Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,287 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (49183 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Tweesy: 6:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
Sorry biddie... Everyone is just so shocked why the nomination was done via text and the regret mail was done via email. Please try understand and sorry for the loss of your mobile phone.
However, please reply to these few questions
Did you apply for a PH.D. in your proposed study in the uk?
If you applied for a Ph.D. Have you benefited from CWS or anyodr scholarship for your masters degree?
Did you graduate with a first class?
However, we all know that God is involved in your nomination but what do you think might have helped you to merit the nomination? e.gcould it be that you answered all the question asked by the panel correctly and confidently or could it Be that you got special awards in your Uni.
I would appreciate your quick response.Do enjoy your day.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by EmanA1928(m): 7:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
Rather than bickering, i would suggest that all who applied and have yet to hear from the commonwealth look to other scholarships and awards.
Somethings you cant explain and the nomination process by the federal scholarship board is one of them.
Is there merit? Sure. Is there nepotism? Sure. Ultimately luck and God's grace counts.
I would wish the process could be refined so that folks dont have to travel great distances only to receive regret mails. It would definitely hurt given the money and time spent.
The commonwealth shared is currently on and a great number of courses are supported. I went via the fsb route and was unsuccessful receiving the regret mail .
However i got the commonwealth shared scholarship for my msc and returned late 2015.
A regret mail isnt the end. If you are good and competitive, you ll find opportunities.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 19, 2016
EmanA1928:
Rather than bickering, i would suggest that all who applied and have yet to hear from the commonwealth look to other scholarships and awards.
Somethings you cant explain and the nomination process by the federal scholarship board is one of them.
Is there merit? Sure. Is there nepotism? Sure. Ultimately luck and God's grace counts.
I would wish the process could be refined so that folks dont have to travel great distances only to receive regret mails. It would definitely hurt given the money and time spent.
The commonwealth shared is currently on and a great number of courses are supported. I went via the fsb route and was unsuccessful receiving the regret mail .
However i got the commonwealth shared scholarship for my msc and returned late 2015.
A regret mail isnt the end. If you are good and competitive, you ll find opportunities.

Congrats in arrears o. And I heard the shared is a lot competitive than the normal Commonwealth. Abeg any tips to a successful application?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tweesy:
Sorry biddie... Everyone is just so shocked why the nomination was done via text and the regret mail was done via email. Please try understand and sorry for the loss of your mobile phone.
However, please reply to these few questions
Did you apply for a PH.D. in your proposed study in the uk?
If you applied for a Ph.D. Have you benefited from CWS or anyodr scholarship for your masters degree?
Did you graduate with a first class?
However, we all know that God is involved in your nomination but what do you think might have helped you to merit the nomination? e.gcould it be that you answered all the question asked by the panel correctly and confidently or could it Be that you got special awards in your Uni.
I would appreciate your quick response.Do enjoy your day.

Thank you. Yes I applied for a PhD and yes I have benefited from other scholarships and awards for both my undergraduate and postgraduate programme. I graduated with a first class and a distinction for my both degrees and have published papers. Also i have done some volunteering services for some few NGOs which counted for my social services. I have also some professional qualifications to my CV.
May I also note that my interview went very well, in fact one of the panellist congratulated me before I left. I hope all these is enough to clarify to you guys that FSB nominated based on pure merit.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by EmanA1928(m): 3:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
As Biddie13 pointed out about herself, those are strategies to a successful application. Good grades (which is something that is gotten by hardwork & within your control), evidence of publications (although the absence of it doesñt hurt an application), evidence of volunteering and/or community services and a well thought out essay as to why you want to study the course you have chosen and what benefits for your home country. @KingJB i hope this answers your questions also.
Her (biddie13) profile is competitive and I believe she will hold her own when pooled with other commonwealth applicants from other countries.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Jefa4real: 10:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
biddie13:

Thank you. Yes I applied for a PhD and yes I have benefited from other scholarships and awards for both my undergraduate and postgraduate programme. I graduated with a first class and a distinction for my both degrees and have published papers. Also i have done some volunteering services for some few NGOs which counted for my social services. I have also some professional qualifications to my CV.
May I also note that my interview went very well, in fact one of the panellist congratulated me before I left. I hope all these is enough to clarify to you guys that FSB nominated based on pure merit.

I RESPECT THIS PROFILE
Your response kinda gives a very clear picture of what is obtainable from a prospective scholar. Congrats to you.
To be frank the panelists who interviewed me didn't didn't take time to peruse important elements in my form such as short Courses and voluntary work.... All the same I believe that merit counts here to a very great extent.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Chigojude: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2016
Congrats biddie13 .... sorry for misunderstanding you. I'm optimistic you'll get the award

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
Jefa4real:

I RESPECT THIS PROFILE
Your response kinda gives a very clear picture of what is obtainable from a prospective scholar. Congrats to you.
To be frank the panelists who interviewed me didn't didn't take time to peruse important elements in my form such as short Courses and voluntary work.... All the same I believe that merit counts here to a very great extent.

Thank you very much. I believe whatever is meant for you can never pass you by. I have tried some scholarships which weren't successful as well. That's why the grace of God is also very important factor.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
Chigojude:
Congrats biddie13 .... sorry for misunderstanding you. I'm optimistic you'll get the award

Thank you very much. By God's grace I will get it and I wish you the very best in all your endeavours

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
biddie13:

Well said. Seriously with this profile, you are worth any scholarship. The picture is clear now. Goodluck in all our endeavors.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
DID anyone get a mail today from one Muhammad Umar? Pls what does that mean
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by greatestman(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
biddie13:
It's a shame that I can't upload the text message on here because I just lost my phone, which is also why I haven't been on here for a while. But please you can either take to believe or not. I guess we will all know of the final selection by April 2017. From what I have read on the CSC website, the fact that your nominating agency nominated you doesn't mean you will be eventually selected for the scholarship. Please let us all be prayerful and hopeful.
If I may ask do you graduate with First Class?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Prudento: 4:18am On Dec 23, 2016
sshola:
DID anyone get a mail today from one Muhammad Umar? Pls what does that mean

what's the content of the mail?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
Prudento:

what's the content of the mail?

I just firgured out its one or the guys on the list. All he wrote was "I WISH ALL THE VERY BEST"...He sent that to a host of others too
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Prudento: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
sshola:

I just firgured out its one or the guys on the list. All he wrote was "I WISH ALL THE VERY BEST"...He sent that to a host of others too
One of the guys on the list?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
Prudento:

One of the guys on the list?

If you viewed the details of the mail that fsb sent to invite you for the interview, you would see a long list of those who also got the same mail as you. That is the list I am referring to
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
Tweesy:
i got an email from the CSB overnight;though unsuccessful...............but i couldnt relate.....by the way, who got a successful email?

tweesy,pm me on whatsapp.tnx
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by ladilawalopen: 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
Daninya11:
I would love to share my experience.

I actually participated in the commonwealth interview in which I fared well but I eventually got the regret mail.

For you to be accredited, you must have the following

1.Your Original degree (M. Sc) applicants and both Original degree and M. Sc degree (PhD) applicants.
2.Academic transcript
3.Medical certificate of fitness from a federal teaching hospital or state hospital
4.Original O'level result be it NECO Or Waec
5.EAS print outs ( 4 copies)
6.N.Y.S.C discharge certificate
7.State of Origin Certificate
8.Admission letter from any U. K University.

Out of these 8, if you can't present 4 or 5,you won't be accredited which implies that you won't be interviewed.

Last year interview was tedious and unorganized. Present yourself at the accreditation Centre very early and write your name before you will be given a tag with a number which will determine when you will be interviewed.

The interview will take play at Nanets Suites. Please endeavor to write your name as that will determine when you will face a panel of 3 professors.
You will be asked questions as follows but it doesn't follow any pattern.
1.describe yourself or can we meet you?.
2.Where do you hail from?
3.What's your course of study and what did you graduate with
4.What's your research topic and how will it develop Nigeria

You should be up to date with political, socio-economic and religious happening in Nigeria
You should be able to say one or two things about Commonwealth ie date of creation member countries etc.
You should know names of political figure head in Nigeria ie full names of Mr President, V.P ,governors etc
You should know states and capital etc.

I actually fared well in the interview last year but I had some shortcomings
1.I didn't go with my academic transcript
2.I didn't have an offer of admission from any U. K University
3.I didn't go with evidence of publication and awards.
Mehn, all the supervisors gave me Zero in those columns.

To be honest with you guys, If you have all these intact, your chances is high as you would have to fight off other candidates from your state. I reiterate that If you have a First class you are sports on. I am saying these based on personal experience. Three of the guys I became friends with who were first class graduates got the scholarship.

I noticed some anomalies in the whole process. There was corruption on a grand scale as supervisors were seen collecting telephone numbers of aspirants. But I don't take excuses for my failures. Yeah I was denied a first class in my university days but I won't let that deter me from achieving my goals and aspirations in life.

I couldn't apply this year because I am yet to get a copy of my transcripts and I am yet to be offered an admission into a U. K University. I am yet to publish my work in a journal. Hopefully I will apply next year when I have these in place. There are no mistakes in life but lessons.
My friends got the commonwealth based on merit and the GRACE OF GOD.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN THIS YEAR'S COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP INTERVIEW.
I PRAY THAT THE MERCY, GRACE, LOVE AND MERCY OF GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH.
Please i really dont know how to apply, should i go straight to the commonwealth scholarship site and apply or go to the FSB?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Jefa4real: 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
ladilawalopen:

Please i really dont know how to apply, should i go straight to the commonwealth scholarship site and apply or go to the FSB?
Application comes usually opens August to October annually. You'll need to apply via the commonwealth scholarship application portal when the time comes.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Jefa4real: 7:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
ladilawalopen:

Application usually opens between August and October annually. You'll need to apply via the commonwealth scholarship application portal when the time comes.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
Jefa4real:

Application usually opens between August and October annually. You'll need to apply via the commonwealth scholarship application portal when the time comes.
Please, I sent you a mail. Kindly reply.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Chigojude: 11:07am On Apr 14, 2017
Hi fellow scholars, any news yet about the FSB nominated Commonwealth? haven't heard of anyone nominated or even awarded. If you were nominated or awarded, kindly indicate

I applied for the Commonwealth shared, one was unsuccessful, waiting for the others.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nothing has been heard of so far o. We are all expectant and praying.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by AcePilot: 1:17am On Apr 16, 2017
Chigojude:
Hi fellow scholars, any news yet about the FSB nominated Commonwealth? haven't heard of anyone nominated or even awarded. If you were nominated or awarded, kindly indicate

I applied for the Commonwealth shared, one was unsuccessful, waiting for the others.

Some were nominated through text messages. No one has come to claim award yet. CSC website says result will be out in April
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by AcePilot: 1:21am On Apr 16, 2017
biddie13:

I got the email unsuccessful email as well but later got a text message signed from FSB that I should ignore the email as I have been nominated! Please who else got a text message How real is this? Anybody has an idea of how often people are rejected even after been nominated Am totally confused here please help!!

Can you please confirm if the CSC has contacted you? Thank you
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 12:43am On Apr 19, 2017
AcePilot:

Can you please confirm if the CSC has contacted you? Thank you
CSC contacted me in January for confirmation of my documents but I haven't heard anything from them after then.
Good luck to us all!
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by AcePilot: 10:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
biddie13:

CSC contacted me in January for confirmation of my documents but I haven't heard anything from them after then.
Good luck to us all!
Glad to hear that. Good luck to us all once again.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Prudento: 10:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
Who knows of another person that was contacted by fsb apart from biddie?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by AcePilot: 8:21am On Apr 22, 2017
biddie13:

Good luck to us all!

It appears CSC has contacted some people yesterday according to discussions on the email thread of the interview by FSB, how about you?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by EmanA1928(m): 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Interesting @AcePilot. Care to throw more light on this? I hope its not the shared commonwealth you are talking about though.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by AcePilot: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
EmanA1928:
Interesting @AcePilot. Care to throw more light on this? I hope its not the shared commonwealth you are talking about though.

Someone on the thread said he knows someone that was nominated through a text message by FSB in December 2016 and he also received an email from CSC yesterday that he has been selected subject to confirmation by his university.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Want To Work From Home? Dailyposts UK Is Recruiting! / Lafarge Africa Graduate Trainee Programme 2021 – Full Time / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.