Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673736 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by debyval(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2016
femi321:
'affordable' is relative, whats your budget? But nothing is affordable right now in this Buhari regime, you need to at least write GRE and maybe with God, you will get some funding.Masters in the US is not afordable right now if you are not from a rich background and i mean a RICH BACKGROUND.. BTW I am presently doing my masters in structures
pls which school ar u and how much is d tuition fees
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2016
ThreadsAdeleke:

how does the adapter looks like

U guys and hand holding ......its in google na. will post it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by debyval(m): 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2016
between 10 to 20 USD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
debyval:
pls which school ar u and how much is d tuition fees
I dont think this should be the right question..you should be asking about GRE and saying your Budget..BtW i am at University of North Carolina and its about $11500 per semester

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Horlopz(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2016
brightify:
Iwhy are u thinking negatively, coolwell I don't think is gonna be possible, unless you have to give your DSO a good reason why you want to leave the US for a whole year,even Someone with green card is allowed just for six month not thinking of you been on a student visa status.
Thanks sire lipsrsealed[color=#770077][/color] hi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Horlopz(m): 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
LagosismyHome:

yes you should be able to but u would have to reapply again (if your absence is more than 5 Months) and hope that the VO will give you visa .....that one nobody can predict so the outcome is 50/50

Hence this would not be an advice able option .........but it is possible
Thanks Ma'am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2016
ThreadsAdeleke:

how does the adapter looks like

The first pic is an adaptor ...one side has the way naija socket looks like and the other side has the us socket style

Second picture is what the way socket looks like on the wall so u need a pin of that style ....see how its different from Nigeria. It is 2 pins not 3 and more narrow . they still have 3 pins as well in the US but it still more narrow. Nigerian plugs will not fit

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kennyanderson: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
fatanu:

Pls lets hook up, going to same sch? have u gotten your visa?
Have pm you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
texrem:

I have answered you and edited your transcript... grin grin grin

Yes Sir, thank you sooo much. I'll memorize it and I'll call you later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2016
itunu8:
Hello guys..
Pls anyone travellin on the 11th dec via royal air morac.. pls lets hookup..so terrified of travelling alone.. abeg oo.. jfk is d destination

shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
femi321:
Ideally i shouldn't quote you because i noticed since the day i passed a comment about your visa interview that was denied, if i quote you..you don't respond..Just because of the love of God i will give you an advice you might appreciate latter...I beg you with the name of God, Buy gala, drink , small chops or things you can eat in Casablanca along from Nigeria..The food they will give you is nice to them but very horrible to we Nigerians 2) Hold a 2 round mouth charger for your system and phone if you dont want to have the longest 4hrs of your life...i spent 17hrs in Casablanca when i left Nigeria and it wasn't that bad because i was prepared..Just giving you heads up. Safe journey

Regarding the bold , In Nigeria do they allow you pass through securities with drinks and food , or is this bought after you pass through security ?? .......I am curious especially with the drinks and how it passes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by USnobeparadise: 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2016
elbeee:

I don't plan to resume with a b1. Please read the question.
I think you should read my response very well, I didn't say you planned to resume with b1. I said if you can't change your b1 status to F1 status when you get to the US, it will be a waste of time and money coming back to nigeria to apply for F1 visa, period.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Regarding the bold , In Nigeria do they allow you pass through securities with drinks and food , or is this bought after you pass through security ?? .......I am curious especially with the drinks and how it passes
you can pass through security with snacks, some people did during my flight, a guy I adviced to buy gala too did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ThreadsAdeleke: 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
LagosismyHome:

The first pic is an adaptor ...one side has the way naija socket looks like and the other side has the us socket style

Second picture is what the way socket looks like on the wall so u need a pin of that style ....see how its different from Nigeria. It is 2 pins not 3 and more narrow . they still have 3 pins as well in the US but it still more
narrow. Nigerian plugs will not fit

thankyou.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
femi321:
you can pass through security with snacks, some people did during my flight, a guy I adviced to buy gala too did.
yes you can,during mine I was with gala and cake but soft drinks is not allowed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2016
Dont you think this response is kinda rash. He prolly didnt understand you 100%. Sounding this way may put off those dt wud want to chip in a few words.
Anyway someone has give u d desired response.

elbeee:

Thanks for telling me what I already know. Ur response is not helpful. Please try to read carefully before penning down your response. Cos a lot of folks rely largely on the info they receive on this forum.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2016
thats much ooo.

so $46,000 for the 2 years. angry

femi321:
I dont think this should be the right question..you should be asking about GRE and saying your Budget..BtW i am at University of North Carolina and its about $11500 per semester
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
You posted this... I answered, tosinobbm corrected my answer where I was wrong, so did you. DeeTus answered others contributed, if you insult one person doesn't that make it all of us We all took time from our busy lives to help you move forward, we should get at least a Thank You.

Hi all. I just got my i20. Start date is in Feb but I want to apply for my students visa ASAP. Reason being that I plan to visit for a wedding first in December. I already have an existing b1 visa.
The ish is this, since I cannot enter prior to 30days on an f1, Can I enter on the b1 and register in school subsequently without having to come back home?. Confused!

Did someone actually click like on this post?

elbeee:

Thanks for telling me what I already know. Ur response is not helpful. Please try to read carefully before penning down your response. Cos a lot of folks rely largely on the info they receive on this forum.

Please, control your anger Ma'am, please control your anger.. Because if you knew the answers you wouldn't be here asking for the info, Also when seeking help.. Even when someone tells you the wrong thing, say thank you, then ask another person.. Because if you're rude because Mr A doesn't get it right, Mr B might actually lead you the wrong path..

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
OGreene:
thats much ooo.

so $46,000 for the 2 years. angry

I think the least you will find is about $9000 per semester..but most times if you do thesis masters,you might not pay for the last 1 year from your pocket and some people do file for instate tuition after 1 year of staying in such state..some schools allow that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
whyqueu:
Hello famz, My Mum , Nephew and myself av an
appointment at the US Embassy Dec for B1/B2.
My mum is a nurse and my nephew and I just
finished our undergraduate studies .We have no
travelling experience and we have booked our
reservation for d 10 day visit . We are 6 in my
family including my dad but my siblings are
still in school (Not Going tho)!! My fear is that
won't they say we are graduate and with
economic situation of d country dat these guys
will run away? Please what are our Chances
Famz? Thanks

I doubt if anyone can predict the chances or the outcome as this lies solely on which VO u get. Even two VOs can have different outcome.......just be prepared to show home ties..... best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by frisby: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
Greeting guys.

I made payments for visa appointment at the bank for a student who will be returning to school in the USA.
But when I received the printout, it has "BUSINESS/TOURISM" on the visa category section.

I pointed this out to the bankers but they assured me it has no implication, since all I need from the printout is the receipt number, and also "BUSINESS/TOURISM" category fee cost same as "STUDENT/ACADEMICS" category.

So, Pls can anyone confirm this Pls? Wouldn't want to make a mistake along the way.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2016
femi321:
Ideally i shouldn't quote you because i noticed since the day i passed a comment about your visa interview that was denied, if i quote you..you don't respond..Just because of the love of God i will give you an advice you might appreciate latter...I beg you with the name of God, Buy gala, drink, small chops or things you can eat in Casablanca along from Nigeria..The food they will give you is nice to them but very horrible to we Nigerians 2) Hold a 2 round mouth charger for your system and phone if you dont want to have the longest 4hrs of your life...i spent 17hrs in Casablanca when i left Nigeria and it wasn't that bad because i was prepared..Just giving you heads up. Safe journey

Sorry abt dat please....... I wasn't Myself dat time

Abt d charger, wher can I get it? And how much, please

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
Airich01:
You posted this... I answered, tosinobbm corrected my answer where I was wrong, so did you. DeeTus answered others contributed, if you insult one person doesn't that make it all of us We all took time from our busy lives to help you move forward, we should get at least a Thank You.

Did someone actually click like on this post?

Please, control your anger Ma'am, please control your anger.. Because if you knew the answers you wouldn't be here asking for the info, Also when seeking help.. Even when someone tells you the wrong thing, say thank you, then ask another person.. Because if you're rude because Mr A doesn't get it right, Mr B might actually lead you the wrong path..

Please lets leave him. Because he will be the one to scream if he does not get any response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by promentoxp: 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2016
Is there anyone here travelling to Texas A&M University-Kingsville?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2016
If you want to pay sevis fee between now and tomorrow, kindly send me pm as soon as possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2016
Oga mi I want to pay oo... grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Walspring:
If you want to pay sevis fee between now and tomorrow, kindly send me pm as soon as possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
gentledoj:

Thanks

I remember Oludare01 said he got it 300 naira in computer village ikeja, earlier this year

Cc ThreadsAdeleke
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by frisby: 9:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
femi321:
I think the least you will find is about $9000 per semester..but most times if you do thesis masters,you might not pay for the last 1 year from your pocket and some people do file for instate tuition after 1 year of staying in such state..some schools allow that

PLEASE SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.
frisby:
Greeting guys.
I made payments for visa appointment at the bank for a student who will be returning to school in the USA.
But when I received the printout, it has "BUSINESS/TOURISM" on the visa category section.
I pointed this out to the bankers but they assured me it has no implication, since all I need from the printout is the receipt number, and also "BUSINESS/TOURISM" category fee cost same as "STUDENT/ACADEMICS" category.
So, Pls can anyone confirm this Pls? Wouldn't want to make a mistake along the way.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
gentledoj:

Thanks
Just go to computer village or anywhere they sell chargers, the round mouth is what they use in Morocco and the flat one is what they use in the US, there is charging port JFK, so but a flat charger along.see attachment. you dont need to buy a new laptop charger, all you need is the lower part and you can attach it to your former charger. both chargers is not more than 1k

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
frisby:

PLEASE SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.
I really dont know but it should state Student visa, mine did then. Didnt you tell them the kind of visa before they started imputing the details? If you ask me, i think the person made a mistake and cant change it anymore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.