Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo (17715 Views)

Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / Soludo Versus Sanusi? Who Is The Better Reformer? / "You Can't Ban Spraying, It's Our Culture" - KSA To Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 1:18am On Oct 21, 2009
The politics in Anambra may not be deadly, but one thing is becoming obvious, CHARACTER ASSASINATION. This does not mean that, if one does anything wrong, he should not be exposed, but the political acrobatic here, will lead to enough of the above stated. We all are waiting and watching!.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 12:57am On Oct 22, 2009
Enjoyment1:

The politics in Anambra may not be deadly, but one thing is becoming obvious, CHARACTER ASSASINATION. This does not mean that, if one does anything wrong, he should not be exposed, but the political acrobatic here, will lead to enough of the above stated. We all are waiting and watching!.
`

Ever since Independence, politics in Anambra has always been like that. The good aspect of that is this, there have never been any major killing. But how long will it continue, without us witnessing one soon. Time and events will tell.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by chika98: 12:58am On Oct 22, 2009
Anambra into Dubai ke? Overzealousness is a disease!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 1:00am On Oct 22, 2009
chika98:

Anambra into Dubai ke? Overzealousness is a disease!
`

Obviously, he will not be able to, but the statement could be a veritable weapon for him to gather attention.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by emiwanlee(m): 5:03am On Oct 22, 2009
He we not do well as a state governor 'Quote me" but 100 Sanusi's together will never match his record
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by jamace(m): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2009
Soludo lacks the political balls gut to govern a state well, not even a LGA in Nigeria. Should he become Gov, it will just be biz as usual - "chop I chop" godfathers no go vex. sad
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 11:41pm On Oct 22, 2009
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]While thinking about Soludo and Anambra's elections, has anyone though of another dimension that the whole issue will take, if the Supreme Court affirms Andy Uba's election?. [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 11:42pm On Oct 22, 2009
I just hope the whole drama will end soon!.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 12:07am On Oct 23, 2009
Another candidate expresses opposition to Soludo's imposition
By Alex Emeje
October 22, 2009 23:37AMT

[b]The controversy surrounding the emergence of Chukwuma Soludo as the governorship candidate for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra State shows no sign of abating as another aspirant, Annie Okonkwo, said on Wednesday in Abuja that the battle for the party's ticket was not yet over.

Mr. Okonkwo, a former senator, who distanced himself from the decision to adopt the former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), as the party's flag bearer, said the PDP was still searching for a resolution of the crisis surrounding the selection.

The politician, said although he had nothing against the former CBN governor, he was opposed to the process that led to Mr. Soludo's emergence. He said he would not abandon the party or fight for nomination in another party.

"We were not part of the agreement to bring [Mr.] Soludo as the party's candidate," he said. "We were called to Abuja for a stakeholders meeting and we accepted that the name of Ekwueme be filed to INEC to beat the deadline, pending when a free and fair primary would be conducted, and we all agreed."

He said he was surprised to hear later that day, after the agreement has been reached, that Mr. Soludo had been adopted as the party's candidate.

"I urge all my members not to waiver, we will not leave PDP for anyone," he said. "We own 60 per cent of the population of Anambra people, while other groups battle with the remaining 40 per cent."

Shouts of Holy Ghost Fire rent the air when the group was asked if Mr. Soludo should be fielded.

He appealed to President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua to intervene in the matter of the gubernatorial candidate of the PDP in the interest of rule of law and due process.

Soludo reaches out

Following the controversy and rancour surrounding the emergence of Mr. Soludo as the candidate of the PDP, the South East Zonal Working Committee of the party, last week, inaugurated a 14-man Reconciliation Committee to resolve the disputes between warring factions within the party. The committee is headed by Onyeabo Obi.

However, a party leader told NEXT that Mr. Soludo has been making "serious overtures" to some of the aggrieved former aspirants. So far, the source said, none of the heavy weight contenders have shifted grounds to accommodate the former CBN helmsman.

The reconciliation committee has the mandate to appease all aggrieved members of the party, including other aspirants; as well as bring all interest groups and factional leadership to rally behind the candidature of Mr. Soludo.

[/b]
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 12:07am On Oct 23, 2009
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 7:39pm On Oct 23, 2009
Come to think of it, why is Maurice Iwu so scared that the court may not allow him "rig" another election as the may later be?.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 1:57am On Oct 31, 2009
Soludo kidnap drama

•The factors at war
By IKENNA EMEWU(ikenna@sunnewsonline.com), Lagos and GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka
Saturday, October 31, 2009

On Tuesday, the old and ugly chapter in Anambra Peoples Democratic Pary (PDP), which involves politics of kidnap, was reopened. That day, Pa Simeon Soludo, father of former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof Chukwuma Soludo, was kidnapped. The abductition of the septuagenarian reminded political watchers of July 10, 2003, when thugs, allegedly from the opposition camp of the same PDP, kidnapped the then governor, Dr. Chris Ngige. Incidentally, a major actor in the Ngige abduction saga, Chief Chris Uba, who was locked in a battle to control the state with the governor those days, is also at the centre of the current drama in Anambra.

Pa Simeon Soludo, was snatched from his home in Isuofia, in Aguata Local Government by unknown gunmen, who came in a Mercedez Banz 190. The family revealed that Pa Soludo was about taking his dinner when the kidnappers stormed his home. The kidnap itself did not come without a drama.

It was gathered that because the car was to small to take the team of kidnappers and their victim one of the gunmen had to get into the boot before they sped away.
Pa Soludo seem to be taking the heat of his son’s prominence, as there was a previous incident of his involvement in the hands of hoodlums who wanted to settle scores with his son, Chukwuma, in his days as the CBN governor. In that saga, he was reported to have lost one eye.

Culture of kidnap
When the seed of arm-twisting politics was sown in Anambra, in 2003, in the Ngige abduction saga, the PDP leadership looked the other direction because there were indications that President Olusegun Obasanjo then took sides with Ngige’s enemies and therefore, endorsed whatever overt means they adopted. It was said that the incident soured the relationship between Chief Audu Ogbeh, PDP national chairman at the time and Obasanjo.

On the other hand, in the current political battle in Anambra, Aso Rock would be said to be neutral, although President Umar Musa Yar’Adua was briefed before Soludo was presented as PDP candidate for next year’s governorship election in the state. However, fingers are still being pointed at PDP for shunning due process in picking its governorship candidate for next year’s election.
According to the South East wing of the Nigeria Renewal Group, “the national leadership of the PDP should be held responsible for acts of terrorism, like this one because it had, in the past, rewarded and favoured its members who brazenly indulge in all manner of criminal acts against fellow party members.”

Case of the witch crying in the night and the baby
dying in the morning
Pa Soludo’s kidnap happened the same day Chris Uba and 21 men, whose governorship aspiration he allegedly sponsored, held a rally in Awka against Soludo’s candidacy. The group had defied the order of the national leadership that its members withdraw suits against Soludo and cease from doing anything against his candidacy. Sources say that the coincide of the kidnap and the rally looked suspicious. According to them, it was like the witch crying in the day and the child dying in the morning.
A source said: “On that same day, Soludo’s father was abducted. Not even the threat by the PDP national executive to deal with people opposed to Soludo’s choice could not stop Uba and his group. They held the rally, according to their plan and in the process, on the same day, the father of the person they were kicking against got lost. Who would you suspect did that? Moreover, when you hear talks that it was the family which is demanding ransom of N500 million to settle political expenses, who would you say is involved?”
One of the aspirants who spoke to Saturday Sun on phone also noted: “There are no strong evidences to link Uba and his 21 men to the kidnap, but in any police investigation, you start from the known to get to the unknown. There are consequential links between them and the incident. It is possible none of the people suspected is responsible, but the police would get to the roots of the matter starting from the known links. After all, there are past evidences of known people in the PDP in the state involved in matters of kidnap for politics; the guess would not take time to narrow down to them.
“The matter becomes more worrisome when demands for money is being made. There is none of the kidnappers that would not readily say Soludo has that amount to pay for his father, and when he does not pay, it becomes a problem no one would have a ready answer to right now. Is it possible they want to break him and force him to step down from the contest or they want to economically wreck him, so that he would be down and flat, not having the money to prosecute his campaign. No one would say for certain what this game is up to”, another who only wants to be identified as Isaac noted.

The desperation
Many agree that the tension in Anambra over who becomes the PDP guber candidate is one created and given life by PDP. A lawyer said: “When the party threw open its doors and accepted as much as 50 aspirants, who paid at least N5.2 million each for party ticket, it knew it was courting trouble. There is hardly a person who can throw in such amount and at last you cut him from the back to pick a candidate who will quietly go home to lick his wound. They are desperately fighting for the reason that they invested much money in the project; they know they belong to a party where order is lacking. And above all, there is the notion, which is about 90 percent true that whoever picks the ticket is automatically the next governor. They have known our electoral system, if any, for too long, and they believe that PDP is going to perform the old wonder and make sure it wins at all costs. Therefore, what they are fighting over is not actually the candidacy, but already a sure anticipation of the guber seat next year.”

The seed of discord
About a month before the failed attempts to choose a candidate for the PDP, some party chiefs organized a reception for Prof. Soludo in Abuja. The persons that signed the notice published in many newspapers included Dr. Alex Ekwueme, former Vice President; Chief Tony Anenih, a BOT member of the party and another from the north.

Anenih did not chew words in the gathering to announce that Soludo looked like the right candidate they had been looking for. When, therefore, the PDP nominated Soludo as its candidate, without the primaries, many members of the party, especially the other aspirants cried sabotage. However, the sham that was the selection of PDP candidate showed its ugly face at the ward congress. The outcome, which PDP admitted was a 10 percent success, had signs of gloom around the corner.

There were tales of manipulation at that micro level. When the list of delegates for the state congress, where the party’s congress would have been chosen was compiled, based on the outcome of the ward congresses, issues were also raised. Some of the aspirants had accused the Chris Ubah camp of smuggling in 600 names, which were substituted for real delegates. The gladiators had squared up until one of the 47 aspirants procured a court order to stop the exercise. Even the presence of a governor and Speaker of the House of Representatives – all party bigwigs – could not bring sanity in the exercise. The option of electing a candidate through the statutory delegates in Abuja failed until the NWC threw its weight, as last resort, to pick Soludo. Yet, the war only changed face and not averted.

Saoludo’s gain my not have come by chance. It appeared to have been programmed. Last year, a prime national executive member of the PDP in the South East zone had told Saturday Sun that the party has a scheme to field, in the 2010 guber race, a candidate whose personality and credibility would not be questioned. He was specific to mention Soludo and Prof. Dora Akunyili as likely persons. Mid this year, sources also revealed that the choice had been narrowed down to Soludo.

A source said: “It was consummation of the plans that made Mr. President accept to drop him from going for a second term in the CBN job. So, what is happening in Anambra is a plan long cooked and given birth to by the PDP leadership. They declared they want Anambra by all means. And what goes on today is the declared all-means.
“If I were Chris Uba, I would calm down and watch the direction the party is going. If he were a smart politician, he would have known that the tune of the music has changed. He and his brother had their day when Obasanjo was in power. The person there today is a different person and has people he accepts their style. Uba should have known that the helmsman’s style does not favour his approach. So if his party has decided to chose a particular candidate, it doesn’t matter how much he spent, his intentions would not carry the day at last”.

“I am a party member in PDP, I really sympathise with the party because if the matter gets too bad, it will lose. We cannot keep taking Nigerians for granted; it is possible the people can vote and adopt a different attitude to defend their votes, unlike before. Meanwhile, if PDP knows how to manage its affairs, it should instead placate the aspirants because they also spent their resources. They should not be bullied to drop the fight. It needs diplomacy to settle and that would be a more effective approach.”
However, PDP, in its usual style, seems to have mismanaged or overestimated its accuracy in the game. And it was too bad that the monsters the party had reared in the past in Anambra bared their fangs this much.

The Police stand
The State Police Commissioner, Mr. Leha, following the high profile of the incident and the interest in the matter, addressed the press, where he insinuated that the kidnap might not have been unconnected with those against Soludo’s candidature.
Leha had said: “Once again, it is my pleasure to address you on the prevailing security situation in Anambra State. The past two months, Anambra State has witnessed peace and tranquility devoid of violent bank robbery and high society kidnaps.

“An era that has witnessed mass arrest of previous armed robbers/kidnappers and recovery of their weapons of mass destruction until just yesterday (Tuesday) when a five-man armed gang of kidnappers, operating in Mercedes Benz 190 saloon car, black in colour, kidnapped Chief Simeon Soludo, a 78-year-old father of Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo, the immediate past governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and one of the frontline gubernatorial aspirant in Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra State.
“It is instructive to note, based on intelligence reports, crime statistics and survey carried out by the State police Command that they are primarily two kinds of insecurity in the state: Insecurity caused by criminals who deliberately target well-meaning individuals in the society, which could be anyone as long as they think he is wealthy enough to part with some hefty sum. This has been tactically scaled down by the strategies put in place by the command and for the past two months, we have had it smooth and easy here.
“The second and the most dangerous phase is insecurity sponsored by politicians. Just yesterday (Tuesday), some group of politicians held a meeting at Emmaus House, Awka where scathing remarks were made on the person of Professor Charles Soludo. Just after the meeting, Chief Simeon Soludo was kidnapped and it is left for people to speculate who did it, and for what reasons.

“The Anambra State Police Command wishes to reiterate its earlier warning and very strongly too, that it cannot fold hands while politicians make nonsense of all the gains made. The Command will not, and cannot be intimidated, henceforth; the Command will deal very decisively with any politicians found to be fermenting trouble either by his action or words.

“The Command also wishes to remind the politicians that the only road to Government House is through the ballot box and not by kidnapping people. Their popularity and acceptance can only be got by propagating and articulating ideas and selling same to the electorates with a view to winning their votes and not by buying the votes.
“This brief statement should serve as a warning to all politicians to follow due process and play to the rules. Once again, the command will not hesitate to deal very ruthlessly with anybody caught causing trouble irrespective of his societal status.”

When asked what police were doing, having fingered those who held the rally, he said that the command had already invited the leader of the party in the state, Chief Chris Uba, for questioning.
The Uba factor
However, the CP’s statement did not go down well with Chris Uba, who saw it as blackmail and an attempt to cow him from continuing his fight against Soludo’s candidature. He had, in response, said that he was never invited by the police and wondered why the CP should say so.

He said: “I am the leader of the party in the state and I have been funding the party since 1999. Soludo is a visitor in the state; he is a visitor in the party; but when he came we started the primaries, and in the delegate election he got only five, and when he got this few votes, Soludo himself went and brought a court order and told me that he brought that court order. Then he later came to my house to beg me for us to discuss. I told him to go first and vacate that court order; he told me the court order cannot be vacated.

“He also told me that he had about three court orders in his pocket given by the same judge, Justice Nwankwo. Then we went to Abuja to do the congress election. Soludo refused that delegates would vote. After that, the NWC rose and said that they were coming back; they went and slotted his name from behind. I will show you his number; he has been calling me, begging me to soft pedal and I said I will not soft pedal; he must vacate because he came in through the backyard and he must leave through the backyard.

“Soludo is not a member of our party. Soludo has not attended meeting anywhere. He went to the Commissioner of Police and told the CP that he should stop us from the rally, but police told us to change the rally to stakeholders meeting. I spoke to the commissioner myself and police were at that rally and I went to the rally and came back, the thing he said was that they kidnapped his father.

“Soludo is a blackmailer and he cannot blackmail me to stop. I will continue to fight the cause I believe in. I will continue to fight his candidature till I get him out of office. He can’t try this in this party; he has spoilt all the banks in Nigeria and he want to come and spoil the party; it can’t happen.
“So he knows the location of his father; let him go and bring back his father. You know Soludo is not at peace with his people; he is fighting with his people; he created an autonomous community.

“My own is the party. I am the leader of the party. I am a BOT member in this party. I am fighting illegality because our president believes in rule of law and we must follow due process.
“Police Commissioner never invited me for one day and it is unfair for him to say so. But tell him I am in my house in Abuja, if he wants to see me, if he invites me I will answer. No blackmail can’t stop me. I must fight on.
“No amount of sympathy will stop me. Soludo knows where his father is; he should get him out. He came in illegally and we will throw him out illegally.
“I am consulting with all my lawyers for a legal action against Soludo and his cronies. However, police in Nigeria know where to see me, if they want me I am available at anytime to answer them.

“I have never been to any police station. EFFC have never invited me and I am not owing any bank anywhere in the world. I want Nigerians to judge me and Soludo who has skeleton in his cupboard.
“I am fighting just cause and I have followers and my followers will not support illegality as exemplified in Soludo’s candidature.”

Insinuations
While those in Soludo’s camp are accusing the opposition of masterminding the kidnap to jolt their principal, make him afraid and possibly abandon the party’s mandate, the aggrieved people who are accused are saying it is diversionary. According to Mr. Chike Anyaonu, a member of the tink-tank of Soludo’s camp, the opposition boasted at their rally that they would chase Soludo out of the state and his father was kidnapped thereafter.

He said “It is desperation on their part; we have seen such things in the past in Anambra State; it is not the first, not the second and not the third. Sometime in 2003, a sitting governor was abducted by the same godfather. He is supposed to be in prison by now because that is treason, but he is walking freely.
“The same group caused mayhem and burnt government property. It is in their character, it is how they work, and that is why we say they are responsible.

“Also at the rally, they held that day, one after the other, they said all manner of things against Soludo and boasted to the crowd that within seven says, something would happen, and that is why the police, who were present are now looking on their way. They did this to cow him, and scuttle his decision to help liberate Anambra State.”

But countering that, one of the aspirants, Dr. Alex Obiogbolu said: “I have always condemned kidnapping and I have always insisted that those involved should be brought to book. Anyone who is found wanting is a criminal and not a politician. The idea of saying that the N500 million ransom was to offset election expenses is not only mischievous but diversional. I sympathize with our great party’s candidate, Prof. Charles Soludo over the kidnap of his father, but people should not give it a political coloration”.

Other factors
Former governor of the state, Dr. Chris Ngige, saw the development as ugly and urged politicians to be civil. His campaign organization had, in a statement, also described the kidnap as political and said: “Our Principal and this campaign organization view this dastardly, anti-social and reckless behaviour in bad taste and calls for the unconditional release of this peaceful old man who has done nothing to merit this crude treatment.
“While sympathizing with Professor Soludo and his family, we call on all politicians from all the opposing political parties, especially the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who have intra party issues, to settle with Professor Soludo, to do so in a civilized and dignified manner.

“Politics is a noble game and should be played as such. Kidnapping of somebody or a member of his or her family can never be the solution to any political problem. At the same time, we continue to repeat what our Principal, His Excellency, Dr. Chris N. Ngige, OON, has continued to say to the Peter Obi administration that security of life and property is the first cardinal responsibility of any government to her citizenry.
“He had, at the last Anambra State Association USA convention at the National Harbor, Washington, DC, over the weekend re-emphasized that the failure of the Obi administration in this respect connotes total failure of government business. One would expect this outgoing, never-do-well government, to protect the lives of the citizenry, until March 17, 2010, when it will park its bag and baggage out of the Government House as a failed Government.

“For theirs is a story of an administration that came in 17th March 2006, inheriting a healthy government and state, but transformed it into a failed government and a failed state.”
A group, under the aegis of Nigeria Renewal Group (NRG) South East Zone, blamed the leadership of the PDP for the kidnap of the party’s standard bearer’s dad.

In a statement by the zonal chairman, Dr. Ejiamatu Chikwado, the group stated that the kidnap of Pa. Soludo was politically motivated, adding that the PDP leadership should be held responsible.
It said: “The national leadership of the PDP since the Colonel Ahmadu Ali days should be held responsible for acts of terrorism, like this one, because it has always rewarded its favoured members who brazenly indulge in all manner of criminal acts even against fellow party members.

“The kidnapping of the PDP candidate’s father apparently by his own party men is what would always happen in a country where crime is rewarded, instead of being punished. Nigeria is not yet a country governed by the rule of law, but by the rule of men. When Dr Chris Ngige was the sitting governor, he was abducted on July 10 2003 by his estranged PDP backers over the sharing of the state’s resources, the PDP rather than arrest and prosecute all those involved in the dastardly act concluded that it was a mere family affair.

“The abductors were thus encouraged to do more dastardly things like the burning of such state institutions as the House of Assembly, the legislators’ quarters, Government House, the state judicial headquarters, broadcasting stations and others in November, 2004, for a whole two days in broad daylight.
“In fact, far from the police arresting the thugs engaged in the carnage and arson against public structures; they were the very people guiding and shielding the destroyers, as even the Nigerian Television Authority showed the world on its network news service. This fact left most people with the impression that the PDP government of General Olusegun Obasanjo was working in cahoots with the masterminds of the mayhem.”

It’s battle for the sould of Anambra
In the midst of accusations and counter accusation, Pa Soludo has not been seen. He appears to be the pawn in the chessboard of Anambra politics. Observers say that it is possible that his abduction is meant to force his son to withdraw from the race for Anambra governorship seat. Others say his son’s camp may have also stage-manged the incident to whip up sentiment. However, what is obvious is that the Uba camp want Soludo out and has actually vowed to do eveything to ensure this. Uba said that himself. However, the curious thing about the kidnap is that the police said the Soludo family had not reported it to them.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2009/oct/31/newsbreak-31-10-2009-002.html
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 2:02am On Oct 31, 2009
Now, the real kind of Nigerian politics begins.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 2:22am On Oct 31, 2009
I am ashamed of the kind of Politics practised in Nigeria. If truely Soludo's father kidnap is politically motivated, now the politics in that state is taking another dimension. I weep for Anambra politics. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 2:53am On Oct 31, 2009
Na wah oh!. I am used to the saying, "the sins of the father, will be visited on the sons". But when the reverse is the case, what happens?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 11:34am On Oct 31, 2009
Oboma1:

Na wah oh!. I am used to the saying, "the sins of the father, will be visited on the sons". But when the reverse is the case, what happens?

Very simple nothing, because the quote is from a Nigerian Bible!. grin grin grin.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by ofala(m): 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2009
Prof. Soludo can easily belive he can transform Anambra state. But let us not forget so quickly that even though he could easily transform the banking system in Nigeria, what we are seeing today is not too-a-happy story! Chris and his brother Andy are definitely nearing their end in Anambra!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 12:05am On Nov 01, 2009
PDP threatens to expel Soludo
Cover StoriesOct 31, 2009
By Vincent Ujumadu, Awka
THE Anambra State branch of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday threatened the governorship candidate of the party, Prof Chukwuma Soludo with expulsion from the party for allegedly accusing members of the party and some of its gubernatorial aspirants of having a hand in the kidnap of his 78 year old father, which, to the party, amounted to describing them as criminals.
In an interview last night, the state publicity secretary of PDP, Mr. Afam Iluno, said that the PDP rally which took place coincidentally on the same day the kidnap occurred had the full backing and approval of the state police command, adding that Soludo was also invited to the rally but he choose not attend the function.
But in a swift reaction, the Soludo Campaign Organization said the threat to expel Prof. Soludo was a huge joke, insisting that there is no executive of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra State. According to the Director of Media and Publicity of Soludo Campaign Organization, Mr. Ngozi Agudosi, who spoke with reporters in Awka, the National leadership of the party has commenced arrangements to set up a Caretaker Committee for the Party in Anambra State.
The publicity secretary of the party had said that the party could no longer tolerate a situation where the image of the party in the state was being dragged to the mud.
“We have heard the story making the rounds about the purported and unfortunate kidnap of the father of Chukwuma Soludo. It is sad that allusions are being made to the PDP as part of the kidnap and again the name of the party’s BOT member Chief Chris Uba being dragged to the mud. In as- much as the party condemns the act of kidnapping, the party shall not fold its hands and watch the party being ridiculed.
“The party still views Soludo as one that is not a good party man by his demonstration of cheap blackmail which is aimed at eroding the gains of PDP in Anambra State. This is anti party and the PDP in Anambra views this as a slap on the image of this great party and it is clear in the constitution what the consequences of anti party are. We are already going through the due process of the law that guides the party and if he is found culpable, he would face expulsion,” Ilounoh said
But Agudosi, speaking for Soludo argued that the executive being represented by Mr. Afam Ilounoh as publicity secretary had expired and therefore has no such powers as claimed.
He said that Soludo never accused the PDP of having a hand in the kidnap of his father, Pa, Simeon Soludo as was alleged by some party members in the state.
Reacting to the statement credited to the state police commissioner, Philemon Leha that Soludo is yet to make an official entry on the kidnap of his father, Agudosi said he disagreed with the commissioner because he doesn’t need to write a petition.
“Soludo is a national and international figure. Every media house in Nigeria has been reporting on that. Besides, the elder brother to Soludo has done that and it is not within the powers of Soludo to do so since he is not the eldest in the family,” he further said.`

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/31/pdp-threatens-to-expel-soludo/comment-page-2/
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 12:07am On Nov 01, 2009
Double wahala for dead body, and the owner for dead body. grin grin grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 12:08am On Nov 01, 2009
Double wahala for dead body, and the owner of dead body. grin grin grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2009
Oboma1:

Double wahala for dead body, and the owner of dead body. grin grin grin

The many troubles of Soludo. God will save him. I wonder who asked him to dabble into politics, and Nigerian politics for that matter.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by chidichris(m): 8:45am On Nov 02, 2009
in the first place, who told soludo that anambra people want to be like dubai? if those idiots who brought him to light asked him to say like this, he shld have been wise enough to ask them why is nigeria not yet like dubai?
in fact, the kidnap of his father is a step in the right direction as we move to be like dubai.
he is the biggest idiot of our time. we are all tired and bored with all these old and out of fashion lies from good for nothing politicians.
he has made a fool of himself with such a stupid statement.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
chidichris:

in the first place, who told soludo that anambra people want to be like dubai? if those idiots who brought him to light asked him to say like this, he shld have been wise enough to ask them why is nigeria not yet like dubai?
in fact, the kidnap of his father is a step in the right direction as we move to be like dubai.
he is the biggest idiot of our time. we are all tired and bored with all these old and out of fashion lies from good for nothing politicians.
he has made a fool of himself with such a stupid statement.

Na wah oh!. Bros you harsh oh!. You should have waited for the Dad to be released first.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2009
Any idea, has his father been released?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 1:24am On Nov 03, 2009
I lear
Oboma1:

Any idea, has his father been released?

I learnt Police have quizzed Uba, and invited Soludo's family and Soludo himself. That is the latest.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 1:30am On Nov 03, 2009
Kidnap of Pa Soludo: Police invite Soludo

Sylvanus Eze, Awka - 03.11.2009

ANAMBRA State police command has invited Professor Chukwuma Soludo, following the statement said to have been made by Chief Chris Uba, who reported to the office of state Commissioner of Police in Awka, on Monday.

The commissioner, Mr. Philamon Leha, who spoke with newsmen after he had met with Chief Uba and 23 other Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftains in his office, said they got useful information from them and promised to invite them again, should there be any incriminating fact from their statements.

He said the kidnappers had reduced the ransom for the kidnapped father of Professor Soludo to N200 million from the initial N500 million, adding that up till now, they had not arrested anybody in connection with the kidnap.

Mr. Leha said the invitation of Professor Soludo, who reported the case to the police, would help the command to clear certain things that would help them in their investigations.

Chief Uba,who spoke with newsmen as he was coming out from the commissioner’s office, said he was not invited to the police in connection with Pa Soludo’s kidnap, but for the outcome of the meeting they had at Emmaus House in Awka, the day Pa Soludo was kidnapped.

On whether they said anything derogatory against Professor Soludo during the meeting, he said no, adding that he was supprised to be invited on that regard and added that they had surrendered video clips of what they did in the meeting to help the police in their investigations.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/03112009/news/news16.html
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 11:17am On Nov 03, 2009
So long Soludo's father is not found, every Anambra's politician is a suspect. Every aspiring Governorship aspirant, I mean.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
The mistake Soludo did was that, he should have said, "I Will Transform Anambra Into Sudan - Soludo" grin grin grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 10:57am On Nov 04, 2009
Any idea about Soludo's father whereabout?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by citizenY(m): 11:18am On Nov 04, 2009
You should ask the Anambra State Police Commisiioner. The last time he saws him, he was together with
Chris Uba.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2009
But the Police are finding this case a hard nut to crack.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by chidichris(m): 11:39am On Nov 04, 2009
why are people very stingy even with the spending of other people's funds?
the funds in question belongs to the people of nigeria and you are finding it difficult to spend it.
soludo pls give the kidnappers the money bcs it is our money.
pls let the old man be free.
if a person does not get trouble for himself, someone else will get the trouble for him.
the man who wants to transform anambra to dubai is finding it difficult to spend funds in releasing his own father.
i am becoming suspicious of his intentions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? / CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market / Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.