Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,759 members, 7,831,446 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (676105 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ferdinad: 11:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
No replies yet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 12:29am On Oct 03, 2016
christobam01:
Guys I'm about to apply to Lee university with an high SAT score and excellent WAEC result which means I qualify for full scholarship.The problem I have is this,it is stated on their website that I send my financial documents which is really a problem given that my dad's bank account ain't buoyant and I can't ask my aunt for her bank statement until I get d admission.
I know a lot of u guys weren't buoyant financially in Nigeria while applying for admission so ow did u escape d financial statement palaver.

Why not look for another school that doesn't require financial statements up front? Most don't.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 1:11am On Oct 03, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
happy new month fam, i rewrote my GRE today and i had 320. i am happy to be back.
You aced the GRE mehn.
Congrats and pls try and spread your risks.
A few safe schools won't be bad at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 03, 2016
Fortissimo502:

Why not look for another school that doesn't require financial statements up front? Most don't.

Most? I don't think so. All schools I applied to ask for bank statements. There was a particular school that didn't even send i20 because I didn't my sponsor was specific in how much she was going to drop annually despite sending my bank statement.
My opinions though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:17am On Oct 03, 2016
christobam01:
Guys I'm about to apply to Lee university with an high SAT score and excellent WAEC result which means I qualify for full scholarship.The problem I have is this,it is stated on their website that I send my financial documents which is really a problem given that my dad's bank account ain't buoyant and I can't ask my aunt for her bank statement until I get d admission.
I know a lot of u guys weren't buoyant financially in Nigeria while applying for admission so ow did u escape d financial statement palaver.

Man, if the christian university in Tennessee, I'd advice to try elsewhere.
With my "good" SAT score, they gave me $7000 leaving me to pay 14k. Which wasn't an option for me.
But hey! Everybody's case is different so, Goodluck!
As for that bank statement ehn,the average school would ask for it.
I stand to be corrected.
I
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omodadi2: 2:47am On Oct 03, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
happy new month fam, i rewrote my GRE today and i had 320. i am happy to be back.
congratulations, wishing you all the best.
Pls which materials did you use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 3:27am On Oct 03, 2016
tomisinobbm:

Most? I don't think so. All schools I applied to ask for bank statements. There was a particular school that didn't even send i20 because I didn't my sponsor was specific in how much she was going to drop annually despite sending my bank statement.
My opinions though.

I meant up front as in at the point of application (before admission). I've heard of only a handful of schools that require applicants to show financial resources before they are offered admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by okesammie: 3:31am On Oct 03, 2016
BAAAADDDDDDOOOOOOO
sureb0y:
Since y'all are marketing schools, lemme market my own sef.
We no dey shout too much... if you want girls wey get big yansh... this is the right place to come. Everybody dey drive dodge, cardillac and benz. Yansh dey flow up and down. Party school, free pizza, free faaji, and darn... girls with big yansh full everywhere. you go fear graduate assistant with mad ass yaaansh and tattoo all over her body. na yansh we get for here, we no too get time for books. People are tooo nice here too, chei. I go buy something downstairs, ask the sales clerk to direct me to post office, the guy explain sotey as I no get am, he felt so bad. picked up his phone and called a friend say make that one pleeeeeease come carry me go and back. guess what? The friend agreed. Na so I see one picanto-like car pull up after some minutes. guess wetin come out of the car... YAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNSSSSHHHHH!!!! About 5ft 6" with hips wey wan send me back to my village. her yansh no be from here. I just dey come back from the post office, chei. Don't waste 2 years of your life studying like ode. remember you have little time before you get married and miss out on all the fun Yansh.

I just secured apartment. Private student housing, guess what? I chose the co-ed option. boys and gehs, 4 bedroom flat with private baths and shared living room. Na new facilities, swimming pool, gym, club, lounge, etc. For the next two years, na yansh go surround me. cheesy cheesy cheesy Make all of una dey chase cgpa and nonsense STEM. me I go dey here dey enjoy my life dey go. Awon ti furo iyeneme cheesy girls wey dey squat die for gym. chei... This is the place to be.

On the academic sense... I don't know so much cos lectures never start. Don't pm me and be asking me for OPT/STEM and all those efiko things abeg. Let's leave the "sadness" for mid-semester. Right now, iyalaya won. make we dey flow dey go.

Peace out!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 5:15am On Oct 03, 2016
motifoluwasolami:

i used 5lb Manhattan and power prepII

Share with me the 5lb Manhattan. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 5:24am On Oct 03, 2016
Good morning,

Please, who can help me scrutinize my statement of purpose. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Lollyduke: 5:34am On Oct 03, 2016
Good morning people in the house, I need a help on how I could get admission into a school in U S, am a practicing lawyer in Nigeria but I like to go to the America law school to enable me practicing over there as well. Pls what can I do? Thanks.i need a very cogent and first hand information to accelerate my plans.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 6:02am On Oct 03, 2016
Ajibade105:
Good morning,

Please, who can help me scrutinize my statement of purpose. Thanks
Send me a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:07am On Oct 03, 2016
christobam01:

If u have a good sat then don't limit yourself to only this school ..... There are other full ride scholarship for undergraduate and also schools that don't ask for bank statement upfront. A good don't ask for it until after admissions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Lollyduke: 6:09am On Oct 03, 2016
Lollyduke:
Good morning people in the house, I need a help on how I could get admission into a school in U S, am a practicing lawyer in Nigeria but I like to go to the America law school to enable me practicing over there as well. Pls what can I do? Thanks.i need a very cogent and first hand information to accelerate my plans.
Lollyduke:
Lollyduke:
Good morning people in the house, I need a help on how I could get admission into a school in U S, am a practicing lawyer in Nigeria but I like to go to the America law school to enable me practicing over there as well. Pls what can I do? Thanks.i need a very cogent and first hand information to accelerate my plans.[hello oooo I need a mentor mostly on how to go about G R E pls, am so curious about this if possible let me get a direct contact that I can be contacted pls.most grateful.[quote author=Walspring post=48442026]Welcome to part 10 and Favour of God will work for us all in Jesus name.

Imagine part 9 starts from May 13 2016 (Friday) and closed August 13 2016 (Saturday)

Thanks to all those who stayed behind this thread and assisted others even out of their busy schedules.

We are going higher!

We are moving forward!

We are all one as one family!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2016
sureb0y:
Since y'all are marketing schools, lemme market my own sef.
We no dey shout too much... if you want girls wey get big yansh... this is the right place to come. Everybody dey drive dodge, cardillac and benz. Yansh dey flow up and down. Party school, free pizza, free faaji, and darn... girls with big yansh full everywhere. you go fear graduate assistant with mad ass yaaansh and tattoo all over her body. na yansh we get for here, we no too get time for books. People are tooo nice here too, chei. I go buy something downstairs, ask the sales clerk to direct me to post office, the guy explain sotey as I no get am, he felt so bad. picked up his phone and called a friend say make that one pleeeeeease come carry me go and back. guess what? The friend agreed. Na so I see one picanto-like car pull up after some minutes. guess wetin come out of the car... YAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNSSSSHHHHH!!!! About 5ft 6" with hips wey wan send me back to my village. her yansh no be from here. I just dey come back from the post office, chei. Don't waste 2 years of your life studying like ode. remember you have little time before you get married and miss out on all the fun Yansh.

I just secured apartment. Private student housing, guess what? I chose the co-ed option. boys and gehs, 4 bedroom flat with private baths and shared living room. Na new facilities, swimming pool, gym, club, lounge, etc. For the next two years, na yansh go surround me. cheesy cheesy cheesy Make all of una dey chase cgpa and nonsense STEM. me I go dey here dey enjoy my life dey go. Awon ti furo iyeneme cheesy girls wey dey squat die for gym. chei... This is the place to be.

On the academic sense... I don't know so much cos lectures never start. Don't pm me and be asking me for OPT/STEM and all those efiko things abeg. Let's leave the "sadness" for mid-semester. Right now, iyalaya won. make we dey flow dey go.

Peace out!
Lol, bro, you're a damn womanizer.

Why not just pick one and take your eyes off other women. HIV/STD still exist.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Lollyduke: 7:16am On Oct 03, 2016
femi321:
wooooooooooooooooow. Congratulation dear. So happy for you
. Bro pls can u put me on how u got it done as to every information needed to enable me getting a descern expected result? I wil really appreciate it if u can. Thanks I wil be expecting ur message.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 7:16am On Oct 03, 2016
Fortissimo502:

All schools ask for financial statement before issuing an I20..

So he can't escape it unless he doesn't want to attend the school at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 7:19am On Oct 03, 2016
tomisinobbm:

Man, if the christian university in Tennessee, I'd advice to try elsewhere.
With my "good" SAT score, they gave me $7000 leaving me to pay 14k. Which wasn't an option for me.
But hey! Everybody's case is different so, Goodluck!
As for that bank statement ehn,the average school would ask for it.
I stand to be corrected.
I

All schools ask for it before they will issue i20 to applicants
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 7:21am On Oct 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If u have a good sat then don't limit yourself to only this school ..... There are other full ride scholarship for undergraduate and also schools that don't ask for bank statement upfront. A good no ask for it after admissions

Exactly before they issue i20 to successful applicants
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:14am On Oct 03, 2016
Walspring:

Does that mean any student they asked is a qualified one already without a formal notification?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:24am On Oct 03, 2016
Walspring:

Typed with sleep eye .... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:26am On Oct 03, 2016
sobastical:

Does that mean any student they asked is a qualified one already without a formal notification?

No its just means the school chooses that before they even review any application they want to see if u can afford it ......money conscious style....... some schools do this but I would say very few . ... a good number only ask when it's time to issue i20 .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:28am On Oct 03, 2016
Walspring:

I think d key difference is.... if u are asked before admission then u are expected to show the full balance.....but if asked after admissions and if given scholarship then the bank balance u show is less the amount of scholarship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ugosshhh: 8:44am On Oct 03, 2016
Hi guys...in filling the ds 160 form for my F1 do i have to select that i have made specific travel plans?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 8:47am On Oct 03, 2016
Walspring:

Yeah true. But christobam was asking about sending bank statements before admission. Hence my post. He said he can't ask his aunty for her bank statements before he gets admission. That's why I sed he should look for another. In my experience, i didn't see many schools that requested bank statements before they offer you admission. That's an unecessary application burden.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2016
happyday:

Send me a PM.

I just did bro. This is my email ajibade.kehinde@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2016
ugosshhh:
Hi guys...in filling the ds 160 form for my F1 do i have to select that i have made specific travel plans?

No need bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by khulthum: 11:21am On Oct 03, 2016
hi guys....pls I jus got an admission for spring 2017 ...I opted to using regular airmail (nipost)for shipping my i20 to nigeria ..does any one how long it will take before i recieve it .the sch mailed to tell me they shipped it out last week Friday...cos Im hoping to book a visa appointment by november...I'm jus hoping and praying my i20 gets ere before den....Pls anyone who knows how long it takes to get a parcel sent via nipost?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 11:24am On Oct 03, 2016
Would one use that to rate a school as well or what?

LagosismyHome:

No its just means the school chooses that before they even review any application they want to see if u can afford it ......money conscious style....... some schools do this but I would say very few . ... a good number only ask when it's time to issue i20 .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2016
Hello Guys, i have heard they ask for any standardize test in interview, i have toefl, do i still need to write GRE. My sch does not need gre
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2016
sobastical:
Would one use that to rate a school as well or what?

No I don't think it has any bearing to rating... Just a money conscious school that all for whatever historical reasons ........

As for rating that info will be on Google or other sites

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.