Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (674487 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by youngestland: 9:35am On Jan 13, 2017
good day everyone

i have just started a masters program in usa and i want to withdraw the admission and go back to nigeria

Please i want to know what i should do and most importantly if i will be able to enter the states again because of this

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mudi1012: 10:16am On Jan 13, 2017
Congratulations bro ..So happy for you .
cecemat:
Now this is what I just came here to say this afternoon.... grin
In this order, I say I'm truly very grateful...

<<<<<GOD>>>>>
<<<<<God's Own Scholars17>>>>>>
<<<<<Akin2016>>>>>
<<<<<Texrem>>>>>>
<<<<<Walspring>>>>>>
<<<<<Entire Scholars on this thread>>>>>>
Missed my appointment on the 4th of January because of the delay in the flight delivering my I-20 BUT GOD showed me HIS awesomeness after paying another Visa fee for an emergency appointment on Tuesday, I got today for an expedient appointment.
//////////VISA GOT APPROVED IN ABUJA CONSULATE AT 12PM TODAY////////////////////

.....................................................Transcript loading ...................................80%
Meanwhile, I'm leaving on Monday, I would be grateful if I can get the best deal Biko. Thanks as you help already grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry357: 10:28am On Jan 13, 2017
youngestland:
good day everyone
i have just started a masters program in usa and i want to withdraw the admission and go back to nigeria
Please i want to know what i should do and most importantly if i will be able to enter the states again because of this

Thanks

Probably the most important thing is to ask / talk to your school
to get FACTS.
rather than ask strangers on here!

To re-enter you will have to apply for another visa of whichever type is appropriate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 10:48am On Jan 13, 2017
godG, please check your mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 13, 2017
youngestland:
good day everyone

Thanks
Forgive my curiosity bro.Why do you want to withdraw the admission? Share your experience.
But if you think I'm asking a personal question, feel free to disregard it. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Saintpee1: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2017
Hi everyone in this group ,have been a secret observer here for a long period of time just want to say a big thank you to everyone here in this group.i have gotten my visa and i will be in U S A by Tuesday. is there anyone in new mexico las vegas would really love to have your contact so we can get to talk.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 11:24am On Jan 13, 2017
Na wa o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Drocks: 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
cecemat:
//Visa Transcript on the 12th January @ Abuja Consulate///
Hello Fam, this is a lengthy story but my experience.
congratulations....when you came here some people say make you calm down say your blood dey hot. The hot blood don collect visa o. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Drocks: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
Saintpee1:
Hi everyone in this group ,have been a secret observer here for a long period of time just want to say a big thank you to everyone here in this group.i have gotten my visa and i will be in U S A by Tuesday. is there anyone in new mexico las vegas would really love to have your contact so we can get to talk.
Nawa for you o....so,you have followed this thread silently,a lot you gained here aided your visa approval but you have refused to drop your interview transcript to help others....and you come here to ask who's in new mexico...nah that's not the way to its done here.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Aikay008: 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
visa approved on 29th December 2016 . No documents requested. well, I have been a silent follower of this thread and I acknowledge the voluntary works you guys have been doing here. it's so great !.
I was at the embassy in Lagos state for 10:45am entries. After the due checking processes, I was at the line and fast forward to the couple who were just denied before my own interview that went
thus:

me : good morning sir

vo: good morning , how are you doing ?

me : I am fine thank you

vo: you're going to...?

me : ( said the name of my school and the location in USA)

vo: (,started typing...) what course ?

me: ( I told him)

vo: why did you choose united states out of other countries?

me: yes. I chose the US because it is a very nice place and
anyone who wishes to achieve the best of his goal wwould like to go to the US.

vo: how did you know about this school?

me: the school was recommended to me by my senior in secondary school who majored in the same course in same school . he has graduated and his back with a lucrative job here in Lagos.

vo: (kept typing...)
who is sponsoring you?

me: my father is sponsoring me

vo: what does your father do for a living?

me: my father is a businessman. he is into importation of ceramic tiles.

vo: why do you want to study in this particular school?

me: I want to study in ***** university because it suites my taste in higher institution , the school is reputable in academics especially with regards to the course I'm going there to do. . I also like the rural setting, that will keep me away from noise associated with a big city and the calmness will be good for studying.

vo: ( types for about 2mins)

me: ( I was so confident and was ready for his next question but at this point , I was bidding the blood of jesus because the blue paper was nearer to his mouse and he uses the mouse momentarily while typing on his keyboard. )

vo: do you have any relatives in the united States ?

me: No. but I have gone to the extent of making friends in the school so I feel welcomed even before I arrive ( I said this with a warm smile and did not remember if he even smiled back)

vo: ( gives me back my i20 and threw my passport at one corner ) I will be approving your visa but you have to collect it in the next three business days at the location you filled in your D's 160 form. ( he handed me a white paper and I joyfully said thanks to him)

I'm so happy that I will be coming to the US soonest. God bless all of you nairalanders. although I did not get any reply from the msgs I sent to some of the gurus here but for all your wonderful contributions here , I say thank you very much !

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by shayhune: 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
Walspring:

If nah joke abeg stop am because some people here go take am as real talk
Also edit your post and make you no go blacklist people here
God don bless me to dey do that shit..
Lastly i go do MMM for life rather doing that shit
Boss Walspring, MMM don show oo. Oya make we dey GH dey go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
Aikay008:
visa approved on 29th December 2016 . No documents requested. well, I have been a silent follower of this thread and I acknowledge the voluntary works you guys have been doing here. it's so great !.
I was at the embassy in Lagos state for 10:45am entries. After the due checking processes, I was at the line and fast forward to the couple who were just denied before my own interview that went
thus:

Congrats Man!!
You Sabi Something.Smooth Transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by shayhune: 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
Aikay008:
visa approved on 29th December 2016 . at the location you

congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
Na waooo. If you have observing this thread you should know the proper thing to do is to share your transcript.
Sade trip.

Saintpee1:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by shayhune: 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
Saintpee1:

don't be selfish. post your transcript so others can learn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by shayhune: 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
cecemat:
Now this is what I just came here to say this afternoon.... grin
In this order, I say I'm truly very grateful...

<<<<<GOD>>>>>
<<<<<God's Own Scholars17>>>>>>
<<<<<Akin2016>>>>>
<<<<<Texrem>>>>>>
<<<<<Walspring>>>>>>
<<<<<Entire Scholars on this thread>>>>>>
Missed my appointment on the 4th of January because of the delay in the flight delivering my I-20 BUT GOD showed me HIS awesomeness after paying another Visa fee for an emergency appointment on Tuesday, I got today for an expedient appointment.
//////////VISA GOT APPROVED IN ABUJA CONSULATE AT 12PM TODAY////////////////////

.....................................................Transcript loading ...................................80%
Meanwhile, I'm leaving on Monday, I would be grateful if I can get the best deal Biko. Thanks as you help already grin

congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TWoods(m): 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2017
Enjay11:
Dude calm down! I never said I wanted to be illegal, I'm making enquiries and maybe you have someone back home sending you money but I don't so if I get a job under the table to support my education then hell yes I'll take the job.....in case you don't know it's California and the cities thrives on such jobs...

That's fraud period. A job "under the table" means you're not paying taxes on what you earn, which is technically illegal. I find it amusing that you're being indignant about committing what essentially amounts to a crime. Secondly, did you tell the VO during your visa interview that you would need to work a job under the table to support your education? Isn't that lying to obtain an immigration benefit - another violation that would normally get your visa voided? You obviously submitted a financial statement claiming you had enough money to support yourself as a student - so basically that was a lie. As a student, you are not allowed to work at all in your first year...

So basically you're a lying, hypocritical, criminal... and you wonder why Nigerians have an extremely difficult time obtaining visas.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
Aikay008:

Congrats ....God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 2:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
TWoods:

That's fraud period. A job "under the table" means you're not paying taxes on what you earn, which is technically illegal. I find it amusing that you're being indignant about committing what essentially amounts to a crime. Secondly, did you tell the VO during your visa interview that you would need to work a job under the table to support your education? Isn't that lying to obtain an immigration benefit - another violation that would normally get your visa voided? You obviously submitted a financial statement claiming you had enough money to support yourself as a student - so basically that was a lie. As a student, you are not allowed to work at all in your first year...

So basically you're a lying, hypocritical, criminal... and you wonder why Nigerians have an extremely difficult time obtaining visas.

Guy calm down with all this your ranting...Not everyone has money to finance his studies so don't criticize him because you have......He wants to achieve his American dream and you don't expect him to sit and wait for ages for him to have complete money before he goes to school especially when dollar seems to be on the rise everyday.
Lets learn to stop criticizing people who are trying to achieve dreams...Even if he is working illegally, he is going to do some hardwork to earn a living which is a lot better than stealing, 419 and defrauding people...You should only advice him of the implications and stop this public slandering

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TWoods(m): 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
ajomarzy:

Guy calm down with all this your ranting...Not everyone has money to finance his studies so don't criticize him because you have......He wants to achieve his American dream and you don't expect him to sit and wait for ages for him to have complete money before he goes to school especially when dollar seems to be on the rise everyday.
Lets learn to stop criticizing people who are trying to achieve dreams...Even if he is working illegally, he is going to do some hardwork to earn a living which is a lot better than stealing, 419 and defrauding people...You should only advice him of the implications and stop this public slandering

Lol and there you have a clear example of why Nigeria is such a dump. Criminals supporting mediocrity and fraudulent behavior... in the name of god of course. You people disgust me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by camanito(m): 2:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
Please I need advice. I want to apply for undergraduate studies in US this January. And after that, I will apply for student visa. I am 28 years and my international passport will expire Aug 2018. Should I proceed?
Thanks as I await your advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ChristianGrey2: 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
TWoods:

Lol and there you have a clear example of why Nigeria is such a dump. Criminals supporting mediocrity and fraudulent behavior... in the name of god of course. You people disgust me.
T-woods or whatever. I have just gone through your previous posts and I have come to realize that you are mean and vindictive. Your replies are too rude . If you know you can't give a matured advice, please don't bother .
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Enjay11: 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
Don't worry I'll excuse your ignorance. There's really no point arguing.
TWoods:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
TWoods:

i wonder what has 'he working under table job' got to do with your business.. excuse my grammar lol hoe that one take be your business?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TWoods(m): 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
ChristianGrey2:

T-woods or whatever. I have just gone through your previous posts and I have come to realize that you are mean and vindictive. Your replies are too rude . If you know you can't give a matured advice, please don't bother .
Thanks

I presume by "matured advice" you mean doing the typical Nigerian thing - which is to look the other way and condone crime as "hustling"? Sorry. You're only upset because your mentalities are no different.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TWoods(m): 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
Enjay11:
Don't worry I'll excuse your ignorance. There's really no point arguing.

You should understand the meaning of a word before using it. If there would be no point arguing over what is effectively a crime. Good luck. I expect you back here in a few years whining about how nigeria is better.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Aikay008: 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2017
hey , I'm also traveling on Tuesday but I'm flying from Enugu. what about you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by acadollar(m): 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
imperiouxx:

Hi. I got your message and I have replied it now.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
Drocks:
congratulations....when you came here some people say make you calm down say your blood dey hot. The hot blood don collect visa o. grin

Hehehe grin God win brovda

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.