Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,534 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673530 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcearnie: 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wow! At last! Congrats man smiley
eniolagharxe:
I want to take this time out to appreciate GOD in my life,I applied on Thursday and was denied,reapplied today and GOD In His mightiness showed his superiority....transcripts loading...HELP ME THANK GOD O
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
Approved Application Transcript VO:Good morning
ME:Good morning,sir
VO:why are you going to the US?
ME:To pursue an associate degree in general engineering at Westmoreland county community college, youngwood, Pennsylvania
VO:are you married?
ME: *smiles* and say NO
VO: got kids?
ME: *smiles* and says NO
VO:when did you finish high school?
ME: 2009
VO: *stops typing and looked at me* 7 years?... what have you been doing?
ME:went to get a certificate in computer engineering at lagos city before which I worked as a technical assistant at my dad's mobile phone distribution outlet...
VO:what would you do after your program?
ME:i intend to transfer my 60 credit hour to a university to obtain a bsc in computer engineering after which I'd come back home to practice with my dad...
VO:who's your sponsor?
ME:my dad
VO:how did you get to know about the school?
ME:a cousin who's an alumni of the school and currently in nigeria,gave me strong recommendation of the school...
Typed for like 2minutes and said the sentence "I'll be approving your visa" (thought Nairalanders lie when they say they do not hear anything after this sentence but I experienced it too today...) nothing else didn't just seem to matter, collected the paper and said "thank you" with a Smile...said "thank you Jesus" out loud right before I exited the interview hall...my appreciation goes to GOD almighty as HE performed wonder in my life Today...also big thanks to Texrem,Brightify,Deborah,SureBoy,Deetus (for the mock interview) God bless you all abundantly as you've all been blessings to me...PRAISE THE LORD!!!

27 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
mcearnie:
Pls who has used Arik air from lagos to NY before? How was your experience? Learnt they delay and disappoint alot without any explanations to passengers. Pls advice before i go enter one chance grin

only fly Arik if u have enough time on your hand....but if u are flying a day or few days to your i20 start date then stay far away from Arik as flight get cancelled last minute . ...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 8:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
eniolagharxe:
ME:To pursue an associate degree in general engineering at Westmoreland county community college, youngwood, Pennsylvania
ME:went to get a certificate in computer engineering at lagos city before which I worked as a technical assistant at my dad's mobile phone distribution outlet...
ME:i intend to transfer my 60 credit hour to a university to obtain a bsc in computer engineering after which I'd come back home to practice with my dad...

ME:a cousin who's an alumni of the school and currently in nigeria,gave me strong Orecommendation of the school...
Typed for like 2minutes and said the sentence "I'll be approving your visa" (thought Nairalanders lie when they say they do not hear anything after this sentence but I experienced it too today...) nothing else didn't just seem to matter, collected the paper and said "thank you" with a Smile...said "thank you Jesus" out loud right before I exited the interview hall...my appreciation goes to GOD almighty as HE performed wonder in my life Today...also big thanks to Texrem,Brightify,Deborah,SureBoy,Deetus (for the mock interview) God bless you all abundantly as you've all been blessings to me...PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Congratulations bro.... Na everyone dey go deaf after those golden words bro... Enjoy Trumpland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Been a while my NL famz, so I got to NYC on Sunday night after all the checkings and stress from immigration POE, finally got to terminal 1, where I find my way to my contact, so here is my advice if you ar coming to NYC within this month or next please come with your head, hand, body foot warmer because the cold no be joke ooo, abeg no come without your winter kits, this is a true life story my heart almost got frozen before I got home... *are you in NYC please send me pm, feeling lonely*

Will learn from your experience. thanks for sharing this... Hehehehe #SMH grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
eniolagharxe:
ME:a cousin who's an alumni of the school and currently in nigeria,gave me strong recommendation of the school...

I see God in this. congratulations bro. I am so happy for you!
I also see my bo$$ @Texrim here. He is a great guy. I appreciate your effort boss. I will follow you into politics grin, you lead well smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:

only fly Arik if u have enough time on your hand....but if u are flying a day or few days to your i20 start date then stay far away from Arik so flight get cancelled last minute . ...

Lolz... Lesson learnt grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Tiffae: 8:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hi all..,who stays around south Florida area..does anyone knows how u can get a shared room around here?.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks Boss!
Success all the way!
cecemat:

I wish you good success all the way bro.
God's got your back. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
eniolagharxe:
congratulations and welcome to Mr trump land
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 8:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mr dickoflife why you no dey WhatsApp, abi u don change number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcearnie: 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks alot, you are very correct. Infact when i read their customers' complains online, i ran to Royal Air Maroc.
LagosismyHome:

only fly Arik if u have enough time on your hand....but if u are flying a day or few days to your i20 start date then stay far away from Arik so flight get cancelled last minute . ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
cecemat:

lol... Sent since boss. Sorry na network, had to resend it
Check your email.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
cecemat:

I see God in this. congratulations bro. I am so happy for you!
I also see my bo$$ @Texrim here. He is a great guy. I appreciate your effort boss. I will follow you into politics grin, you lead well smiley
thank you brother

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
Christian129:

Congratulations bro.... Na everyone dey go deaf after those golden words bro... Enjoy Trumpland
I been think say na joke o...thanks brothers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
brightify:
congratulations and welcome to Mr trump land
you've been a blessing to me,sir...God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
eniolagharxe:
Congrats. I was so happy when you called and told me that your visa has been approved. @Chiezzh, please see "expo" again. I do not want to hear some lyrics anymore. grin

Just go there and speak with confidence. Do not be afraid. You will succeed if you avoid mistakes. @eniola, you are smart.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kinematicguy: 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
OjaP:

What do you think about mechanical engineering? I think petroleum engineering is too specialized. With a degree in mechanical engineering, you can still work in the oil industries. Just make sure you take some petroleum geology or reservoir engineering classes as part of your electives. And with the current crisis in the oil sector, your mechanical engineering degree will be valuable and would open doors for you in other sectors.

Thank me later.

Thank you very much for the advice. Although, I am a geoscientist.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2016
eniolagharxe:
Denied Application Transcript. Are you single
No
How old are you
When did you finish high school
What have you been doing since
Been working with my dad as a PA and went to lagos city computer college for a certificate in computer science
What course?
General engineering
What's ut about
It*
It's a preparatory course that encompasses different fields of engineering, helping students discover themselves and strong points
How many schools did you apply to?
Four
Why did you choose Westmoreland county community college?
Told him I chose Westmoreland county community college because of its educational program objective having a balance of theoretical and practical teaching also its engineering faculty's achievement, being the first community college to ever win an America society of engineers' national design competition, and other prestigious regional engineering competition,it's annual interactive program with practicing professional engineers from different areas to give the students some level of mentoring that'd help prepare them for what lies ahead their career field...
Then he asked if my dad pays me...
And I said no,just stipends...
And he asked how much
And I said 15 thousand
And that was it?
Your application isn't qualified...
And gave me a blue paper
so na joke you joke before.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 9:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
GboyegaD:

Wish you the very best. I learnt there are a handful of Nigerians in the school.
Yes you're right brother me. I stay temporarily with two wonderful Nigerians who have been hospital ever since I came here. Thanks brother. God bless you too.
cecemat:

Hehehe... Oboi no die for Yankee oh!
Your post wan kill me for here grin angry grin grin
Lol cheesy I Don dey adjust small small sha. But the cold no be beans o. Success in advance for your interview bro. God bless you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
akins2016:

so na joke you joke before.. grin
was denied on Thursday and reapplied today and got approved...all God!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
eniolagharxe:
I want to take this time out to appreciate GOD in my life,I applied on Thursday and was denied,reapplied today and GOD In His mightiness showed his superiority....transcripts loading...HELP ME THANK GOD O
Your e emies wanted to try some bad belle tinz but kolewerk!!
Oluwa is involved....congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
cecemat:

I'm pleased to get a reply from you boss.
God bless you. Will shoot you a mail right away
Please no shooting.... grin or I tell Seun.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 9:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
GboyegaD, how far now? I still dey await your response on that Denton contact baba. Please, help my life.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
Christian129:
I'm really sorry for dropping this transcript very late. i have always dreamt of dropping a really long and juicy transcript, but i have noticed how impatient i get when reading lengthy transcripts therefore; i'd make this as laconic as possible. lets cut to the chase, here is the conversation between Christian and the cute V.O:

V.O: Good Morning. Pass me your passport and your sevis ID
Me: Here(i dey try arrange the thing with confidence, but the VO come say "don't worry, just pass it "
V.O: How did you find this school?
Me: (i dey happy because of my rehearsed lines) i first heard about this school through my erstwhile lecturer and mentor, Prof Idowu. i then went further to check out the school through NASPPA research journal, and further streamlined my search using my research interest.
Just saw this mehn. So so Happy for you fam. Thank God for blessings. Come yankee and show them the scholarly. God bless your new journey fam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
akins2016:

Check your email.

BosS God bless you oh... So happy for your corrections. Effecting ASAP.
But that my dad's part eh...hmmm> he has legal permanent residency sir. Don't know how to clearly state that part sha o. Dunno of his plans to return home o with my mum o. Please help relate to this. Cos I have stated their status together with my bro's who is a citizen in my ds-160 form already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Fesobi92:

Yes you're right brother me. I stay temporarily with two wonderful Nigerians who have been hospital ever since I came here. Thanks brother. God bless you too.
Lol cheesy I Don dey adjust small small sha. But the cold no be beans o. Success in advance for your interview bro. God bless you

Amen... Thanks thanks
Blessings follow you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
electronic:

Your e emies wanted to try some bad belle tinz but kolewerk!!
Oluwa is involved....congrats.
God pass dem...thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
@slimmy I think I'll need bajinotu at some point o. Memphis is damn unsafe. These guys can steal and burst you anytime. I'll thread carefully tho. Thanks boss
@Oludare baba thanks mesef Dey watch my back. I think I'll need kunfayakun at some point too. Imagine, staffs can actually carry guns for school. That should tell you the crime rate here.
@Akin Baba I salute yu any day. Mesef Wan be like you ooo. I go surely rep na...Great Futarian
@Seeker I nor be politician ooo. I shouldn't end up like agagu when I no chop gbi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
electronic:

Please no shooting.... grin or I tell Seun.

Hehehhehe grin
Dude got cuffs ni tongue tongue tongue tongue
Baba I hail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
My people edakun help me ooooh
I am always checking flights even when I have not seen my admission letter not to talk of I20. And I am applying for fall2017. smh. Please am I the only one doin this? undecided undecided
I hope I an still normal?

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
cecemat:

Hehehhehe grin
Dude got cuffs ni tongue tongue tongue tongue
Baba I hail
I sight you...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.