Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,521 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (675899 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

No I don't think it has any bearing to rating... Just a money conscious school that all for whatever historical reasons ........

As for rating that info will be on Google or other sites

Okies.. thanks ma'am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
i think it depends on what you're putting in for.. like Bsc good toefl is okay for that while for Msc GRE and TOEFL with good scores is okay too

fatanu:
Hello Guys, i have heard they ask for any standardize test in interview, i have toefl, do i still need to write GRE. My sch does not need gre
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
A PM would have been cool bro!
SAMUELS3:
Mr. Texrem, please confirm payment. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
sobastical:
i think it depends on what you're putting in for.. like Bsc good toefl is okay for that while for Msc GRE and TOEFL with good scores is okay too

Going for Msc, can't i tender only TOEFL when the VO ask for any standardize test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by khulthum: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
please can someone reply dis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by khulthum: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
khulthum:
hi guys....pls I jus got an admission for spring 2017 ...I opted to using regular airmail (nipost)for shipping my i20 to nigeria ..does any one how long it will take before i recieve it .the sch mailed to tell me they shipped it out last week Friday...cos Im hoping to book a visa appointment by november...I'm jus hoping and praying my i20 gets ere before den....Pls anyone who knows how long it takes to get a parcel sent via nipost?
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE REPLY DIS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by motifoluwasolami: 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ajibade105:

Share with me the 5lb Manhattan. Thanks
you can drop your mail, or send a blank mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com. not sure of the email above though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
pls house is Utah a nice place to study at? like i have schools i can apply to there but i just wanna know more about the place because i wanna study my indergraduate studies in the U.S so pls any info i would appreciate...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
Its not all time the VO asked for that but it is ideal to have it at hand
And for having TOEFL alone, well most folks combined it with GRE to claim some means of funding through some open scholarships based on merits of you UG grade, good TOEFL AND GRE score.

fatanu:

Going for Msc, can't i tender only TOEFL when the VO ask for any standardize test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
AJANIEmmanuel78:
pls house is Utah a nice place to study at? like i have schools i can apply to there but i just wanna know more about the place because i wanna study my indergraduate studies in the U.S so pls any info i would appreciate...

You can do a research on your own on that.. Google should suffice.

Things to check: Cost of living in that particular city the school is situated and prolly the school academic expenses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
sobastical:

You can do a research on your own on that.. Google should suffice.

Things to check: Cost of living in that particular city the school is situated and prolly the school academic expenses.
ok thank u so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
khulthum:

Can you request for tracking from the school?

If not then wait for about 2 weeks, though it should not be more than that.

Cc: Walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
AJANIEmmanuel78:

ok thank u so much

All thanks to God sir
And our boss on this platform might come with further inputs later on
Just be expectant. Shalom!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kellykings84: 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
Being a lawyer already I Nigeria, you do not need to attend law school again in America. What u need to do is go to dis site, lsac.org, u re to evaluate your transcript from from university and law school in Nigeria.
After they evaluate ur results, you are t apply for a masters in law in any of the American University of ur choice.
After your program, u can den be eligible to write d bar exams nd start practice. D masters is 1yr then internship.
Some persons choose to just attend d law school all over again here, not my advice since u already have ur law degree. U ll den need to write d Lsat exam and go to law school for 3yrs, den write d bar exams. Law in America is done post degree, so anyone with a first degree in any field can choose to attend law school. Law school is very expensive I must point out too.
So my advice to u is to use d masters to bar exam route.

Lollyduke:
Good morning people in the house, I need a help on how I could get admission into a school in U S, am a practicing lawyer in Nigeria but I like to go to the America law school to enable me practicing over there as well. Pls what can I do? Thanks.i need a very cogent and first hand information to accelerate my plans.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
sobastical:

Does that mean any student they asked is a qualified one already without a formal notification?

Yes if the student is admissible with his/her documents after reviewing it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
Walspring:

Yes if the student is admissible with his/her documents after reviewing it..

Okay boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
khulthum:
hi guys....pls I jus got an admission for spring 2017 ...I opted to using regular airmail (nipost)for shipping my i20 to nigeria ..does any one how long it will take before i recieve it .the sch mailed to tell me they shipped it out last week Friday...cos Im hoping to book a visa appointment by november...I'm jus hoping and praying my i20 gets ere before den....Pls anyone who knows how long it takes to get a parcel sent via nipost?

Well I will say you can get your documents within 2weeks to 4 weeks if you stay in Lagos or you don't get it at all sometimes the system disappoint and fumble

If it's outside Lagos, you can get it within 3 weeks to 8 weeks or you don't get it all at if the system disappoint.

It's unfortunate that regular mail doesn't have tracking for you to know how it's moving..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2016
Fortissimo502:

Yeah true. But christobam was asking about sending bank statements before admission. Hence my post. He said he can't ask his aunty for her bank statements before he gets admission. That's why I sed he should look for another. In my experience, i didn't see many schools that requested bank statements before they offer you admission. That's an unecessary application burden.

I understand your previous and Presley post but the truth is that each schools have their own policy..

Some schools ask applicant to send before making admission decision while some will ask applicant to send as soon as they are admitted so that they can issue i20 immediately for them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2016
SAMUELS3:

He will confirm and get back to you or you pm him..

No need for you to have deleted or edit the post and don't be panic he will get back to you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
fatanu:

Sure you can but if your school requires GRE for the course and the VO interview you is aware since some VO are fondly aware of some schools requirement then you have be to ready to tell VO why you didn't write GRE

Also try write GRE it will help you in future to secure funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
khulthum:

Do you stay in Lagos or where?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
sobastical:

Can you request for tracking from the school?

If not then wait for about 2 weeks, though it should not be more than that.

Cc: Walspring

Tracking is not available for regular mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ajibade105:

Share with me the 5lb Manhattan. Thanks

Were you able to download the GRE the way I explained it via email ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Typed with sleep eye .... grin

Lol.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I think d key difference is.... if u are asked before admission then u are expected to show the full balance.....but if asked after admissions and if given scholarship then the bank balance u show is less the amount of scholarship.

The schools will always tell applicants the amount they want on the statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
ugosshhh:
Hi guys...in filling the ds 160 form for my F1 do i have to select that i have made specific travel plans?

Yes if you have but if you don't just click not and fill intending date o arrival..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
fatanu:
Hello Guys, i have heard they ask for any standardize test in interview, i have toefl, do i still need to write GRE. My sch does not need gre

Most time VO ask but not all the time..

If you want funding just make sure you write GRE along with your Toefl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
Walspring:

He will confirm and get back to you or you pm him..

No need for you to have deleted or edit the post and don't be panic he will get back to you..

Ok, yea.
He was asleep, he just responded now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
Good afternoon everyone, Please house where in the passport does *passport book number* located?? Or what does it means??
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
Walspring:

Tracking is not available for regular mail
Gbam! thanks for the classic input. How about the duration?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Good afternoon everyone, Please house where in the passport does *passport book number* located?? Or what does it means??
Thank you

The data page at the right top corner of it that starts with "A"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.