Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances (19452 Views)

Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / Dalung Sends Two U-23 Players And Three Officials Back To Nigeria / Photos: Nigeria’s U-23 Team Arrive Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Emimoney(m): 9:00am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
in the western world, the country is rich. nigeria is poor. nigerians are suffering. two different scenario
Nigeria is a very rich country, senators are being paid millions of Naira everymonth, where did they get the money? Nigeria is not poor, just that african mentality doesn't allow politicans to do their work well, they rather gather money for their unborn generations than pay our players
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by molydonhenry(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2016
wayodude:
It seems Denmark are well priced at 7/2.
You re kidding right? bleeping 4.5 odd, then i'l go for denmark +1.5
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by justmi1: 9:06am On Aug 12, 2016
All these boys should go and sit down jhor or go to hell, na only them? In fact, they should come back already, they are stupid, Is it not their mate that sponsored her self to the Olympics, cos they qualified they are feeling proud, these guys are well to do, and their success will benefit them more than any Nigerian or will I be given a medal or money, their performance can lead them to greater heights, but they chose to grumble and whine like babies, we stay awake to watch them and give them our support, we don't earn a dime from that. The country is bad, things ain't right, bad governance, to say the worst, but what happened to patriotism?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by onyidon21: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2016
inasmuch as i dnt support govt on dis,the boys should show some level of patriotism not for d country but for d sake of we fans

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2016
Emimoney:
Nigeria is a very rich country, senators are being paid millions of Naira everymonth, where did they get the money? Nigeria is not poor, just that african mentality doesn't allow politicans to do their work well, they rather gather money for their unborn generations than pay our players
[b]Truth be told, nigeria is a poor country. for a country of 180 million people its poor. if the oil wealth was shared equally amongst everyone we will all starve to death because 180 million is a lot of people. what you have is the illusion of wealth when you see a few people sharing it and having lots so you tend to think its a rich country, but let me digress

there is this girl in USA, a nigerian rower, she is a very smart girl. she knows what she is doing. she did not involve nigeria in financing her olympics dream. she sourced the money all by herself not because she is a very patriotic woman. she is very smart. she knows going to the olympics will be the biggest advertisement she would need in her life and she will propel into wealth and fame from there. so she got her own sponsors privately. you see what i am saying ? thats a smart person who knows the benefit and privilege of being allowed to represent her country so much so that she chose to sponsor herself to do it. this is because she knows the benefits to herself after the olympics. IT IS A PRIVILEGE AND A HONOR TO BE ALLOWED TO REPRESENT YOUR COUNTRY AND YOU SHOULD DO THAT SHYTT FOR FREE IF YOU HAVE THE MEANS TO.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by joeyarticles: 9:10am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
these greedy boys need to be slapped. they are all rich. spend your own money. after-all you are there for your own glory and to get european clubs to see you shine. ungrateful fools. in fact you have to pay nigeria to represent us in the olympics because we know you are there for your own glory. money grabbers.

Foolery at its peak!!!!
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Slimszy: 9:14am On Aug 12, 2016
They should pls.... I cant imagine representing a country that doesn't care nor give a damn about me.... To hell with the govt....they keep breaching the social contract
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Emimoney(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
[b]Truth be told, nigeria is a poor country. for a country of 180 million people its poor. if the oil wealth was shared equally amongst everyone we will all starve to death because 180 million is a lot of people. what you have is the illusion of wealth when you see a few people sharing it and having lots so you tend to think its a rich country, but let me digress

there is this girl in USA, a nigerian rower, she is a very smart girl. she knows what she is doing. she did not involve nigeria in financing her olympics dream. she sourced the money all by herself not because she is a very patriotic woman. she is very smart. she knows going to the olympics will be the biggest advertisement she would need in her life and she will propel into wealth and fame from there. so she got her own sponsors privately. you see what i am saying ? thats a smart person who knows the benefit and privilege of being allowed to represent her country so much so that she chose to sponsor herself to do it. this is because she knows the benefits to herself after the olympics. IT IS A PRIVILEGE AND A HONOR TO BE ALLOWED TO REPRESENT YOUR COUNTRY AND YOU SHOULD DO THAT SHYTT FOR FREE IF YOU HAVE THE MEANS TO.[/b]
where do u expect them to get money? To steal and be burnt? The thing here is Our president is not interested in sports, he sees sports as a waste of time, after the under-17 won the world cup, he only gave them N20,000 each, isn't that enough proof that buhari hates sport
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by jhidey08(m): 9:15am On Aug 12, 2016
oloriooko:
And the useless Pinnick went ahead to employ white guy as super eagle coach with a monthly pay of $40k angry
Is there a curse on NFF? Or these guys are just wicked trying to ruin our football?
in as much as I agree that Pinnick is a very useless man, and has misplaced priorities. I want 2 let u know that the U23 team are to be catered for by the Ministry of Sports cos they're there as "Team Nigeria" throughout their stay in Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by jhidey08(m): 9:19am On Aug 12, 2016
Emimoney:
where do u expect them to get money? To steal and be burnt? The thing here is Our president is not interested in sports, he sees sports as a waste of time, after the under-17 won the world cup, he only gave them N20,000 each, isn't that enough proof that buhari hates sport
people can lie for Africa grin. .
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 9:20am On Aug 12, 2016
Emimoney:
AND BEFORE THE EUROPEANS INTRODUCED ALL THIS ORGANIZED SPORTS WERE YOUR GREAT GRANDFATHERS NOT SURVIVING ? of course sports is a waste of time and money. only rich countries who have more money than sense indulge in that nonsense. it is a greco-roman tradition. so buhari is the sane one here while you are the insane one. you just like to dey copy copy oyinbo tradition

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Slimszy: 9:21am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:

Oh... U said it all... Nigerian born in USA... Bro...our players knows well all the corrupt practices unfolding in the country... I cant be patriotic to a country who doesnt care about me nor fulfill her promises regarding social contract which entails security, welfarism, education, infrastructural development, good governance, job opportunities and the likes... Its impossible... That lady is actually being patriotic being a Nigerian in diaspora knowing fully well that all the stress down here aint her concern and not affected by it...hence she needs a name for herself and fame....
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by jhidey08(m): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2016
Emimoney:
people can lie for Africa grin. So u believe everything u see online, smh. 20,000 naira cannot even buy a pair of boot those boys used. In as much as the FG isn't doing too well in financing these teams, spreading erroneous things isn't d way out.
I remember in 2012 Olympic games, while African countries were promising millions of Naira for any medals won, USA told her athletes that $1 will not be given 2dem even if they win 200gold medals, it's a thing of pride to represent ur country. These guys are not patriotic.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by obc: 9:21am On Aug 12, 2016
Clap for yourself!..Working for your country without food? Or you don't know money is required to buy food and other needs? Your sycophancy is type A.
AlphaCentauri:
to represent my country ? thats not work. thats an honor and priviliege to be picked to represent your country. imagine the recognition you will get after ? in fact i will pay nigeria if they let me represent them in olympics

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Slimszy: 9:22am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:

Oh... U said it all... Nigerian born in USA... Bro...our players knows well all the corrupt practices unfolding in the country... I cant be patriotic to a country who doesnt care about me nor fulfill her promises regarding social contract which entails security, welfarism, education, infrastructural development, good governance, job opportunities and the likes... Its impossible... That lady is actually being patriotic being a Nigerian in diaspora knowing fully well that all the stress down here aint her concern and not affected by it...hence she needs a name for herself and fame....
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Ifebazz(m): 9:22am On Aug 12, 2016
Omo strike is the way to go my folks. If they don't get paid now (God forbid they lose) then the Daura dollard and the Lying Muhammed will tell them tomorrow that PDP used the money meant to pay them yesterday to rig election in 2015. Nothing works again.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 9:22am On Aug 12, 2016
Slimszy:

if the country does not care about you then why do you want to go and represent it for the olympics ? if there is someone i know who does not care about me i will stay far away from them and not try to represent them. receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Emimoney(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
AND BEFORE THE EUROPEANS INTRODUCED ALL THIS ORGANIZED SPORTS WERE YOUR GREAT GRANDFATHERS NOT SURVIVING ? of course sports is a waste of time and money. only rich countries who have more money than sense indulge in that nonsense. it is a greco-roman tradition. so buhari is the sane one here while you are the insane one. you just like to dey copy copy oyinbo tradition
pathetic follow
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Haryohdeji(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
these greedy boys need to be slapped. they are all rich. spend your own money. after-all you are there for your own glory and to get european clubs to see you shine. ungrateful fools. in fact you have to pay nigeria to represent us in the olympics because we know you are there for your own glory. money grabbers.
KI LELE YI SOO BAYI
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2016
obc:
Clap for yourself!..Working for your country without food? Or you don't know money is required to buy food and other needs? Your sycophancy is type A.
if you dont have food you will not be at the olympics. people without food dont have time for sports. those boys at the olympics are all rich. they all play for european or asian clubs
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Emimoney(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2016
jhidey08:
people can lie for Africa grin. So u believe everything u see online, smh. 20,000 naira cannot even buy a pair of boot those boys used. In as much as the FG isn't doing too well in financing these teams, spreading erroneous things isn't d way out.
I remember in 2012 Olympic games, while African countries were promising millions of Naira for any medals won, USA told her athletes that $1 will not be given 2dem even if they win 200gold medals, it's a thing of pride to represent ur country. These guys are not patriotic.
buhari is a very stingy president
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by holysainbj(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
children of this days tho...
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Slimszy: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2016
jhidey08:

It might interest you to know that an average American is patriotic owing to their History, Experience and Reality...they have a functioning and responsive government unlike here in Nigeria... Our govt is bad...and they dont care about us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by saintdennis(m): 9:26am On Aug 12, 2016
oloriooko:
And the useless Pinnick went ahead to employ white guy as super eagle coach with a monthly pay of $40k angry
Is there a curse on NFF? Or these guys are just wicked trying to ruin our football?

Azzin that man should be jailed...

We complaining of forex scarcity he's signing an unknown whitey to help them siphon money.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by jhidey08(m): 9:26am On Aug 12, 2016
Emimoney:
u have no common sense, only mikel obi is the only rich guy there, others are playing in Nigeria premier league, how do u expect them to be rich?
shhhh, stop saying what u dunno, u'll only look like a fool that way. Only 3 of those players play in the Nigerian League, 1 in South Africa, and d remaining are Foreign based.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Gassa007: 9:26am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
I feel like slapping you, for real
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Emimoney(m): 9:29am On Aug 12, 2016
jhidey08:
shhhh, stop saying what u dunno, u'll only look like a fool that way. Only 3 of those players play in the Nigerian League, 1 in South Africa, and d remaining are Foreign based.
thanks oya go bye
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Johnrake69: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2016
Emimoney:

Bros Nigeria is a very poor country, but, AlphaCentauri is making no sense at all. We can't pay politicians and fail to pay our sports men and women who are prone to all kinds of life threatening injuries. Nigeria has a perfect record of mistreating her heroes. So, if threatening to boycott will make her do the right thing so be it.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by saintdennis(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2016
justmi1:
All these boys should go and sit down jhor or go to hell, na only them? In fact, they should come back already, they are stupid, Is it not their mate that sponsored her self to the Olympics, cos they qualified they are feeling proud, these guys are well to do, and their success will benefit them more than any Nigerian or will I be given a medal or money, their performance can lead them to greater heights, but they chose to grumble and whine like babies, we stay awake to watch them and give them our support, we don't earn a dime from that. The country is bad, things ain't right, bad governance, to say the worst, but what happened to patriotism?

You just summarised the term patriotism... things are hard right now, if they are not ready they should be blacklisted and compulsorily RETIRED from nigerian football
( EVER REPRESENTING THE NIGERIAN NATION)

This crap has to stop, you don't embarrass the whole nation abroad, you write down your complains and go submit your grievances with the appropriate authorities...even the president.

Those boys need collect disloyalty beating
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by TryBanMeMod: 9:31am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:

I really want to beat the shit outta you with this kinda post. I want to find you and beat you mercilessly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by jhidey08(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2016
Emimoney:
buhari is a very stingy president
grin grin may be. But the Ministry of Sports no dey try. That Minister of Sports na mistake, big wrong number.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Slimszy: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
if the country does not care about you then why do you want to go and represent it for the olympics ? if there is someone i know who does not care about me i will stay far away from them and not try to represent them. receive sense

Oh... You are just a sycophant or a cretin... Do you even know how to read and understand? Those guys said they will boycott a match owing to the failure of the govt paying their allowances... They had an agreement earlier...team Nigeria has fulfilled theirs...now the govt is playing politics... An agreement has been breached...those guys are not gullible.... People like you are the ones that keep encouraging the govt in their evil deeds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Romelu Lukaku Will Return To Serie A' - The Striker's Agent Confirms / Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw / Uche Kalu And Pregnant Fiancée Ada Are Expecting Their First Child!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.