Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671545 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:36am On Nov 24, 2016
larmeedeh:

thanks

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:36am On Nov 24, 2016
Timi1990:
Since the day i paid Sevis i couldnot sleep well. All i could think of is Nov 15th, US embassy, VO questions etc. Fast forward to the embassy gate, i saw so many huslers around calling customers to come and print, staple , take passport and all. I did the normal screening and my transcript goes like this :

Me: good morning ma
Vo: *frown face* she didnt answer
Vo: Why are you goin to the US ?
Me: am going for my masters in international relations with specialization on National security at Troy university alabama. This course will enable me understand the nature of relations between states and the role played by international organisations.
Vo: *still frowning face* what's your plan after school?
Me: i'll be coming back home to take a research job with the ministry of foreign affairs *vo cuts in *
Vo: have you ever travel out before ?
Me: No
Vo: why ? ?
Me : shocked *am not prepared for dis kind of question o* i have nothing to do outside the country, its my education that's taking me out for the first time.
Vo: who's you sponsor
Me: my dad
Vo: what does he do ?
Me: he's a businessman and also *vo cuts in*
Vo: have this, i'll be approving your visa . *i sharply collect am ready to fly comot grin* hold on you'll be needing your i-20 at the POE to avoid issues with immigration. * i no even answer her*
Jump out of the room anf give thanks to baba God.
grin its been God all the way. I knw my response wasnt that outstanding but God did it.
One tip i learnt . Always maintain eye contact with the vo.

Thanks everyone .
Lagosismyhome, walspring, femi321 etc

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland

In all let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:39am On Nov 24, 2016
nevicochidinma:
Are there schools in U.s that does not require Gmat and gre before applying for masters program in accounting, finance or marketing...

dem plenty but why running from the test?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:40am On Nov 24, 2016
alutachuks:
i need someone to help me pay sevis.....its urgent please

Have you seen anyone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:40am On Nov 24, 2016
sobastical:

cc: walspring

I dey ya

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:42am On Nov 24, 2016
kenniez26:
Flight schedule.Lagos to ataturk airport in turkey is from 22:45 to 7:20am. Then from ataturk to jf Kennedy is 8:25 to 11:50.my problem now is the 1 hour 5 minutes different in the connecting flight.am just thinking that is not enough to connect another flight. What are those things I have to do for me not to miss the second flight in case the first flight schedule did not arrive ataturk on time.

Lagosismyhome, walspring

I don't think you will miss it because you will be channel to the next flight directly since turkey its not your final destination..

The only thing am concern is that your luggage..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:43am On Nov 24, 2016
brightify:
The time is too close,I pray you meet up,but is just too close, there might be any delay,and JFK airport is always busy,and before you go through the CBP officer might take you a lot of time because of the long queue,so if possible you can reschedule the flight is better,and I also think if you miss your flight they will put you to the next available flight to your destination

She will meet up since its still same turkey she will be channel directly to another plane passing another route and checking wont take long
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:43am On Nov 24, 2016
larmeedeh:
pls does anyone know anything about spirit airlines , wanna use them as. connecting flight from NYC to Houston as direct from Lagos is quite high and pls anyone know of sites that I can use in booking cheap hotel.
thanks

They are good
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:47am On Nov 24, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I am certain with 99% that u will miss that flight for sure. Except if Istanbul to jfk is delayed then u are in luck .... sometimes the queue alone then waiting to transfer your luggage but no need to panic . .....or u get to jfk and see your luggage didnt make it due to the short transit time.

Since its morning flights then there would be other flights during the day .....usually if u miss your flight since its the same airline u are put on the next available flight for free ...so its fine . Just go ahead and relax . If u miss the flight walk to the airline counter and they would arrange a flight for u ....

the only thing you can do now is try ....immediately you get to Istanbul Ataturk airport head immediately to your departure gate and see if u made it or not .

@bold she wont because turkey own same airline and they are aware they some passenger are coming down to board the the flight down to US. It is her luggage am just concerning about and she won't do serious checking again i think she will be directed straight to the terminal that she will take the waiting flight to NY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:48am On Nov 24, 2016
ajomarzy:
Visa Approved
Vo- Good morning
Me-Good morning
Vo- why do u want to go to Texas A&M university
Me- Am going there for my MBA to help build on my management skills as my current portfolio requires me working with SMEs, and this MBA would be of great help
Vo- when did you finish undergraduate degree
Me- 2011
Vo- What did you study for your masters?
Me- tell him finance
Vo- how long did u stay in the USA for your recent trip
Me- 7 days
Vo- so why go for an MBA when u already have a masters
Me- MBA is much more professional and would build my managerial and leadership skills
Vo- who is sponsoring you
Me- My Uncle
Vo- what does he do
Me- into real estate financing
Vo-Am gonna go ahead and approve your visa, this paper gives instruction on how to collect your passport, so do have a great day
Me- Alright thank you, have a great day too..Cheers

No documents requested, was very quick for about 1-2 mins . Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the group.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:49am On Nov 24, 2016
sobastical:
Why your blood dey hot na? go to Canada a thread please before oga justwise use him hammer on you.. Don't say I don't warn you!

Him nah triple H wey dey use hammer?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:49am On Nov 24, 2016
Teedawg:
Hello I recently got accepted to study in the States I'm preparing for my visa interview and a family friend will sponsor my education will the consular accept my sponsor's bank statement or must my sponsor be family or relatives?
Thank you!

As long as you will state a good and genuine reason why the person is your sponsor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:50am On Nov 24, 2016
I missed that drama in Page 207

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:57am On Nov 24, 2016
ajicse:
Glory be to God for the great things he has done, i got my VISA. i will be attending western illinois university for my MSc in Computer Science, please can anybody here help me with contact in Macomb Illinois, i need where i can stay for few days before i secure my accomodation

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:58am On Nov 24, 2016
texrem:

I am not texram...See my baby ke...changing my name...All the same congrats..Welcome to obamaland..God bless ur new journey

LOl... Assuming tomorrow is Salah, i would have price texram and but texram grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:58am On Nov 24, 2016
brightify:
let's give thanks to God as our baba Walspring dey talk grin grin

Nah so..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:59am On Nov 24, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:02am On Nov 24, 2016
teepee4Him:
All glory belongs to God!

Visa approved this morning. I want to use this medium to appreciate all 'nairalanders' for their willingness to help and share useful info. I've been here for less than 10days and the only regret I have is not getting to know about this platform early enough. I'm 200% confident that if I had access to the plethora of info on ds platform while choosing schools I would have worked harder to get a GA or a scholarship.

However, credit must go to lagosismyhome, walspring, texrem, femi321, oludare01 etc for all d previous info. It was of immense benefit.

God bless you all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 24, 2016
femi321:
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Ok. Good school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:03am On Nov 24, 2016
mrsmith11:
Please I need opinion or suggestions.

I have B.sc in computer science but I want to go for a diploma/certificate course in automotive (automobile) technology in a technical college.

Is it advisable ?

@bold I assume you applying to a CC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:04am On Nov 24, 2016
ofavourmi:
Good day, am a new user here, I must really commend on the good work u guys are doing on this forum. Please I need assistant on how to register for GRE exam and softcopy materials. p
ls ur timely response will be appreciated.

Cc: Walspring
: Lagosismyhome
: Texrem
and others.

www.ets.org/toefl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:04am On Nov 24, 2016
worry359:

If you already have Bsc, then it is only 1% that they would give you visa to study a lower course.

I guess he is applying to a CC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:11am On Nov 24, 2016
amanonymous:
Please o what is the grading scale of Nigeria university "lagos state university " to be precise. Am actually on my application and I got confused in dat section. 4.0, 5.0, 10 , 100 which one I go pick abeg

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Stewee(m): 1:21am On Nov 24, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Longest time buddy. How you doing?

I'm doing great man.
Good to see you're still here holding things down.

Shoutout to you!!! ☺️

Hope you're doing great too!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Stewee(m): 1:22am On Nov 24, 2016
Walspring:

Mr wale!
What's good bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:05am On Nov 24, 2016
adamatrump:
No call yet from Walspring, texrem, Warriboy, Airich01 and the rest of you...what's happening?

Call as how?

I dont grab, can you explain better please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:06am On Nov 24, 2016
femi321:
why limit yourself to Maryland? There are considerably number of schools that will give you admision with that, you will need to do GRE/gmat and maybe toefl to increase your chances. You will also get schools in maryland but thats like putting your egg in one basket

Nah there shayo dey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:06am On Nov 24, 2016
Stewee:

Mr wale!
What's good bro?

Everything good and thanks to God

How about you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:12am On Nov 24, 2016
lovelani:
Hi guys, my visa was delayed on Monday by 7am window 9, the hall was crowded and vos kinda strict that day.

I had an admission at Central Michigan University, but like I posted earlier in this forum, the major in my i20 was liberal arts and sciences, I sent an email to the admission school asking why that was given when I was expected to have Information technology, they relief that, that's the norm that the main major shall be given up on arrival at the school, I had no choice but to start studying on what liberal arts and sciences is all about.
Now back to the interview. Which last for less than 2mins
In the cubicle were 2vos, I guess a junior was standing while the senior was sitted and he interviewed me.
Vo: what's your study plan
Me; im going to cmu to pursue a bachelors in liberal arts and sciences which will last approximately 36months
Vo:What was your previous degree in,
Me: computer science from the university of ibadan.
Vo: what benefit will this course be to you
Me: it will boost my managerial skills and make me more effective in my communication skills and my mode of reasoning ethically.

Next he typed for like a minute and gave me the 214b booklet and my passport.

Now, I've contacted the school and explained everything to them, they apologised and even said they are making my case an exception and giving sending me another I20 that will have the major in information technology, , the officer suggested that I should defer the admission till fall intake as time may not be OK to book for another appointment. School resumes 9tj January for spring.

Pls guys walspring, textrem, others kindly advice if i should defer toll fall or go ahead and book another appointment and also will going for another bsc be a problem?

Sorry about your delay..

You saw pit and you went ahead and enter, Are you saying the school doesn't have computer science department or faculty? Abi nah those people do am for you?

Also you have Bsc before and going for another bsc but you couldn't get the time to tell VO why new Bsc and again is not related to your previous degree..

Try and get a course related to your CS an refire back please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:12am On Nov 24, 2016
femi321:
thats not sevis fee, wait..hope this concordia college is not a cummunity college? I am asking so that your enrollment deposit wont enter voice mail if God forbid ,you dont get Visa

Its a private university and not CC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:13am On Nov 24, 2016
spaceshipz:
Please I'm asked to pay a 300 dollars enrollment deposit school is Concordia college. Is this enrollment deposit the same as sives fee? Or will I pay sevis fee differently. Thanks!!

It's not sevis fee but a fee to be sure that you will attend their school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:13am On Nov 24, 2016
neurosci:

Thanks, I'm the farthest thing from Lagos now. I hope the Swift modem finds a way to fall into my laps.

Just use your phone as wifi and connect to your laptop and make use of Skype..

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.