Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672474 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
sirRiddy:

I dey very alright.
Over excited about the one week break
I am having next week. My school has not
had spring break yet, so they are combining
both spring and thanksgiving break. cheesy
Sirriddy hw Kansas na!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
brightify:
really sorry your denial,but going for another degree in information technology doesn't make sense, it just look like going for another degree in computer science because both course are similar, so my advice is for you to defer and change your course or you go for masters

LagosismyHome:

Sorry about your denial but i think i have mentioned it to you. .... you have a Bsc in Computer science so to say you are going for another bsc in information technology is very hard to convince a VO. .... both degrees are very similar and doesn't show progression. Especially when your first degree is from Uni of Ibadan which at least in Nigeria standard is a reputable school so u should show progression

lovelani:
Hi guys, my visa was delayed on Monday by 7am window 9, the hall was crowded and vos kinda strict that day.

I had an admission at Central Michigan University, but like I posted earlier in this forum, the major in my i20 was liberal arts and sciences, I sent an email to the admission school asking why that was given when I was expected to have Information technology, they relief that, that's the norm that the main major shall be given up on arrival at the school, I had no choice but to start studying on what liberal arts and sciences is all about.
Now back to the interview. Which last for less than 2mins
In the cubicle were 2vos, I guess a junior was standing while the senior was sitted and he interviewed me.
Vo: what's your study plan
Me; im going to cmu to pursue a bachelors in liberal arts and sciences which will last approximately 36months
Vo:What was your previous degree in,
Me: computer science from the university of ibadan.
Vo: what benefit will this course be to you
Me: it will boost my managerial skills and make me more effective in my communication skills and my mode of reasoning ethically.

Next he typed for like a minute and gave me the 214b booklet and my passport.

Now, I've contacted the school and explained everything to them, they apologised and even said they are making my case an exception and giving sending me another I20 that will have the major in information technology, , the officer suggested that I should defer the admission till fall intake as time may not be OK to book for another appointment. School resumes 9tj January for spring.

Pls guys walspring, textrem, others kindly advice if i should defer toll fall or go ahead and book another appointment and also will going for another bsc be a problem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
spaceshipz:

No its not a community college. It's a private college owned by Lutheran Church in moorhead, minnesota. So pls how can I pay the sives fee and what is the sives all about. Thanks.

Hope you have lots of money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2016
Teedawg:
can someone shed some light on this bank statement
currency NGN
opening balance : 7,332.23
Total debit: 7,250,208.07
Total credit: 7,250,000.00
closing balance: 7,124.16
period: 11/11/2014 To 30/09/2016
....details of transaction
what does this mean

The current balance is 7,124.16 ...... over the course of about 2 years 7.2million came in and 7.2 million was withdrawn... whose bank statement is it . Why did the owner not explain it to you ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bobority: 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
Christian129:

UNM go give u heart attack o. Dem no dey make decisions on time o

I got my admission a few months after applying....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bobority: 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
paulbets:

My dear I am fine o. Waiting and Chilling. How's New Mexico and studies? I no dey see ur whatsapp again o grin

New Mexico is fine thank you. I am still on whatsapp na...lol...assignments and deadlines wan kee person...will buzz you soon...i hope you are fine too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bobority: 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2016
sirRiddy:

I dey very alright.
Over excited about the one week break
I am having next week. My school has not
had spring break yet, so they are combining
both spring and thanksgiving break. cheesy

Oh thats really cool.... i am excited as well, at least person go rest even if as we resume like this, na exam we go jam again...lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
dadaojames:
Try this
https://graduate.admissions.gwu.edu/

GWU Tuiton in this economy. ..also with 2.8 Gpa with no test scores for Gwu. ... e go hard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
Brethren, please how una dey take get dollar for travel purpose. anyone with travelex experience or PTA still dey? God bless u as u answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lazywriter: 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bobority:

Hi, just a few schools I know of... but I don't know any other STEM course u can go for. I guess that should be based on what ure interested in..

University of New Mexico
Texas A & M University College Station
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
Michigan Technological University
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
University of Maryland Baltimore

All the best!

The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is actually a very good school. Some of the courses don't require GRE nor GMAT (e.g. MS Technology Management, MS Business Administration, MS Accounting). No TOEFL required too, since Nigeria is an English-speaking country. The job placement stat is high. The tuition might be high (TA-ing and RA-ing solves this problem).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TonnyTee(m): 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
Hi,
Please is there anyone going to Houston,Tx this december.
Pm pls.
Thanks a lot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2016
TonnyTee:
Hi, Please is there anyone going to Houston,Tx this december. Pm pls. Thanks a lot.
can't pm u don't know y , its telling me too many anonymous msgs if u can pm sha

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
teepee4Him:
Spent d night in a friends house @ Somolu. We talked into d night and only had d privilege of sleeping around 12:04am. Between that time and 3:30am, I checked the time for about 5-7times (Man must not wake up late o). Left d home @ around 4:56am and was a d consulate @ 5:40am.

The transcript goes thus

V.O: GM
Me: Gm ma

VO: Can I have ur passport.......... And I-20 pls
Me: Okay.....(passed it across)

VO: So what's your intent of study
Me: (now I was a little tensed) I intend to go for a Masters in Human Sciences (* I botched a little, said Human sciences instead of Human Services*) where I will be taking courses like .... (Mentioned only one and I immediately forgot all d other courses wey I don cram. Was about to stammer for few secs but Immediately switched to anoda thing instead of trying to remember). These will take an estimate of 36months after which I will be coming back to Nigeria to lecture.

VO: How did you get to know about the school
Me: I searched online for courses related to Food Technology and saw that I could do a masters in Human services with concentration in Food and nutrition

VO: Which school did you graduate from.
ME: I graduated from Yaba College of Technology.

VO: Which course
Me: Food Technology

VO: You graduated in 2013
ME: YES

VO: so what have you been doing since then
ME: I graduated in Nov 2013 after which I went for the compulsory national youth service prog in Aug2014 which lasted till Aug 2015. After which I now teach and prepare students who write UTME/WAEC exams as a tutor while also counselling them on the best courses to choose.

VO: Did you write any standardized exam?
Me: Yes, I wrote GRE

VO: How was your performance
Me: I performed well, very well (for my mind I know I didn't do very well. But I couldn't have said I performed averagely since there is no way to measure well or very well in this context)

VO: How many schools did you apply to
ME: Two. Purdue University and Texas Southern University

Vo: So why did you choose Texas
Me: ( she looked up and focused on me. I also made eye contact. You no fit fear me again!). I have a personal predilection for Interpersonal relationship and the course Human Services was a perfect merge between my passion and my training -Food Technology. Likewise, as an heir presumptive of my community, training garnered will be useful for me when I come back to Nigeria to assume my leadership role.

VO: Who is your sponsor
ME: MY mum's cooperative society

Vo: What does your mum do
Me: She is a teacher and runs a business

VO: What type of business
Me: Imports and Exports of frozen foods ( I exaggerated in here. My mum deals in frozen foods locally but only seldom goes to idiroko/border to purchase goods. *all na importation* )

VO: You said you wrote GRE
Me: Yes

VO: How did you perform
ME: I performed well ( for my mind, I was like, but u don ask before now. Was almost even tempted to look for my copy of gre result and show her.)

Vo: What was your score
Me: 301

VO: What was the individual score
Me: (Now, I guess she saw the part in my I-20 that indicated that English proficiency is required) in Quantitative I had 153, Verbal 148, AWA 3.5

VO: I will be approving your visa. You will need your passport and I-20 while travelling. Kindly check on Monday for your passport. (gave me a white paper.

Me: (Now I was relaxed). Thank you very much and have an awesome day.

All glory to God......
Congrats. Have a safe, sound trip ahead of you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by teepee4Him(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
happyday:

Congrats. Have a safe, sound trip ahead of you.

Amen!

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by paulbets: 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bobority:

New Mexico is fine thank you. I am still on whatsapp na...lol...assignments and deadlines wan kee person...will buzz you soon...i hope you are fine too
I am fine thank you. Keep up with the assignments and deadlines o, I trust you will be fine. Oh yea, I can see ur WhatsApp now, see as you dey fresh for ya dp grin cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
happyday:

Can you convince yourself why switching will be a plus for your career? .....

E.g. You can work on Energy research in Chem, Mech, Met & Mat, Biological, Agricultural or even Elect.

As for the schools, you'll need to get a ranking list of grad programs in MechE, check the ones that fit your profile and dig up more.

All the best!

Thanks a lot boss....your contribution is highly valued.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by strictlynaija: 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
femi321:
I think you need to help yourself, nobody will spoon feed you accept maybe that person has first hand info about the exact situation in that school. so my brother/sister the best anyone can do is to just give you a general overview and you get to work, if you have any question you can come here to ask. So step 1) Search for schools using a) www.google.com b)www.gradschools.com c)www.msinus.com d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org read this website for an idea about the admision process http://graddecision.org/. 2) check up the website of the schools to see the requirements. 3) Send your application and back it up with prayers. With the right school, good application and GOD, you stand a good chance with funding and admision. This is just a summary of the initial process.I wont deceive you, the process is overwhelming but take step by step. DONT GIVE YOUR LIFE/DESTINY TO AN AGENT PLEASE. and by the way, you didnt send your gre score to any school? if you ask me, that was a costly mistake..now you will have to send your gre school to each school you end up applying to at a cost and the exchange rate is not smiling..there is still alot to spend money on

Thanks so much bro. I actually sent my scores to 4 schools (2 in US and 2 in Canada). However, the reason for my post is to ask experienced ones for the right school(s) now that I have my GRE scores. My research is ongoing and I've already begun applying but right now bro, I will appreciate any information I can get. Cheers,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bobority:

Hi, just a few schools I know of... but I don't know any other STEM course u can go for. I guess that should be based on what ure interested in..

University of New Mexico
Texas A & M University College Station
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
Michigan Technological University
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
University of Maryland Baltimore

All the best!

Thanks a lot bro...I will check d requirements for these schools. I already have some of them on my list though.
Once again, thanks for ur assistance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
ruxxz:
check out chemical engineering

I will do just that....thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
electronic:

Chairman since you are interested in Postgraduate, what you should do immediately is to start contacting Professors.
The most effective approach is to use google to seek profs that need RA/GA or that have multiple positions for MECH/CHEM
use the phrase below to search "I am looking for self-motivated Ph.D students Mechanical"
you can thank me later.
Create a simple mail. make sure you follow the instructions on the profs personal page. (this is the most effective approach)

Thanks you so much for this secret. However, it appears most of these profs seek for PhD student only ....will I ever find such opportunity for MS student? Anyways, I will use this format n keep searching till something comes out.
Once again, thank u, I so appreciate ur suggestion n assistance.
Also, is it also good to contact grad program coordinators who are not openly seeking for RA/GA students privately via email? If yes, please what's the format of such email?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2016
schoolhr:
Hello everyone,
My visa was approved on the 11th of this month and below is my transcript. Please note that I applied for F1 and F2 for my son
Why are you going to the US? I am going to the US to pursue my master degree in Healthcare Management at California university of mgt and sciences.
How did you know abt the sch? the school was recommended to me by my cousin who was an alunmi of the school.
Why did you choose Calums? I choose CALUMS becos the school is affordable,has a well structured curriculum and also has a small student body which will enable me adapt to the school easily.
Who is your sponsor? My husband
What does he do? He is a Solar Engineer,he owns his own business.
How many staff does he have? 25
What provision have you made for your son? My school has been kind enough to recommend a good school for him
How much is your son school fees? 1500 dollars
Why are you going with him? he is my only child and he needs all the maternal care he can get and i also need to nurture him with the right values.
are you married? yes I am
Why do you want to study healthcare mgt? I am very passionate about my country,most expecially the healthcare sector and will love to help improve the general service delivery of healthcare.
what is your husband coy name? xyz technologies.

I give GOD ALL THE GLORY FOR THIS VISA APPROVAL.
Pls, is any1 in calums that can help with accomodation? will also love to meet people travelling to calums for the winter session,kindly pm me.

congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 10:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
teepee4Him:
All glory belongs to God!

Visa approved this morning. I want to use this medium to appreciate all 'nairalanders' for their willingness to help and share useful info. I've been here for less than 10days and the only regret I have is not getting to know about this platform early enough. I'm 200% confident that if I had access to the plethora of info on ds platform while choosing schools I would have worked harder to get a GA or a scholarship.

However, credit must go to lagosismyhome, walspring, texrem, femi321, oludare01 etc for all d previous info. It was of immense benefit.

God bless you all
congrats, please share your interview transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 10:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
robedolu:
I want 2 say all Tanks 2 God almighty.d beginning and d end.d rock of ages,d morning star,d God dat change my name 4rm 2 glory and a favouered child.i was approved 2day,i was d 1 person 2 b attended 2 at window 7 2day(6:30am)

V.O: good morning,how was ur nite
Me. It was fine sir

V.O:so where re u going 2
Me:am going 2 bowling green state university 2 obtain a bachelor degree in accounting

V.O:so y did u choose d school(did not hear well.i had 2 tell him 2 repeat himself)
Me: Me: cos d school has a corporative and experiential educational program which integrate class room experience into real life world.connecting me wit expert and professional in my field of studies.and was also impressed about d ongoing iinput of industry expertise to ensure that student gain relevant and respected knowledge to apply instantly at work place on future .this really a great opportunity for me to interact wit industry and professional from different industry and also dere is an undergraduate research by professor pascal b... Dat center on financal model,is wil help companies minimum dere cost and maximize dere profit

V.O: What re d course u will b doin
ME:dere three categories of course i will b doing.Required,elective,and compulsory

V.o: Wat re u required courses
Me:my required re fundamental Mathematics,Use of English.compulsory re cost accounting,public sector,finacal accounting,Advance accounting,Auditing,Taxation and my elect are micro economic,macro economic,business management
V.O: who is responsible for ur payment
ME: my father

V.O: what does he do
Me: he a successful business man dat has oil and gas stations and also Supplies building materials for private and government sector

V.O: i will b approving ur visa 2day(naso my eye dey see d white paper as he dey bring am,i collected it so fast.(i think say na dream)
ME:Tanks sir.God bless u

Want 2 use dis opportunity 2say a big Tank u 2 texram.he is such a darling,he is really a God sent.he taught me so lot.he always says pray and practice,dat d only key 2get ur visa.want 2 say a big Tanks 2 bright,ceesaay(d God dat did mine will do urs pls go back and refire) want 2tank my family frnd dammy and Kunle aswell.Tanks 2 u all
congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 10:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
ajomarzy:
Visa Approved
Vo- Good morning
Me-Good morning
Vo- why do u want to go to Texas A&M university
Me- Am going there for my MBA to help build on my management skills as my current portfolio requires me working with SMEs, and this MBA would be of great help
Vo- when did you finish undergraduate degree
Me- 2011
Vo- What did you study for your masters?
Me- tell him finance
Vo- how long did u stay in the USA for your recent trip
Me- 7 days
Vo- so why go for an MBA when u already have a masters
Me- MBA is much more professional and would build my managerial and leadership skills
Vo- who is sponsoring you
Me- My Uncle
Vo- what does he do
Me- into real estate financing
Vo-Am gonna go ahead and approve your visa, this paper gives instruction on how to collect your passport, so do have a great day
Me- Alright thank you, have a great day too..Cheers

No documents requested, was very quick for about 1-2 mins . Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the group.
congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by exxy(m): 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
Walspring:

Nice reply...
Boss, I hail oo. e don tay shall. you forget ur boy ne.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TonnyTee(m): 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
larmeedeh:

can't pm u don't know y , its telling me too many anonymous msgs
if u can pm sha

Pls. U can try it again
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by exxy(m): 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
imperiouxx:
@ harrycool,

Cheers!
Congrats harrycool, Boss imperiouxx, e don tay oo. hailings
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lovelani(m): 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
DeeTus:
It doesn't hurt to tell the VO. After verification, your chances would have increased more.

But man, your responses were not good at all. Re-apply, focus more on successful transcripts and you shall succeed. But it's difficult if you are going for another for bachelor's degree in the same field.

Thanks guys, I'm probably gonna defer the admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
guz pls is it ok to give out social security to companies requesting before job interview?

has any1 done dis?

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.