Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? (17212 Views)

Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here / Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God is a supreme being , gods are the lesser ones - they are the ones who have ranks and control some aspects of nature .

There is no such thing as "Gods" , its called gods . There is only one Supreme Being , God .

Good now what's common between God and gods? in other words what is common denominator between those two?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
Kay17:

Good now what's common between God and gods? in other words what is common denominator between those two?

I can't think of any shared attributes for those mythical gods with the Supreme Being . But in Christianity , the bible says we humans are gods and we are created in God's image , so obvious there are lots of shared attributes .

But I thought we agreed to discuss this from deism's perspective ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 8:02am On Sep 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I can't think of any shared attributes for those mythical gods with the Supreme Being . But in Christianity , the bible says we humans are gods and we are created in God's image , so obvious there are lots of shared attributes .

But I thought we agreed to discuss this from deism's perspective ?

Then it is either they are Gods or not. From what you have said they are not Gods because they are mythical right?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by lilliesboy(m): 1:12am On Sep 05, 2016
Most communist leaders are/were atheists (or humanists) but the ones that abused human rights didn't do that in the name of atheism but politics as many atheists were also jailed and/or killed during their regimes. Stalin killed a lot of renowned communists that opposed his government, one was Leon Trotsky whom he killed in Mexico. Vladmir Lenin killed those that refused to hand-over their private property (i.e. industry, church, etc) to the State and whom tried to assassinate him. Or, aren't you aware Lenin was shot about four (4) times by a female assassin prior to his "Red Terror" Day proclamation? That means EVERYONE that refused to do away with capitalism was dealt with, not just pastors/imams. Atheists are quite different from communists because they don't necessarily have to be (partisan) politicians or State actors to have DISbelief. Fidel Castro of Cuba never killed Christians/Muslims in the name of atheism, though he was an atheistic communist and still to this day.
#Adolf Hitler, Mussolini, Saddam Hussein, Assad, George Bush etc, were/are not communists/atheists but murdered millions!

1 Like

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
Kay17:

But the definition was clearly not adequate. We have to agree on who and who the term God can cover. I strongly believe pagans have Gods whom are allocated accordingly to a hierarchy therefore not all are supreme nor creators

I'm tired of repeating what I said dear , you are free to believe whatever you want to believe or redefine .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
lilliesboy:
Most communist leaders are/were atheists (or humanists) but the ones that abused human rights didn't do that in the name of atheism but politics as many atheists were also jailed and/or killed during their regimes. Stalin killed a lot of renowned communists that opposed his government, one was Leon Trotsky whom he killed in Mexico. Vladmir Lenin killed those that refused to hand-over their private property (i.e. industry, church, etc) to the State and whom tried to assassinate him. Or, aren't you aware Lenin was shot about four (4) times by a female assassin prior to his "Red Terror" Day proclamation? That means EVERYONE that refused to do away with capitalism was dealt with, not just pastors/imams. Atheists are quite different from communists because they don't necessarily have to be (partisan) politicians or State actors to have DISbelief. Fidel Castro of Cuba never killed Christians/Muslims in the name of atheism, though he was an atheistic communist and still to this day.
#Adolf Hitler, Mussolini, Saddam Hussein, Assad, George Bush etc, were/are not communists/atheists but murdered millions!

https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm tired of repeating what I said dear , you are free to believe whatever you want to believe or redefine .

Therefore a God is a Supreme Being. What makes up a Supreme Being? What is the supreme nature judged against?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
Kay17:

Therefore a God is a Supreme Being. What makes up a Supreme Being? What is the supreme nature judged against?

'God' is the appellation given to the Supreme Being .

What do you think makes up a Supreme Being ? What do you think is the supreme nature judged against ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

'God' is the appellation given to the Supreme Being .

What do you think makes up a Supreme Being ? What do you think is the supreme nature judged against ?

We earlier went from God to Supreme Being as a way of clarification, isn't it worse and more confusing to return to the confusion God.

Besides it wasn't my choice of word to select Supreme Being therefore I'm badly placed to explain the expression. And I dont get why you waste time with pushing back the questions i ask back to me
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Kay17:

We earlier went from God to Supreme Being as a way of clarification, isn't it worse and more confusing to return to the confusion God.

Besides it wasn't my choice of word to select Supreme Being therefore I'm badly placed to explain the expression. And I dont get why you waste time with pushing back the questions i ask back to me

There is no confusion in God . Apparently you are the one try to obfuscate the meaning of 'God' not me .

Remember you said you don't know who God is , so your answers from the questions I pushed back at you will help me understand what/who you see as God . Then I can dispel the misconceptions . See baby , I'm no magician . I need to see where you got it all wrong - its like I'm fixing you because I discovered where the problem lies .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no confusion in God . Apparently you are the one try to obfuscate the meaning of 'God' not me .

Remember you said you don't know who God is , so your answers from the questions I pushed back at you will help me understand what/who you see as God . Then I can dispel the misconceptions . See baby , I'm no magician . I need to see where you got it all wrong - its like I'm fixing you because I discovered where the problem lies .

So God is Supreme Being whilst Supreme Being is God?!

When you chose that word Supreme you must have had an idea in mind right? Otherwise you employed an empty word
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
Kay17:

So God is Supreme Being whilst Supreme Being is God?!

When you chose that word Supreme you must have had an idea in mind right? Otherwise you employed an empty word

The Supreme Being's title is God . Different religions have different personal names for God - Yahweh , Allah etc .

Just like the title of the ruler of a kingdom is 'King' . The King has a personal name .

So are we clear now ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The Supreme Being's title is God . Different religions have different personal names for God - Yahweh , Allah etc .

Just like the title of the ruler of a kingdom is 'King' . The King has a personal name .

So are we clear now ?

Now what is a Supreme Being? What does he do
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
Kay17:

Now what is a Supreme Being? What does he do

A Supreme Being is the ultimate precursor of everything that exists . You mean what has he done? He made everything that exists .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 5:57am On Sep 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

A Supreme Being is the ultimate precursor of everything that exists . You mean what has he done? He made everything that exists .

Including time?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:12am On Sep 28, 2016
Kay17:

Including time?

Yup . Time is one of our dimensions in the physical world . Time means duration and a measure of change . Remember as a spirit , God , who is not physical - is immutable as an eternal entity thus He transcends it .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2016
Good

Yet why would you presume a Being must be a precursor of everything especially when you do not have a prior experience or precedent that Beings are pre existent?

NOTE this is a complex question and please answer diligently.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
Kay17:
Good

Yet why would you presume a Being must be a precursor of everything especially when you do not have a prior experience or precedent that Beings are pre existent?

NOTE this is a complex question and please answer diligently.

Very easy question .

Thoughts create matter and realities . Thoughts come from the mind and only a being can have a mind . The mind created matter . God has the mind . God created matter and our reality .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 6:03am On Sep 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Very easy question .

Thoughts create matter and realities . Thoughts come from the mind and only a being can have a mind . The mind created matter . God has the mind . God created matter and our reality .

Give a concrete example where a thought created Matter
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
Kay17:

Give a concrete example where a thought created Matter

Look up "how thoughts create matter" , so we can discuss it
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Look up "how thoughts create matter" , so we can discuss it

This is another attempt of yours at artful dodging
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
Kay17:

This is another attempt of yours at artful dodging

Come on baby , no it isn't .

I just want you to understand what I'm talking about - thoughts creating matter and realities .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Come on baby , no it isn't .

I just want you to understand what I'm talking about - thoughts creating matter and realities .

Then say it here. I'm sure it's ridiculous
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
Kay17:

Then say it here. I'm sure it's ridiculous

Oh dear ! Ugh ! Hmm

Ok , rule that out not because you it as ridiculous , its because you are ignorant of the subject which is not bad though . But damn , it was a very good answer to your question - maybe you know this and you are being disingenuous .

Well , here is another answer .

1 . Intelligence , Complexity and Design in Nature

2. Consciousness in humans
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 6:53pm On Sep 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh dear ! Ugh ! Hmm

Ok , rule that out not because you it as ridiculous , its because you are ignorant of the subject which is not bad though . But damn , it was a very good answer to your question - maybe you know this and you are being disingenuous .

Well , here is another answer .

1 . Intelligence , Complexity and Design in Nature

2. Consciousness in humans

Educate me
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
Kay17:

Educate me

Don't forget your question - how I presumed that the precursor of everything that exists is a being . I didn't presume though but I'll treat it like I did .

The universe is super complex and intelligently designed and it only logically suggests that such can come from a living entity with a cornucopia of knowledge , skill etc on how to orchestrate such magnificent design and assign functionalities to the constituents of his work , the universe . I mean the world being a product of chance is now an obsolete idea .

Consciousness which is self awareness cannot be a product of chance neither is it of evolution . Consciousness has to be bequeathed . My usual example is robot and man . We have engineers and computer scientists trying to figure out how to make robots conscious . We as humans understand what it means to be self aware primarily and we are trying to do same to the robots . If this is achieved , as conscious humans , we would know . Apply this same reasoning to God and man . God who is eternal has always been self aware , knows what it means to be self aware or conscious and has passed this attribute to man .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by JackBizzle: 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Don't forget your question - how I presumed that the precursor of everything that exists is a being . I didn't presume though but I'll treat it like I did .

The universe is super complex and intelligently designed and it only logically suggests that such can come from a living entity with a cornucopia of knowledge , skill etc on how to orchestrate such magnificent design and assign functionalities to the constituents of his work , the universe . I mean the world being a product of chance is now an obsolete idea .

There are people who believe that it was an alien race of engineers that built the world.

Your argument in bold would support such a theory better than that of a God.

At least, an alien would be a living entity. Your God is as good as dead/non-existent, given that he exists outside of time and is lacking in the corporeal aspect
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

There are people who believe that it was an alien race of engineers that built the world.

Your argument in bold would support such a theory better than that of a God.

At least, an alien would be a living entity. Your God is as good as dead/non-existent, given that he exists outside of time and is lacking in the corporeal aspect

God is an alien in that sense wink .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by JackBizzle: 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God is an alien in that sense wink .

No, God is an invisible wizard in the sky. A myth that can never be true.

Aliens are science fiction- a fiction that can come true.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

No, God is an invisible wizard in the sky. A myth that can never be true.

Jack Bizzle's god obviously

Aliens are science fiction- a fiction that can come true.

Close mindedness wink
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by JackBizzle: 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Jack Bizzle's god obviously

Close mindedness wink

Yawn
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

Yawn

You need to take your troll courses seriously bro wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Missing Baby: Leaked Audio Of Co-conspirator Exonerates Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin / Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes / Shiloh 2017: Day 1, Opening Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.