Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673563 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:24am On Dec 21, 2016
sobastical:
I need a coach to mock me up, interview in about 48hrs
My boss walspring is so busy now... Anyone willing should kindly shoot me a PM or I do after quoting me.

Gracias!

Nah you be big boss ooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:24am On Dec 21, 2016
SAMUELS3:

Let's practice..

Nice one and thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:25am On Dec 21, 2016
OluDare01:
Walspring will be back when they unfreeze MMM grin grin grin.
Baba dey receive Rhema ontop mountain

Lol..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:29am On Dec 21, 2016
cecemat:

Hehehe... Bad gang leader grin grin grin make d dude see ds post first tongue

I don see am and whats good ?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:30am On Dec 21, 2016
Hengene:

We need him to attend to us ooo

Am here boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:32am On Dec 21, 2016
SlimHan:
thank God you are here. please help me out. how do i pay. i cant see any option for credit card payment here.

I need check with your details and look for it.. Send me pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SlimHan(f): 12:33am On Dec 21, 2016
i did already.
Walspring:

I need check with your details and look for it.. Send me pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tomisinobm(m): 12:35am On Dec 21, 2016
SlimHan:
i'm presently having difficulty in payment part. I guess i have to go for your advice then. Do you have an idea of the fee there? also, i need direction on how to get there. Thanks so much

Check for the address on the internet, I don't know the bus route, but once you can get to eko. You'd be fine. The fee is dependent on the exchanger rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tomisinobm(m): 12:40am On Dec 21, 2016
SlimHan:
i'm presently having difficulty in payment part. I guess i have to go for your advice then. Do you have an idea of the fee there? also, i need direction on how to get there. Thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 12:47am On Dec 21, 2016
mudi1012:
@akins2016 Boss please can you assist me as well check my transcript prep as well ...
shoot me an email lemme try... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:05am On Dec 21, 2016
SlimHan:
i did already.

Waiting for your reply via pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by robedolu(f): 1:56am On Dec 21, 2016
Venek:
Visa approved this morning, I Give all Thanx to God for showing me favour. My appointment was for 8.15am but got interviewed by 10.40, first I was told during biometric that my barcode doesn't correspond, this got me destabilized, good thing was that the fault didn't come from me, so it was fixed within minutes.
I want to thank the wonderful men and women that God used to make this day a success, thank you for your prayers, love and support. Thanx to Deetus for your time, a day never passed by without your advice, interviews and words of encouragement, thanx texrem for sevis fee payment, mock interview, and contributing to my transcript especially when i was depressed.Thanx robedolu for making this dream real and also introducing Brightify to me, @brightify your scolding on the first day of interview made me to sit up, embarassed thanx for your advice, encouragement and time, even in your busy schedule, thanks to pastor Walspring for the accomodation, prayers and showing me around Lagos, I for lost oo. Thanx Gunther for TOEFL fee subsidy. I thank everyone that have posted in this forum, I read and learnt alot.....transcript loading
congrat dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by robedolu(f): 1:59am On Dec 21, 2016
eniolagharxe:
Approved Application Transcript VO:Good morning
ME:Good morning,sir
VO:why are you going to the US?
ME:To pursue an associate degree in general engineering at Westmoreland county community college, youngwood, Pennsylvania
VO:are you married?
ME: *smiles* and say NO
VO: got kids?
ME: *smiles* and says NO
VO:when did you finish high school?
ME: 2009
VO: *stops typing and looked at me* 7 years?... what have you been doing?
ME:went to get a certificate in computer engineering at lagos city before which I worked as a technical assistant at my dad's mobile phone distribution outlet...
VO:what would you do after your program?
ME:i intend to transfer my 60 credit hour to a university to obtain a bsc in computer engineering after which I'd come back home to practice with my dad...
VO:who's your sponsor?
ME:my dad
VO:how did you get to know about the school?
ME:a cousin who's an alumni of the school and currently in nigeria,gave me strong recommendation of the school...
Typed for like 2minutes and said the sentence "I'll be approving your visa" (thought Nairalanders lie when they say they do not hear anything after this sentence but I experienced it too today...) nothing else didn't just seem to matter, collected the paper and said "thank you" with a Smile...said "thank you Jesus" out loud right before I exited the interview hall...my appreciation goes to GOD almighty as HE performed wonder in my life Today...also big thanks to Texrem,Brightify,Deborah,SureBoy,Deetus (for the mock interview) God bless you all abundantly as you've all been blessings to me...PRAISE THE LORD!!!
congrat dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by nellyalph: 2:02am On Dec 21, 2016
mcearnie:
I'm trying to book a connecting flight/train/bus from New York to Dallas...whichever one but having a challenge making payment. How do i go about this? Who has done this before from Naija? Can i pay with cash when i get there in case I'm unable to do it online?

Pls help a brother out here oooooo

I booked with American Airlines during my time from Nigeria. A friend used his gtb card to pay online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:11am On Dec 21, 2016
cecemat:

Amen my brother...
@mudi01 your visa don dey approved, signed and ready already. Na to go yarn one or two things collect am in the physical grin
If @Texrim Akin Oladure...... all the wise men don see am, my guy na A+ wink wink wink wink

God got us all. We will share our own testimonies in this one o, whether black devil like am or yes grin grin grin grin

I AM NOT TEXRIM....NA TEXREM

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:13am On Dec 21, 2016
electronic:
My people edakun help me ooooh
I am always checking flights even when I have not seen my admission letter not to talk of I20. And I am applying for fall2017. smh. Please am I the only one doin this? undecided undecided
I hope I an still normal?
grin grin
Na heart attack you go give yourself. During my time, Na exchange rate I dey check

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:15am On Dec 21, 2016
texrem:

I AM NOT TEXRIM....NA TEXREM

Everytime your name is always remix grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:16am On Dec 21, 2016
mcearnie:
I'm trying to book a connecting flight/train/bus from New York to Dallas...whichever one but having a challenge making payment. How do i go about this? Who has done this before from Naija? Can i pay with cash when i get there in case I'm unable to do it online?

Be like say you dey joke abi?
If you book a bus, na die o. Be ready to spend 33hours on the road.
I doubt if you can get a train from NY to TX. Local flight shouldn't be more than $200. You'd have go look for someone that wanna send $$ home
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:18am On Dec 21, 2016
OluDare01:

grin grin
Na heart attack you go give yourself. During my time, Na exchange rate I dey check

Also looking for form 2B in all the banks here in Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:20am On Dec 21, 2016
jyemsta:
VISA APPROVED (7TH DEC. 2016, 9:00am)...Special thanks to d almighty for everything so far. I was just too organised to be disorganized, i thank all d nairaland guru for the info on this platform. Having got dat much info, i crossed my mind not to do any mock interview but cous d info are more than enough.
Transcript goes thus:
VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning maaa
VO: How was ur nit
Me: very fine, nd urs?
VO: Tell me ur study plan
Me: I plan to study masters in engineering tech at ETSU with specialization in electrical/electronics tech&product development. Engineering tech is a blend of advance engineering and business education, it basically will equip me with advance knowledge, skills, tools&techniques to handle engineering production with efficiency of up to six sigma nd lean six sigma......cut in
VO: How did u hear about d school
Me: From my senior colleague were i work, my chief metering engineer and also my instrumention&control engineer.
Vo: Where do u work
Me: ....... Company here on the island.
Vo: how do u intend to apply d knowledge
Me: presently Nigeria lacked d critical mass of engineering manager who have advance knowledge of handling large productions and system, on completion of the program i will use the knowledge gained to help the my company in key activities such as implementation, utilization of machines, systems and software as well as the relation of this elements and systems with humans.
Vo: Tell me about how u got d admission
Me: I applied to d school myself, sent in my documents nd i also got scholarship which i believe was due to my past academic achievement. I graduated as onr of the top 10% in my under grad days.
Vo: Wat school nd course.
Me: University of ......., Elect.elect engr.
Vo: Do u have ur transcript here, let me see it.
Me: gave it to her.
Vo: Tell me ur best course nd talk about it, nd wat level.
Me: Special topics in electrical machine.(but me said year four instead of final, but as a sharp guy i no shake ooo, i just insist nd convinced her more).
Vo; Who is to sponsor u.
Me : my dad
Vo: what does he do.
Me: he is a senior custom officer with the NCSE.
VO: I would be approving ur visa bla bla bla.......
Na so i collect white paper nd move ahead, was so happy cous many guys were bounced before me.
I BELIEVE CONFIDENCE AND ROBUST INFO ABOUT UR SCHOOL ND COURSE IS THE KEY. Even wen u dey tear lie, do it with confidence...
Finally, Pray for God favour.

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:20am On Dec 21, 2016
Walspring:

Everytime your name is always remix grin grin grin grin

I DONT KNOW WHY.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

EVEN SLIMHAN CALL ME TEXTREM....I JUST TIRE

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:20am On Dec 21, 2016
seriki1563:
visa issued on monday(6:30 am)
me- good morning sir
vo- pls give me a litlle time
me-ok sir(he was typing and concentrating and also chilling with his coffee and I was also admiring his mustache and beard)
vo-good morning
me-morning with a warm smile
vo-ass me ur document (passport and I-20)
me-i gave them to him
vo-so what do you want to go and do in east tennessee state university
me-I am going to ETSU to pursue my bachelors degree in chemistry
vo-ok, which city is ETSU
me- johnson city
vo-how many schools did you apply to
me-3( na just one I apply to ooooo but u wont say one if u are truly looking for a visa)
vo-how many gave u admission
me-2
vo-name them
me- ETSU and uni of ARKANSAS
vo-which one rejected
me-Idaho state uni
vo-why ETSU
me-(this is where I finish the job) When I google searched using princetonreview, usnews.com and chemistry.org then I streamlined my researches on schools that perfectly match my area of interest which is chemistry and ETSU seems to be one of them.Though I was accepted to other schools but ETSU became my top priority above others because chemistry is offered as a major while other uni do not do it as a major
vo-u mean uni of ARKANSAS dont take chemistry as a major
me-yes( even though I was not sure)
vo-ok, ok, ok. What will you do with chemistry
me-It will give me the opportunity to work as an analytical and industrial chemist when I return to Nigeria and also it will give me the indepth knowledge and scientific skills to head my father's newly set up food testing laboratory as well as working with the federal government research institutes in Nigeria and in this way, I will be able to contribute into the improvement of human's health in my country Nigeria.
vo-so you will work for the govenment
me-no mainly my dad's food testing laboratoy
vo-so your dad has a laboratory
me-yes( i think he didn't hear it when I mentioned it before)
vo-who will pay for this in your i-20 (tuition fee)
me-my dad
vo-what does he do
me-he is the CEO of al-mubarak travels and tours limited and also the founder of AL-mubis food testing LAB
vo-did your dad study chemistry
me-no
vo-When did he set up the Food testing LAB
me-2013
vo-How was it easy for him to move from a travelling agent to a chemist
me-He his only a founder and not a worker sir and actually my dad has built the LAB all because of me because he has always promise me a LAB right from when I was young because I have always tell him my career prospect is to be an analytical chemist and he also made a promise to send me to the US to study due to their good quality of education.
vo-ok,ok,ok why did you choose chemistry
me-I chose chemistry because when I was in high school, a teacherof mine do ask for our carieer prospect and mine has always make him give an advice to study chemistry.
vo-what do u understand or what have U experienced about the food testing LAB
me-All the expertise in the company do make sur that all food are well tested against contamination like what was discovered some weeks back are people coocking beans cake with plastic which are very dangerous to our health because thos plastics are not ideal for cooking because they are made from hydrocarbons which are made from waste of crude oil.......
vo-ok,ok-I will be issuing ur visa now and bla bla bla which I did not even wait to here.no document was asked. It is not by my power but God alone. I fasted for 30 days and pray mostly in the midnight. My advice do not be appaled on whatever question that is asked because all they want to hear is a reason for u to return to Nigeria and do not be disturbed by the processes taken before getting to the consular officer and neither must u feel aghast if someone's visa is rejected just mind ur business and try to chill with some people before getting in for screeniin just to gain confidence.

Congratulations and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:24am On Dec 21, 2016
texrem:

I DONT KNOW WHY.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

EVEN SLIMHAN CALL ME TEXTREM....I JUST TIRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:28am On Dec 21, 2016
cecemat:

Yea brov... You aren't on the streets yet atleast grin grin grin

REPLIED

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SlimHan(f): 2:34am On Dec 21, 2016
hehehehheheheh sorry about that boss. grin[quote author=texrem post=52117535][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:38am On Dec 21, 2016
Tht's on a lighter note baba
Walspring:

Lol..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:52am On Dec 21, 2016
seriki1563, congratulations on your visa approval but next time don't say things you're not sure of. You almost shot yourself in the leg by saying UARK does not offer chemistry as a major.
Enjoy your stay in JC

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:39am On Dec 21, 2016
mcearnie:

Newyork to Dallas too far by bus and especially not in this cold season. take a flight or book your poe to be houston or somewhere closer

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 4:03am On Dec 21, 2016
As a new f1 student can I enter the United states after program start date but before start of classes?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:06am On Dec 21, 2016
eniolagharxe:
As a new f1 student can I enter the United states after program start date but before start of classes?

Get extension letter from your school if you plan to do that because you need attend the orientation for new student which is very compulsory and its just 2 or 3 days difference between the start date and start of classes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:12am On Dec 21, 2016
eniolagharxe:

you cannot enter after the start date on your i20 so that what u need to check.....make sure u are in the usa before that date or you will be turned back /refused entry at POE. if u cannot make it then work with the school if they can issue u another i20 with a later date...not every school agrees to this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 4:49am On Dec 21, 2016
Walspring:

Get extension letter from your school if you plan to do that because you need attend the orientation for new student which is very compulsory and its just 2 or 3 days difference between the start date and start of classes
please how do I go about it and how long does it take?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.