Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673694 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 9:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
tmabs:
Hello House.
You guys are amazing.
Please does anyone know universities in america that would accept 2.4 cgpa for graduate degree admission for a student from a Nigerian university and not also require Test of english results , GMAT, GRE or require translation of university transcripts by WES.
Thanks so much.
ha.. it is really low o.. check university of Southern Arkansas tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 9:36pm On Jan 13, 2017
seeker88:

Thank u so much for taking out time to make such detailed response...... I really appreciate ur concerns.

Honestly, if I don't get any form of funding, I would definitely not be able to enroll considering my current financial status....however, a reasonable percentage of that cost would make d cost more affordable even if full funding isn't offered.

Thanks a lot for this option....sounds so good.
Yes, I'm genuinely passionate about getting into d school and eventually working with d Dr..... I just hope he sees d passion too. Recently, I sent him a copy of my SOP which I wasn't able to submit with my application because there was no provision to attach it in the application portal, n he promptly acknowledged recepit of it. So I will explain my situation to him with the necessary attachment as suggested.

Thanks again boss...

Sounds like a great plan! Good luck! If paying the tuition and associated costs will even remotely make you uncomfortable, abeg, find all means to get funding. I was thinking you got like $50k stashed up in some Swiss/Bahamas account haha. But for real, getting funding will make a whole lot of other things easier.

Wait, you didn't submit your SoP with your official app? I used to think it's ONE of the most important parts of the app though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2017
sirRiddy:
seeker88
Except there is like 99 per cent guarantee of some
funding in that school, it is not worth especially
in this Buhari economy. Even though every school
have their policies, some can just unnecessarily
rigid.

The sad thing is that you said you have paid their
application fee which I assume will be at least 50 dollars.

Happyday has a very strong point. You should appeal to them
in a witty them and attach the docs like he said. Let them know
once you are sure you are attending the school, you will be willing
to provide the original copies of every document. SDSU is a very
good school and worth the shot.

Thanks a lot baba....
As in eh....it's crazy! @ bolded. I even had to call the graduate admission office, but the lady I spoke with insisted that that's their procedure. undecided

Yea, that's d worst part....I've paid the $55 app fee, if not, I for don delete them from d list. Lol

Thanks a lot bro, I will act as suggested....I appreciate ur valuable input.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2017
Scholastica16:
@Seeker88

Write an email and blind copy the Grad coordinator, the International students graduate admissions office while the main copy goes to the email of the college of engineering that has been corresponding with you.

State unequivocally that it costs you at least $200 to send your transcript to each school that you are considering and [s]that it makes no financial sense to do so considering you are uncertain about getting admitted[/s] (they need to see the cost implication of their proposition in a currency they understand ).

Let them understand that you would be more than willing to pay that amount if admitted as you know it is important to enrolling in the school when the time comes and that instead you are proposing to send them a notarized copy of the certificate (or statement of result) and the transcript. Most schools accept notarized copies for review (afterall it certifies that an original exists).

I did this to one of the schools I was applying to and they accepted it. At the end of the day, you can use express mail services like DHL etc to send it or NIPOST.

I wouldn't suggest you add this. It doesn't show enthusiasm on your part about their program. Sometimes, less is better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Saintpee1: 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hello fam,Am so sorry my success story is coming late have been so busy trying to see how i could arrange myself and meet up the time on my i20.
i got my visa on the 4th of January 2017 at the Abuja embassy 8am,was so favored by the vo and i was only i asked 3 questions below is the conversation between me and the vo

me:good morning and happy new year ma
vo:good morning ,could you please pass me your i20 and passport
me:passed her my my i20 and passport with a smile on my face
vo:How did you get to know about the school
me:i knew about the school through a friend who did his masters there and his back to Nigeria
vo:who is your sponsor and where does he work
me:my dad is sponsoring me and his working with the Nigeria national petroleum company warri

that was her she told me to come for my passport in two days time i greeted her with smile on my face i left

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
Scholastica16:
@Seeker88

Write an email and blind copy the Grad coordinator, the International students graduate admissions office while the main copy goes to the email of the college of engineering that has been corresponding with you.

State unequivocally that it costs you at least $200 to send your transcript to each school that you are considering and that it makes no financial sense to do so considering you are uncertain about getting admitted (they need to see the cost implication of their proposition in a currency they understand ).

Let them understand that you would be more than willing to pay that amount if admitted as you know it is important to enrolling in the school when the time comes and that instead you are proposing to send them a notarized copy of the certificate (or statement of result) and the transcript. Most schools accept notarized copies for review (afterall it certifies that an original exists).

I did this to one of the schools I was applying to and they accepted it. At the end of the day, you can use express mail services like DHL etc to send it or NIPOST.

Thanks boss!
Actually, my correspondence is not the college of engineering. My correspondence is a Dr in d deptarment who I initially contacted because his research area suits mine, n who also happen to be d Graduate Coordinator of the program. So how do u think I should go about d emailing? And hope blind copying such people in d email won't be a red flag, and be perceived as betrayal if any of the parties blind copied eventually finds out?

I love that bolded part. Since it worked out well for you, I believe it's a feasible option n will work out for me too... smiley

Thanks again for these suggestions...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
OluDare01:
I don't think it's about the cost. It takes time to process transcript in most Nigerians universities. The first time I requested for my transcript, it took my school 3 months to process it. But it was easier upon subsequent requests.
Yea, it takes so much time irrespective of the very high cost: high cost n timing are the main factors
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
happyday:

Sounds like a great plan! Good luck! If paying the tuition and associated costs will even remotely make you uncomfortable, abeg, find all means to get funding. I was thinking you got like $50k stashed up in some Swiss/Bahamas account haha. But for real, getting funding will make a whole lot of other things easier.

Wait, you didn't submit your SoP with your official app? I used to think it's ONE of the most important parts of the app though.

shocked grin grin.....@ bolded.

Yea, the official application portal made provision for typing in few words as SOP, but also had d option of sending d SOP to d graduate coordinator. So I chose d second option. I think it's d highly ranked schools that consider SOP tobbe d most important part of d app. Even LOR is optional in this school, n there's no means to even send LOR to d school. Maybe they could request for that if they deem it necessary for an applicant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lincoln123: 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
femi321:
I dont think anyone is ignoring you, you said you needed powerful draft for applying for funding and now you are talking about SOP. if you had said Sop some people would have responded. I dont know what they call power draft that was why I just scrolled. Anything I have no idea about I dont bother mysef responding,i cant argue . Guess that was why others didnt respond. Now what do you need? SoP or powerful draft for funding? if its SOP I can help but if its the later,i dont know what that is

Oga Femi221, please I will like to get the SOP too or from any Nairaland that want to be part of my success story. My email: lekky4u2004@Yahoo.com.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anikemoses(m): 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hey, I understand your point,likewise a few others here i suppose, but there are just some risks that are not worth it, for me as a person, i prefer the blunt truth than for anyone to "romance" truth to me. You should know that some of us that has been here for a while are actually irked when we see our fellow country men going through hardships that could have been avoided if only they heed to advice. No one is against anyone coming down here as majority of people in Nigeria always think, but it is out of love that people do give first hand infos and advises of what is obtained here when one doesn't have funding or tuition fees for at least a year. I wouldn't go into personal details of how i was able to scale through until my final semester here without funding.It's really a tough experience to wish on anyone,That's the major reason none of you should view a blunt advise as been wicked or whichever name y'all terms it. In my short stay here i have been privilege to meet a couple of students from Nigeria that are going through hardship as a result of the "blind zeal" of getting a visa and coming down to US without proper planning.

I can go ahead and list some few scenarios that played out here, just last week an Indian student was trailed by the authorities to an outside campus job she was doing, they stormed her work place on plane clothes an after a couple of interrogation, she also implicated 2 other Indian students that are working there with her as well,they were all moved to their school ISO and instructed to terminate their service record and take whichever important belonging they have and there goes the free ticket to Bombay. I can go on and on to site some other experiences here with International students just to buttress my point. In order words. It is not worth the stress if you don't have fundings or tuition. My heart still bleeds for a classmate of mine, whom had no tuition and works all his days just to afford tuition and this last semester, he got the shock of his life, 3Cs, which is an automatic withdrawal from graduate school,he just kept weeping and they wouldn't even allow him transfer his credit to another school to start afresh. So y'all should know that this is America where there isn't short cuts to things, you can't serve 2 masters at a time.

My pathing shot will be for anyone coming here to plan very well before coming , else you will be frustrated and homeless moving from pillar to post with no help in sight, if your dream is to marry a per hour paid "akata" just for the sake of papers and you had no other choice, then just know you chose to settle for less, you are worth more than that and be ready for more frustration when you guys starts living together, a night with her will be like a night in hell.. I usually do not like to comment here for reasons best known to me but if y'all see anyone here still taking time out to give an honest advise, please appreciate he/she without resorting to name calling.Remember that no matter how smart you think you can beat this system, with the slightest of hard luck if you are caught, that will be the end of you and your generation ever making it here except the Law changes. A word they say is enough for the wise....Note that I'm in no way taking sides or discouraging anyone to come here,one of the few things I've learnt with people here over the years is that for every honest advise one dishes out, there is always one cousin or childhood friend giving them a counter fictitious advise to discard, but when you get here you will get to understand the true meaning of all man for himself, God for all..Good luck to y'all in your pursuit of your dreams.. Peace out.

teepee4Him:
LET'S KINDLY CONSIDER ALOT OF FACTORS BEFORE 'NAME-CALLING' OR CONCLUDING ON A PERSON.

Looking at the trend at which some of us conclude and name-call others in the last couple of days, I am of the opinion that we try to consider alot of factors and try to put ourselves in other people's shoes (though that might be difficult) before we advise, conclude or call someone 'lazy' or 'hypocritical'. Some times, the best of plans often go awry, the most diligent of men often makes mistakes, the most patient of men encounters situations that can cause him to get annoyed. We should also try to understand that we are of different financial status, intellectual ability, diverse temperament etc. Sometimes you might need to be more explicit to someone than another person not because he is a total novice but his/her situation can differ.. Yes no one is enforced to help or advise people but I'm of the opinion that keeping quiet or explaining the consequences of an action would be better than name-calling; which in itself does little or nothing in convincing or helping someone to think better. In a dire situation, even a saint can seldom think awkward just to consider his/her options in ensuring he/she gets out of the situation.

Let me paint few scenarios, someone might actually be browsing with a phone and not a system (just like me) and not know that there is a search button up because the fonts are too small. likewise, exchange rates can sky rocket etc. Planned trips can sometimes be incorrect. (For instance, a friends place I intended to stay which was 25mins to school is now as long as 40mins during peak periods). Things happen.

My salient point: It can be difficult for someone who has spent 20-25 of his early years growing up in a place to adjust to a new system. Any form of aid or advice to help such ones THAT ARE READY, WILLING AND DISCIPLINED enough to be helped Will be helpful...

Having said that I'm enjoying the thread though. Its been my solace in the last days.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bublin(m): 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
ridsan4real:

bro, I'm also in ur shoe...but I'm planning for Phd...
nice.you can Pm me,which sch are you looking forward to..i just discovered West texas uni n Texas A n M uni. Too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2017
What I find amazing is some a**holes sounding like
this is a premium paid service where they pay per month
to have their queries answered.
Some can be very ill-mannered and entitled and the best is
to ignore them. You can smell desperation and laziness from
several miles. It is very tough here with little reward for a lot
of work. If you have MMM kind of mentality, e no go tey wey you
go frustrate and join the 'America is hard and overrated' gang.

How can someone be discussing breaking the law so blatantly and
be defending that stance? Crazy guys everywhere.
Wish 2017 peeps the best as offers come in and travel plans are
arranged too.

anikemoses:
Hey, I understand your point,likewise a few others here i suppose, but there are just some risks that are not worth it, for me as a person, i prefer the blunt truth than for anyone to "romance" truth to me. You should know that some of us that has been here for a while are actually irked when we see our fellow country men going through hardships that could have been avoided if only they heed to advice. No one is against anyone coming down here as majority of people in Nigeria always think, but it is out of love that people do give first hand infos and advises of what is obtained here when one doesn't have funding or tuition fees for at least a year. I wouldn't go into personal details of how i was able to scale through until my final semester here without funding.It's really a tough experience to wish on anyone,That's the major reason none of you should view a blunt advise as been wicked or whichever name y'all terms it. In my short stay here i have been privilege to meet a couple of students from Nigeria that are going through hardship as a result of the "blind zeal" of getting a visa and coming down to US without proper planning.

I can go ahead and list some few scenarios that played out here, just last week an Indian student was trailed by the authorities to an outside campus job she was doing, they stormed her work place on plane clothes an after a couple of interrogation, she also implicated 2 other Indian students that are working there with her as well,they were all moved to their school ISO and instructed to terminate their service record and take whichever important belonging they have and there goes the free ticket to Bombay. I can go on and on to site some other experiences here with International students just to buttress my point. In order words. It is not worth the stress if you don't have fundings or tuition. My heart still bleeds for a classmate of mine, whom had no tuition and works all his days just to afford tuition and this last semester, he got the shock of his life, 3Cs, which is an automatic withdrawal from graduate school,he just kept weeping and they wouldn't even allow him transfer his credit to another school to start afresh. So y'all should know that this is America where there isn't short cuts to things, you can't serve 2 masters at a time.

My pathing shot will be for anyone coming here to plan very well before coming , else you will be frustrated and homeless moving from pillar to post with no help in sight, if your dream is to marry a per hour paid "akata" just for the sake of papers and you had no other choice, then just know you chose to settle for less, you are worth more than that and be ready for more frustration when you guys starts living together, a night with her will be like a night in hell.. I usually do not like to comment here for reasons best known to me but if y'all see anyone here still taking time out to give an honest advise, please appreciate he/she without resorting to name calling.Remember that no matter how smart you think you can beat this system, with the slightest of hard luck if you are caught, that will be the end of you and your generation ever making it here except the Law changes. A word they say is enough for the wise....Note that I'm in no way taking sides or discouraging anyone to come here,one of the few things I've learnt with people here over the years is that for every honest advise one dishes out, there is always one cousin or childhood friend giving them a counter fictitious advise to discard, but when you get here you will get to understand the true meaning of all man for himself, God for all..Good luck to y'all in your pursuit of your dreams.. Peace out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Shubbys: 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hello am new here.i want to study computer science in any university in texas...pls can i know the cost and how i can process my visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Scholastica16: 10:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
seeker88:

Thanks boss!
Actually, my correspondence is not the college of engineering. My correspondence is a Dr in d deptarment who I initially contacted because his research area suits mine, n who also happen to be d Graduate Coordinator of the program. So how do u think I should go about d emailing? And hope blind copying such people in d email won't be a red flag, and be perceived as betrayal if any of the parties blind copied eventually finds out?

I love that bolded part. Since it worked out well for you, I believe it's a feasible option n will work out for me too... smiley

Thanks again for these suggestions...

It won't raise any red flags but since the Grad Coordinator doubles as the Professor you are in talks with then the email can go directly to him only. HappyDay makes a good point about enthusiasm but the point is he has to understand why sending the official transcript that way makes zero financial sense. OluDare01 made another salient point about time constraints in sending the documents. You can use that as a second reason why the Notarized copy is a better idea. I am almost 90% sure they would honor your idea as I got it from friend who consulted a grad coordinator of a private school in Florida.

As for funding opportunities in the school- If I am to call a spade a spade (and not a big spoon) I do not think the school in question will provide you the funding you seek. Their indifference to LORs, SOPs for instance gives off that vibe. I hope I am wrong though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
sirRiddy word!!! but popular opinion they say. person give me 100 dollars gift card, I called to thank him a million times, in the space of a cocoon, NOTHING IS GIVEN IN AMERICA. even if you are related to BENARD OMALU grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
Scholastica16:

It won't raise any red flags but since the Grad Coordinator doubles as the Professor you are in talks with then the email can go directly to him only. HappyDay makes a good point about enthusiasm but the point is he has to understand why sending the official transcript that way makes zero financial sense. OluDare01 made another salient point about time constraints in sending the documents. You can use that as a second reason why the Notarized copy is a better idea. I am almost 90% sure they would honor your idea as I got it from friend who consulted a grad coordinator of a private school in Florida.

As for funding opportunities in the school- If I am to call a spade a spade (and not a big spoon) I do not think the school in question will provide you the funding you seek. Their indifference to LORs, SOPs for instance gives off that vibe. I hope I am wrong though.
Yup, you're right. I was suggesting he should cite something like a factor reasonably out of his control, like time. That sounds plausible.

At the bolded, this will most certainly be the case. Before these guys would part with their money for the next 2 years, more so for an Int'l student, they would wanna justify it. It's pretty good that he's got a Prof inside though, you can stylishly ask if you can work in his research lab, in exchange for an RA or TA. Other than that, the department isn't making the process competitive enough, so they can make the most money from students viz-a-viz tuition and fees.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 11:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
amanze15:
sirRiddy word!!! but popular opinion they say. person give me 100 dollars gift card, I called to thank him a million times, in the space of a cocoon, NOTHING IS GIVEN IN AMERICA. even if you are related to BENARD OMALU grin
Same way I told someone the truth and he said I'm too blunt. The thing is people dont wanna hear the truth, they prefer agents that would feed them with lies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
LOL
I would not advise anyone against using agent cos you can
have someone to bi.tch at any time your mumu
query is not replied after a minute. Pay 200k and get
recommendations to apply to school one thief has on
a txt file on his laptop.
People with Warren Buffett kinda dream and Trump
kind of mouth cannot even do simple query search...LOL
This thread is the best that can happen to us in Naija. If all
you can contribute is mum query and nonsense attitude, you
can as well go to hell.
amanze15:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 11:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
sirRiddy:
LOL
I would not advise anyone using agent cos you can
can as well go to hell.
Oh man! sirRiddy is smoking so hot today! Quite the unusual you. No let anybody vex you o . . .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 11:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
OluDare01:

Same way I told someone the truth and he said I'm too blunt. The thing is people don't wanna hear the truth, they prefer agents that would feed them with lies
truth be told man, even some ungrateful ones who think their folks here are rich (even if they are), they would have to be super excited about your future to invest in it. just go through that pain to get that degree no matter where even if it is in Anchorage, and make God help you get that PKALI, work dey this country for SKILLED PROFESSIONALS, NO GOOD THING COME EASY.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
LOL...Am I lying ni?
happyday:

Oh man! sirRiddy is smoking so hot today! Quite the unusual you. No let anybody vex you o . . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 11:23pm On Jan 13, 2017
amanze15:
truth be told man, even some ungrateful ones who think their folks here are rich (even if they are), they would have to be super excited about your future to invest in it. just go through that pain to get that degree no matter where even if it is in Anchorage, and make God help you get that PKALI, work dey this country for SKILLED PROFESSIONALS, NO GOOD THING COME EASY.
I dey tell you baba.
That Alaska part got me laughing grin.
Cold go kill person o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 11:23pm On Jan 13, 2017
sirRiddy:
LOL...Am I lying ni?
No be lie joor, boss mi. Your head is overly valid.But all of us want to breaaaathe in that American Oxygen now. Na why.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 11:25pm On Jan 13, 2017
hope sey na compound comparison you dey do make e no be sey the "you" na me grin grin grin. its funny but i have got to meet some guys who don't know about this thread or they left this thread at some point at the sojourn of their American Dream who are doing EXCELLENT cheesy. just pick what you need on here and move on. it's a faceless medium Brother ,
sirRiddy:
LOL
I would not advise anyone using agent cos you can
can as well go to hell.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
grin grin grin
na you tongue tongue
amanze15:
hope sey na compound comparison you dey do make e no be sey the "you" na me grin grin grin. its funny but i have got to meet some guys who don't know about this thread or they left this thread at some point at the sojourn of their American Dream who are doing EXCELLENT cheesy. just pick what you need on here and move on. it's a faceless medium Brother ,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 11:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ori ti daru grin grin grin one love just blunt facts, if i dey carry children go CHUKEE cheese and follow them do PLAY-doh, to get benji grin no be sey i no sabi where i dey go grin grin grin
sirRiddy:
grin grin grin
na you tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 12:28am On Jan 14, 2017
@scholastica16 and happyday....

Thanks for d additional points mentioned above, I will incorporate them in my email to d graduate coordinator and keep u guys apprised of d outcome.
I really appreciate all d inputs......thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tmabs: 1:52am On Jan 14, 2017
femi321:
Lmao..1) Do you really want to study or you want an escape route from Nigeria? 2) If you want to study, you wont just want anyhow school, Yes there are schools that will accept you without any exam but such schools wont do you any good when you graduate. Even people that attended ranked schools still sweat before they get a job. You might want to sit down and really think about this. If you ask me,with your low cgpa you should be eager to do any available exams to improve your profile. If you are adamant, you can check www.msinus.com. you will see low cgpa schools. Take it or leave it, you need to do standard tests or else the system will take from you and wont give you anything in return. People that get paid stipend every month dont have 2 heads even if you have the money to finance your education..there is no crime in saving for raining days. so my brother/sister go and prepare for standardized test. TOEFL is even a piece of cake
Thanks for the response. Appreciate even if the question
Might appear a bit skewed. Funny how others run to make judgements. Well i dont want an easy route to escape out of nigeria. If i do i could good go to the U.S now. But thats not the issue. I appreciate your efforts have done ielts previously though now expired. I would do that again based on your advice.i understand the good school bit which makes a lot of sense. So giving my scenario assuming i do the ielts what do you suggest. Prepared to go the whole. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 14, 2017
tmabs:

Thanks for the response. Appreciate even if the question
Might appear a bit skewed. Funny how others run to make judgements. Well i dont want an easy route to escape out of nigeria. If i do i could good go to the U.S now. But thats not the issue. I appreciate your efforts have done ielts previously though now expired. I would do that again based on your advice.i understand the good school bit which makes a lot of sense. So giving my scenario assuming i do the ielts what do you suggest. Prepared to go the whole. Thanks.
Oga relax. He dropped the hard truth. He obviously doesn't want to waste his time dropping precious hints for people who are not ready for school that's why he asked the simple question. Secondly, swallow that sentence about if you want to be in US right now, you'll be. Don't come and give us that attitude abeg

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 14, 2017
OluDare01:

I dey tell you baba.
That Alaska part got me laughing grin.
Cold go kill person o
They don't listen, you tell them, they say you hate them. The annoying part is saying God will provide. Nigga, it's freezing here and no one will help yo'ass. You better bring your money.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 14, 2017
amanze15:
Which rich? They are so carried away by the pictures and the bright views. I literally went off social media and changed my number cos I was getting too many overwhelming messages even from people I don't know, asking me about how they can come here or telling me to send money.

I still use my naira master card here. Atleast I stopped after the exchange rate went crazy. Well, that helped my spending. I don't know my issues with clothes and shoes. I buy now, I hate in two weeks.

How the hell will you come to America with $300. There is no Aluta in US. You don't pay fees, you get purged out straight.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.