Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed (82531 Views)

Family Of 5 Die In Their New House In Ogun On The First Night / Zimbabwean Man Murders Wife's Lover (photos) / Woman Catches Husband With Lover On Their Matrimonial Bed, Slashes Rival's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by eminent007(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
uzuede4:
Men, please, drink water from your own cistern.

Cistern huh cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by madapcmod: 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
A beg free igbokwe. he defended his household from an intruder! afonjas from Ogun too like toutou. Na Toto go kill them finish
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by ibedun: 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Why are these flat..heads all over us like a bad rash

Why do we have to keep welcoming everyone from the erosion ravaged territory, WHY?

1 Like

Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Akjr(m): 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
LuvU2:
We must admit men are becoming something else.
d p wit woman x dat, wen dr husbby begins to misbhav, dey tink following oda men wll solv d p.. d devil u knw x better dan d angel u dnt knw.....
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
ibedun:

How is the word REASONABLE defined in this context? Most of these acts and murderous responses to jealous rage are done out of bruised ego. It is usually not because anyone has been harmed? And moreover a lot of people have experienced this kind of event and they have just simply walked away!

The word reasonable is a generic and relative one and applies to that which is appropriate for a particular situation. The key word which you have just used is 'RAGE'. One can argue that rage induced by provocation is the same as "a passion as to make him or her for the moment not master of his or her mind".
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by joe4real12: 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
Trailblazer1:

Because the victim was a Yoruba and the killer an Igbo undecided

You are so daf.t

Tribal bigot spoted
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
qualityovenbake:
angry. I keep hearing this silly excuses and it's annoying.

but it happens bro, try celestial church members and see for yourself

1 Like

Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Simer01: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
If you are a student in Nigeria, I need you to help take this short questionnaire. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yz-mf_C26_ucIItbFco5lC-X4RMr3--PJc3sGyqcdFI/edit?chromeless=1#responses

Please share.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
sainttwist1:
pls, why is the woman in custody....what is her offence?

The fact that I had to reach the 3rd page to see this response shows that there's something wrong. People are even in support of the murderer to satisfy their extreme patriarchal dominated view on society. It's okay for men to cheat but murder is understandable if it goes the other way.

2 Likes

Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
LuvU2:
We must admit men are becoming something else.

did you see your life?....what a hypocrite Internet never forget

this is your thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3276118/husband-neglect-looks-cheat-him

2 Likes

Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by dikeigbo2(m): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
Trailblazer1:

Because the victim was a Yoruba and the killer an Igbo undecided

You are so daf.t

More than da.ft
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Kgdavid(m): 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
1stCitizen:

Please note that I am not arguing with you but lecturing you. Please keep your Arsenal analogy for the intellectually deficient few. Since you mentioned Arsenal, let me take the UK for an example.

The defence of provocation is found in the Homicide Act 1957.

"Provocation is some act, or series of acts done (now includes words)... which would cause in any reasonable person and actually causes in the accused, a sudden and temporary loss of self-control, rendering the accused so subject to passion as to make him or her for the moment not master of his or her mind."

The requirements of the defence of provocation under this Act 1957 are:

1. The defendant must have been provoked to lose their self control. Someone fvcking your wife on your bed and in your house is a provocation

2. The provocation must be such as to make a reasonable man do as the defendant did. Someone fvcking your wife on your bed and in your house is enough to make you do the unreasonable.

Note that there is no requirement in the Act 1957 that the provocative act was deliberate or aimed at the victim(Your ManU jersey example is dead on arrival). Some lawyers have even taken this further like a case of extreme noise causing the defendant to murder the noise maker

Like I said I would prefer you remain ignorant as it takes time to school others not willing to learn

you are lecturing me? grin

ok mr google lecturer. Read to the end of the page on this link and come back with more lectures.

http://e-lawresources.co.uk/Provocation.php

note that the law you reference has been repealed.but let me not talk too much. just do yourself a favour and read to the end.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by cosade(m): 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
pippimp:

So what of her? This might sound strange to you, but adultery is not a crime. If a man is s.tupid enough to commit murder because of infidelity, then he deserves whatever punishment comes after.

At worst, he would have seek for divorce. Now, the best he can get away with is manslaughter and the lady will be free to remarry. Too bad!

2 Likes

Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by diegwu01: 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
some women are just plain evil
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
Kgdavid:

you are lecturing me? grin

ok mr google lecturer. Read to the end of the page on this link and come back with more lectures.

http://e-lawresources.co.uk/Provocation.php

note that the law you reference has been repealed.but let me not talk too much. just do yourself a favour and read to the end.

It is a pleasure to note that I have triggered you to do some course work which is part of lecturing(No wonder it took time to respond, you must be a slow reader) grin only that you have not learnt what the the sign " " means. It is usually thought at Kindergarten level.

It was a pleasure schooling you.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Kgdavid(m): 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
1stCitizen:

It is a pleasure to note that I have triggered you to do some course work which is part of lecturing(No wonder it took time to respond, you must be a slow reader) grin only that you have not learnt what the the sign " " means. It is usually thought at Kindergarten level.

It was a pleasure schooling you.

nope, sir lecturer who doesn't know what he is talking about... i'm actually just a person with a job wink
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
Kgdavid:

nope, sir lecturer who doesn't know what he is talking about... i'm actually just a person with a job wink

You failed to research where they mentioned context and suddenness and a carry over of loss of self control which fits the case in question. I deliberately did not expatiate to allow you to do more research and come back....please do not spend eternity. The best method to teach your type.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Kgdavid(m): 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
1stCitizen:

You failed to research where they mentioned context and suddenness which fits the case in question. I deliberately did not expatiate to allow you to do more research and come back....please do not spend eternity. The best method to teach.

i thought i asked you to read to the bottom of the page? must i do everything for you?? are you impaired in some way sir?

the conditions of the new law specifically state that sexual infidelity does not count as a triggering factor.

as i said from the first time i quoted you, you are boldly going on about something you do not know anything about.

anyway those who want to know can check the link i posted.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by josite: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
Bants:
Why was the wife arrested...I don't get it...

police has investigations manual and they know everyone will have a story line which may be true or untrue so all connected with a crime are first of all arrested and as investagation conclusively proves the wife's story is true,that she has not connived with her hubby for some other reason to kill the man,then she will be released.That is why you must ensure you are not connected with any crime/criminal.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by nedu2000(m): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
Kgdavid:

you don't think he committed a crime or you think he could get away with telling a lie to cover a crime? because the two are not the same thing sir.
it happened in the accused bedroom for heaven's sake!!unless there's proof of kidnap he will walk free,i expect his wife to testify in his favor
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by josite: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
bellville:
If Igbokwe has good legal representation, the case would be manslaughter and not murder. He could use provocation as a defence. He can even be discharged if he's able to prove that he acted in self-defence.

so if convicted for manslaughter,he will be allowed to go back home and sleep.getting yourself in prison over woman matter is the height of foolishness.now is he enjoying his life as usual in handcuff?.u catch a spouse in adultery,all an enlightened will do is ,end the marriage and ending the marriage is what the law of nigeria will not punish u for.

And from the facts realted above,he didnt kill the guy instantly ,he went looking for a cutlass.the law is the killing must have been done in the heat of passion.like u open ur bedroom door and u see ur wife giving a Mouth Action to nother man.if u kill both of them in that instant,you get the benefit of having the murder downgraded to manslaughter.but if u leave the scene and come back to kill them ,it is murder.u hanged on the neck till u die.god forbid.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
Kgdavid:

i thought i asked you to read to the bottom of the page? must i do everything for you?? are you impaired in some way sir?

the conditions of the new law specifically state that .

as i said from the first time i quoted you, you are boldly going on about something you do not know anything about.

anyway those who want to know can check the link i posted.

sexual infidelity does not count as a triggering factor

Why are you so slow to learn. Let us pretend that you never defined provocation grin as this last comment which is seeks to identify what constitutes provocation is diametrically opposed to that definition cheesy. I repeat during your lecture research did you not study the concept of suddenness and context of act in the case of sexual infidelity. Hurry along.... do some more research and return for evaluation....even slow learners learn.

HINT

"Sexual infidelity is not subject to a blanket exclusion"

Find out where this came from and read thoroughly. You must learn
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by bellville: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
josite:
if convicted for manslaughter, he goes to jail. Yes, I agree he should have exercised caution and simply get a divorce. However, we have different temperaments and level of self-control. Some men won't just walk away.

so if convicted for manslaughter,he will be allowed to go back home and sleep.getting yourself in prison over woman matter is the height of foolishness.now is he enjoying his life as usual in handcuff?.u catch a spouse in adultery,all an enlightened will do is ,end the marriage and ending the marriage is what the law of nigeria will not punish u for.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Kgdavid(m): 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
1stCitizen:

Why are you so slow to learn. Let us pretend that you never defined provocation grin as this last comment which is seeks to identify what constitutes provocation is diametrically opposed to that definition cheesy. I repeat during your lecture research did you not study the concept of suddenness and context of act in the case of sexual infidelity. Hurry along.... do some more research and return for evaluation....even slow learners learn.

HINT

"Sexual infidelity is not subject to a blanket exclusion"

Find out where this came from and read thoroughly. You must learn

you are a madman if you think i'm going to sit here at my laptop and play with you all day.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by bellville: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
josite:

If convicted for manslaughter, he goes to jail. Yes, I agree he should have exercised caution and simply get a divorce. However, we have different temperaments and level of self-control. Some men won't just walk away.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Kgdavid(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
nedu2000:
it happened in the accused bedroom for heaven's sake!!unless there's proof of kidnap he will walk free,i expect his wife to testify in his favor

does the bedroom belong exclusively to the accused? it also belongs to his wife and she invited him in.

and the one thing you are all missing is that both of them have already confessed. so where is he walking free to?
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Charmarlegne: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
Kgdavid:

nope. the best he can argue is extenuating circumstances but murder is murder.

the deceased was a guest in his home, invited by a co-owner of that home and had every legal right to be there, and every legal right to make love to the woman given that it was consensual. It's going to be very hard to get him a light sentence.
your comment is not only funny, but worrying. I guess you are not married, that is probably why you would defend the deceased by quoting illegality as legal. Just know that any man sleeping with someone's wife and vice versa is walking on very thin ice. If this guy gets a good lawyer, he will get off with only manslaughter.The lawyer can argue that he gave the statement under duress. To the guys who Bleep people's wives, please respect the man small and go Bleep the wife in a hotel. Not her matrimonial bed. Nuff said.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
LuvU2:
I know riight cheesytongue

You are terrible at being sarcastic... tongue cool
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by mecussey(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
jackpiperr:
He should be released. He has the right to self defense in his property. I hope he gets a good lawyer to help him win the case . He came back from work and found an intruder raping his wife and he killed the man in self defense . case closed .

Brain dey ur head...and if the wife concur the case no go last 24hrs.
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Kgdavid(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
Charmarlegne:
your comment is not only funny, but worrying. I guess you are not married, that is probably why you would defend the deceased by quoting illegality as legal. Just know that any man sleeping with someone's wife and vice versa is walking on very thin ice. If this guy gets a good lawyer, he will get off with only manslaughter.The lawyer can argue that he gave the statement under duress. To the guys who Bleep people's wives, please respect the man small and go Bleep the wife in a hotel. Not her matrimonial bed. Nuff said.

It has nothing to do with defending the deceased. It's about defending the law itself. like i earlier asked, what then happens if you got to visit someone and you happen to offend a member of their household, can they then kill you and claim you attempted to rape someone as the justification? the scene can be arranged to make it look like you did, and you won't be alive to tell your side of the story. Would that be justice?

At the bolded, sure the lawyer could try to argue that but the question is, is there even a single shred of evidence that duress was applied in any way? i wish you good luck trying to prove duress in a court of law

also hope you know that making an allegation of duress would mean making a specific accusation against an innocent police officer? Guys come on
Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
Kgdavid:

you are a mad man if you think i'm going to sit here at my laptop and play with you all day.

Do not chicken out. Learning is hard for you I know. sexual infidelity is integral to and forms an essential part of the context in which to make a just evaluation whether a qualifying trigger properly falls within the ambit of subsections 55(3) and (4) of the 2009 Act

My guess is you do not know what the qualifying triggers are. The Court of Appeal in 2012 concluded that in cases where sexual betrayal amounted to the only trigger for loss of control, evidence of sexual infidelity was admissible to form part of a course of conduct sufficient to cause loss of control.

Talk true.. you don check am

1 Like

Re: Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed by Decryptor(m): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
Chiefpriest1:
Shame, shame , shame! On your matrimonial bed, that's the height of it.

By the way, I don't see all these children on nairaland reporting for NCAN
from Sambisa. Is it because both vocal tribes are involved?

Crime has no tribe. You guys should stop being kids

At least my brother was courageous enough to send that useless cone-head to hell!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dead Body Of The Female Airforce Officer Shot Dead By Lover In Makurdi (Graphic) / The Face Of The Lady Who Was Beheaded In Lagos Before Her Murder (Pics) / Woman Still Strapped To Her Seat Hit By Bullets In Kaduna Train Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.