Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina (28766 Views)

Buhari Received His Classmates Of 1953 Set Of Katsina Middle School (Photos) / All Northerners Should Leave Niger Delta Before October 1 – Militants / Why Are South-East Governors Afraid To Criticize Buhari?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
AreaFada2:

You nor surprise.
MTN, Glo and others sprang up. Every can now afford telecommunication/ICT. A major revolution of how we live. 9ja was attracting largest FDI in Africa. Largest economy in Africa, etc.

Look at local musicians, comedians and other artists that were made in that period. We launched a satellite too.

Sure, we could have done a lot better but in my lifetime so far, since 1983, there has been no period of steady progress like 1999-2015. None. 1983-1999 was a lost era.

They now see that blaming GEJ for prior 50 years of failure is not smart anymore.

but all these things were sponsored by OIL BOOM MoNEY!!!!...Nigeria raked in trillions of dollars in those years! .I once again challenge anybody to dispute this.I don't know why u all lost your senses...we should be thinking of how to gather the money they stole and use it now that OIL BOOM is gone!...I learnt from history that we were so rich those days that we used to act bIG bbrother for some African nations. we used to foot their bleeping bills!.Why is it so hard to understand that incoming revenue is now a trickle compared to the flood of PDP years? why?
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by Slimszy: 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mumu emir.... Set of cretins and gullible people
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by MDOLOFU: 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
Am highly disappointed in dis so called emir. He is not just Extremist but d devil him self how can he come out to say dis wen even buhari himself kW dis are hard time for Nigeria
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by Poweredbreww: 12:54am On Aug 13, 2016
janellemonae:

What do u mean by Yorubas will NEVER wake up?? When did they ever support a northern president since 1960. Pls answer d question! Azikiwe was in an alliance wt Ahmadu bello. Shagari was in an alliance wt ekwueme. Awolowo & d Yoruba tribe were always d outsiders. What tribe actively fought babangida & abacha the most in this country & outside it?

Last time I checked, the whole north central states along wt the west, except FCT & ekiti, voted for buhari in 2015. The % of votes in d NC were even higher dn the % of votes from d SW. Also if we are talking abt d civil war, the pogrom against igbos dt took place in makurdi is much documented. No such killings ever happened in yorubaland. Lmao! Based on dt I think I can say middle Beltans will NEVER wake up.

You illiterates should keep deceiving urselves from reality on nairaland.

Most of them are kids. PDP have zoned there presidency to the same North, want to hear the new story of the osus in 2019. Its funny how the biased mod ban people for saying osu but ignore those that call others afonja. Is that fair? Smh
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by AreaFada2: 2:01am On Aug 13, 2016
juininho:

but all these things were sponsored by OIL BOOM MoNEY!!!!...Nigeria raked in trillions of dollars in those years! .I once again challenge anybody to dispute this.I don't know why u all lost your senses...we should be thinking of how to gather the money they stole and use it now that OIL BOOM is gone!...I learnt from history that we were so rich those days that we used to act bIG bbrother for some African nations. we used to foot their bleeping bills!.Why is it so hard to understand that incoming revenue is now a trickle compared to the flood of PDP years? why?

Do you remember oil prices were already falling before March 2015?
Do you remember Buhari promising to stabilise oil prices in the world market, as part of campaign promise?
Do you also remember people like me asking if he was Saudi Arabia or OPEC single handedly?

If you cannot run a country well with dwindling income, why contest for office? Is it by force? If you cannot bear the heat, why stay in the kitchen?
Why go ahead and bring in silly economic policies, only to flip-flop again?

Your problem you is that were only told many things about the past you mentioned, you did not witness much of it. So listen & learn.

Buhari overthrew Shagari allegedly due to "poor economy, galloping economy, corruption, etc". I remember the coup speech well. But has he (Buhari) ever been honest enough to say that oil prices were down during that early 1980s period? No, he has not.

High oil prices are fuelled by issues like:

(1) Low supply: like war/crisis in areas of high supply. In early 1980s, there wasn't much of such crisis. Even Iran-Iraq war of then was not enough to really dent supply. Gulf oil states pumped enough oil that they had about $35 BILLION dollars chicken change to lend Iraq at the time to fight war. But Arab-Israeli crisis in early 70s disrupted world oil supply enough that 9ja made huge money under Gowon. Funded post Biafra War economic growth/Udoji/rebuilding. Gulf war also disrupted oil supply enough in 1990/1991 that the oil boom netted IBB $12.4Billion which he stole & never returned till today. Common theme here is Saudi Arabia being key to supply or lack of.

(2) High Demand: during those oil boom eras, China was a relatively poor country with lower demand for oil. That has changed. But China now also explores alternatives & other supply sources. American demand has reduced greatly. Shale gas & more local oil supply. Renewable/green energy.

Now about big brother. It began with Nkrumah. He deployed way more percentage of Ghana's relatively meagre resources towards helping other Africans than 9ja did. Until he was overthrown. Should we have tolerated Apartheid in South Africa or sit by and let famine ravish some fellow Africans? If you do not understand the notion of Pan-Africanism that fuelled the fight for independence throughout Africa & the Caribbean, better not disparage it.

Despite the wastage during PDP years, it was a period of economic growth not seen since the 70s really. Corruption in the system had grown monstrously during IBB years, Buhari's fellow coupist. If you doubt it, see how budget padding happened right under the nose of your messiah. grin grin cheesy

CORRECTION: Nigeria has not made up to a TRILLION dollars let alone trillions years back, from oil right from Oloibiri in 1959 till now. I know most people are very poor with mathematical perspectives. Especially when high figures are involved. All estimates so far are below $500 billion. $300-$400 billion in fact. grin cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by Oblongatarh(m): 5:47am On Aug 13, 2016
Emir my foot. You are a dumb ass nincompooo for spitting out this trash. Do we the Northerners have any gain from this cursed administration of the slow motion extremist? Or is the north not a part of Nigeria? Idiots being Emirs since 1989
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by nothernstar: 6:48am On Aug 13, 2016
This totally nonsense. Why won't we cities him. Just because he is a northerner? Northerner my foot. Ppl are dying of hunger and you are there spewing nonsense. How has his govt helped or built the hope of a common man in the north. Using 16 years of PDP to justify your ignorance. Have you ever tot of what the economy was when the same PDP you blame took over from the military. Was is better than what you met from them. The north is the most backward region in this country in every aspect of the economy. Even after many years of our ppl ruling. We got nothing. Go to south and see the progress there. Why must I surport evil. Let's be sincere to our selves. The team is not doing well because mr president is not the listening type. He is more or less an analogue president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by johnunor47: 7:50am On Aug 13, 2016
Senseless Emir
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 13, 2016
[s]
Ikechukwu48:

Please please you guys should stop insulting the rest of us. There is no SOUTH. The South didn't lick the North ass to assist/rig Buhari in power..only one side of South did and that is SOUTHWEST!!!!! Even till now, the only southerners defending Buhari despite all the crap he's done is SOUTH WEST. The only southern group to always lick the North ass just for small crump is and have always been SOUTH WEST.

So stop calling douth. The rest of us saw north and their attempt using buhari.
So please stop insulting the rest of us. They played southwest mugu, not the rest of south
[/s]

Certified Fraudulent LIAR!!!!
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by darqly(m): 11:26am On Aug 13, 2016
Maybe northerners are still buying rice at 9k per bag or fuel at subsidized rate or dollar at 157. If this is the case, then he has a point angry angry
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by gemale(m): 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
T8ksy:

And I ask you again, which southern group supported the north in 1960?

Which southern group supported the northerners in the 2nd republic, after the civil war?

You guys just come online to repeat the lies dissemanated by your sl.im.y and mischievous elders even when the truth is staring you in the eyes.

Most of you have been conditioned to spread fallacious tales .

Awolowo number 1.... D rest I go waka go check.
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by FemiMaduka(m): 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
Exactly! this is how an average northerner reasons. Their elites are no exception. The core north is the major impediment to "one Nigeria".
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by proprince(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
What a pity

does it mean that those critisizing dnt know what they are doing

they are critisizi g coz things are goin bad under pmb

and an emir is there talking dis trash

selfish north
sad
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by lohresloco: 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
What a country, is this man not a pig and a lunatic, so they should continue suffering in silence because they northerners. Well welcome to 2016 emir, everybody is finding their voice. No more slavery to elite islamic idiots . No more will they opt for sitting @ your gates and begging for food. No more. If their brother up there misbehave, he should be rebuked.
AllTheWayUp:

http://sunnewsonline.com/katsina-stop-criticizing-buhari-emir-tells-northerners/
Re: Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina by Indabawa1987: 2:39am On Jul 18, 2021
,Haba the emir was misquoted because our PMB is doing very well to Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Policeman Beaten To Death For Killing A Trader In Lagos / DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform / Photos Of President Buhari With Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.