Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo (17719 Views)

Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / Soludo Versus Sanusi? Who Is The Better Reformer? / "You Can't Ban Spraying, It's Our Culture" - KSA To Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by citizenY(m): 11:41am On Nov 04, 2009
Chidi, please embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2009
chidichris:

why are people very stingy even with the spending of other people's funds?
the funds in question belongs to the people of nigeria and you are finding it difficult to spend it.
soludo pls give the kidnappers the money bcs it is our money.
pls let the old man be free.
if a person does not get trouble for himself, someone else will get the trouble for him.
the man who wants to transform anambra to dubai is finding it difficult to spend funds in releasing his own father.
i am becoming suspicious of his intentions.

What if the funds are for bribing the electorates grin grin grin. Funding kidnappers is not lucrative you know.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2009
Police are now searching homes in Anambra, because of the kidnap saga.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by jona2: 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2009
lol. tongue
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 12:14am On Nov 05, 2009
Oboma1:

Police are now searching homes in Anambra, because of the kidnap saga.

Nigerian Police sef, na wah!. What tells them that Soludo's father is in Anambra?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by chidichris(m): 10:27am On Nov 05, 2009
soludo helped obj in safeguiding his loots and protecting his criminal activities while he was the cbn gov so this time arround obj has decided to reward him by handing over anambra to soludo.
this diea of transforming anambra to dubai is old fashioned and boring.
he shld be thinking of other stories as what he has is out of fashion.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2009
chidichris:

soludo helped obj in safeguiding his loots and protecting his criminal activities while he was the cbn gov so this time arround obj has decided to reward him by handing over anambra to soludo.
this diea of transforming anambra to dubai is old fashioned and boring.
he shld be thinking of other stories as what he has is out of fashion.

Don't let Soludo's supporters catch you oh!.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by chidichris(m): 10:55am On Nov 07, 2009
Don't let Soludo's supporters catch you oh!.

@selingel,
ok. thanks for that, as i promise to be careful.
pls in case u see soludo, tell him one of ur friends(me) said, he (soludo) is a very big idiot.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2009
chidichris:

@selingel,
pls in case u see soludo, tell him one of your friends(me) said, he (soludo) is a very big idiot.

Do not say I didn't caution you oh!. Anyway, I have delivered your message. He said I should tell you, he will get back to you, when he collects his change from the kidnappers!. grin grin grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2009
chidichris:

@selingel,
pls in case u see soludo, tell him one of your friends(me) said, he (soludo) is a very big idiot.

Do not say I didn't caution you oh!. Anyway, I have delivered your message. He said I should tell you, he will get back to you, when he collects his "change" from the kidnappers!.  grin grin grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 7:43am On Nov 11, 2009
PDP: No Going Back on Soludo
From Chuks Okocha in Abuja, 11.11.2009
grin grin grin

The decision by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to pick former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, as the party’s candidate in the February 6, 2010 gubernatorial election in Anambra State is final, notwithstanding the protest by other aspirants against the move.
“There will be no going back. We stand firm on the decision of the party, the decision of the party is supreme. So no matter what ever happens, we are not going to rescind our decision but rather to build on it to make sure that Chukwuma Soludo is given all the necessary backing by the party to win the election come 2010,” PDP National Chairman Vincent Ogbulafor said yesterday.
He asked aggrieved members of the party to quit.
But Soludo will on November 16 know if he would remain the PDP candidate for the election.
An Abuja high court presided over by Justice Danlami Senchi had fixed judgment for the day following adoption of arguments by parties in the suit filed by four aggrieved PDP governorship aspirants.
The aspirants had on October 23 obtained an ex-parte order from the court restraining Soludo from parading himself as the candidate of the party on the grounds that his selection was done in flagrant disobedience of an order of an Aguata High Court in Anambra State.
The court order also restrained PDP and Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from recognising Soludo as the party’s gubernatorial candidate, pending the final determination of the substantive suit against him.
Speaking in Abuja when he inaugurated the Osita Ogbu-led Caretaker Committee for Anambra PDP, Ogbulafor said: “Every party or association and town union has constitution that guides them. If you come into an association you better abide by the constitution of that association or town union. When you don’t like it, you quietly walk out.”
The caretaker committee was inaugurated after the event was stalled two days ago as Ogbulafor was invited to the Presidential Villa, Abuja over Anambra crisis.
“PDP has a constitution that guides us and we stick to our constitution and we don’t see why people should be taking the party to court. The party you belong and you take us to court, it is unbecoming,” the PDP chairman said.
Ogbulafor called on all former governorship aspirants that have gone to court to challenge the party’s decision in the selection of Soludo/Anosike governorship ticket to join hands to ensure that the party wins the governorship election.
He urged them to ensure that Soludo becomes the next governor of the state, stating: “Your assignment is to make sure that we put all hands on deck to deliver Anambra to the PDP. It is a big challenge that we are giving you in trust.”
Meanwhile, the PDP Deputy National Chairman, Dr. Harilu Mohammed Bello, has lashed out at opposition political parties in the country, calling them vultures that cannot win election through the ballot boxes.
“There are political vultures in this country that have no hope of winning election at the ballot box,” he said, stating that PDP would not allow the “political vultures to disrupt the political system.
“We as the leading party will lead by example and to ensure that the political process is carried out in a very cordial atmosphere. We as a political party will not allow such people into the political process in this country.”
Bello appealed to PDP members to be law abiding, saying “we expect all those who love PDP who are genuine members of PDP to honour the leadership by being law-abiding.”

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=159489
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2009
Whether other candidates likes it or not, that Dubai, must arrive Anambra state - Ogbulafor grin grin grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by AjanleKoko: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2009
Kind of like Carlos Alberto Torres' fav quotes, when he signed up briefly to coach the Super Eagles in '95:

'I will transform Nigeria into Brazil of our time.'

'I will turn Okocha into the Pele of our time.'

'I need to dash back to Brazil briefly - see you soon!' . . . and he was never seen in these parts again!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by chidichris(m): 10:36am On Nov 11, 2009
soldubai,
you are playing from the wrong position in the pitch.
the kidnapping of your father is a just the sample dose of what the anambra ppl have in stock for u because of your plans to take them back to egypt their rejected land.
ngige and peter obi have not brought them this far for you to leaving the bank to take them back.
pls go and be the gov of ogun state that is where obj shld be the kingmaker and not in anambra.
obasanjo has no power over who shld lead the anambra people.
u and ur papa obj must give anambra ppl to choose their own leader.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2009
chidichris:

soldubai,
you are playing from the wrong position in the pitch.
the kidnapping of your father is a just the sample dose of what the anambra ppl have in stock for u because of your plans to take them back to egypt their rejected land.
ngige and peter obi have not brought them this far for you to leaving the bank to take them back.
pls go and be the gov of ogun state that is where obj shld be the kingmaker and not in anambra.
obasanjo has no power over who shld lead the anambra people.
u and your papa obj must give anambra ppl to choose their own leader.

What about now that PDP Chairman is saying, "Is Soludo or never"?.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2009
From all indication, can we say, Soludo is the governor-in-waiting in Anambra? This is arrived at based on all the noise coming from Soludo, Goodluck Jonathan, and other dignitaries including serving governors that will be attending Soludo's campaign.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2009
Anambra 2010: INEC yet to include Soludo as candidate
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka
Friday, November 20, 2009

More Stories on This Section
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is yet to publish the names of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) standard bearer, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, and his deputy, Senator Emma Anosike, as candidates in the February 6, 2010 gubernatorial election in Anambra state.
This is despite the striking out of the suit challenging their emergence as the governorship candidates of PDP by an Abuja High Court on Monday.

INEC had refused publication of PDP candidates’ particulars alongside other parties’ candidates at the state headquarters, Awka, on the strength of the same court order before it was vacated on Monday.
Though the INEC Chairman, Prof. Maurice Iwu, had earlier said the Commission had not given green light to any of the candidates whose particulars were forwarded to INEC by their various political parties to contest the election, the Commission, in Anambra, had published particulars of all the candidates except that of the PDP on their notice board.

However, when contacted on the absence of the PDP candidates’ particulars, the State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Chief Rowland Uwa, said that PDP candidate’s issue was a matter for the INEC headquarters.
Disclosing that he had not received any directive from his headquarters to include Soludo’s name or not, Uwa said, “I cannot speak on the issue of Soludo’s candidacy because this is a matter that is left with the Commission in Abuja and you do not tell us on the pages of the newspapers that an order has been vacated.

“Presently, we have not received any directive or memo saying that the court order has been vacated and as such, we should act according to this development. Besides, no one has served us with the court process, indicating that the order is vacated.
“Again, since the matter is with Abuja High Court, the Commission has to act on that and inform us. I am not the Commission; I am just a Resident Electoral Commissioner.”
When contacted, officers of the Soludo Campaign Organisation who were very busy planning their activities refused to comment on the issue.

But one, who pleaded anonymity, said that the issue of including Soludo’ name was not worrying them because they know that it would take some administrative processes.
“My brother, you know the order was just struck out on Monday and you know it has to go through administrative processes before getting to the REC in Awka. So, I don’t think there is any game being played by INEC.”
The aggrieved party in the controversial PDP gubernatorial candidacy had gone back to the court to ask that the status rhar made Soludo inegible remained until the main suit had been resolved.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/nov/20/national-20-11-2009-00-007.htm
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2009
INEC please stop acting drama. We already know your game plan.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
The way Soludo and PDP are going about, I smell a rat!.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2009
Anambra 2010: It’ll be ‘packaged victory’ for Soludo –Prophet
22 November, 2009 12:18:00 By INNOCENT OKONKWO

Primate Babatunde Elijah Ayodele has predicted that the poll winner in the February governorship election in Anambra State would be denied his mandate which would trigger a widespread anarchy. He advised Nigerians to pray fervently for peace, noting that dark smoke has enveloped the entire state.

He said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate would secure a ‘packaged victory’ to govern Anambra State in 2010.

Ayodele also predicted 3rd place winner for the Super Eagles during the Nations’ Cup in Angola, but said the team would perform woefully during the World Cup in South Africa.

The seer, who is credited with some accurate predictions on national issues over the years, also said Eagles’ handler, Amodu Shuaibu, would be relieved of his job as the national team coach.

The cleric had in his predictions earlier published in our sister stable, Daily Champion of July 7, 2009 said Nigeria’s U-17 team would play well in the just concluded FIFA World Cup but would not retain the trophy and that the Super Eagles would qualify for the first World Cup in African by a stroke of luck.

Ayodele told Sunday Champion in an interview in his Lagos office that the Anambra poll has been rigged and packaged waiting to be delivered to Prof Chukwuma Soludo of the PDP. He said Soludo’s ‘packaged victory’ would trigger spontaneous reaction that will have a negative consequence on Nigeria.

"God has revealed the person that will win the election but they will not give that person the chance to rule. It is not Peter Obi or Chris Ngige. Soludo will not win but he will have a ‘packaged victory’ to govern Anambra State. The election will not be smooth, it will be full of rigging and ballot box snatching will be the order of the day.

"Anambra needs prayer in 2010. The people’s choice will not be installed as the governor. It is not an election that cannot be decided by votes. It is going to be an election of bribe. A lot of gimmicks will surround the election. If care is not taken, Anambra election will trigger a lot of problems that will have unpleasant consequences for Nigeria.

"I am not against any body, if you like counter it, you can call me any thing, and it does not bother me. The only one I am afraid of is God.

Let me repeat it, PDP will win Anambra through a packaged victory. But there is going to be anarchy after the election.

He, however, warned Soludo to watch his back, saying that some of his friends would betray him.

"Many people who are pretending to be Soludo’s friends will stab him in the back. Let us pray to save lives in Anambra during this election", he said.

On Andy Uba’s failed bid, Ayodele said Uba failed because of his ignorance, noting that he did not listen to the voice of God.

"He did not listen to what the Lord said. He did not hear the true voice of God. If he had heard the voice of God, he would have been there. We warned him but he ignored the warning", he said.

To Nigerian soccer lovers who may be nursing the dream of seeing the Super Eagles lift the gold during the Nation’s Cup in Angola, Ayodele said: "I want to say this again that Nigeria is going to the Nations’ Cup at Angola and will come 3rd. Nigeria is coming back with the bronze.

"I want to say it again that Super Eagles will flop in South Africa during the World Cup; we will not perform. I want to say it to Nigerians again that Shuaibu Amodu will be sacked disgracefully", he said.

The cleric said many people would be indicted in the probe of financial scandal during the recently concluded world youth soccer championship in Nigeria.

Ayodele who described himself as a mere instrument in the hands of God, said that God is using him to communicate divine revelations and messages to Nigerians, adding that he would continue to communicate future occurrences to the nation without fear or favour, irrespective of the opinions of people about such prophecies and predictions.

"It is unfortunate that we lost the U-17 cup but when the publication came out on July 7, 2009, a lot of people would say that we did not know what we were talking about and many others dismissed the prophecy. We prophesied that the Super Eagles had a slim chance, very slim chance that it would be tough but that they would scale through.

"That is kudos to the Word of God. It is kudos to the Almighty God who has been using me as His vessel to communicate this message to Nigerians without fear or favour", he said.

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=22713
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2009
selingel:

[

Primate Babatunde Elijah Ayodele has predicted that the poll winner in the February governorship election in Anambra State would be denied his mandate which would trigger a widespread anarchy. He advised Nigerians to pray fervently for peace, noting that dark smoke has enveloped the entire state.

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=22713

I am tired of such predictions. Even the one above can be predicted by anybody. These people are not GOD!.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by dozie76(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2009
What are saying about Soludo.Mention his wrong deeds .People who are not well informed should not air their ignorance in a public.The audit report that was made public who started it.Where on earth can audit be carried out within one week.Soludo commissioned the audit before leaving office because in his wisdom ,he has known the evil going on in the Banking industry.
Mention where Soludo collaborated with the criminals called bank Directors in making nigeria financial sector a den of robbers.

Please be fair for once.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Otobroto(f): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2009
Ngige has challenged INEC and Soludo to conduct a free and fair elections and see how disappointed Soludo will be. This is a serious challenged to INEC and PDP.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by babalawo(m): 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2009
I hope He get there but soon afterwards Many NIGERIANS will see that a GOVERNOR is highly handicapped in this country called NIGERIA.
what can he do about the nigerian police in anambra-Nill
what can he do to the eastern nigeria erosion problems-NIll
what can he do to revolutionize the transport system there rail? road air? Nill u still have to transport ur wares thru benin -ore road to get to Dubai!!!!!

U cant run from ur shadows we must remove the cancer in Nigeria first b4 someone can talk of transformation!
good luck to him
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2009
babalawo:

I hope He get there but soon afterwards Many NIGERIANS will see that a GOVERNOR is highly handicapped in this country called NIGERIA.
what can he do about the nigerian police in anambra-Nill
what can he do to the eastern nigeria erosion problems-NIll
what can he do to revolutionize the transport system there rail? road air? Nill u still have to transport your wares thru benin -ore road to get to Dubai!!!!!

U cant run from your shadows we must remove the cancer in Nigeria first b4 someone can talk of transformation!
good luck to him

I was really disgusted by the reasoning expressed in your post above and felt to tell you of it. Is Fashola governor in another country? Is Lagos not in the same Nigeria ? Is this list an attempt, by you to PRE-REGISTER your excuses for a SOLUDO government should it fall short, as is usual in Nigeria?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by babalawo(m): 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2009
@kobojunkie

U have the right to be disgusted. You asked if they were excuses? never !- But the fact remains that the Nigerian systems is a huge limitation to any aspiring or current transfromational governor in Nigeria.

U accept it or not,states are not independent of the FG like you will find in a country that wants to develop and it is not possible for any outstanding transformation to happen in any state in Nigeria with the system we have.Even if God came down to rebuild Nigeria he would first of all deal with the system.AND I THINK ANY RIGHT THINKINg NIGERIAn SHOULD THINK IN THIS DIRECTION UNLESS U DONT HAVE GUT TO TELL THE TRUTH.

About Fashola (to answer Ur question) He's a Governor in Nigeria! right ?-and I am not gravely disappointed at his works, even Ameachi ( i call him the best thing PDP has done for Nigeria)

, but the fact remains the Nigeria of today Is a HUGE LIMITATION to any transformation leadership!

Do u think Fashola wouldn't have achieved better in Power generation if states were allowed to generate and distribute power?He will have to wait till Kastina state can generate power!

Do u think Fashola woundn't have worked out a first class policing system if the Constitution allowed him? He will have to wait till the federal charater system is considers that the last two police commissioner in lagos were from the south south!

Do U think Rivers state can't have a petroleum company that will drive NNPC out of market?-the Nigerian system will not allow!-

Do u think its unheard that a state government or even a municipal council can bid and host a world class sporting event-imagine delta state bidding for the Commonwealth games-can your system allow it? As long as Kaura Nomoda cant hold the local government games nothing as such will be allowed to happen

Come think about a Lagos port under the control of a governor like Fashola?-

The best of brains in transformational leadership can only pacify the people in the type of system we pratice in Nigeria.

Mark me and I remain stubborn at asserting that NO REALAND LASTING DEVELOPEMENT CAN Happen under this system.

I hope Ur more disgusted cos its all about perception- I say the Engine is grossly faulty you say the driver is good and fit to drive!!! carry go driver we will meet in the middle of the journey -where? of course! at the starting point!!!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2009
Saturday, December 05, 2009

Anambra 2010: Appeal Court Stops Soludo
From Lemmy Ughegbe, Abuja

THE Court of Appeal, Abuja Division yesterday pulled the brakes on the gubernatorial ambition of former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Chukwuma Soludo, as it restrained all parties to the dispute arising from his candidacy as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) standard bearer from taking further step on it.

Specifically, the Court ordered that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), PDP and Soludo maintain status ante bellum with regard to the former CBN Governor's status as the PDP governorship candidate for February 6, next year's election in Anambra State.

In the interim injunction granted yesterday, the Appeal Court restrained the PDP, INEC and Soludo from presenting, recognizing and parading the ex-CBN governor in that order as the PDP governorship candidate in the Anambra polls.

Although no party sought the order, the Justice Mary Odili-led panel opted to give it apparently to preserve the res (subject matter of the dispute).

But Soludo who spoke with reporters yesterday said he had appealed to the Supreme Court against the Appeal Court order on three grounds.

The former CBN governor said he has also asked for a stay of execution of the appellate court's order.

It would be recalled that the appellants, including Valentine Ozoigbo, Nkoli Imo, and Ferdinand Okoye, had earlier argued before an Abuja High Court that the PDP had violated its own rules and electoral law in choosing Soludo as the party's candidate but lost the suit.

Following defeat, they went before the Court of Appeal praying it to set aside the ruling of the lower court.

Justice Odili, in a ruling on whether or not to grant the appellants an interim injunction yesterday, said, "We are not unaware of the essence of time in this appeal."

Hence, the court fixed December 14, this year in order for the PDP to respond to the pending motion so that the matter would progress.

Earlier counsel to PDP, Olusola Oke, who is also the party's National Legal Adviser, had told the court to discountenance the oral application of the appellants since he was not served, stressing that, "I am yet to see even one page of the motion."

He prayed the court to adjourn the matter so that he could get the motion and respond accordingly. Besides, Oke prayed the court to refuse the oral application on grounds that the Appellants failed to place any material evidence before the court to support their prayers and that they cannot be compensated for their own wrongdoing, that is not serving the respondent as ordered by the court.

In the same vein, Counsel to Soludo, Patrick Ikwueto (SAN), told the court that granting the application of the appellants would amount to subterfuge to the main order they sought to obtain in this appeal. He cited the case of Nwosu Vs Nnajiuba to support his argument.

In addition, he told the court not to allow it to be used as an "engine of operation and hardship in stopping a process of democratic governance."

Also, addressing the court before the ruling, Counsel to INEC, Amaechi Nwaiwu (SAN), told the court that his client "is an independent party in this matter" and that granting or refusing any application is at the discretion of the court.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article03//indexn2_html?pdate=051209&ptitle=Anambra%202010:%20Appeal%20Court%20Stops%20Soludo
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2009
Anambra and her politics, what a way not to thread!. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2009
Infact, Anambra and her political woes and shame. We are waiting for more drama as it unfolds.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by ijele(m): 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2009
Dr. Andy Uba is right person to govern Anambra,though hate by many but he's better than all de aspirants[b][/b]
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Otobroto(f): 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2009
I learnt he is now Governorship Candidate for Labour Party.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by selingel: 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
2010: Soludo ’s victory, boost to my candidature —Ekwunife
National NewsDec 21, 2009

AWKA—Following the euphoria that attended the return of Professor Charles Soludo to the Anambra governorship race, the only female contender to the Government House Awka, Iyom Uche Ekwunife of Progressive Party Alliance (PPA) has said that the Supreme Court respite for Soludo is affirmatively positive to her candidature.

According to her, “it will enable me win a wholesome and unblemished democratic mandate.”
Responding to concerns expressed by her supporters at a rally in Njikoka, Anambra State, Mrs. Ekwunife said that the message of change she personify in her campaign, “accommodates lawful desire of every Anambrarian to equally so aspire, including Professor Soludo, because that way, my eventual and assured victory will be spared the distraction of face saving complaints for exclusion.”

“I honestly welcome Professor Soludo back. I urge him and other aspirants to disengage from the routine of tirades and invectives, but apply their talents to canvassing real issues using the tool of persuasion and conviction.
“I have worked hard to sell my programmes to the people and will continue to work even harder, so that at the end of the day, our victory will be certain and unimpaired.”
Being humourous to the development, she said, “I possibly might need his restless intellect actually in my government.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/21/2010-soludo-s-victory-boost-to-my-candidature-%E2%80%94ekwunife/

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? / CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market / Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.