Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering (22135 Views)

Budget Padding: EFCC Grills Jibrin For Seven Hours / Jibrin On Channels TV. Talks About Budget Padding (Pics) / Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by damon222: 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mylove55:
are u begging pple to start hating what they love, u cant brainwash pple to hate pmb, we all love him, all d corrupt souls wil be witch-hunt,
God will never allow you and apc members to downturn this country. jubrin has reported a very big corrupt case against Dogara and if you are one of those northerners to abandon Dogara and go after Jubrin, I will pray against you too.
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by thedarkside: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
return our yams...or else,we will crucify you.......on a bicycle!!!!!!... angry angry angry angry angry
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by damon222: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
Paperwhite:
We need a revolution now or God should please wipe Nigeria from the world.
What we should do is to pray to God for punishment. We cannot run a country where there are human being like barbarians and very foolish government. If this story is true, then God should punishe this coutry now.
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
Horsesmouth:

You have written absolute rubbish.

Jibrin or whatever his name is took documents to security agencies accusing Dogara of budget padding. Budget is an abstract not physical cash. No one understands what padding really means and how to appropriately charge the accusations. Jibrin has succeeded in wasting his time and the time of clowns all over Nigeria who are screaming budget padding.

Dogara on d other hand has accused Jibrin or whatever his name is of a real crime, money laundering from real and past and actual government expenditure. Police can charge it easily. The laws are clear.

Budget padding is an intent to steal, it's obtaining by tricks, it is deception, it is abuse of office and it is definitely corruption!

It is punishable by law and anyone saying its not is stretching the facts!

It's like saying a man arrested in the midst of attempted robbery can not be charged to court because he has not finished his plans! This is as ridiculous as they come !
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
omo dem wan crucify the messenger o. insteal of them to quiz and grill dogara they are focusing on jibrin. fvcking hypocritical govt. i rememba apc say that if jibrin doesnt keep his mouth shut that there will be sanctions. b like say dis one na one of d sanctions.
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by coolscott(m): 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
swagaholic:
I refuse to believe these news
Well, it is published by vanguard.
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by Horsesmouth: 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=Flyingngel post=48450996][/quote]

Ok, sorry.
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by Horsesmouth: 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
krendo:

Budget padding is an intent to steal, it's obtaining by tricks, it is deception, it is abuse of office and it is definitely corruption!

It's like saying a man arrested in the midst of attempted robbery can not be charged to court because he has not finished his plans! This is as ridiculous as they come !

This is what I make of it.

A bag of rice in 2105 was 9k. Hypothetically, in trying to defraud a company, the finance manager can budget 20k per bag for 2016 sallah gifts to clients. No money has changed hands in 2015. Pls what is the crime in this?

Then by 2106 Buharis change makes bag of rice sell for 17k. If the finance mgr had budgeted 10k would he meet the required quantity?
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by CioAngels(f): 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
Oasis007:

http://m.guardian.ng/news/budget-padding-jibrin-may-face-arrest-as-efcc-brings-up-money-laundering-charges/

Ha, Nigerian politicians, case has come to a close. Jubrin, dogara will use you as a escape goat, what a shame. Poor Nigerians, anyone that can steal from our collective common wealth should go ahead and do so becos His grace will see you through.
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by Horsesmouth: 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
krendo:

The problem I have with Nigeria is that people sensationalise trivialties in the name of settling political scores which are personal, then throw up a temporal lexicon (eg budget padding), and Nigerians begin to debate on an issue that they do not even comprehend.

The media and Police do not even help matters because they do not even know their jobs.

What is budget padding? What crime or tort is committed therein? - These should be what the media and police should investigate and release informative statements upon. Alas, everyone is insinuating fraud and calling Dogara names.

Firstly, a budget is a forecast - it is a shame that in Nigeria, the 2016 budget which should ordinarily have been wrapped up in Q4 Fiscal 2015 is still unresolved in Q3 Fiscal 2016.

Secondly, a budget should ordinarily be an assumptive and discretionary representation of forecasted revenues and expenditure/expenses. The revenues are usually understated by benchmark rules (eg pegging crude oil price at $50/bl) and the expenditure overstated to allow for certain shocks (eg inflation and exchange rate differential).

Ergo, all budgets are padded if I should borrow the contemporary diversionary lexicon.

Jibrin should provide evidence of financial gain directly attributable to Dogara by exercise of that discretion if fair value principles were not adopted in arriving at those estimates. Then we can begin to talk of a financial crime. Then EFCC can invite Dogara. In the absence of this, I dont see any reason why Dogara should even pick a call from EFCC.

This whole new saga is just vague, like every other Nigerian matter. No head, no tail.

Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
Horsesmouth:

This is what I make of it.

A bag of rice in 2105 was 9k. Hypothetically, in trying to defraud a company, the finance manager can budget 20k per bag for 2016 sallah gifts to clients. No money has changed hands in 2015. Pls what is the crime in this?

Then by 2106 Buharis change makes bag of rice sell for 17k. If the finance mgr had budgeted 10k would he meet the required quantity?

Lol

Nice try. I will not get into a debate on what should be a realistic inflation target in Nigeria because Buhari economics is hopeless and perhaps his budget planners know how astronomical inflation will rise under Buhari

And things like the Federal Government paying rent in Aso Rock what do you call that
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by Flyingngel(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=Horsesmouth post=48455183]

Ok, sorry.

No problem, we r good.
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by Horsesmouth: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
krendo:

Lol

Nice try. I will not get into a debate on what should be a realistic inflation target in Nigeria because Buhari economics is hopeless and perhaps his budget planners know how astronomical inflation will rise under Buhari

And things like the Federal Government paying rent in Aso Rock what do you call that

You see that everything in Nigeria is pear shaped.

Dont get me wrong, I am not absolving Dogara. By all means if this was UK both Dogara and Jibrin would be in jail or out of the party, we saw instances of David Miliband, Ed Miliband and David Cameron over less matters like Panama Leaks.

But with Nigeria, I try to be a bit realistic about my expectations. There is no justice in Nigeria, so when I see a case like this budget padding which is not watertight and has legal loopholes, I know that it is a waste of my time to even deliberate or debate on it.

Nigeria matter na just waste of time.
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by KissCODE(m): 4:59am On Aug 14, 2016
AsoRockz01:

Heyyyy my fellow compatriot! The truth,only the truth aand nothing but the truth is what will set free.
Don't let your love for A P C block your sense of reasoning.
I am a wailer.
Bros I am also a WAILER...
But the word "padding" was introduced by APC to discredit PDP's 16 years of NA control.
Bros... assembly members are elected to remove, add or leave budgets as they came to them. They must not rubber stamp what the executive presented to them.

Dogara did no wrong... He increased his constituency's budget... Yes thats the privilege his constituency will get from him as the speaker... I will also do the same if i were him...
Jubrin is a drowning man... he is looking for way to gain Bubu's favour...
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by KissCODE(m): 5:03am On Aug 14, 2016
Oasis007:

If sincerely you want to know what Dogara and Co do wrong..... you should check Jibrin Tweeter Handle! Dogara padded the Budget for his personal gains, same as other alleged Representatives!
lolzzzz... What will his constituency gain if after 4years they didnt get any special profit for their son being the speaker of the house of assembly?
Dogara and co did what i will also do if i am in their shoes.
you people prosecute Dogara, but left Bubu who has included all hi village illiterates in government and they are running Nigeria aground.
Dogara is not our problem... APC & BUHARI IS OUR PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY TODAY
Re: EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering by nellyelitz(m): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

I've made it clear nah! I am simply a concerned Nigerian that believe in the administration of PMB!
OK then zombie is ur case or the other one cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Ojukwu Release Awolowo From Prison / Buhari Orders 4,000 Coronavirus Tests Daily / Forgive Boko-Haram: Turai Pleads With Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.