Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672693 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 3:13am On Sep 02, 2016
slimmy2005:
Yeah I know that. Once just have to respect intellectual property sometimes and appreciate efforts to put down to get it out.

Please, I have a friend that is Pace University. She is presently in Connecticut but looking for how to get accommodation in Manhattan. I don't know much about New York. Any suggestion how to get cheap and safe accommodation.

I don't think 'cheap' and 'Manhattan' go together in the same sentence..Staten island and long island would be options or even Jersey city
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 02, 2016
biikeys:

I don't think 'cheap' and 'Manhattan' go together in the same sentence..Staten island and long island would be options or even Jersey city
Yeah I know that. When I mean cheap I mean decent between $1200
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 4:04am On Sep 02, 2016
anyone know about sul Ross university tx , any info will b good. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:22am On Sep 02, 2016
MrMann1:

I got to the school and admission office said I DO NOT have a bachelors degree, no amount of plea that HND is equivalent to Bsc oo, my dept transfer only few courses and insist that I take undergrad courses to complete Bsc.

Hummmm so the school gave you graduate admission and then when you got there downgraded it to undergrad..... if na me i no for gree oooo and would have asked to see the President or Provost of the University or even President Obama to settle the matter
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by daaz001: 4:54am On Sep 02, 2016
dickoflife:

Bro I'm in the states as well.....Kindly inbox me your line. Just need to confirm an information from you.

Thanks Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 6:36am On Sep 02, 2016
Walspring:

Micro and business no the small thing oo..

Are you selling microorganism or blood agar
grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mustghan(m): 6:50am On Sep 02, 2016
imperiouxx:

I have told you this before. This is not Nigeria, everything official here has no shortcuts and follows due process. Have you ever heard of illegal parents (husband and wife) with 5 citizen children before? Only the children can't be removed but the parents under US law are subjected to deportation if caught. Those kind of children are rwhat Donald J. Trump called "anchor babies" in US. In his wildest dreams, he's trying to stop such "anchor babies" stuffs. Babies can only be used as part of evidence of bona fide marriage, it speeds nothing. They still have to strongly prove that they aren't using the babies for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws.

Having babies actually requires planning. We've been married since 2014 and our plan is 2018 because both of us are still studying. So, don't pressurize your sis to start have babies when her legal status is still staggering. Like I told someone up there, to legally stay in US is frustrating after your purpose of coming is about to finish. Everyone passes/will pass through that stage at some point.

I guess den, she knew wat she was doing. She told me yesterday she s applying for her PHd.

From wat I gathered on dis forum, a PhD will only postpone ur departure date BT not change d visa status, m I right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:10am On Sep 02, 2016
Mustghan:

I guess den, she knew wat she was doing. She told me yesterday she s applying for her PHd.

From wat I gathered on dis forum, a PhD will only postpone ur departure date BT not change d visa status, m I right?

Correct ....The problem with the phd is that she would be able to extend her f1 but not be able to change status to PR or any spouse visa so in some years still at this same point .... because of fullbright thing she expected to spend 2 years in naija thats all.

if its me i will not postpone that issue , i would just get rid of it now then start afresh . Do 1 year that is left in naija then come back for phd. That way her phd can be on her husband dependent visa (although i am not sure what exactly that is, if spouse of a citizen better then her 5 or 3 years starts counting to her own citizenship ) instead of been on F1 visa again . ... because if after phd she then gets a good job that willing to file h1b (let assume she wasn't married and need h1b after opt). The company will still not be able to file h1b until she has fulfilled the 2 years giving back . ..... if she knew she would have just waited one more year in naija before going for d masters in d first place and this issue would never have been there . ...i really don't see d big deal in going back to naija for one more year to resolve this issue once and for all if she cannot get a waiver........ Why postpone it

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Helkayklassic(m): 7:18am On Sep 02, 2016
Walspring:

Lool... Naija situation nii.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ngobaby2264: 7:44am On Sep 02, 2016
Walspring:

for the fact that I'm asking for help doesn't mean that I have to be an object of mockery. You should learn how to talk to people you've never met.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iCool(m): 8:11am On Sep 02, 2016
ngobaby2264:
for the fact that I'm asking for help doesn't mean that I have to be an object of mockery. You should learn how to talk to people you've never met.

I guess they were just teasing, no insult intended. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:53am On Sep 02, 2016
ngobaby2264:

Na joke not mockery .... no vex biko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 9:07am On Sep 02, 2016
ngobaby2264:

Baba, this place na like family oo, if you dey vex you just gotta drop the vexation... we learn and smile here cos that's how it is in USA not like naija style wey be say lecturer blood dey hot come join students own wey dey boil...mba oo just smile bike nu

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2016
@Walspring, LOL, that's the kind of response you get when you try to help. I only blame myself.

How are you man? Hope u r cool?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 11:05am On Sep 02, 2016
Walspring:

grin grin grin grin
u don come with cucumber smile abi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2016
Gentle Men/Ladies in the House!!
I hail....Two years in a row no funding OHHH!! (Since team 2015) grin grin
Profile 3.3/4 GRE: (157Q/155V) 312 TOEFL: Not Yet.
Bsc: Elect Elect
Msc: 3.38/4 (just unofficial transcripts)
(a school i applied to sent me the conversion)

So guys how do go about this funding racket. I have spent close to $1000 on this application issue cry cry cry
I am thinking of going MFM/CHOSEN/WINNERS/REDEEM just in case the problem is from my Village angry

But please i know google is my friend an all that but i just need first hand info Abeg.

Team Fall 2017 (God Help Us all)
Somebody @Mekurexx suggested calstate but i just don't know how? which of the calstates sef....
any tips would be appretiated.

I will share my testimony here IJN! wink

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:32am On Sep 02, 2016
electronic:
So guys how do go about this funding racket. I have spent close to $1000 on this application issue cry cry cry
I am thinking of going MFM/CHOSEN/WINNERS/REDEEM just in case the problem is from my Village angry
But please i know google is my friend an all that but i just need first hand info Abeg.
Somebody @Mekurexx suggested calstate but i just don't know how? which of the calstates sef....

2 years no easy ooo. The lord is your strength . Have you tried schools down south such as Tennessee , New Mexico and other schools in the South . ........ I guess this is for PHD right since you have a masters ? , Your profile is good enough for GA

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
LagosismyHome:

2 years no easy ooo. The lord is your strength . Have you tried schools down south such as Tennessee , New Mexico and other schools in the South . ........ I guess this is for PHD right since you have a masters ? , Your profile is good enough for GA

infact ehnnn. i cant shout

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
electronic:

Baba, why not write TOEFL? I think it would increase your chances of securing a GA/TA position. But wetin I know.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
electronic:

You need safe schools as well. I can drop some. Just inbox me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrMann1(m): 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Hummmm so the school gave you graduate admission and then when you got there downgraded it to undergrad..... if na me i no for gree oooo and would have asked to see the President or Provost of the University or even President Obama to settle the matter
Nope. They gave me a post bac. Clearly on my i20. But I never knew that it will require me to take such amount of courses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrMann1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
slimmy2005:
How then did you get a grad admission in the first place? It sounds a bit confusing. If they evaluated your transcript to be 93 units then how the hell did they offer you grad admission or I didn't get the whole stuff clearly. Well my school accepts HND till date. You don't even have to evaluate your transcript.
I got a post BAC. Pls what's name of ur sch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
MrMann1:

Nope. They gave me a post bac. Clearly on my i20. But I never knew that it will require me to take such amount of courses.

Gotya so it was stated from beginning .......I for fear before ooo , blc what i though would not have been fair or funny
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
MrMann1:

I got a post BAC. Pls what's name of ur sch
ETSU

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrMann1(m): 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Gotya so it was stated from beginning .......I for fear before ooo , blc what i though would not have been fair or funny
A Naija guy here in my sch had been here before me, I complained about my ish to him, he then explained he had same issue despite he graduated from OOU. I wondered what his GPA and transcript was. He encouraged me tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
MrMann1:

A Naija guy here in my sch had been here before me, I complained about my ish to him, he then explained he had same issue despite he graduated from OOU. I wondered what his GPA and transcript was. He encouraged me tho.

Please what the name of this school ........ Person gats to be careful grin , as they are dashing out extra credit $$$$$ to do before credit $$$ for masters even begins
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrMann1(m): 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
slimmy2005:
ETSU
East Tennessee??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neahyo(m): 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
Good afternoon house, please can I use my WAEC certificate (score in English language) as proof that I'm a native speaker/English is my first language.

P.S : I can't afford TOEFL for now
My profile : CGPA 3.86 (after conversion)
Aim: PHD Computational Statistics and Machine learning or Biostatistics
BSc : Statistics

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neahyo(m): 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
Good afternoon house, please can I use my WAEC certificate (score in English language) as proof that I'm a native speaker/English is my first language.

My profile : CGPA 3.86/4.00 (after conversion)
Cc Lagosismyhome Walspring DeeTus and all other gurus....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
neahyo:

My profile : CGPA 3.86 /4.00 (after conversion)

You have to check your target school for their requirements , and the fact that this might be yes in one school doesnt mean yes in another school . Also some schools waive or dont require TOEFL some schools its mandatory .......so if you dont want to do TOEFL then its best to target the schools that this is not a requirement

You have a strong GPA for Graduate assistance so definitely take GRE if you dont want to take TOEFL , study very well for it . That will open up your choice for funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
neahyo:

My profile : CGPA 3.86/4.00 (after conversion)

Your question has already been answered!

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.