Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,677 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? (17211 Views)

Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here / Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Weah96: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

winner01 clarified that - we are striving to attain perfection , to be like Christ and that is what makes us Christians .

That's not a clarification. So sinners are Christians or not? Can you or can you not keep telling lies or committing murder while repeatedly seeking forgiveness after every offense?
Choose your words carefully.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 11:41am On Aug 28, 2016
Kay17:

1. I absolutely agree.

2. ok
smh
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kay17:

But the question "who is God" remains.

You evaded my question dear .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You evaded my question dear .

I dutifully answered all your questions even when they were directionless.

Before we can begin to endlessly argue about the existence of God, it's best we lay the foundation. And answer the question who is God
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
Weah96:

That's not a clarification. So sinners are Christians or not? Can you or can you not keep telling lies or committing murder while repeatedly seeking forgiveness after every offense?
Choose your words carefully.

Just hold on .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kay17:

I dutifully answered all your questions even when they were directionless.

Before we can begin to endlessly argue about the existence of God, it's best we lay the foundation. And answer the question who is God

You didn't answer this question

KingEbukasBlog:

But hold on , an atheist still believes there is no creator - this is a tentative conclusion which has to be questioned thoroughly . And you seem comfortable with an ignorant stance - or else you are omniscient . Why ?

You are trying to evade this question . And a creator here means a supernatural being who is conscious, intelligent , powerful - see it from deism's perspective .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 7:34am On Aug 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You didn't answer this question

You are trying to evade this question . And a creator here means a supernatural being who is conscious, intelligent , powerful - see it from deism's perspective .

My atheistic stance was well thought on my part. I considered the efficacy of faith and challenged its limits. The Gods most theists presented were metaphysical distant for a credible claim. Also I am aware of the limits of human reason, yet natural causes should enjoy a higher priority over supernatural causes.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19am On Aug 30, 2016
Kay17:

My atheistic stance was well thought on my part.

My acceptance of God's existence was well thought out on my part

I considered the efficacy of faith and challenged its limits.

Faith has no limits so I'm not sure what you challenged .

The Gods most theists presented were metaphysical distant for a credible claim.

Why do you have a problem with that ?

Also I am aware of the limits of human reason, yet natural causes should enjoy a higher priority over supernatural causes.

But supernatural causes gave rise to natural causes .

Are you okay with the definition of God I gave ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

My acceptance of God's existence was well thought out on my part

Faith has no limits so I'm not sure what you challenged .

Why do you have a problem with that ?

But supernatural causes gave rise to natural causes .

Are you okay with the definition of God I gave ?

Where is the definition of God you provided?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kay17:

Where is the definition of God you provided?

Before I show you , give it a try , who do you think God is ? I want to know what comes to your mind when religious people say "God"
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 10:13am On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Before I show you , give it a try , who do you think God is ? I want to know what comes to your mind when religious people say "God"

To me, God is a special appellation granted to beings without an earthly origin. In other words it is an otherworldly being. My proof for this reasoning is all the Gods described by the various cultures in the world. The common thread amongst them all is that they are otherworldly.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
Kay17:

To me, God is a special appellation granted to beings without an earthly origin. In other words it is an otherworldly being. My proof for this reasoning is all the Gods described by the various cultures in the world. The common thread amongst them all is that they are otherworldly.

There are cultures that see animals , trees , even stones as gods .

Ok lemme be clear , when I say God , what comes to your mind ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There are cultures that see animals , trees , even stones as gods .

Ok lemme be clear , when I say God , what comes to your mind ?

Most cultures believe that the animation behind animals the trees and stones is what deserves worship. There is always that otherworldly element in Gods. For example most people think pagans worship idols but they worship the spirit through the idols qua representations of the spirit.

So whenever God is mentioned i think an otherworldly concept
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
Kay17:

Most cultures believe that the animation behind animals the trees and stones is what deserves worship. There is always that otherworldly element in Gods. For example most people think pagans worship idols but they worship the spirit through the idols qua representations of the spirit.

So whenever God is mentioned i think an otherworldly concept

Good observation .

God is an eternal supernatural being , the ultimate One , the source of all things that exist . God is the creator of the universe .

So what's the problem here ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Good observation .

God is an eternal supernatural being , the ultimate One , the source of all things that exist . God is the creator of the universe .

So what's the problem here ?

That's if you ignore the other Gods that people genuinely believe in. And besides there has to be a common thread binding all these Gods and its not their ultimate unity or unchanging eternity
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
Kay17:

That's if you ignore the other Gods that people genuinely believe in. And besides there has to be a common thread binding all these Gods and its not their ultimate unity or unchanging eternity

See it from deism's perspective , what do you think ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

See it from deism's perspective , what do you think ?

Why should the deist's narrow perspective be exclusive?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2016
Kay17:

Why should the deist's narrow perspective be exclusive?

Because they see the observation of nature and reason as sufficient evidence for the existence of a single creator . If I should try to deal with the religious concept of God , it might lead to presenting a convoluted argument for God's existence .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Because they see the observation of nature and reason as sufficient evidence for the existence of a single creator . If I should try to deal with the religious concept of God , it might lead to presenting a convoluted argument for God's existence .

But being a creator doesn't make one a God. For example human inventors are not regarded as Gods despite their creations. Similarly Yahweh is not God because he is a Creator but because he is from outside the Universe
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
Kay17:

But being a creator doesn't make one a God. For example human inventors are regarded as Gods despite their creations. Similarly Yahweh is not God because he is a Creator but because he is from outside the Universe

Since God made nature/universe , then he exists outside it . He couldn't have been in the universe and still be called its creator .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Since God made nature/universe , then he exists outside it . He couldn't have been in the universe and still be called its creator .

Do you agree with me that it's Yahweh's otherworldly attribute makes him a God?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:55pm On Sep 01, 2016
Kay17:

Do you agree with me that it's Yahweh's otherworldly attribute makes him a God?

Nope . Angels share the same attribute and they are not gods .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Nope . Angels share the same attribute and they are not gods .

Which is correct. So the question who is a God remains
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
Kay17:

Which is correct. So the question who is a God remains

No dear , the question should be who is a deity because God is a Supreme Being - its one person . You dig ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 11:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

No dear , the question should be who is a deity because God is a Supreme Being - its one person . You dig ?

But Hindus say Krishna is a God
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
Kay17:

But Hindus say Krishna is a God

I tried to avoid discussing the religious concepts of God but you dragged me into it . Now what am I supposed say

Let's go with deism's perspective , so the arguments will be perspicuous . Please
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 7:07am On Sep 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I tried to avoid discussing the religious concepts of God but you dragged me into it . Now what am I supposed say

Let's go with deism's perspective , so the arguments will be perspicuous . Please

Do you remember the story or parable of the five blind men who wanted to know what an elephant was? If you remember the parable, you would see God as the elephant and the blind men are the various religious and deist perspectives.

So before any proof can be made, a concrete definition of God must emerge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
Kay17:

Do you remember the story or parable of the five blind men who wanted to know what an elephant was? If you remember the parable, you would see God as the elephant and the blind men are the various religious and deist perspectives.

So before any proof can be made, a concrete definition of God must emerge

There is no complete disagreement . God is seen as the Supreme Being by everyone , just that the deists reject religious concepts about Him - they see him as a non-interventionist .

1 Like

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no complete disagreement . God is seen as the Supreme Being by everyone , just that the deists reject religious concepts about Him - they see him as a non-interventionist .

I thought if pagans and Buddhists are regarded amongst those that consider God to mean a Supreme Being.

Also God is a disguised term for Yahweh.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
Kay17:

I thought if pagans and Buddhists are regarded amongst those that consider God to mean a Supreme Being.

Also God is a disguised term for Yahweh.

We are digressing dear . You asked for a definition for God , I gave you a generally accepted one . Let's stay on track so progress can be made.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

We are digressing dear . You asked for a definition for God , I gave you a generally accepted one . Let's stay on track so progress can be made.

But the definition was clearly not adequate. We have to agree on who and who the term God can cover. I strongly believe pagans have Gods whom are allocated accordingly to a hierarchy therefore not all are supreme nor creators
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
Kay17:

But the definition was clearly not adequate. We have to agree on who and who the term God can cover. I strongly believe pagans have Gods whom are allocated accordingly to a hierarchy therefore not all are supreme nor creators

God is a supreme being , gods are the lesser ones - they are the ones who have ranks and control some aspects of nature .

There is no such thing as "Gods" , its called gods . There is only one Supreme Being , God .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mbaka Speaks About Killing Of Father Offu, Insists Buhari Is Not Our Problem / Missing Baby: Leaked Audio Of Co-conspirator Exonerates Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin / Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.