Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673718 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tolumuntari: 7:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hello everyone, I am new and I must confess that you guys are awesome. Please how long does it take a university to issue an i20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tolumuntari: 7:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hello everyone. I am new and must confess that you guys are awesome. Please how long does it take a university to issue an 120? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2016
adamatrump:
@worri359. I'd very well understand the norms here. I'm quite aware of that. I've being following the thread though and have learned so many things. Just that i've no transcript to share yet. I'm preparing for interview soon and need to be guided. I've soom prepared answers i'll give... and thats why i need to chat with them privately. Or should i post them here, is it a good idea?

The visa officer has said, and we have repeated many times.

They want to hear you speaking the truth in a natural speaking voice.
If they think that you are repeating a prepared speech that you have learnt it will be rejection.

Just be sure of your facts and statements.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 7:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
tolumuntari:
Hello everyone. I am new and must confess that you guys are awesome. Please how long does it take a university to issue an 120? Thanks
as far as you've meet up the admission requirements and you've been admitted,so they will let you know when its ready base on each school process
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
tomisinobm:

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? grin
Thinking alike.... Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2016
tolumuntari:
First, you need to be admitted. Once your department sends your offer letter to the school's International Office, the office will check how much you'll need for tuition and living expenses, at least for the first year. Then, they will contact you to send them an Affidavit of Support, if needed.

Once they verify that money won't be a problem, it takes 5-7 days at most to issue, and then 3 days to get to you, depending on the courier.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kennyanderson: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2016
Kennyanderson:
Anybody here studying M.A Economics in Eastern Illinois University??
Pls anybody here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
Airich01:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-typefandm.asp

ABEG READ THE WHOLE PAGE... IT'S THERE
That page is for Indians.

Check ustraveldocs.com/ng for Nigerians.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2016
happyday:
That page is for Indians.
Check ustraveldocs.com/ng for Nigerians.
Lol... My mistake... I'll modify my answer... Thank you for the correction.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
If you need USD for sevis, app fees or transfer and you have naira, hit me up!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanonymous(m): 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
Is the gre toefil compulsory?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2016
abdullahi45:

Is gre really a great prerequisite?
Very very, dey can easily waive toefl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
worry359:

The whole idea of this forum is that information is shared for all to learn.
As Johnny Just Come you are demanding private E-mails with people which is bad manners.

Read back and you will find answers to all your questions already here.
Funny guy cheesy

Allow him to mingle a little. cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
elbeee:
Hi all. I just got my i20. Start date is in Feb but I want to apply for my students visa ASAP. Reason being that I plan to visit for a wedding first in December. I already have an existing b1 visa.

The ish is this, since I cannot enter prior to 30days on an f1, Can I enter on the b1 and register in school subsequently without having to come back home?. Confused!
Angela alert!! Are u sure you have B1 visa yet? You ought to have known the difference between f1 and b1/b2.

The answer is no. You need f1 visa. But how long is your program gonna take?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2016
amanonymous:
Guru's in the house please I beg of you!!! I need your sincere answer. What re the things that I need to take to the embassy for the interview. I have begged o. It's nt like I want to be spoonfeed. Just dat av heard different things from different people. Thats y am here. Thanks

Admission letter, 5 by 5cm passport, appointment confirmation page, sevis fee receipt, Visa fee receipt or teller, international passport, bank statement, high level of confidence, faith and God grace and mercy........ I Stand to be corrected

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tomisinobm(m): 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
Airich01:

No. You cannot switch your visa status from that b1 to f1 while in the US... You must apply for an f1 visa outside the US. Bold aspect... You already know.

You can bro. I've seen a community college that offers to do that. I heard a lot of them do.
But I'm not aware of that in universities.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeeTus:
Angela alert!! Are u sure you have B1 visa yet? You ought to have known the difference between f1 and b1/b2.

Uhmm, ghen ghen ghen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by elbeee: 9:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeeTus:

Please understand my question before calling me names. I have an existing b1. And I intend to get an f1 before I travel in December. However, my school resumes in February. My question is, since I will enter the country on my b1 (as the f1 allows entry 30days prior), do I need to leave and re enter? Or can I resume lectures at once without having to leave.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by elbeee: 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by elbeee: 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeeTus:

Mind U, Some of us have genuine queries. If u can't assist, kindly scroll down and waka pass. Ur sarcasm at this point is not necessary. Thank you. Please gurus in the house i hope u can help. God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cseejhay: 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
pls i got mail from one teame, pls if you are the one, resend the mail....my phone just got it deleted....pls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 11:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
brightify:
as far as you've meet up the admission requirements and you've been admitted,so they will let you know when its ready base on each school process

Thats true
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by busybrain001(m): 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
Thank you all for the contributions...
Please I would like to know the different admission periods and the months of the year they fall on...

I mean from when to when is the FALL, SUMNER AND WINTER ADMISSIONS.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by USnobeparadise: 12:51am On Nov 11, 2016
tolumuntari:
Hello everyone, I am new and I must confess that you guys are awesome. Please how long does it take a university to issue an i20?
Ask your international student's Advisor, the time for the issuance of I 20 varies among schools

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.