Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System (2322 Views)

Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop / Spyware/adware Attack / Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by dovlin(f): 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2006
Somebody somehow must have tried to download something from the net on my system and now i think i have spyware on my system. Somebody should please tell me what to do. I don't. My system is now very slow.
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by bodun(f): 8:13am On Dec 11, 2006
install and run NORTON anti virus or MCAFEE antivirus programs on your PC and also delete any game and screensaver that you downloaded for free if you have any.
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by gbengaijot(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2006
you can get avast antivirus for free buy downloading the home edition at www.avast.com
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by Afam(m): 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2006
Get spybot - Search & Destroy and Ad-aware and run them, it will clean your system.
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2006
yes some viruses slow down the pc. but i suggest downloading avira antivir. and if your pc's are networked i suggest u run it from the main computer. norton also slows down the pc thats why i don't use it although the pc is a p4
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by hayprof(m): 11:09pm On Dec 13, 2006
Abeg No try NORTON. Unless u want ur system to be slowest,
Get Avira or Better Yet AVG 7.5 its the Best now-Just do it a favour and update it reguarly then perform a test[scan] of ur sys,
That Should Do,
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by Seun(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2007
I support the recommendation someone gave above: use Spybot Search & Destroy
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by otuonye(m): 10:59am On May 10, 2007
Seun:

I support the recommendation someone gave above: use Spybot Search & Destroy

Is Spybot Search & Destroy a free download off the Internet [just like the home edition of AVAST] or do I have to get it from the market?. I know I have the same problems with my PC.

Someone please help!
Jojo
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by zillonnair(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2007
The best anti-spyware, anti-spam and antivirus you could bargan for would be PANDA. Send me mail for more info., mail on profile.
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by Nobody: 11:41am On May 10, 2007
very often, you will find that one tool will not do it.also, YOU MUST BACK U P ALL YOUR INFO before commencing any repair.more than once, malware on my system corrupted critical files,and the removal required a reinstall of windows.
download the following tools,
boot your system into safe mode
disable system restore, and run the apps
spybot(get latest defs)
ad aware(get latest defs)
microsoft malicious software removal tool(latest version)
mcafee avert stinger(latest version)
mcafee avert stinger
spyware terminator(latest version)
mcafee avert stinger
advanced windows care personal(latest version)

i also recommend that you use process explorer .looking through it may highlight suspicious processes/.exe files that can be killed and navigated to .it will also identify which .exe files are hogging your cpu.
the above are all free

you can also referece the following thread:
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by miiday(f): 12:11pm On May 10, 2007
why not use Kaspersky Anti-virus, you can get a trial version from their website.
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by cyprianjr(m): 12:21pm On May 10, 2007
run this free software on your system,restart and do same again in safe mode

AVS ANTI-SPYWARE 7.5
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 10, 2007
i forgot to add
when using process explorer to view any processes, you'll find that supspicious processes do not have a manufacturer name.for instamce lssass.exe 's owner is microsoft, and that will be indicated.you can google any suspicous processes directly from within process explorer's window.
for instance, once i saw intserv.exe among my processes. i googled it, and was linked to symantec, sophos and mcafee's sites, where i found info on the malware, and how to remove it.
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by sirfemoz(m): 2:17pm On May 10, 2007
[color=#990000][/color]

The best tin 4 u 2 B on a safer side is 2 backup all D documents on Ur hard drive and then format Ur hard disc. grin
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by Okejazz(m): 9:07pm On May 10, 2007
I'm not no computer geek but some older computers become extremely slow due to the antivirus processes constantly running in the background.

That Stinger is the shiznit.

Of course, if all fails then sirfemoz's advice is the very last resort.

Here are some more free virus scan sites

1.BitDefnder (www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html)
2.AVG (www.free.grisoft.com)
3.MWAV (www.mwti.net/products/mwav/mwav.asp)
4.TREND (housecall.trendmicro.com/)
5.Dr. Web (online.drweb.com)
6.F-Secure (support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml)
7.Virustotal (www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html)
8.MyV3 (http://global.ahnlab.com/products/myv3.html)
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by Coleslove: 11:27am On May 11, 2007
miiday:

why not use Kaspersky Anti-virus, you can get a trial version from their website.

Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 Latest Version. That's d best
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by Bishop7(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2007
Getting freebies or free downloads is a terrible thing. My system was running normally until I decided to get a free Internet SpeedBooster. Now my system is slower than it was before. I think what they do is that they infiltrate these spys to get you to buy the real thing. They are the ones who create these viruses to sell their anti-viruses. Run from Awufu, e dey purge!!
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by akara(m): 5:33pm On May 11, 2007
A double dose of Avira Antivirus and Spybot Search and Distroy will do the trick. It worked for me and Avira does not slow up your system.
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by DoubleN(m): 11:20pm On May 12, 2007
As for me,I use Aavast 4.7 and Spyware Terminator,They work fine for me.You can try them out!
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by Christino(m): 4:42pm On May 14, 2007
Format your PC daily  grin
Re: How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System by Elgaxton(m): 5:08pm On May 14, 2007
well all u need is NOD 32, very powerful to the extent that it got a virus out of avast setup

(1) (Reply)

My Ip Addess / How Can I Set Mtn Gprs Settings On My Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 / Which Is Preferable HP 630 Or Compaq CQ67

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.