Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (678474 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
Schwartz:

Thanks to you and Lagosismyhome. They have shelved the idea of schooling in US. But it was a huge shock to them finding out that they can't work outside campus

Working + grad school here is tedious I must tell you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
MrMann1:

I am a victim, yes I evaluated my transcript with my school accredited evaluation service SDR Evaluation. The evaluation report claimed i have 97 credit hour out of 120 and I have about 3 years undergrad towards Bachelors. Mind you, both ND and HND is strong Upper Credit

I got to the school and admission office said I DO NOT have a bachelors degree, no amount of plea that HND is equivalent to Bsc oo, my dept transfer only few courses and insist that I take undergrad courses to complete Bsc. They said some courses I took indicates LD (lower division) category cos it was a 2 unit at my polytechnic school, while it is 3 unit here in US, I tried to prove stubborn, but time was not on my side as classes started few days after my arrival here. It seems it will take me up to 2 years or more to complete the undergrad level.
The truth is it is stressful for HND grad to come here, they will rubbish all the 4 years of polytechnic stress, one of the staff that attended to me even wondered loudly how I got admission grin. My candid advice is either Hnd grad that intend to come for MS here first get a PGD in addition to his ND, HND transcripts plus GRE or just write only SAT exam straight and never mention higher institution at embassy.

Anyways, a bachelors degree will be to my advantage here, I will be looking forward to scholarship and internship offers and even if my visa expire, I still dey school noni so it is easily renewable.

This is the problem with those schools that ask for a preferred evaluator. Once they started saying anything apart from wes, you should know they are about doing something unpleasant. Now, they're getting more money from you by recommending you for a 2 year undergrad course. Question is, did they not reviewed your transcript before selecting you for admission? Or must they show they are utterly incompetent delivering their duties?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Good evening ppl. Pls i have a sister she's a registered nurse/midwife and currently working in a federal gov hospital in abuja. And she wants to do her bsc nursing in US she has enough money in her acct pls what step will she follow. Abeg mak una nor mind my write up o i b small boy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by hybeenoni: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=49018098]

You can relax that you definitely meet the requirement for gpa ....because most schools say above 3.0 ....... 3.08 /5 is almost where 3.0/4 meet ..... so 3.20 will be above 3.0 ...worry359 nice one

Source : Based on bigfrancis21 calculation

@ LagosIsMyHome & Co I appreciate your response.
However, I'm still confused here, my intended school require that I have 3.2 in a 4 point scale in the last 2yrs of my undergraduate study, after calculation, my cgpa for those last 2yrs was 3.81 in a 5pt scale.

Now do you think the 3.81 meets that 3.2 in the 4pt scale?

I will appreciate your response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
neahyo:
Good afternoon house, please can I use my WAEC certificate (score in English language) as proof that I'm a native speaker/English is my first language.

P.S : I can't afford TOEFL for now
My profile : CGPA 3.86 (after conversion)
Aim: PHD Computational Statistics and Machine learning or Biostatistics
BSc : Statistics

Nice profile but if your GRE is extra good with a sweet SOP then toefl should not be an issue if i am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
MrMann1:

Nope. They gave me a post bac. Clearly on my i20. But I never knew that it will require me to take such amount of courses.

I think the school didn't have any fault or should be blame since it was written clearly on your i20, it was you that doesn't understand what they gave you before you resumed in that school..

It is always good to take out time and ask the school international admission loads of question so that we wont enter one chance at the end of the day..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Please what the name of this school ........ Person gats to be careful grin , as they are dashing out extra credit $$$$$ to do before credit $$$ for masters even begins

Applicants need to read carefully as well and take out time and ask the school international admission loads of question so that we wont enter one chance at the end of the day..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
imperiouxx:

This is the problem with those schools that ask for a preferred evaluator. Once they started saying anything apart from wes, you should know they are about doing something unpleasant. Now, they're getting more money from you by recommending you for a 2 year undergrad course. Question is, did they not reviewed your transcript before selecting you for admission? Or must they show they are utterly incompetent delivering their duties?

With all what MrMann1 posted, the school stated the kind of admission offered to him on his i20 and i think it was him that doesn't understand it before resuming to the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
dickoflife:
u don come with cucumber smile abi

Nah so..

Shey the smile no make sense
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
DeeTus:
@Walspring, LOL, that's the kind of response you get when you try to help. I only blame myself.

How are you man? Hope u r cool?

Am doing great by the grace of God

Let us smile and over look it when we get that kind of response because no time to waste grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by emmaroland: 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
neahyo:
Good afternoon house, please can I use my WAEC certificate (score in English language) as proof that I'm a native speaker/English is my first language.

P.S : I can't afford TOEFL for now
My profile : CGPA 3.86/4.00 (after conversion)
Aim: PHD Computational Statistics and Machine learning or Biostatistics
BSc : Statistics
Cc Lagosismyhome Walspring DeeTus and all other gurus....
Please, what is your Nigeria cgpa before conversion?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Walspring:

With all what MrMann1 posted, the school stated the kind of admission offered to him on his i20 and i think it was him that doesn't understand it before resuming to the school

I see.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ LagosIsMyHome & Co I appreciate your response.
However, I'm still confused here, my intended school require that I have 3.2 in a 4 point scale in the last 2yrs of my undergraduate study, after calculation, my cgpa for those last 2yrs was 3.81 in a 5pt scale.

Now do you think the 3.81 meets that 3.2 in the 4pt scale?

I will appreciate your response

You're above 3.2
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
ngobaby2264:
for the fact that I'm asking for help doesn't mean that I have to be an object of mockery. You should learn how to talk to people you've never met.

You are wrong with your thought and i dont even understand why you reason far like?

Is it that a microbiologist can't sell microorganism or blood agar? after all you said business in your post and for me to have related back to you in microbiology terms which is your field then you should understand better rather than thinking its an object of mockery and something must be wrong if you have that in your mind.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Hummmm so the school gave you graduate admission and then when you got there downgraded it to undergrad..... if na me i no for gree oooo and would have asked to see the President or Provost of the University or even President Obama to settle the matter

The school gave him post bac. I dont think its the school issue but him didn't know the terms and condition of the post bac.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
Helkayklassic:

Lool... Naija situation nii.

Am aware of my country situation but that's not the reason why i asked her in that pattern..

E be like say nah your Lool make she dey think say people dey mock her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrMann1(m): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
Walspring:

Fine, it was stated, but there are some courses that I have taken before and they still want me to take them, simply because some of my poly courses are 2 unit while it is 3 unit here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
MrMann1:

Fine, it was stated, but there are some courses that I have taken before and they still want me to take them, simply because some of my poly courses are 2 unit while it is 3 unit here.

Okay... It is well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
iCool:

I guess they were just teasing, no insult intended. wink

I am not but i dont know about others...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Na joke not mockery .... no vex biko

Am just trying to relate with her in microbial terms but she took it personal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
electronic:
Gentle Men/Ladies in the House!!
I hail....Two years in a row no funding OHHH!! (Since team 2015) grin grin
Profile 3.3/4 GRE: (157Q/155V) 312 TOEFL: Not Yet.
Bsc: Elect Elect
Msc: 3.38/4 (just unofficial transcripts)
(a school i applied to sent me the conversion)

So guys how do go about this funding racket. I have spent close to $1000 on this application issue cry cry cry
I am thinking of going MFM/CHOSEN/WINNERS/REDEEM just in case the problem is from my Village angry

But please i know google is my friend an all that but i just need first hand info Abeg.

Team Fall 2017 (God Help Us all)
Somebody @Mekurexx suggested calstate but i just don't know how? which of the calstates sef....
any tips would be appretiated.

I will share my testimony here IJN! wink

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
electronic:

So guys how do go about this funding racket. I have spent close to $1000 on this application issue cry cry cry
I am thinking of going MFM/CHOSEN/WINNERS/REDEEM just in case the problem is from my Village angry

But please i know google is my friend an all that but i just need first hand info Abeg.

Somebody @Mekurexx suggested calstate but i just don't know how? which of the calstates sef....

Dealing with the problem from the root
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrMann1(m): 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
Walspring:

The school gave him post bac. I dont think its the school issue but him didn't know the terms and condition of the post bac.
I understand the condition of Post Bac, cos I asked before leaving Naija. It was explained to me that I will have to do some courses to complete bachelors degree. I concluded that since my evaluation reads that I completed a 3 year toward a bachelors degree, it would take about a year for my post bac.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
hybeenoni:
Plz can anybody assist me onhow to calculate my CGPA using the 4- points scale?
I need it to know if I meet the minimum requirement in the school I hope to apply to.

Cc: LagosIsMyHome
You have been so helpful on this thread

https://www.wes.org/calculator/igpa.asp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
thacokeboy:
abeg make una help me ooooo. I'm unable to make payment for my SAT on college board .I'm just receiving response of "payment not proceed". even I tried using my PayPal account it still doesn't work and I've contacted my bank they couldn't do anything .pls help o

Which bank card do you use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
OluDare01:
Those of you that don't wanna write toefl, be warned! I didn't write toefl so getting funding wasn't easy.When I got here, even guys from Bangladesh India Sri Lanka got TA and me that my English is top notch didn't get anything.
The grad school said I'm proficient in English but my dept said no. No be small thing o. My solid background got me funding. I am not taking any prerequisites unlike other incoming students. In short, write toefl. Abeg.
My fellow students said I speak good English grin You go wan fear sexy voice na cheesy

No be today we dey preach to dem to write test but dem think say we no like dem..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
OluDare01:

I didn't say you're afraid or scared
I don talk my own
$180 saves you a lot of stress
You won't understand until you get here and see people stranded

If dem no use $180 for naija, dey will use above $4000 for obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
abduldope:
tnx sir d gpa was 2.23. what is ur advice pls ?

Are you going for Bsc or Msc ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abduldope(m): 11:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
Walspring:

Are you going for Bsc or Msc ?
MBA in Business manegment (Msc)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fizzile(m): 12:02am On Sep 03, 2016
Walspring:

Dealing with the problem from the root
Walspring this one pass root oooo.,dem don even buy latest iphone dey watch the guy oooo. Some dey use projector dey monitor dey guy. D dude has to contact dickoflife for proper deliverance from that "root". With dat kind profile and not even quarter abii half funding. Cheeiii devil na member of Avengers

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by onyembu2013: 12:10am On Sep 03, 2016
@ imperiouxx and lagosismyhome. Is it possible to get an on- campus job after two weeks of arrival to school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 12:37am On Sep 03, 2016
electronic:

my dear brother. Your destiny is not in anyway connected to funding. If you want to be funded play naira bet bring the result and the numbers to number 42 owusu abeyi street shomolu with a squirell that has hunchback, two siamese ostriches and a vulture that has gone to the underworld and returned. Then you will get funding. Till then i implore you to exercise patience as ifa has deduced that your grandfathers younger brothers sister on your mothers side is a witch and she is the one doing you.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.