Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (675161 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2016
@ harrycool,

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
amanonymous:
Abeg pls can someone save me the stress.tell me a school that takes 2:80 cpg[/b]a for masters and if possible a school that [b]waves all this exams. Na beg I dey beg ooo I don search tire also is it advisable to resume during d latter part of next year because I actually went for a b2 visa last month and was denied. Your advise pls
Lmaoo..you are not a serious person with those bolds. Sigh..You have 2.8 and you dont want to do standandized exam? even first class students that have nice gp do exams to stand a better chance..May God provide the person that will save you from the stress.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dadaojames(m): 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
Try this
https://graduate.admissions.gwu.edu/
amanonymous:
Abeg pls can someone save me the stress.tell me a school that takes 2:80 cpga for masters and if possible a school that waves all this exams. Na beg I dey beg ooo I don search tire also is it advisable to resume during d latter part of next year because I actually went for a b2 visa last month and was denied. Your advise pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
amanonymous:
Abeg pls can someone save me the stress.tell me a school that takes 2:80 cpga for masters and if possible a school that waves all this exams. Na beg I dey beg ooo I don search tire also is it advisable to resume during d latter part of next year because I actually went for a b2 visa last month and was denied. Your advise pls

2.8 GPA and you dont want to write exams........... Then maybe you are not ready ooo. ......... Most schools accept from 3.0 but can go lower with good test scores but u insist that you dont want any exam and just want a school just like that .........Ok oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
harrycool:
VISA APPROVED!
My visa was approved at the Abuja Consulate Office today at 7.30am; it was a sad sight: the amount of denials/delays issued to my fellow Nigerians.

Congrats and God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bobority: 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
electronic:

pls ignore the bolded total waste of money and time your GRE wont fly

Oh sorry my bad..... but he should check UNM dey are quite good and GRE "will fly".... Paulbets I see u how r u doing? smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by schoolhr: 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
Hello everyone,
My visa was approved on the 11th of this month and below is my transcript. Please note that I applied for F1 and F2 for my son
Why are you going to the US? I am going to the US to pursue my master degree in Healthcare Management at California university of mgt and sciences.
How did you know abt the sch? the school was recommended to me by my cousin who was an alunmi of the school.
Why did you choose Calums? I choose CALUMS becos the school is affordable,has a well structured curriculum and also has a small student body which will enable me adapt to the school easily.
Who is your sponsor? My husband
What does he do? He is a Solar Engineer,he owns his own business.
How many staff does he have? 25
What provision have you made for your son? My school has been kind enough to recommend a good school for him
How much is your son school fees? 1500 dollars
Why are you going with him? he is my only child and he needs all the maternal care he can get and i also need to nurture him with the right values.
are you married? yes I am
Why do you want to study healthcare mgt? I am very passionate about my country,most expecially the healthcare sector and will love to help improve the general service delivery of healthcare.
what is your husband coy name? xyz technologies.

I give GOD ALL THE GLORY FOR THIS VISA APPROVAL.
Pls, is any1 in calums that can help with accomodation? will also love to meet people travelling to calums for the winter session,kindly pm me.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bobority: 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
sirRiddy:

Eleyi o mo bose n lo grin

ko mo rara... Lol... how r u doing bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bobority:

Oh sorry my bad..... but he should check UNM dey are quite good and GRE "will fly".... Paulbets I see u how r u doing? smiley

UNM go give u heart attack o. Dem no dey make decisions on time o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanonymous(m): 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Am gonna write the exam to be on a safe side. Is the Gre exam pure maths?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by teepee4Him(m): 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
dadaojames:
Kindly share your interview transcript for the benefit of others

Sure would! In a jiffy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by teepee4Him(m): 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I dont have specific info on ticketing.... u just need to check all the major airlines from lagos . The egypt , turkish and morocco airlines seems to be the cheapest ...then d arabs ones like emirate till u progress to the european ones like Ba.... so u just have to shop around .

Also send a msg to walspring . He did mention discount on airfares

Okay! Will check them up.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
anyone need $100 in exchange for Naira? send a pm asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanonymous(m): 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
My friends pls can any one help with how to get e books for gre. Make I start to they prepare thnks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanonymous(m): 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
Sincerely I now know that American student visa no be beans am really gonna take my time. No rushing. Make una just dey help me with information. First tin to do is my Gre exam pls help with ebooks and past questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
amanonymous:
My friends pls can any one help with how to get e books for gre. Make I start to they prepare thnks

While my aim isn't to bash you or become critical of your posts, try to do some research on your own.
You'll find all you need to know about the GRE on the thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by pennstate(m): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
electronic:

Chairman since you are interested in Postgraduate, what you should do immediately is to start contacting Professors.
The most effective approach is to use google to seek profs that need RA/GA or that have multiple positions for MECH/CHEM
use the phrase below to search "I am looking for self-motivated Ph.D students Mechanical"
you can thank me later.
Create a simple mail. make sure you follow the instructions on the profs personal page. (this is the most effective approach)
Simple as that!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dicapino: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
Hello house. I greet oo. i need info on schools that are giving nairalanders assistanship Fall 2017. For a friend. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Teedawg: 4:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
any body here with an experience of using international student loan to pay tuition should enlighten more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Teedawg: 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
also can a company's bank statement be used as proof of funds at the embassy for college
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
Teedawg:
also can a company's bank statement be used as proof of funds at the embassy for college

Only if you work for the company and they are paying your schooling.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
Teedawg:

Yes, if your sponsor owns the company. 90% probability that they might not even ask for statement of account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Teedawg: 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
am kinda confused here is my house address my mailing address like if should order for a document via dhl,FedEx or ups will they actually locate my house to deliver it we just recently moved to a new place.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by paulbets: 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bobority:

My dear I am fine o. Waiting and Chilling. How's New Mexico and studies? I no dey see ur whatsapp again o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bobority:

ko mo rara... Lol... how r u doing bro
I dey very alright.
Over excited about the one week break
I am having next week. My school has not
had Fall break yet, so they are combining
both spring and thanksgiving break. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
harrycool:
VISA APPROVED!
Thanks to all the wonderful guys and ladies here who take time to answer questions and contribute their knowledge for the benefit of other aspiring students. My visa was approved at the Abuja Consulate Office today at 7.30am; it was a sad sight: the amount of denials/delays issued to my fellow Nigerians. I was actually the first approved after up to 20 before me were given yellow papers; I was optimistic and cheerful (I've done my best in preparation and left the rest to God).
When my turn finally came, I was met face-to-face with a VO I had earlier met at a US College Fair held sometime in October this year. When I met him then, he was actually promoting his alma mater(can't remember the school now though). I asked him a simple question:
Why do you guys issue lots of visa denials? He candidly replied me that all an intending student needs to prove is that he is a genuine student:
How many schools did he/she apply to?;
Did he/she take any standardized tests?;
How truthful and clear re the information on his DS-160?
What are his/her long term career plans and how does it fit?;
Can he/she justify the reason why he/she needs to gain this education/degree abroad instead of in his home country?
How can he/she convince me that he/she's coming back after studies?

These are basically the questions that have been asked and answered here a thousand times.

VO: Why are you going to University of Central Missouri?
me: To pursue a MS Degree in Computer Information Systems
VO: Is that the only schools you applied to?
me: I applied to 5 Universities (named them)
VO: Why did you choose UCM?
me: (shortened version) It offered the best fit for my career growth in terms of its curricula content which include software engineering, information security, DBMS, bla bla bla...
VO: What do you currently do?
me: I work as the Confidential Secretary as well as Head of ICT at Federal XYZ..
VO: Have you been outside the country before?
me: No sir, I haven't.
VO: Are you married?
me: Yes sir, with a 9-month old daughter.
VO: Why are they not traveling with you?
me: My wife is currently at work at Federal XYZ; they'll come visit next year during her annual leave; moreover its a two-year program so she can't be granted a two-year leave of absence to join me during my studies.
Then the white paper and the instructions...
No documents (financial/test scores) were requested...
(Funny enough, I knew he recognized me but we both feigned ignorance of that - he was doing his job of course)

Through this journey, I've learned the following:
1. You are tagged an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT until you convince them otherwise. EVERY SINGLE question asked you proves or disproves this point.
2. You must do your homework: Take standardized tests; rigorously research your schools to ensure they are accredited; Let other experienced people help you enhance your transcript and offer better ideas/angles on how to answer these questions (You need to be GUIDED!); above all, you have to SELL yourself (be bold, be convincing, be well articulated - you don't need to memorize your answers so you don't sound like a robot).
3. Trust and put your faith in God. I met up with a fellow guy (same profile: married with kids) who was unsuccessful after the interview; on conversing with him, his answers were quite articulate, but yet, it didn't fly. I encouraged him to re-apply and work on his ties, as well as how his program can best fit his career progression.

When you've prepared to the best of your abilities, trust God to complete it...even if you fail, do not relent.

Special acknowledgement to mevisbleek, Walspring, sirRiddy as well as texrem, Lagosismyhome, and the host of you who devote your time and resources to help people.... May your wells never run dry!

Sorry for the long epistle; its just my little way of giving back to the community from which I have gained so much.
Congrats man. I love your transcript. It's intending immigrant, not illegal immigrants.

Yes, doing homework like a schoolboy is very important and folks heading to embassy for visas should try to be more open during private conversations like giving a clue what you want to fill or filled online, past denial if any, sponsorships, etc. You don't have to be shy. All these are very significate so as to enable the gurus here guide you much more better.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2016
Teedawg:
am kinda confused here is my house address my mailing address like if should order for a document via dhl,FedEx or ups will they actually locate my house to deliver it we just recently moved to a new place.
Ask your school for tracking number and find out the particular one, whether it's DHL or something and then try to locate them with Zonal Address.

I do think they will call you. Some of them are fonding of saying oga, find me something na. grin

Hope you gave your school your telephone number?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by teepee4Him(m): 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
Spent d night in a friends house @ Somolu. We talked into d night and only had d privilege of sleeping around 12:04am. Between that time and 3:30am, I checked the time for about 5-7times (Man must not wake up late o). Left d home @ around 4:56am and was a d consulate @ 5:40am.

The transcript goes thus

V.O: GM
Me: Gm ma

VO: Can I have ur passport.......... And I-20 pls
Me: Okay.....(passed it across)

VO: So what's your intent of study
Me: (now I was a little tensed) I intend to go for a Masters in Human Sciences (* I botched a little, said Human sciences instead of Human Services*) where I will be taking courses like .... (Mentioned only one and I immediately forgot all d other courses wey I don cram. Was about to stammer for few secs but Immediately switched to anoda thing instead of trying to remember). These will take an estimate of 36months after which I will be coming back to Nigeria to lecture.

VO: How did you get to know about the school
Me: I searched online for courses related to Food Technology and saw that I could do a masters in Human services with concentration in Food and nutrition

VO: Which school did you graduate from.
ME: I graduated from Yaba College of Technology.

VO: Which course
Me: Food Technology

VO: You graduated in 2013
ME: YES

VO: so what have you been doing since then
ME: I graduated in Nov 2013 after which I went for the compulsory national youth service prog in Aug2014 which lasted till Aug 2015. After which I now teach and prepare students who write UTME/WAEC exams as a tutor while also counselling them on the best courses to choose.

VO: Did you write any standardized exam?
Me: Yes, I wrote GRE

VO: How was your performance
Me: I performed well, very well (for my mind I know I didn't do very well. But I couldn't have said I performed averagely since there is no way to measure well or very well in this context)

VO: How many schools did you apply to
ME: Two. Purdue University and Texas Southern University

Vo: So why did you choose Texas
Me: ( she looked up and focused on me. I also made eye contact. You no fit fear me again!). I have a personal predilection for Interpersonal relationship and the course Human Services was a perfect merge between my passion and my training -Food Technology. Likewise, as an heir presumptive of my community, training garnered will be useful for me when I come back to Nigeria to assume my leadership role.

VO: Who is your sponsor
ME: MY mum's cooperative society

Vo: What does your mum do
Me: She is a teacher and runs a business

VO: What type of business
Me: Imports and Exports of frozen foods ( I exaggerated in here. My mum deals in frozen foods locally but only seldom goes to idiroko/border to purchase goods. *all na importation* )

VO: You said you wrote GRE
Me: Yes

VO: How did you perform
ME: I performed well ( for my mind, I was like, but u don ask before now. Was almost even tempted to look for my copy of gre result and show her.)

Vo: What was your score
Me: 301

VO: What was the individual score
Me: (Now, I guess she saw the part in my I-20 that indicated that English proficiency is required) in Quantitative I had 153, Verbal 148, AWA 3.5

VO: I will be approving your visa. You will need your passport and I-20 while travelling. Kindly check on Monday for your passport. (gave me a white paper.

Me: (Now I was relaxed). Thank you very much and have an awesome day.

All glory to God......

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
I want to assume that the moniker is a maths or statistics or maths and statistics graduate. This is because he knows maths has pure maths and co.

To the above question, it is neither pure maths nor applied maths. Lol

amanonymous:
Am gonna write the exam to be on a safe side. Is the Gre exam pure maths?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bobority:

Yea bro!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
Christian129:

UNM go give u heart attack o. Dem no dey make decisions on time o
LoL...how late?

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.