Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673064 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 9:33pm On Dec 27, 2016
sobastical:

cool cool
guy,post your delayed visa transcript let the gurus here vet before you go back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by yemiseun2020: 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
@Iekene, please I need Magoosh Account password my e-mail - yemiseun2020@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 10:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
fregkay:
guy,post your delayed visa transcript let the gurus here vet before you go back.

Sure sir
Here we go

Vo:pass me your passport
Me:I did
Vo why Wartburg
Me:cos they have a well structured curriculum that's practical oriented
Vo:how many school did I applied to and name them
Me:Wartburg, uni of Indianapolis, Barry uni and mckendre
Vo did I take any test like sat or any
Me yes took ielts and I got 6.0
Vo what's ielts
Me. Told him

And he said sorry he can't approve my f1 visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
sobastical:

Sure sir
Here we go

Vo why Wartburg
Vo what's ielts
Me. Told him

You've been here for quite a while and I feel you can do better. That is a generic response.

How come you got 6.0 in IELTS. That is a very poor score. You should have aimed for nothing less that 7.0. I wrote the exam and didn't even study for it. Well, that might attributed to my advance knowledge anyway. That being said, before you go back there, make sure you work well on your responses.

All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 10:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
sobastical:

Sure sir
Here we go

Vo why Wartburg
Vo what's ielts
Me. Told him

your response to why Wartburg wasn't good enough in my opinion. You should have talked about the curriculum mentioning the courses you would be taking and practical oriented mentioning researches that would be carried out by professors and how it's well aligned with your area of interest. You haven't done your home work o....pls,go back to the previous transcript here and do justice to them. you sure would get your visa this time. It's certain!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2016
sobastical:

Sure sir
Here we go

Vo why Wartburg
Vo what's ielts
Me. Told him

Your schools sef. Which one be watburg , Barry and McKendre they sound Like you didn't do any research for popular schools at least.
That could raise some red flash too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
electronic:

Your schools sef. Which one be watburg , Barry and McKendre they sound Like you didn't do any research for popular schools at least.
That could raise some red flash too.

You wouldn't know about the school though.
Some folks here are currently studying there sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
fregkay:
your response to why Wartburg wasn't good enough in my opinion. You could have talked about the curriculum mentioning the courses you would be taking and practical oriented mentioning researches that would be carried out by professors and how it's well aligned with your area of interest. You haven't done your home work o....pls,go back to the previous transcript here and do justice to them. you sure would get your visa this time. It's certain!

I'm really working on that sir
Really appreciate your words
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 11:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
slimmy2005:
You've been here for quite a while and I feel you can do better. That is a generic response.

How come you got 6.0 in IELTS. That is a very poor score. You should have aimed for nothing less that 7.0. I wrote the exam and didn't even study for it. Well, that might attributed to my advance knowledge anyway. That being said, before you go back there, make sure you work well on your responses.

All the best.

Yes sir
I knew I stuttered at that question and even the VO showed it that my response weren't convincing enough
As for the IELTS it was accepted and i took it last year for an European school and didn't bothered to go for a retake and besides been busy this year to go for another.

Thanks once again sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ardedaryor(m): 11:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
femi321:
No exams at all? Lol..who doesn't prefer no exam and cheap? we all do but reality will make you now whatsup. Most schools that wont ask for any exams will probably be all those schools that have no ranking, its not only about going to school..have you ever thought of life after school?? Even people that attended ranked schools still sweat before they get a job. You might want to think about that and whats your definition of cheap?In this Nigeria Economy, $5000 per semester is not cheap at all,1 dollar might be #500 next month.You will hardly get a school with tuition as low as $7000/semester. You need to do GRE and apply to schools that will give you one sort of funding or the other, dont be lazy and get to work. Apart from Tuition you still have living expenses to think about per month. Idealy you will hardly see anyone response to post like no gre, no toefl etc but i am doing my masters in civil engineering, guess that is why i thought of giving you my own piece of advice.

This is so much on point....intelligent and we'll constructed post like yours have made me an addict to this thread...@sexyZee see bolded, the god has spoken.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
sobastical:

You wouldn't know about the school though.
Some folks here are currently studying there sir
Yeah OK. But maybe the VO was not so comfortable with your choices. I believe your response to Wartburg should also sell the school. because I don't think its really popular.
Try to create new phrases you feel the vo has not heard to answer the generic "why this school " question.
That "well structured course...." Might be tiring to the VO because most schools are well structured already!!!
I guess you should search for the visa interview collection postef here. So study all the interviews and get how to tackle those questions.
God is your Strength.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
sobastical:

Yes sir
I knew I stuttered at that question and even the VO showed it that my response weren't convincing enough
As for the IELTS it was accepted and i took it last year for an European school and didn't bothered to go for a retake and besides been busy this year to go for another.

Thanks once again sir
The score is not impressive, so I would suggest you leave out the score except the VO specifically ask for it. Let me give some tips. When you book for your next interview, keep it to yourself. It would help ease the pressure from everyone waiting on you to come drop transcript or feedback. Secondly, write down your responses and send to me. I can help you review those response and revert. Lastly, don't pressure yourself. Eat, sleep, watch movies, have some beer, hangout with friends, have se.x and other social vices that interest you. This is just to ease the pressure and the whole trauma that comes with rejection.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bobority: 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2016
Christian129:
Live in New York. It feels sooooooooooo good to be here. I'd post my itinerary transcript larrrr

Welcome bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
electronic:

Yeah OK. But maybe the VO was not so comfortable with your choices. I believe your response to Wartburg should also sell the school. because I don't think its really popular.
Try to create new phrases you feel the vo has not heard to answer the generic "why this school " question.
That "well structured course...." Might be tiring to the VO because most schools are well structured already!!!
I guess you should search for the visa interview collection postef here. So study all the interviews and get how to tackle those questions.
God is your Strength.

Right on point sir
I already have past transcript and other materials and am really working on my lapses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2016
slimmy2005:
The score is not impressive, so I would suggest you leave out the score except the VO specifically ask for it. Let me give some tips. When you book for your next interview, keep it to yourself. It would help ease the pressure from everyone waiting on you to come drop transcript or feedback. Secondly, write down your responses and send to me. I can help you review those response and revert. Lastly, don't pressure yourself. Eat, sleep, watch movies, have some beer, hangout with friends, have se.x and other social vices that interest you. This is just to ease the pressure and the whole trauma that comes with rejection.

Boss this your advice strong oo.. my pastor walspring dey watch oo cheesy grin
As for the keeping of date I will do just that

Thanks boss
@ the bolded, they are like poison to me grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
electricpole:
ma'am or sir, Nigeria is not a hell hole.... Its so bad and disappointing this is written by you... You once swam here and some of your family members are still swimming here if its a hell hole for you

If it's not a hell hole. . Young man don't apply to come study abroad. Stay there and study. As far as I'm concern, that country is shit and my families are there. I pray everyday for them. And I pray God will intervene. So accept my condolences about my country. I'm disappointed to have originated from there and yet I'm proud of that shitty country. I've never denied it. No matter the word we use to qualify it. Most of us are still proudly Nigerians.God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
sobastical:

Boss this your advice strong oo.. my pastor walspring dey watch oo cheesy grin
As for the keeping of date I will do just that

Thanks boss
@ the bolded, they are like poison to me grin grin cheesy cheesy
That same poison birthed you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
Chapecoense:
Just realised that some of my docs were sent to my school in TIF format instead of JPG or PDF. Although my school never specified which format to use, hope it wont be a problem? Who don send with tif before and accepted?

ReSend as pdf
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chapecoense(m): 11:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
Please who knows about houston community college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
DeeTus:
"Good am" was okay if he actually meant "good morning." He also tried to use slangs. Maybe because he's your relative. Had it been he's a foreigner, probably an American, you would have replied.

Some folks here are still suffering from "inferiority complex". grin

Please let the chick be. She has taken corrections already. Some of you who criticized her would also be the ones chasing her when she comes to the States. You guys chase these small small girls.

You get the scope...you hit the nail.. Na why some guys no really get involve..haha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
slimmy2005:
That same poison birthed you

Hehehe.. That was legally baba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chapecoense(m): 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
texrem:

ReSend as pdf
Thanks, thats what am planning to do..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Ardedaryor:

This is so much on point....intelligent and we'll constructed post like yours have made me an addict to this thread...@sexyZee see bolded, the god has spoken.
Thank you, stay addicted and your dream will come to pass. some of us were addicted at some point too, our day is not complete without reading this thread then and even now after exams.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
texrem:

If it's not a hell hole. . Young man don't apply to come study abroad. Stay there and study. As far as I'm concern, that country is shit and my families are there. I pray everyday for them. And I pray God will intervene. So accept my condolences about my country. I'm disappointed to have originated from there and yet I'm proud of that shitty country. I've never denied it. No matter whichever word we use to qualify it. Mist of us are still proudly Nigerians.God bless Nigeria.
They don't know how much we are pained when you land Morocco and can't seize to admire the wonderful edifice. Even Addis Ababa Bole International airport is dope. Despite the oil boom, we are still suffering. We have enslaved ourselves. We now wait for our governors to come give us food on Christmas day and you say that place is not a hell hole. It has held most of our bright youth captive and relegated them to MMM and Nairabet.

A friend who would fly down to NY tomorrow, ABU 2.1 graduate of Sociology almost got rotten due the poor state of the country. I am sure he would not regret selling all his property to squat with his girlfriend in order to achieve this feat.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 28, 2016
sobastical:

Abeggi. Which one be illegal? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 12:08am On Dec 28, 2016
Case closed boss Lol

I sent you a PM
slimmy2005:
Abeggi. Which one be illegal? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 28, 2016
sobastical:
Case closed boss Lol

I sent you a PM
Ok.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 12:22am On Dec 28, 2016
shawnbathy:
Apart from wakanow which other site can one book flight?

Cheapflightsnow.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 12:55am On Dec 28, 2016
sobastical:

Sure sir
Here we go

Vo why Wartburg
Vo what's ielts
Me. Told him

Your response to why the school is a generic one. Also My advise is that you should always have at least 2 to 3 reasons why you picked a school and try to come up with 2 to 3 good reasons why you want to study a course. these are the key questions in Visa interview. By the way, is Wartburg a german school ? LOL just kidding though. try to refire and before you go, meet with people who can vet your transcript and get some advise from them. Just my 1 cent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 12:57am On Dec 28, 2016
sobastical:

Is slimmy 2005 a lady or guy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 1:03am On Dec 28, 2016
Thanks boss
Noted!
akins2016:

Your response to why the school is a generic one. Also My advise is that you should always have at least 2 to 3 reasons why you picked a school and try to come up with 2 to 3 good reasons why you want to study a course. these are the key questions in Visa interview. By the way, is Wartburg a german school ? LOL just kidding though. try to refire and before you go, meet with people who can vet your transcript and get some advise from them. Just my 1 cent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by signature2012(m): 1:03am On Dec 28, 2016
akins2016:

Is slimmy 2005 a lady or guy?

Na one fine babe o grin grin grin.
She carry back,carry front.

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.