Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (49215 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
Pushas:
Too bad! Good luck in your application for CSS. Which UK schools are you applying too?

Almost through with Leeds and LSE, might apply to more schools though.

How far with your application?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
khattab008:

Almost through with Leeds and LSE, might apply to more schools though.

How far with your application?
Applying to University of Reading, Bath, LSB and Swansea. Taking the schools One by one. I heard they award the scholarship to First class students most times.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Chigojude: 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pushas:
Applying to University of Reading, Bath, LSB and Swansea. Taking the schools One by one. I heard they award the scholarship to First class students most times.

Yeah, I think a first class increases one's chance but other requirements will also be considered, we can only hope for the best.

All the best with your applications.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Prudento: 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
Today is the dateline for Commonwealth scholarship 2017 nomination by fsb. We should know our fate today via automatic mail from eas
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Jefa4real: 2:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
Prudento:
Today is the dateline for Commonwealth scholarship 2017 nomination by fsb. We should know our fate today via automatic mail from eas
I beg to differ cos FSB does manual screening which requires a longer time to send their nominees to CSC. In past editions everybody got the regret email but the selected few were later contacted.
By the way, I know India had nominated as early as this month, the list if their candidates was published in one if their official websites.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Tweesy: 6:02am On Dec 14, 2016
i got an email from the CSB overnight;though unsuccessful...............but i couldnt relate.....by the way, who got a successful email?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Prudento: 7:30am On Dec 14, 2016
I got a regret mail too
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by akimjoe1988(m): 7:39am On Dec 14, 2016
Hi guys. I got a regret mail from CSC. So disappointing! Pls who got a success email?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 14, 2016
FSB does manuel normination, hence every applicant gets that e-mail, even norminated applicant caues its an electronic mail by April next year the commonwealth comm. Would contact selected individuals. So applicants shouldn't drop hope.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by akimjoe1988(m): 8:30am On Dec 14, 2016
Thanks a lot
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 14, 2016
agalamanyi:
FSB does manuel normination, hence every applicant gets that e-mail, even norminated applicant caues its an electronic mail by April next year the commonwealth comm. Would contact selected individuals. So applicants shouldn't drop hope.
cool cool cool
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
agalamanyi:
I got the email unsuccessful email as well but later got a text message signed from FSB that I should ignore the email as I have been nominated! Please who else got a text message How real is this? Anybody has an idea of how often people are rejected even after been nominated Am totally confused here please help!!

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
Jefa4real:

I beg to differ cos FSB does manual screening which requires a longer time to send their nominees to CSC. In past editions everybody got the regret email but the selected few were later contacted.
By the way, I know India had nominated as early as this month, the list if their candidates was published in one if their official websites.
I got the unsuccessful email as well but later got a text message signed by FSB to ignore the email the I was nominated! Anyone else got the text message?? How real is this?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2016
biddie13:

I got the email unsuccessful email as well but later got a text message signed from FSB that I should ignore the email as I have been nominated! Please who else got a text message How real is this? Anybody has an idea of how often people are rejected even after been nominated Am totally confused here please help!!
Honestly this is the first I'm hearing of this method of notification or even fsb notifying nominated individuals but hey, things change everyday, don't bother yourself if you had other scholarship you want to apply for,please do.
Common wealth commission would contact next year,hence then you would be 100% sure. All the best. And remain very hopeful.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Prudento: 10:35pm On Dec 14, 2016
When did you get the text message
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 8:27am On Dec 15, 2016
Prudento:
When did you get the text message
Yesterday as well
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Jefa4real: 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
biddie13:

I got the unsuccessful email as well but later got a text message signed by FSB to ignore the email the I was nominated! Anyone else got the text message?? How real is this?
Honestly I guess you've been nominated in that case.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Prudento: 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
Can we take this to mean that only one person was nominated for Scholarship this year?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
Since only about 15 people have been commenting on this thrend, could one assume that only 15 people applied?
Prudento:
Can we take this to mean that only one person was nominated for Scholarship this year?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Prudento: 6:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
God will judge the fsb for the way they bring people from thousands of kilometers, make them spend money they don't have, expose them to dangers, only to simply treat them like trash after the interview. If it is true that nepotism is their major basis for selections, I pray that their children and coming generations experience what I have experienced in this life so that someone can add to it by treating them the way they have treated me. I spent close to 25k on medical certificate, transport etc
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
Prudento:
God will judge the fsb for the way they bring people from thousands of kilometers, make them spend money they don't have, expose them to dangers, only to simply treat them like trash after the interview. If it is true that nepotism is their major basis for selections, I pray that their children and coming generations experience what I have experienced in this life so that someone can add to it by treating them the way they have treated me. I spent close to 25k on medical certificate, transport etc
Why so angry man? You are not even sure, you weren't nominated! Then it's an event that you can't be certain of the outcome, that you were not picked(that's if you weren't) doesn't mean FSB was nepotistic! You chose to apply, FSB didn't cajole you to,so you were ready to take the shot. Don't whine be hopeful
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by guiddoti: 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
agalamanyi:

Why so angry man? You are not even sure, you weren't nominated! Then it's an event that you can't be certain of the outcome, that you were not picked(that's if you weren't) doesn't mean FSB was nepotistic! You chose to apply, FSB didn't cajole you to,so you were ready to take the shot. Don't whine be hopeful
What are you saying? Proof to me FSB can't be nepotistic? Though, I may not fully support anyone cursing the board members, but I expect FSB to diversify the screening to geographical zones.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Chigojude: 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
I feel that guy/girl is lying. At least one more person would have confirmed receipt of the nomination text. can you screenshot to show us proof?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
guiddoti:
What are you saying? Proof to me FSB can't be nepotistic? Though, I may not fully support anyone cursing the board members, but I expect FSB to diversify the screening to geographical zones.
The singular fact that you applied, means you have faith that they would be fair.
And certainly no matter how nepotistic FSB is they must be slots for merit.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Prudento: 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
Must everything be based on slots? After hijacking the Country's resources, UK is just telling them nominate well deserved people to us let us fund with our money. Okay, if they know they want to do slots, why not simply do online nomination the way UK universities do on Commonwealth shared scholarship? I came from the far south, had to use chisco luxurious night bus, load fell on me en route, tire busted on the road, I arrived same day of interview, couldn't even find a place to bath until evening, etc etc etc... God will judge them if they didn't do the right thing.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by guiddoti: 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2016
agalamanyi:

The singular fact that you applied, means you have faith that they would be fair.
Sure! 100% slot for merit. No nepotism.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
Prudento:
Must everything be based on slots? After hijacking the Country's resources, UK is just telling them nominate well deserved people to us let us fund with our money. Okay, if they know they want to do slots, why not simply do online nomination the way UK universities do on Commonwealth shared scholarship? I came from the far south, had to use chisco luxurious night bus, load fell on me en route, tire busted on the road, I arrived same day of interview, couldn't even find a place to bath until evening, etc etc etc... God will judge them if they didn't do the right thing.

grin grin
Bruhhhhh.. ..calm down abeg
No let that guy give you hypertension

FSB has not contacted anybody that s/he has been nominated. Call their numbers to confirm.

Anybody claiming otherwise should post the proof here or should please Gerrarhia.. . angry
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
agalamanyi:

You are right on this. I KNOW people who got the scholarship on merit. Pure merit.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
I don't know what you guys are talking about but I did get a text message from fsb and it came from one of their advertised numbers and I also spoke to a member of staff of fsb who confirmed it for me. I don't have anyone or any influence on fsb nomination criteria but if truly I have been nominated then I want to believe it's God's grace and the selection process is based on pure merit.
I only came on here to find out if there were more people who also got the text message. I'm sorry if my communication on here might have caused any misunderstanding.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 2:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
It's a shame that I can't upload the text message on here because I just lost my phone, which is also why I haven't been on here for a while. But please you can either take to believe or not. I guess we will all know of the final selection by April 2017. From what I have read on the CSC website, the fact that your nominating agency nominated you doesn't mean you will be eventually selected for the scholarship. Please let us all be prayerful and hopeful.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Jefa4real: 3:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
biddie13:
I don't know what you guys are talking about but I did get a text message from fsb and it came from one of their advertised numbers and I also spoke to a member of staff of fsb who confirmed it for me. I don't have anyone or any influence on fsb nomination criteria but if truly I have been nominated then I want to believe it's God's grace and the selection process is based on pure merit.
I only came on here to find out if there were more people who also got the text message. I'm sorry if my communication on here might have caused any misunderstanding.
Bidie don't get upset it's just that some of us are anxious and just can't manage a rejection news or whatever.
Kindly confirm if you finished with a first class and your geopolitical zone.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Want To Work From Home? Dailyposts UK Is Recruiting! / Lafarge Africa Graduate Trainee Programme 2021 – Full Time / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.