Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,608 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673770 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2016
OJCITY22:

Amen ooo boss. Finally! Finally!!
My school has responded to them, so I guess work should commence over there...

Am happy for you and thank God for the good news
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2016
ddbluv:

Download POPCORN TIME: You can watch all the movies and series there.. 1kobo you wont pay.
Amazon knack me akpako after the 6mths, I chaply called them and they cancelled it, thats if youve not ordered for anything after 6mths
Thanks boss..
Please can you kindly post on here the steps to Getting that economic hardship work authorization
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
Walspring:

Dunno but budget like 7k downward dor Barron official guide for SAT

Someone bought it 4K last year or so..

A pal bought his 12k, they probably gba-ed him. It should not be more than 6k, if not, go to the embassy and purchase there. All SAT books are 6k flat there.

Cc; thacokeboy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by penroll55(m): 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
ddbluv:
Anybody who cannot get on campus Job and don't want to do illegal work should hola me. i.e. If you came January and there are few opportunities in your school during winter OR you came fall and your not sure there will be on campus opportunity / you couldnt get CPT job in your field.
File for Economic hardship and site Nigerian economic and foreign exchange woes to get authorization to work for any company outside campus.
NB: This is very helpful for undergraduate students who have 4yrs of school, master student, its only if you have extra 1year or semester then it may be helpful.
I was the first in my school to file and I got it, I can put you through if you need it. Also, you can use the authorization to work 40hrs sef even if your restricted to 20hrs, employers dont send just make sure you they pay you cash after the 20hrs.
Check you inbox,you got mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
Walspring:

Am happy for you and thank God for the good news
Thanks boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by thacokeboy: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
tomisinobbm:

A pal bought his 12k, they probably gba-ed him. It should not be more than 6k, if not, go to the embassy and purchase there. All SAT books are 6k flat there.

Cc; thacokeboy
. OK boss pls which embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
thacokeboy:
. OK boss pls which embassy

The US embassy in Lagos. Abuja should also be fine.
If you get there, tell them you're going to educationUSA. Hold you're money so you wont stress yourself. They would give you a form which you would take to selected UBA branches, after which you'd return and collect whatever material you paid for.
I repeat, take money so you'd pay and collect the same day to avoid stress. They close at 3.
Lastly if you can afford, buy more than one textbook.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by thacokeboy: 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
tomisinobbm:

The US embassy in Lagos. Abuja should also be fine.
If you get there, tell them you're going to educationUSA. Hold you're money so you wont stress yourself. They would give you a form which you would take to selected UBA branches, after which you'd return and collect whatever material you paid for.
I repeat, take money so you'd pay and collect the same day to avoid stress. They close at 3.
Lastly if you can afford, buy more than one textbook.
Goodluck.
. thank you so much sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Dominicumoh(m): 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
DeeTus:

So, you mean without the US, your future is in jeopardy? Don't talk like that.

Also, I can see that you are somewhat desperate which VOs had noticed.

PM me later. I would like to talk to you if you are sincere.

No No No! thats not true sir. my life will still be better with or without my masters in the US...but there is that awesome feeling that comes when you achieve your desires,..that's just what i'm searching for. Thanks sir, i just sent you an invitation email.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ctemi(f): 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=MrRoYCe post=48852774]

Coobboy goes to Collin College, I'm not sure which campus[/quote

@MrRoYCe, thanks. He has reply me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ctemi(f): 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
Teeboy22:

Hi dear.longest time

How u ?/

Bless

Am gud, U? i belief u re doing fine too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Dominicumoh(m): 10:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
Walspring:

Sorry about your delay and you have work to do and don't give up because if you work on your lapses you will end up getting the visa..

My own opinion

I wish you can defer you admission of possible till fall 2017 (I guess it's hard for you to do) and work on your lapses.

It is obvious that with your delayed transcripts you gave similar and simple answers to why the school, why the course, how do you know about the school, what do you do and how you got your scholarship from the school and other source.

Also all your answers are of the same pattern, the way you talk about how you got your scholarship both from the school and other source it's not well organized or stated at and you need to restructure them all because you are apply for a master degree and the level of your response must be unique in your next interview from all the previous interview..

In additional the way you are trying to give or present all those documents to VO also add to it because when VO didn't ask for documents and you trying to show and use it to prove to them usually tagged applicant in another way of enticing them in order to get the visa or in for of desperation.

wow.....Thanks a bunch bro. i would have loved to wait till fall 2017 but time is of the essence,..besides, its good to get it right now the funds are availble, no one can predict what happens after one year. i'm really determined and optimistic it will work out well thats why i shared it here so gurus can help me package it well this time. i plan to schedule another interview in November,.thats enough time to prepare and get things right. and i believe it will be well...i'll really have to work on my answers...i need your help too in terms of possible ways to deal with the VOS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Dominicumoh(m): 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
imperiouxx:

After many denials, the VOs' eyes would be more on what has changed in your application since your previous interviews. Unfortunately, what has changed is something that can cause you another visa opportunity..... Inconsistencies can kill.

True...I can sense that too....but what can you suggest i change to avoid another mess? I need solutions. i've made so many mistakes and i'm ready to correct them now. Can you help?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Dominicumoh(m): 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2016
adup:

Bro sorry for ur denials , what I noticed from ur transcripts is Dat first impression last longer and dose vos have capitalize on it like ur second transcript Dat vo said VO: Its very unusual for your employers to promise you a job when you’ve not worked with them for a long time and its also unusual for an uncle to pay that much for you…yes I can say d vo was right bcus dose vos are psychologist it's very unusual especially in Nigeria wia everything has turn upside-down and wia corruption is prevailing, Dia are some things u have to be careful with wen changing ur profile like issue of who is sponsoring u, dey knw Dat it's not very easy like Dat within just 60days to have another sponsorer..... Do never tink it's impossible it doesn't matter wia u com from all d Matters is wia u are going to [singing in d voice of lilkeshi] pls work harder on ur who is sponsoring and re fire, I knw and I belief with God on ur inside u are going places

Amen....I believe so too. Thanks for the encouragement sir,..God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
thacokeboy:
. thank you so much sir

Edakun, what is a "sir"?
I'm a young somebody like you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
tomisinobbm:

Cc; thacokeboy

Did your pal buy Barron SAT or SAT official guide for 12k?

because SAT official guide is more expensive compare to Barron SAT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
OJCITY22:

Thanks boss.

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2016
Walspring:

Did your pal buy Barron SAT or SAT official guide for 12k?

because SAT official guide is more expensive compare to Barron SAT.

He bought the collegeboard 12k at ojuelegba. But my junior brother got barrons, mcgraw hills and college board 6k each at the embassy. Basically, all textbooks at the embassy are 6k, even the Kaplan toefl that's I bought 3k at ojuelegba.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by badfeejay: 10:50pm On Aug 27, 2016
Good evening everyone,pls am new in this forum and i would like for you all to assist me in every possible way so that i can catch up with the do's and dont's of the us embassy.I also want to congratulate everyone of u that make time to educate others,it is not as easy as it sounds,but ur reward will be much bigger and satisfying....Godbless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by badfeejay: 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
Friends please are u still der?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KPhantom(m): 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2016
badfeejay:
Friends please are u still der?
omo, u are in the right place..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by badfeejay: 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
thanks bro,nice one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by badfeejay: 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
I have heard and read various stories about the V.O and all,but i would like to know asides checking for confidence and smartness and boldness,what are the likely re occuring questions this V.O's ask students intending to study abroad?what docs are they particular about mostly?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KPhantom(m): 11:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
badfeejay:
I have heard and read various stories about the V.O and all,but i would like to know asides checking for confidence and smartness and boldness,what are the likely re occuring questions this V.O's ask students intending to study abroad?what docs are they particular about mostly?
bros, all the info u need is on this thread.. but since ur question is specific, and it might be difficult going through 400 pages.. here u go

why did u choose to study in the US instead of Nigeria
why this school
how many schools did u apply to.
how many admission did u get
how did you get to know about this school
tell me your study plans
why did you choose this schools over others
why this course
what will this course do for you
what are your plans after graduation
of what benefits of the course to your career
What's your research topic
what is your total credit unit
what courses will you be taking this semester
what is the requirements for graduation
Tell me all I need to know about you
did you write any test.
who is sponsoring you
what does your sponsor do?
etc..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KPhantom(m): 12:03am On Aug 28, 2016
badfeejay:
ur 1-20 and ur passport should suffice, according to the VO's on here, they hardly look at documents, you just have to prove to them that u are a credible and a qualified student...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KPhantom(m): 12:10am On Aug 28, 2016
na fall 2017 sure pass for me!! The wait long sha, but enuff time to write SAT and to gather money for all important payments.. Who else is looking forward to fall 17 for Undergraduate studies? abeg make we dey align..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 12:38am On Aug 28, 2016
If you don't know how to use LinkedIn,please go and learn
I started touching base with a nairalander and many people I met on LinkedIn right from Nigeria.
I got funding with their help,been staying with 2 Nigerians here for 3 weeks (great guys I should say). They are the nicest people alive.
I got a 3 bedroom apartment for $480 (quite cheap) so I'm moving in next week.
I can't imagine the hardship I would have gone through without these guys cos if you don't have cars here,na OYO you dey o cheesy

Please start touching base with people in your school on LinkedIn
God bless all Nigerians in Diaspora grin

From a grateful heart
Halidaf, I sight you grin

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bioduntopo: 1:20am On Aug 28, 2016
Ddbluv, Pls inbox me ur email. We need to talk bro thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bioduntopo: 1:24am On Aug 28, 2016
[quote author=ddbluv post=48822957]Anybody who cannot get on campus Job and don't want to do illegal work should hola me. i.e. If you came January and there are few opportunities in your school during winter OR you came fall and your not sure there will be on campus opportunity / you couldnt get CPT job in your field.
File for Economic hardship and site Nigerian economic and foreign exchange woes to get authorization to work for any company outside campus.
NB: This is very helpful for undergraduate students who have 4yrs of school, master student, its only if you have extra 1year or semester then it may be helpful.
I was the first in my school to file and I got it, I can put you through if you need it. Also, you can use the authorization to work 40hrs sef even if your restricted to 20hrs, employers dont send just make sure you they pay you cash after the 20hrs.[/quo
Ddbluv, please inbox me ur personal email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by halidaf: 1:42am On Aug 28, 2016
Economic hardship Lwkmd.. God please help Nigeria. Where are the newyorkers in the house oo? I have a friend in need of a room or parlor space sef in New York.. Anyone with a useful info should please contact me asap

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:32am On Aug 28, 2016
halidaf:
Economic hardship Lwkmd.. God please help Nigeria. Where are the newyorkers in the house oo? I have a friend in need of a room or parlor space sef in New York.. Anyone with a useful info should please contact me asap
new york na die o
my rent is 160/mo in this village cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adesokunkm(m): 2:46am On Aug 28, 2016
Please i need recent GRE materials for my younger brother planing to write GRE by November this year. Thank you all and God bless you. email: Kolawolemessage@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.