Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances (19415 Views)

Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / Dalung Sends Two U-23 Players And Three Officials Back To Nigeria / Photos: Nigeria’s U-23 Team Arrive Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by ukomko: 11:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
The end seems near for Nigeria’s quest for the Rio Olympic Games gold as the Samson Siasia-tutored U-23 Olympic Eagles have reportedly shunned training and threatened to boycott tomorrow’s quarter-final match against Denmark unless they are paid the balance of their allowances in Brazil.

The team who topped Group B despite going down 2-0 to Colombia Wednesday are following in the steps of the senior national team, the Super Eagles who also protested in Brazil before their second round match against France at the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The Eagles lost 2-0 and crashed out.

It would be recalled also that a similar protest by the U-20 team, the Flying Eagles cost them a match against Sudan who beat them 4-3 in Lagos after a 1-2 home loss in Omdurman.

According to sources from the team’s camp the players the protest is also tied to the unpaid five month salaries and allowances of the coaches which the NFF president, Amaju Pinnick has directed the secretariat to settle with the $60,000 grant received from CAF recently.

Africanfootball.com also quoted a source close to the team as saying that “The players said that their level of patriotism has already dwindled because of the way they have been treated by the government officials prior to the Olympic Games.

“As we speak now, the only money that the players have received was the $150 dollars per day for 11 days, while there are more than that 11 days still to be paid and no extra money was received for the matches played so far”, the source also disclosed.

The coach Samson Siasia-led team have already been overtaken by drama and controversies in the last few weeks, from the players stopping their coach from quitting his post to the team being stranded for several days at their training base in Atlanta, Georgia.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/nigerian-u-23-team-threaten-boycott-unpaid-allowances/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by ukomko: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by snezBaba: 12:06am On Aug 12, 2016
Biafrasay.com I laugh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by ibroh22(m): 12:38am On Aug 12, 2016
buhari gan slf
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by oloriooko(m): 3:59am On Aug 12, 2016
And the useless Pinnick went ahead to employ white guy as super eagle coach with a monthly pay of $40k angry
Is there a curse on NFF? Or these guys are just wicked trying to ruin our football?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 12, 2016
Hook me up with they accountants, old mans made a couple mili.

Ama put in some good words for them and

FVCK THAT RED-BERET WEARING DUNCE DALUNG.

I am amazed peeps bear biblical names but act like the devils grand son.

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by veekid(m): 8:18am On Aug 12, 2016
Buhari is still the president, he can hear you
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by kgr8mike(m): 8:19am On Aug 12, 2016
The beginning of the ending.

Kia!!!

Even this little thing that gives all of us joy will also be frustrated.

What indeed will this government get right and get it right conclusively?

Everything is geared towards making life unexciting for the average Nigerian. In fact if this Government has not factored dissatisfaction into any project it will not be offered.

What a time we live in!!!

Can you imagine that the sport minister was there snapping pictures with them when their allowances have not been paid?

Nigeria is indeed sick and I mean very sick.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by henrydadon(m): 8:19am On Aug 12, 2016
they have started

nigeria have to be the most fuvked up african country

all we know how to do best is embarrass our self on international stage

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 12, 2016
Great
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 8:19am On Aug 12, 2016
these greedy boys need to be slapped. they are all rich. spend your own money. after-all you are there for your own glory and to get european clubs to see you shine. ungrateful fools. in fact you have to pay nigeria to represent us in the olympics because we know you are there for your own glory. money grabbers.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by yankeedude(m): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2016
Same old story. Can things ever change for the better in this country? Its so sad. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by folks4luv(f): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2016
I wish that doesn't happen, but if it does, I won't blame those boys. Nigeria doesn't care about them, yet they v given their best

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Frank3n2(m): 8:22am On Aug 12, 2016
Issokay
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by philfrey08: 8:22am On Aug 12, 2016
Dream team or Dreaming team...

BuBu don BUBU una....na 10k him go give una o

SHa enjoy Brazilian babes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by dammix(m): 8:23am On Aug 12, 2016
Nigeria's football and sport is declining

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by wayodude(m): 8:23am On Aug 12, 2016
It seems Denmark are well priced at 7/2.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 12, 2016
not again..

same old thing every time...

is this a country?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Raymondreigns(m): 8:24am On Aug 12, 2016
D boys don vex!!!
If it aint makin moni it aint makin sense..
In #arsene wenger voice"football is a game of passion" y shld dey protest 4 moni wen dey can jst win gold n play 4 a beta clubs afta being bought or atleast sell ur gold n travel out 4 trails in any European clubs..
Pheeeewww...I wish I was dere,I nr go even join dat protest,I go jst pray make club buy me..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 12, 2016
NFF IS A BIG JOKE..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by kayo80(m): 8:26am On Aug 12, 2016
Hmm! As much as I feel for them for not getting paid, can't they just do it for the love of the country. They can complain later. It is not like they are not all rich murrafuckers to start with. Also, didn't Mikel contribute a couple of millions to the upkeep of the team?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Naijapopular(f): 8:26am On Aug 12, 2016
Nigeria. why are all this hmmm disgracing us everywhere
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Davash222(m): 8:26am On Aug 12, 2016
UnPatriotic citizens.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
these greedy boys need to be slapped. they are all rich. spend your own money. after-all you are there for your own glory and to get european clubs to see you shine. ungrateful fools. in fact you have to pay nigeria to represent us in the olympics because we know you are there for your own glory. money grabbers.
smh..

am disappointed in your level if reasoning.

isnt a budget made for the team?

so why the delay..

so you will be happy,if you are owe in your working place,after all you are working to boost your CV too.

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by LastSurvivor: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2016
You guys should just start coming home, ask dream team about the "fantastically disgraced" reward they got from bubu late last year I guess..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by TerrorSquad147: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria where Patriots who try to achieve something good for the country are being treated like non-entities and criminals with the name "politicians" are there enjoying mass looting of funds via budget padding which is not a crime. I spit on this shyte-hole angry undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by paschal47(m): 8:28am On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
Oga can you work for free?

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Emeka71(m): 8:29am On Aug 12, 2016
Whose business if they loose or not? Footballers are'nt supposed to be paid huge allowance; afterall how does football affect the economy of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by Phoenix001(m): 8:29am On Aug 12, 2016
Pinnick is already a failure, but the reason he is not thinking of what become of his name afterwards is still to me a mystery.

And for that useless red beret minister, his seriousness is not in doubt, he is a curse to our sport life in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by kilmix: 8:29am On Aug 12, 2016
If they don't quite,

I'll call them cowards.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances by AlphaCentauri: 8:30am On Aug 12, 2016
paschal47:

Oga can you work for free?
to represent my country ? thats not work. thats an honor and priviliege to be picked to represent your country. imagine the recognition you will get after ? in fact i will pay nigeria if they let me represent them in olympics

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw / Liverpool Players, Staff And Fans Sing You'll Never Walk Alone After UCL Win / Romelu Lukaku Will Return To Serie A' - The Striker's Agent Confirms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.