Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673700 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by USnobeparadise: 1:04am On Nov 11, 2016
elbeee:

Please understand my question. I have an existing b1. And I intend to get an f1 before I travel in December. However, my school resumes in February. My question is, since I will enter the country on my b1 (as the f1 allows entry 30days prior), do I need to leave and re enter? Or can I resume lectures at once without having to leave.
It's always better to enter with F1 visa, but if you have made up your mind to go with b1, then pull up. If you can't change to f1, you will still have to go back to 9ja, and that's waste of money and time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by elbeee: 1:30am On Nov 11, 2016
USnobeparadise:

It's always better to enter with F1 visa, but if you have made up your mind to go with b1, then pull up. If you can't change to f1, you will still have to go back to 9ja, and that's waste of money and time.

I don't plan to resume with a b1. Please read the question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kellykings84: 1:59am On Nov 11, 2016
Am surprised he keep asking same question nd u guys don't seem to understand nd dis is suppose to be a thread for educated ppl.
He is going to enter d US with a B2 nd F1 but will present d B2 since he ll be in b4 d 30days mark.
So his question is wat re d options to start study without going thru customs again, y is dat so difficult to understand?
Well i don't know but I feel u have to go back nd get stamped in again, just a lame man tots since ur i-94 will read tourist wit dis ur last entry.
Just confirm from d authorities b4 u travel, my opinion.
elbeee:

I don't plan to resume with a b1. Please read the question.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 2:48am On Nov 11, 2016
worry359:

The visa officer has said, and we have repeated many times.

They want to hear you speaking the truth in a natural speaking voice.
If they think that you are repeating a prepared speech that you have learnt it will be rejection.

Just be sure of your facts and statements.
But you can't advice him to go unprepared Sir. Let the gurus help him with the mock interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by codedove: 4:29am On Nov 11, 2016
My prayers are for those going visa interview to be granted in Jesus name . The lord that made Donald Trump against all obstacle should single you out for favour. It feels great to see peeps still active here, asking questions about admission because I was once there and thank Jah!!! Am a living witness to to say a big thank you to all part 5 and 6 groups . If anyone needs to pay SEVIS fee .. send me a pm . it's cost 210$ . western union /homeland/bestbuy charges 10dollar for service charges.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 4:30am On Nov 11, 2016
Hushee:

But you can't advice him to go unprepared Sir. Let the gurus help him with the mock interview.
if you need a mock Interview you PM whoever you want to help you with it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 5:18am On Nov 11, 2016
cseejhay:
pls i got mail from one teame, pls if you are the one, resend the mail....my phone just got it deleted....pls.

I am so sorry to read about you denial, also accept my condolences for mum's death. Well, i am pretty sure that really affected your performances. You did well when i conducted mock interview for you. So i am sure it weighed down ur confidence level. Refire and go get it.. its not about ur age bro. i am 120% sure about that.

smiley smiley smiley smileyExpecting you to refire. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 5:19am On Nov 11, 2016
Airich01:

Lol... My mistake... I'll modify my answer... Thank you for the correction.

I have answered you and edited your transcript... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:01am On Nov 11, 2016
elbeee:
Hi all. I just got my i20. Start date is in Feb but I want to apply for my students visa ASAP. Reason being that I plan to visit for a wedding first in December. I already have an existing b1 visa.

The ish is this, since I cannot enter prior to 30days on an f1, Can I enter on the b1 and register in school subsequently without having to come back home?. Confused!

If u go for the wedding on b1 no problem but u have to stamp out and in for your f1 to kick in.....u either forget about the wedding or you budget double fare to attend d wedding and then come out and re enter 30 days within your i20 start date . ....... this is just how the straight forward method looks like

There might be a slightly more complicated method out there but its usually a VO or like cbp that can advice. There is another thread here u can ask the VO questions so maybe u find that thread and ask a VO directly for alternative
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by elbeee: 6:03am On Nov 11, 2016
kellykings84:
Am surprised he keep asking same question nd u guys don't seem to understand nd dis is suppose to be a thread for educated ppl.
He is going to enter d US with a B2 nd F1 but will present d B2 since he ll be in b4 d 30days mark.
So his question is wat re d options to start study without going thru customs again, y is dat so difficult to understand?
Well i don't know but I feel u have to go back nd get stamped in again, just a lame man tots since ur i-94 will read tourist wit dis ur last entry.
Just confirm from d authorities b4 u travel, my opinion.

Alas, someone took the time to read and understand the question. cry Thank you so much... I'm female btw
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by elbeee: 6:13am On Nov 11, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If u go for the wedding on b1 no problem but u have to stamp in and out for your f1 to kick in.....u either forget about the wedding or you budget double fare to attend d wedding and then come out and re enter 30 days within your i20 start date . ....... this is just how the straight forward method looks like

There might be a slightly more complicated method out there but its usually a VO or like cpb that can advice. There is another thread here u can ask the VO questions so maybe u find that thread and ask a VO directly for alternative

Thank U so much. I do appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 6:34am On Nov 11, 2016
Hello everyone, please who traveled with Royal Air Maroc to USA. I will be travelling next month with the air line, please how can I generate my E-ticket. Paid yesterday!

And also, wat are the procedures at the airport!

Thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 7:02am On Nov 11, 2016
gentledoj:
Hello everyone, please who traveled with Royal Air Maroc to USA. I will be travelling next month with the air line, please how can I generate my E-ticket. Paid yesterday!
Thanks...
they will give u your e-ticket as far as you've paid for your flight, so about the process at the airport is an easy process, you don't have to fear of anything, they will ask for your international passport, admission letter and your e-ticket.and don't carry excess luggage's because they will charge you for it,I think the maximum weight is 46kg and hand luggage of 10kg
Safe trip

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 11, 2016
elbeee:

Please understand my question before calling me names. I have an existing b1. And I intend to get an f1 before I travel in December. However, my school resumes in February. My question is, since I will enter the country on my b1 (as the f1 allows entry 30days prior), do I need to leave and re enter? Or can I resume lectures at once without having to leave.
I didn't call you names. Angela alert means your question is very similiar to hers.

I answered your question already before you added another question without answering the question I asked about duration of your program. In life, you can only give before you receive.

I will answer your question again. You need f1 and you need to enter within 30 days prior to the start of your studies and you don't have to exit until you complete your program. While on b1, you have to leave the US and apply for f1 visa before you enter again for your studies.

But, sometimes, if your program is too short, you can be allowed to use b1 but this depends on the immigration. That is why I asked how long is your program earlier on which you didn't respond to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by elbeee: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2016
DeeTus:
I didn't call you names. Angela alert means your question is very similiar to hers.

I answered your question already before you added another question without answering the question I asked about duration of your program. In life, you can only give before you receive.

I will answer your question again. You need f1 and you need to enter within 30 days prior to the start of your studies and you don't have to exit until you complete your program. While on b1, you have to leave the US and apply for f1 visa before you enter again for your studies.

But, sometimes, if your program is too short, you can be allowed to use b1 but this depends on the immigration. That is why I asked how long is your program earlier on which you didn't respond to.

Thanks for telling me what I already know. Ur response is not helpful. Please try to read carefully before penning down your response. Cos a lot of folks rely largely on the info they receive on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 11, 2016
Calm down Ma'am!
No one is obliged to respond to anyone on this forum. Also, Nairaland isn't paying anyone here. You are the one that needed help then u have to be humble and asked your question in a subtle manner. Otherwise, send a mail to Usborder and ask directly from the immigration.

elbeee:

Thanks for telling me what I already know. Ur response is not helpful. Please try to read carefully before penning down your response. Cos a lot of folks rely largely on the info they receive on this forum.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Sleekyomon: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2016
gentledoj:

Thanks...
traveling with same airline next month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tomisinobm(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2016
gentledoj:

Thanks...

How much was it bro?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tomisinobm(m): 9:08am On Nov 11, 2016
elbeee:

Ahn Ahn! Aunty, calm down!
Everybody's response isn't helpful
Everybody isn't understanding you either
Just thank them and keep moving.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 9:46am On Nov 11, 2016
gentledoj:
It has been God my people. My first interview was on July 19, which I was given 214B. I was denied, I wasn't myself but my uncle ask me to back that is because of the way I dressed. No tie, no suit.... Hmmmmmm
I applied the second time with all determination that I will get it right, which I fixed for August 2nd, 12:45pm. On getting to the embassy, I met two people that was given rejection letter. I was like wahoo ooooo, third time and fourth time, o GA ooooooo. By 12:30pm I went inside after the checking stuff. My fingers was was scanned and waiting for interview proper. The VO that interview me the last time was there but I was not afraid. I was eventually moved to another VO.... My transcript..
It was God indeed

VO: afternoon
Me: afternoon sir
VO: going to US to do what?
Me: for bachelor of science degree in Nursing at NCCU
VO: what will you do after your program?
Me: come back to Nigeria in helping Nigeria govt and WHO in eradicating disease, maternal mortality.... VO cut in
VO: what is maternal mortality?
Me: death rate doing child birth
VO: Why this school?
Me: there research work on disease and child birth has been so great
VO: how did you come about the school?
Me: my uncle told me about the school and I look it up on usnews.com for more information about the school
VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: my uncle
VO: did your uncle school in US?
Me: yes
VO: Name of the school
Me: UNC
VO: what is the location of the school ( the town)?
Me: chapel hill,NC
VO: what type of nurse will you like to become?
Me: psych nurse
VO: what is psych nurse?
Me: nurse that deal with mentally retarded person. You help them bathe, stooling, urinate
VO: ok ok ok, what does your uncle do for a leaving?
Me: he is a nurse
VO: TYPING....ok ok, how old are you?
Me: 28
VO was just typing and I was praying... Praying

You will need this at POE, visa approved

I was happy and crying... I wanted to leave that interview hall when I first enter because someone said I never sign the the guardian side on my I-20.

Don't be discouraged, have courage, never lie, leave all to God

Congrats bro. Good to hear you stay in IB too. I thought you only need to sign the guardian side if you're under 18.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adamatrump: 10:14am On Nov 11, 2016
Texrem. I'm the one and have resent it. Please reply me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 10:19am On Nov 11, 2016
Sleekyomon:
traveling with same airline next month.

When?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 10:21am On Nov 11, 2016
tomisinobm:

How much was it bro?

$762.44
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 10:21am On Nov 11, 2016
tomisinobm:

How much was it bro?

$762.44

Lagos to Raleigh, Durham USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Horlopz(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2016
Good morning house,
Please if I am going to enter US with an F1 visa to begin my academic program, and after two years after starting the program I then decide to return due to some circumstance for about a year, my question is will the above be possible(to leave US for a year and return for the completion of my program)
Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2016
brightify:
they will give u your e-ticket as far as you've paid for your flight, so about the process at the airport is an easy process, you don't have to fear of anything, they will ask for your international passport, admission letter and your e-ticket.and don't carry excess luggage's because they will charge you for it,I think the maximum weight is 46kg and hand luggage of 10kg
Safe trip

E-TICKET by mail or at the airport?

I have two stop over, one at Casablanca 4h 50min and at JFK,usa 13h 50min.

Please, will the airline lodge us at the hotel or we stay at the airport because that JFK is over night stop over.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by justwise(m): 10:35am On Nov 11, 2016
@akeulaTrendy

Sorry i have to remove your post and those who quoted it.

I don't think we should waste a page or two of this thread trying to help you get out mess your intentionally caused for yourself just to circumvent the system.

That is the price you have to pay for deliberately doing things the wrong way.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adamatrump: 10:40am On Nov 11, 2016
I need a mock interview and have emailed alot of you gurus but you all have all ignored me. The reason i don't just know. Texrem, i've just resent it. Please you gurus should help me out. Walspring, Lagosismyhome and other gurus here, check your email. My interview is just two weeks from now. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 11, 2016
elbeee:

It's okay. I'm not here to quarrel with you. But only to give honest advice.

I know your type. Please do not leave this thread immediately you succeed because if you do, you still gonna come back for more questions. Trust me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.