Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,948 members, 7,845,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Why Nigeria Can't Diversify - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Nigeria Can't Diversify (381 Views)

I Want To Diversify 40% Of My Investment In Agriculture To Real Estate / Diversify And Invest On Properties: Crowdfunding On Winthrills Network / Top 5 Reasons Why Nigeria Might Never Produce Another Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Can't Diversify by ariesbull: 2:13am On Aug 13, 2016
Diversification, diversification and diversification. Such a big word, so sublime that it sounds good to the ears. Yes, this has been the mantra by the present government and we welcomed it with both hands. What Nigeria isn’t ready for as it stands today is the sacrifice that diversification requires. Crude oil must be sacrificed on the altar of diversification.

Can the country go the whole nine yards? As it looks now ,this is in doubt. The country is still in love with crude oil and thus making the romance crude.With billions pumped at Lake Chad basin in search for elusive oil. In pursuit of the elitist me mentorship club of oil producing region from the Northern Nigeria, we are losing this concept and losing it fast to status quo which is mono economy.

We are yet to see it, maybe our intellect hasn’t been diversified. I think that we have to diversify our mind before the economy. Why pump so much money in search for this black gold where we have them in abundance here in South. From Anambra to Ondo, from Abia to Cross River there are abundance of Hydrocarbon evidences, so why waste billions in search for the black gold. That billions used in the pursuit of oil in north can be used in creating hubs and Research and Development centres across the nation....https://etimesafrica./2016/08/13/nigerias-lips-service-to-diversification/#more-555

(1) (Reply)

Investing In Yourself And Future. Invest In Property / Money Vs Currency: Do You Know The Difference? / How To Deal Effectively With Economic Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.