Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances (19451 Views)

Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / Dalung Sends Two U-23 Players And Three Officials Back To Nigeria / Photos: Nigeria’s U-23 Team Arrive Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by jhidey08(m): 9:59am On Aug 12, 2016
saintdennis:

Didn't they know that already?

Were they begged to represent us? They went to a training camp to prove and get picked for the Olympic team.

I ain't against their protests...they must be paid their entitlements BUT do not embarrass the nation, siasia THAT ONLINE NEWSPAPERS CLAIMED WANTS TO QUIT THE TEAM should tell me WHICH CLUB/COUNTRY WILL HIRE HIM.

Seriously i'll like to know? How come it's NIGERIA LEAGUE he keeps seeing work? Let's not fool ourselves NFF national team job is as good as it gets for most of these guys.

They have the right to show their anger...but refusing to train? Threatening to abandon match?? That's basically lack of professionalism & commitment (like they DO NOT FEEL THEY CAN BEAT DENMARK?)
u nailed it bro
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by jhidey08(m): 10:00am On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 10:00am On Aug 12, 2016
gbens2000:
ave been reading reading ur post offline,u were making some sense in ur statements untill u made it worse by saying this,we pay our politicians millions every month even their allowances alone is in crazy millions, my brother dont be too biased in ur reasoning.we are all praying for this government to succeed but its obvious u are for apc.
brother you are the one in error, WE DO NOT PAY OUR POLITICIANS MILLIONS IN WAGES AND ALLOWANCE, OUR POLITICIANS TAKE THE MILLIONS BECAUSE THEY ARE IN POWER. ITS CALLED STRONG-ARM DAYLIGHT ROBBERY. so dont confuse the two. we dont pay them, they take it because they are in power.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Emimoney(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2016
jhidey08:
undecided
who u epp undecided u don baff
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Slimszy: 10:08am On Aug 12, 2016
jhidey08:
give me a team that has boycotted a match and has gone scot free.
Well, lemme give u an example. In 2008, Zamfara United were 2 play Gateway FC of Abeokuta in Zamfara, d former Asst Coach of Zamfara was their coach (gateway fc) that tym. Zamfara United were owing their players like 5months salary + allowances, d visiting Coach capitalized on that, 2 of Zamfara United players were given an equivalent of 2months salary by Gateway United coach 2 fix d match, the players went on and missed one penalty each in that match, Zamfara United play draw in that match and discovered later in the night that those players were paid 2 do what dey did. Their contracts were terminated with immediate effect and their matter was reported 2d NFF, the players licence were seized and were relegated 2 playing Street football, that marked d end of their professional football careers.

Im not convinced... International example is what i need
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Conner44: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
if the country does not care about you then why do you want to go and represent it for the olympics ? if there is someone i know who does not care about me i will stay far away from them and not try to represent them. receive sense

I am viewing all the pages of this thread because of you

I gbadun the way dem dey bash you. The laughter is good for my health

I no dey hate oh. I go follow you self. I like to laugh like this once in a while.

Keep it up
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by MrWhaley: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
if you dont have food you will not be at the olympics. people without food dont have time for sports. those boys at the olympics are all rich. they all play for european or asian clubs
STFU,abeg!!! European clubs,you say? You don't even know much sef and you are arguing blindly. An Olympic team is only allowed to have 3 senior and established players while the rest MUST be home based. That means 95% of those players ply their trade in our local league,playing for the likes of Enugu Rangers and Aba Warriors.
Tell me,do those kind of players seem WEALTHY to you?? Abi you can work for free for someone when you are wallowing in Poverty because "it's a PRIVILEGE",right?

Ha! This guy just they vex me for here...KEYPAD WARRIOR! undecided
Asian clubs my foot! Get your facts right become jumping out to argue.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by itswell1: 10:19am On Aug 12, 2016
veekid:
Buhari is still the president, he can hear you
If dey dont want to play thats thier business and not Nigeria, after all most of the players will get better offers from clubs. The money will enter thier pocket and not mine or Nigeria coffers. That time don past when they will be threatening Nigeria, we have seen worse jare make dem go sleep for inside bush.
France 98 memory is still very fresh and most of them career nose dived after thier wrangling for money and only JJ Okocha blossom and this is because he played his heart out when we played denmark.
Am not moved because i stop watching Nigeria match because of the players attitude, very suggest on field as if there is nothing at stake.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by jhidey08(m): 10:21am On Aug 12, 2016
Slimszy:

Im not convinced... International example is what i need
grin grin. U can as well do some research on it, u might come across an example.
A player's performance at international (country) level plays a vital role in his success. Take a look at Newcastle United's Cissoko, he wasn't valued at any reasonable amount b4 dis last Euro championships, his country gave him a chance and he made good use of it, he is now valued at around 35million Pounds now.
So u see, those players wouldn't want 2 blow their chances because of $5000 allowance dat is not paid for a lifetime opportunity. Mikel is the only established player among dem o, others are still struggling to find their feet. Only someone who doesn't know how this thing works would beg them not to boycott d match, let them boycott it and c what follows.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by jhidey08(m): 10:22am On Aug 12, 2016
Emimoney:
who u epp undecided u don baff
who baffing don epp undecided
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2016
MrWhaley:

STFU,abeg!!! European clubs,you say? You don't even know much sef and you are arguing blindly. An Olympic team is only allowed to have 3 senior and established players while the rest MUST be home based. That means 95% of those players ply their trade in our local league,playing for the likes of Enugu Rangers and Aba Warriors.
Tell me,do those kind of players seem WEALTHY to you?? Abi you can work for free for someone when you are wallowing in Poverty because "it's a PRIVILEGE",right?

Ha! This guy just they vex me for here...KEYPAD WARRIOR! undecided
Asian clubs my foot! Get your facts right become jumping out to argue.
like a wise man once said ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Johnrake69: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2016
saintdennis:

Didn't they know that already?

Were they begged to represent us? They went to a training camp to prove and get picked for the Olympic team.

I ain't against their protests...they must be paid their entitlements BUT do not embarrass the nation, siasia THAT ONLINE NEWSPAPERS CLAIMED WANTS TO QUIT THE TEAM should tell me WHICH CLUB/COUNTRY WILL HIRE HIM.

Seriously i'll like to know? How come it's NIGERIA LEAGUE he keeps seeing work? Let's not fool ourselves NFF national team job is as good as it gets for most of these guys.

They have the right to show their anger...but refusing to train? Threatening to abandon match?? That's basically lack of professionalism & commitment (like they DO NOT FEEL THEY CAN BEAT DENMARK?)

I really don't agree with you although, I respect your opinion. Amokachi just got hired by a team in Finland and you possibly can't compare Siasia's profile and achievements with that of Amokachi.

The people disgracing Nigeria is our leaders. We had four years to prepare for Olympics. We shouldn't even be battling to fund our participation. Agreed that Nigeria is broke. What about our striving private sector? Nigerian's outfit for the games wasn't branded and why was that? The whole Nigerian Olympics committee should be sacked with immediate effect.

To the issue of commitment, professionalism, and patriotism. For me, you can't force it down. A nation have to earn it. And I honestly don't see any reason why they should play without being paid. Government workers go on strike for issues such as this. Threatening to boycott a match is their only bargaining power so they should use it.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Emimoney(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2016
jhidey08:
who baffing don epp undecided
ask olamide
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Slimszy: 10:26am On Aug 12, 2016
jhidey08:
grin grin. U can as well do some research on it, u might come across an example.
A player's performance at international (country) level plays a vital role in his success. Take a look at Newcastle United's Cissoko, he wasn't valued at any reasonable amount b4 dis last Euro championships, his country gave him a chance and he made good use of it, he is now valued at around 35million Pounds now.
So u see, those players wouldn't want 2 blow their chances because of $5000 allowance dat is not paid for a lifetime opportunity. Mikel is the only established player among dem o, others are still struggling to find their feet. Only someone who doesn't know how this thing works would beg them not to boycott d match, let them boycott it and c what follows.

Humor me... I will do my research... Citing Cissoko is off point
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Dragonking: 10:30am On Aug 12, 2016
Davash222:
UnPatriotic citizens.
You that is patriotic why you no go play without being paid na? Rubbish! angry
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Remix10(m): 10:34am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
these greedy boys need to be slapped. they are all rich. spend your own money. after-all you are there for your own glory and to get european clubs to see you shine. ungrateful fools. in fact you have to pay nigeria to represent us in the olympics because we know you are there for your own glory. money grabbers.

Mumu, receive sense, okponu, these guys are there because of patriotism walahi, do you think if Mikel has been playing all these chelsea friendlies, he won't be given bonus per match more than $150, NFF should do the needful besides they receive alert every month.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 10:41am On Aug 12, 2016
Remix10:

Mumu, receive sense, okponu, these guys are there because of patriotism walahi, do you think if Mikel has been playing all these chelsea friendlies, he won't be given bonus per match more than $150, NFF should do the needful besides they receive alert every month.
DUMMY chelsea is a football business and all their games are monetized by adverts so everybody who participates in their games gets paid. nigeria is not a football business and the country gets no money from adverts when nigeria plays. two different scenarios. next time use your brain to come up with a similar parallel, if your brain is still working that is lolzzzz
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Remix10(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
DUMMY chelsea is a football business and all their games are monetized by adverts so everybody who participates in their games gets paid. nigeria is not a football business and the country gets no money from adverts when nigeria plays. two different scenarios. next time use your brain to come up with a similar parallel, if your brain is still working that is lolzzzz

Coconut head buh u get my point ni, I knw se u no fit think of anoda scenario, I no go help u, think out of the box boy n thank me later..
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2016
Remix10:

Coconut head buh u get my point ni, I knw se u no fit think of anoda scenario, I no go help u, think out of the box boy n thank me later..
you made zero points. try to use ya dusty cobweb brain next time you come up with parallels .
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Makom56(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
these greedy boys need to be slapped. they are all rich. spend your own money. after-all you are there for your own glory and to get european clubs to see you shine. ungrateful fools. in fact you have to pay nigeria to represent us in the olympics because we know you are there for your own glory. money grabbers.
Guy u mumu to the finish
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by millhouse: 11:04am On Aug 12, 2016
Bit the govt has enough money for hajj... Pathetic
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by MrWhaley: 11:16am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
like a wise man once said ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY
Really,niggar? That's your excuse?? Wow!

I rest my case,please..
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by adelacuna(m): 11:18am On Aug 12, 2016
Reading this makes me sick and tired of this administratioin, i cant imagine that I supported this government to take charge. this is change indeed
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 11:18am On Aug 12, 2016
MrWhaley:

Really,niggar? That's your excuse?? Wow!

I rest my case,please..
i dont need excuses, i have laid down the facts. now its up to you to expand your brain and embrace the truth
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by semitunde: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
if the country does not care about you then why do you want to go and represent it for the olympics ? if there is someone i know who does not care about me i will stay far away from them and not try to represent them. receive sense

Exactly. If they think the country doesn't care for them, and they don't care for the country enough to at least do it for free and get recognition from it; they should have simply protested before going, knowing that buhari may cancel the trip altogether.

A beg you make sense jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by MrWhaley: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
i dont need excuses, i have laid down the facts. now its up to you to expand your brain and embrace the truth
You didn't lay down any fact. You were simply being Myopic. Unable to reason beyond your nose.

I won't prolong this argument any further cuz it's obvious you are beyond succour. Bye!
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2016
MrWhaley:

You didn't lay down any fact. You were simply being Myopic. Unable to reason beyond your nose.

I won't prolong this argument any further cuz it's obvious you are beyond succour. Bye!
its SUCCOR not SUCCOUR . bros receive sense na. to write properly you no sabi. walahi your case is beyond redemption
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
semitunde:

Exactly. If they think the country doesn't care for them, and they don't care for the country enough to at least do it for free and get recognition from it; they should have simply protested before going, knowing that buhari may cancel the trip altogether.

A beg you make sense jare.
bros, e be like say common sense is not so common in nigeria and only few people like yourself get am. too many people with no common sense in nigeria. our country is in trouble. too many stupid people in one place lolzz grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Iamthoney(m): 12:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
u get ur own personal company wey dey fetch u cool money no mean sey if u get opportunity to work for anoda company wey suppose pay for ur service and dem no pay u and u voice out no mean sey u greedy my friend...na where man dey work na there him go chop

I go do more than what the boiz dem dey too if I dey their position...hope u dig?
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Iamthoney(m): 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
Emeka71:
Whose business if they loose or not? Footballers are'nt supposed to be paid huge allowance; afterall how does football affect the economy of Nigeria.
Bia enyi where is ur ako na uche? Cheap data plans from airtel and co follow dey make some fellas dey go on social media platforms dey comment foolishly I swear
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Iamthoney:
u get ur own personal company wey dey fetch u cool money no mean sey if u get opportunity to work for anoda company wey suppose pay for ur service and dem no pay u and u voice out no mean sey u greedy my friend...na where man dey work na there him go chop

I go do more than what the boiz dem dey too if I dey their position... hope u dig ?
bros i dont dig. you are on your own. ya new name is OYO
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by ebby9z(m): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:

Pause. Read what you wrote and examine yourself. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top Ten NPFL Goalscorer In The Last 10 Years / Romelu Lukaku Will Return To Serie A' - The Striker's Agent Confirms / Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.