Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671769 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
meekandholy:

140 ke? abeg ja mi si and save me from this $1500/semester insurance.
I used ISO.
My school allowed us to purchase health insurance outside. It's not like it's compulsory to pay the said amount though some OBO decided to pay the $600/semester.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fizzile(m): 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
OluDare01:

I used ISO.
My school allowed us to purchase health insurance outside. It's not like it's compulsory to pay the said amount though some OBO decided to pay the $600/semester.
Omor hwfa naa.. longest time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
fizzile:
Omor hwfa naa.. longest time
I dey o baba.
Hope you dey enjoy the UK?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
meekandholy:

140 ke? abeg ja mi si and save me from this $1500/semester insurance.
what? 1500? hahhahahahaha..OBO. send me an email, i dont want to put the insurance website here so i wont get banned. I paid $301 last semester, if i were to go by my school's own i would have paid $1111
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
amanze15:
hello everyone is there any reason why the call apps decided to increase international call rates to Nigeria undecided undecided

U know what I just noticed it today ooo but wasn't sure . Before i talk finish my rebtel top up finished and was like did the rate go up or something
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
happyday:

Are you in Louisiana?

Not I am not longer a student but got an internship through National Black in the days so I highly recommend it for Naija MBA students

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Theyjih: 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
i guess it's high time we start a credit union.. this change na unto another level... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abduldope(m): 12:19am On Oct 04, 2016
Walspring:

You go to college board site to download or buy or you go to yaba or Ojuelegba market and buy it
tnx am nt in Lag tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abduldope(m): 12:19am On Oct 04, 2016
Walspring:

You go to college board site to download or buy or you go to yaba or Ojuelegba market and buy it
tnx bt i dnt base at Lag tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 1:12am On Oct 04, 2016
smithjanetstore:
Where's everyone in da house

Imperiouxx
Ojap
Yvette
Anthonymighty
Olakunle

I can't remember everybody
I don miss una gan

lols. You came by like wind. I check here once a day but no time to write comments.

I got a really tight schedule since last month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 1:44am On Oct 04, 2016
Walspring:

Maybe recession in Nigeria caused it..

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by vinci500: 2:36am On Oct 04, 2016
Masters
Walspring:

Masters or bachelor degree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 6:20am On Oct 04, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Not I am not longer a student but got an internship through National Black in the days so I highly recommend it for Naija MBA students
OK, Thanks for clarifying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2016
Morning PEEPS!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 8:55am On Oct 04, 2016
akaymotus:

Thanks to all the gurus in the house, I have been a silent follower though asked some few questions earlier and I got quick response. You guys are doing a great job here.

My visa was approved last week,
Transcript:

VO: Good morning, your document
ME: Good morning (gave her both my document & my wife's).
VO: You are going to Nova southeastern University, FL
ME: Yes, for masters in Computer software Engineering
VO: Tell me a research topic in computer software engineering you are interested in
ME: (Chai, wasn't prepared for this question) well, Computer software interaction
VO: Can you discuss more about it?
ME: Sure, (I really don't know much, it's just one of the courses I am to register for) computer interaction basically defines the connection between softwares ( gave examples of some software in the Banking industry and how they interact lol).
VO: okay, why Nova?
ME: I actually applied to two schools, picked NOVA because I was impressed with their timely response to enquiries. I also had a good relationship with my program advisor, (mentioned her name) she was really helpful .
VO: How long have you been married?
ME & Wife: 3 months
VO: OK, congrats visa approved. Kindly pick your document at..........didn't wait to hear the rest. Took the white paper and left happily.
congrat bro...enjoy ur trip to Obamaland...we self da hope for the best soon...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 11:02am On Oct 04, 2016
I want to understand this your transcript. Did you apply for F1 visa with your wife?. Check your email, you have a PM. Thanks

akaymotus:

Thanks to all the gurus in the house, I have been a silent follower though asked some few questions earlier and I got quick response. You guys are doing a great job here.

My visa was approved last week,
Transcript:

VO: Good morning, your document
ME: Good morning (gave her both my document & my wife's).
VO: You are going to Nova southeastern University, FL
ME: Yes, for masters in Computer software Engineering
VO: Tell me a research topic in computer software engineering you are interested in
ME: (Chai, wasn't prepared for this question) well, Computer software interaction
VO: Can you discuss more about it?
ME: Sure, (I really don't know much, it's just one of the courses I am to register for) computer interaction basically defines the connection between softwares ( gave examples of some software in the Banking industry and how they interact lol).
VO: okay, why Nova?
ME: I actually applied to two schools, picked NOVA because I was impressed with their timely response to enquiries. I also had a good relationship with my program advisor, (mentioned her name) she was really helpful .
VO: How long have you been married?
ME & Wife: 3 months
VO: OK, congrats visa approved. Kindly pick your document at..........didn't wait to hear the rest. Took the white paper and left happily.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 11:08am On Oct 04, 2016
Hello,

Did you receive my email this morning? Enjoy your day bro

happyday:

OK, Thanks for clarifying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ajibade105:
I want to understand this your transcript. Did you apply for F1 visa with your wife?. Check your email, you have a PM. Thanks

Its very normal for married couple to apply together ... The main applicant going to school will be F1 and dependants F2.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cseejhay: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
pls has visa fee increased, was told 53,600 by GTB customer care rep and was told 54,400 by the guy at the Bank.Bussiness/ tourist visa same 54,400. has it always been this way? is this correct? pls where can i confirm the authentic price? someone pls. thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
cseejhay:
pls has visa fee increased, was told 53,600 by GTB customer care rep and was told 54,400 by the guy at the Bank.Bussiness/ tourist visa same 54,400. has it always been this way? is this correct? pls where can i confirm the authentic price? someone pls. thanks.
Yes thats the amount..pay fast..It might increase again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
cseejhay:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

Yes that is the new price now till 11/ 10 /16 .......53,600 ended yesterday . The US embassy official site link above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
Many thanks for taking your time to explain this to me. Is the dependant(s) allow to work while someone is on F1 visa?
LagosismyHome:

Its very normal for married couple to apply together ... The main applicant going to school will be F1 and dependants F2.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ajibade105:
Many thanks for taking your time to explain this to me. Is the dependant(s) allow to work while someone is on F1 visa?

The visa is somewhat limiting.... The F2 can stay legally in america and go in and out as long as the F1 is valid ...however F2 is not allowed to work or attend school full time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
Chai, what can he/she do to work in the state?

LagosismyHome:

The visa is somewhat limiting.... The F2 can stay legally in america and go in and out as long as the F1 is valid ...however F2 is not allowed to work or attend school full time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dramaka(m): 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
amanze15:
hello everyone is there any reason why the call apps decided to increase international call rates to Nigeria undecided undecided

Yeah. It's been like over a week since it took effect. HotVoip that charged 10 Euros for 330 mins now charges same for a meagre 128 minutes. That's more than a 50% cut! It's just double tragedy; even with the Naira being weak, we still have to put down more foreign currency for same talktime. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
pls hw do i get ds Manhattan and PrepII

motifoluwasolami:

i used 5lb Manhattan and power prepII
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
cseejhay:

if the staff of Gtbank who will process the fee told you the 54,400 why doubting ?

Don't you know that the visa fee amount is always written on the receipt boldly ?

Let's try and understand that there are somethings we don't need to doubt at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
i have 2 kaplan textbooks, so i cn give out one.

Who needs it? Lagos location
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ajibade105:
Chai, what can he/she do to work in the state?

well might be hard but i know of someone who spouse is in the medical lab tech field .......was able to get a job that filed for the spouse , so changed from f2 to H1b and then was able to work . These options are rare but possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
LagosismyHome:

U know what I just noticed it today ooo but wasn't sure . Before i talk finish my rebtel top up finished and was like did the rate go up or something
those ones na theives before na, 8 dollars for 80 mins, or 15 dollars for 160 mins, something must be wrong though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
House anybody written TOEFL at Prime Innovation Institute in Ajah?

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.