
Bla Bla Bla. Remember, only the Sin committed against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven so don't cry yourself to sleep. tongue
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by hopefulLandlord: 7:57am On Aug 11, 2016
analice107:

Power of FEAR, that's all that's keeping you in line

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 11, 2016
joseph1832:
Bla Bla Bla. Remember, only the Sin committed against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven so don't cry yourself to sleep. tongue

So your fear of the Holy spirit and not being forgiven is making you not speak against Him. lol grin grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Of all fearful men you are chief. Afterall it was you who started shouting "suspicious and be careful" all over someone elses thread who asked for cloudgoddess's bit of info. For you personally, you are already loaded with fear so God is not in your equation. Yet you mock someone else with that which you are most afraid of. Sorry for you! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by joseph1832(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2016
4everGod:

So your fear of the Holy spirit and not being forgiven is making you not speak against Him. lol grin grin
I'm not surprised you fail to note the sarcasm in the post you quoted.
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 11, 2016
joseph1832:
I'm not surprised you fail to note the sarcasm in the post you quoted.

Lol indeed! Why would i fear Him whom i love? You fear Him because you hate Him and know you cannot truely say for sure if He does not exist and since you cannot touch Him you cannot harm Him so the fear of that cripples you.

I on the other hand Love Him immensely and He loves me back so why would such a perfect Love instil fear...Nay brother, rather it casts away fear ...... 1 John 4:18
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:25am On Aug 11, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

They've explained what fearing God means yet you won't take correction . Winner01 has a meme for that I can't seem to find where he posted

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by analice107: 2:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

At least am being kept in line.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by theoneJabulani(m): 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
analice107:

Yes dear. It will be Hahahahahahahaha. Let me tell you why Allah won't have a problem with me if he turns out to be God. What are his requirements to entering paradise? "When your good deeds out weighs your evil deeds", u enter. That's Allah's requirement.

The next question will be, what does Allah consider as good deeds and evil deeds?

If his good deeds are the "Good deeds" as we know them, (and not killing others), then my good deeds far out weighs my evil deeds. All the self control and rejection. Self discipline and sacrifices for the good of the kingdom and for others, he won't have a single choice.

But as opposed to that, Christianity is not about your good deeds. In fact, no amount of Goodness will give life to my dead spirit. Paradise is a land of Pure and Holy Spirits, for man, the pure and holy spirit he was given at creation, enabled him to fellowship with his creator, he died to it when he fell into Sin. Christ came to restore and give back that spirit to man, to enable man rejoin his creator in that fellowship. It is that spirit that enters paradise, nothing else. Anyone who doesn't have that spirit can't enter there. And I have that spirit. That spirit helps and enables me live a good life.
So, If Allah is the way (which is unlikely, because Islam quotes Jesus, albeit, wrongly, but quotes him nevertheless, and Jesus had already given instructions on what to do before Islam came), but if Allah is indeed the way, the life of Christ in me will compel Allah to let me into paradise. Get my Drift?
And the good deeds of some atheists don't far outweigh the bad? According to u, I could go on a killing spree, beg for forgiveness a minute b4 I die and still make heaven. How ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by hopefuLandlord: 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
theoneJabulani:
And the good deeds of some atheists don't far outweigh the bad? According to u, I could go on a killing spree, beg for forgiveness a minute b4 I die and still make heaven. How ridiculous.
Exactly
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by raphieMontella: 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
^^^these boiz geh time sha

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by Ranchhoddas: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
analice107:

Jehovah's Witnesses are undercover or closet atheists. They didn't believe in Afterlife. Anyways, lets die and see.
They believe in an afterlife. Just that it doesn't include you, same way yours includes no one else.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by analice107: 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
They believe in an afterlife. Just that it doesn't include you, same way yours includes no one else.
Let's die and find out.
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by Ranchhoddas: 5:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
analice107:
Let's die and find out.
Okay.
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by analice107: 5:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
theoneJabulani:
You are confused.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by theoneJabulani(m): 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2016
analice107:
You are confused.
Enlighten me ma
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by youngestland: 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
promise10:

Foolishness is a choice!
Infallible:
How do you know its better to love?
Are you sure you don't know this God of love exist? where do you think the Love shown you is from?

Most atheist hide behind the their opinion of there is no God to do what they want. Not believing in the Law of gravity does not except you from the effect.
please can someone please read this again and again and tell me if she wasnt indirectly saying love comes from god.
beacuse I dont know why someone will refer me as foolish on this. am ashamed of you am not goint to insult you because anytime I do that I feel bad since I have decided to see averyone in life as the same so I love you all

if I have to live a good life and love everybody despite their religion, culture, skin color etc and go to hell or serve god and hate or dislike people of other religion and go to heaven I rather go to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
youngestland:

please can someone please read this again and again and tell me if she wasnt indirectly saying love comes from god.
beacuse I dont know why someone will refer me as foolish on this. am ashamed of you am not goint to insult you because anytime I do that I feel bad since I have decided to see averyone in life as the same so I love you all

if I have to live a good life and love everybody despite their religion, culture, skin color etc and go to hell or serve god and hate or dislike people of other religion and go to heaven I rather go to hell.

As an Atheist how can you tell the difference between Love and Hate? I ask because atheists do not believe that anything matters especially feelings since we are just a bundle of cells and chemicals. So please share with me how come you can feel hate and love?
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by kobosmalls: 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
winner01:

grin
Na so oo my brother grin grin

They will storm your thread with their truckload of straws, ready to change whatever argument they cant win.www.nairaland.com/attachments/4037751_133126891159928907384483226798393719025844n_png_jpegcecf00bb497656ff5a87a73ba3e3052e
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4037864_114070659710734962700266268421185786363973n_png_jpeg79c500eb518d2c24142a6db012b6eb65

Ask them a simple question why they are obsessed with a non-existent God, they will proceed to write one long paragraph of nonsense.www.nairaland.com/attachments/4039220_s7986427edit_jpeg22fbb761f3a92e309bbed8760aeb4733

But what we do know.

Here are the principles of atheism grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4075862_133155301159626744081366748265456593576817n_jpegde6eec367e99932e9a79c8ec9d4e1922

But really atheists crack me up. Tell them "God is good" or "God bless you". They could give you two pages of insult.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4076255_1289150311153863318387417125702613229906747o_jpeg70169bd7c885f9c6d48c379515435ae5
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4075994_11138608943929862317723834622644095295398n_png_jpeg2a524afb1aa39a114df5d6fa80ca16de

People could learn about the atheists logic grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4076234_1279440210989485334825218759631624810708211n_jpegd00f91d7a3e347c8508eff189ac37a9f

and their futile attempt to alter their meaning of atheism.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4076242_1203889711153861451720936240045213250362501o_jpeg4f6aff35b721e5ac3edf7cf4c753f218

They then give themselves pretentious monikers like free thinker, rational, logical etc. And if you're not an atheist, then you cant be any of these
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4075871_13312921102065106783513395722451603362018802nedit_jpeg3839abe8dafba61137a38c99314a3e98 www.nairaland.com/attachments/4037787_atheism15_jpegbdf0edbf02c4a92fb392bbe6632e5426

They demonize and criticize those who practice real science.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4076069_1192426810067715260335562532961286479769851n_png_jpege4d08bef683619458f0dde2448b8225f
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4065127_1366905811415868691971121207328740869455296n_jpeg20616ae3b5c9815b93bf4d4344f830d7

And exalt pseudoscience just to further their atheistic agenda.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4075883_1390319910965589003912462907764337046071513n_jpeg9bea7fa4b58277362845c6e6a0e0b150

Then they post several topics of false prophets not following the teachings of Christ, just so they can justify their atheism and gain more followers. But we know that:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4039784_img20160628wa009_jpegf8b3824bd0a7161bad98ba8617426913

Some of them will even open threads on "peaceful" buddhism encouraging people to follow buddhism.www.nairaland.com/attachments/4038483_123164401054439581266750311872869293758517n_jpeg6613fb16f25f0db1f154b00734b6e1cc

But really, just see the difference.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4075825_1188536410055295494910874071068609882359057n_jpega92c48895f9ee25e677bfb97524f3fe3
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4075857_117506529855241214916301349885096732753723n_png_jpeg8e8f62244e9e20a875bd041f94f09d1a

I just have a piece of advise for atheists here
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4076909_139067555511704284004787460355201895558027n_jpegd42cac8ff7ca196c8004067dc780cf6a www.nairaland.com/attachments/4037862_s10357430edit_jpega75ca8aacd4119e7284932f74a93ae01
Its impossible to be logical and reasonable and yet believe that a human was born of a virgin without sex.
This point alone proves that theists don't think when it to religious matters.
Who told you that you can win an argument against an atheist.
We walk out of threads because theist have nothing sensible to offer as proof or logical explanation.
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by efismikoko(m): 7:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
4everGod:

As an Atheist how can you tell the difference between Love and Hate? I ask because atheists do not believe that anything matters especially feelings since we are just a bundle of cells and chemicals. So please share with me how come you can feel hate and love?
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by kobosmalls: 7:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
analice107:

The Message of the cross has been presented to you again and again, in your office and here, but you insist on seeing God with your physical eyes before you believe he exists. I don't know whether in all of your learning, there's a way we can make you see a spirit. A SPIRIT... GOD IS A SPIRIT, NOT MATERIAL. HE DOESN'T DWELL IN THE REALM OF MATERIAL. But you already know of that right?
Typing this really makes me laugh, seriously. I think at this point I will leave you with Jesus' words.

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Revelation:22:11

I think you should go ahead and maintain your stance. Whatever you are right now, keep being it. It's seriously becoming like, Christ is so weak and Vulnerable begging you to come to Him, without which, he will loose his divinity.

Have you ever sat down to ponder over this? If you accept Christ into your life, who gains? Him or you? What can u actually give to him?

You reject His offer of Love? No shakes at all.
Just wish(because that's all that's left for u to do) that there's indeed no God, because if you die and discover he is there. Hahahahahahahaha.
What you just said is called pascals wager and its a stupid argument and is totally flawed
What if you die and realise your Christianity was a lie and Islam or Buddhism or any other religion is the truth?
You are also implying that you can force yourself to believe in falsehood.

The Wager assumes that God will be impressed by, and happily reward, people who worship just to avoid Hell. An all-powerful (or very powerful) being would gain little from the mental allegiance of human beings. In the same way, it would be pretty pointless for a human to persuade the inhabitants of an anthill to worship him. The constant harangues and demands for worship by the Abrahamic god as stated in the Old Testament suggest that it might just be an ego thing
Re: Why Do Atheists Enter And Exit Threads Like This? by kobosmalls: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
analice107:

The Message of the cross has been presented to you again and again, in your office and here, but you insist on seeing God with your physical eyes before you believe he exists. I don't know whether in all of your learning, there's a way we can make you see a spirit. A SPIRIT... GOD IS A SPIRIT, NOT MATERIAL. HE DOESN'T DWELL IN THE REALM OF MATERIAL. But you already know of that right?
Typing this really makes me laugh, seriously. I think at this point I will leave you with Jesus' words.

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Revelation:22:11

I think you should go ahead and maintain your stance. Whatever you are right now, keep being it. It's seriously becoming like, Christ is so weak and Vulnerable begging you to come to Him, without which, he will loose his divinity.

Have you ever sat down to ponder over this? If you accept Christ into your life, who gains? Him or you? What can u actually give to him?

You reject His offer of Love? No shakes at all.
Just wish(because that's all that's left for u to do) that there's indeed no God, because if you die and discover he is there. Hahahahahahahaha.
What you just said is called pascals wager and its a stupid argument and is totally flawed
What if you die and realise your Christianity was a lie and Islam or Buddhism or any other religion is the truth?
You are also implying that you can force yourself to believe in falsehood.

The Wager assumes that God will be impressed by, and happily reward, people who worship just to avoid Hell. An all-powerful (or very powerful) being would gain little from the mental allegiance of human beings. In the same way, it would be pretty pointless for a human to persuade the inhabitants of an anthill to worship him. The constant harangues and demands for worship by the Abrahamic god as stated in the Old Testament suggest that it is just be an ego thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram, 'the Illuminati' And 666 / Antichrist Pastors And Bishops In The Church / Be Warned! Pornography Can Send You To Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.