Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (678446 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by EncephalonPikin(m): 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
happyday:

Admission + Full funding? Bro, I think that's cutting it too close. If you're interested in studying in the US, then it has to be both ways. Schools in US should also be interested in having you on the next cohort of freshmen. In top schools, to get admission is even neck-breakingly competitive; and so you don't get deceived by US News rankings, US schools have standards, and International students are generally at a disadvantage.

If you apply, assume you'd be competing with top students from decent high schools all over the world, and that you need to identify what can make you truly stand out. That GPA doesn't stand out. If you take the SAT, and score very highly, you might be outstanding though. Also, if you've done something truly remarkable, and achieved considerable success, such that people see it as something hard to do or coy, then you also stand a chance to be considered.

Those are the most obvious ways, in my opinion, of getting admission + full funding.

Thanks a lot you've helped me set my priorities right!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
worry359:

If you write like the above with poor spelling and punctuation Then no professor is going to take you.
This man again! hahahaha abeg I dey chop pepper oo...you're so funny
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
Please, what community colleges can one apply to at the moment? I know someone who needs an urgent transfer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by EncephalonPikin(m): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
Pls I may seem like oliver twist and I always want more and I'm a little bit rusty with the WES calculator plz anyone in his/her leisure time should help me convert it here is my waec result
English-B2
Mathematics-B3
Physics-B3
Chemistry-B2
Biology-B2
Civic Education-A1
Geography-A1
Economics-Ç5
Data processing-C4
...my waec result

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
revenant:

Your comments are always laced with negativity you dont see anything positive with what people type on here.
I post many positive things.
But I post the TRUTH.
If the truth hurts them take it as a lesson.

The bitter truth is that with such poor English he will not gain admittance.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KPhantom(m): 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
EncephalonPikin:
Pls I may seem like oliver twist and I always want more and I'm a little bit rusty with the WES calculator plz anyone in his/her leisure time should help me convert it here is my waec result
English-B2
Mathematics-B3
Physics-B3
Chemistry-B2
Biology-B2
Civic Education-A1
Geography-A1
Economics-Ç5
Data processing-C4
...my waec result
This is 3.1/4.0

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2016
KPhantom:
This is 3.1/4.0
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by revenant: 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
worry359:

I post many positive things.
But I post the TRUTH.
If the truth hurts them take it as a lesson.

The bitter truth is that with such poor English he will not gain admittance.

Hahahahah just take a look at your comment! Let me retype one line for you " IF THE TRUTH HURTS THEM TAKE IT AS A LESSON" How articulate is this?
That fellow is going to get his/her admission and there is nothing you are going to do about it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
EncephalonPikin:
English-B2
Mathematics-B3
Physics-B3
Chemistry-B2
Biology-B2
Civic Education-A1
Geography-A1
Economics-Ç5
Data processing-C4
...my waec result
A1-4, B2-4, B3-3 C4-3, C5-2, C6-2 D7-1 E8-1. add all as dey r in your result divide by d no of subjects offered

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
surgeonheric:
hello house
my sis has her HND and she want to further in USA what type of degree will she be applying for
and can she Go with her daughter

second que
if a school is not rank or only have about 8,000 student can that affect your visa
please i need answer
walspring
Lagosismyhome
imperiouxx

She can apply to same field she studied in her HND..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
KPhantom:

This is 3.1/4.0

Correct!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
EncephalonPikin:
English-B2
Mathematics-B3
Physics-B3
Chemistry-B2
Biology-B2
Civic Education-A1
Geography-A1
Economics-Ç5
Data processing-C4
...my waec result

Nice result.. Just take your time and write SAT and Toefl you will surely get full scholarship

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
gunther6:
Labor day kiss , let me just grab popcorn make I come read comments here, I can see Darefadi is still strutting her stuff only Jah can reward you.

Make una enjoy the Labor Day..

Is your naija number still active on Whatsapp ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2016
worry359:

If you write like the above with poor spelling and punctuation
Then no professor is going to take you.

The bitter truth! But some people will take it personal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
damiliano:
hello house.
pls i need your help cus am a novice in this aspect
am a bsc holder in banking and finance and finished with a secound class upper and wish to travel to USA this year to start MSc programs with them by january.
pls house,what are the necessary steps i need to take to make this come to reality plsssss

will appreciate a response.

God bless you all

You need to start searching for schools and i hope you are able to see funding for spring semester 2017 but I will advise you work toward fall semester 2017 and write necessary test as well if only you wan TA or GA or RA or full ride scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
revenant:

Your comments are always laced with negativity you dont see anything positive with what people type on here.

You are wrong with this but dunno about other post!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
alexandersherif:

thanks man....have seen it

Let's give the thanks to God!

I will take time to reply the attachment..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 9:37pm On Sep 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

You should have applied for F2 and not B2 .. Blc if at the interview you say you are going to visit your husband or anything relating to your husband , I am sure the VO will ask why not f2 and not b2 .......

However to answer your question, People get denied everyday and reapply and get it . Most time it has little impact on your next application. You just have to demonstrate that you are a credible student for your F1 and possible home ties .....Once you can articulate that then you are fine and good to go .

Pls am sorry for disturbing u, please re check ur mail for my latest transcript, just sent it tonight... Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
revenant:

Hahahahah just take a look at your comment! Let me retype one line for you " IF THE TRUTH HURTS THEM TAKE IT AS A LESSON" How articulate is this?
That fellow is going to get his/her admission and there is nothing you are going to do about it.

You taking this far, what he is pointing out there is the abbreviation and I believe you should know that and not expanding or taking this too personal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Na wa ooo. U just dey jollof all of them. Which one u go remain for others .

Carry go nothing do u .......only one life to live. Enjoy cool
babe... prophet abiara wife die yesterday... abd u dey make am look like say na two life we go live...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
dickoflife:
babe... prophet abiara wife die yesterday... abd u dey make am look like say na two life we go live...

Dont know who she is but my condolence...... Eya life nobody knows the hour or time the Lord calls

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Dont know who she is but my condolence...... Eya life nobody knows the hour or time the Lord calls
i tell u.. just like dis silver mustang i just waka pass. If i no jolly d car now and i die tomorrow nko?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
dickoflife:
i tell u.. just like dis silver mustang i just waka pass. If i no jolly d car now and i die tomorrow nko?

Na at least 6 generations you go see and buy all of them mustang. ... you aint going anywhere so i die tomorrow nko ? . What called that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
worry359:

She will need to apply for Bsc, or do top up.
Only the school can say for sure. She must ask them.
She can take daughter but must have (lots of) money for day care or nanny.

Poor school with no ranking can definitly affect application for visa.

she can also apply to a graduate program. Most schools equate HND with Bachelors.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by xcaper(m): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello house, is it true that U.S. now gives three years post study work permit to student after completion on Masters degree, then at the end of the three years post study making five years after masters admission one is qualified to apply for green card. Please Some one should confirm this.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

She is the wife of a the CAC General evangelist Àgbala Itùrà in Ile-epo, Oke-Odo Lagos, at the back for the Lagos state general hospital..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
Walspring:

She is the wife of a the CAC General evangelist Àgbala Itùrà in Ile-epo, Oke-Odo Lagos, at the back for the Lagos state general hospital..

Agh!!! You even know that area.
You go sabi that area wella niyen oooo boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fmsuhgar: 11:31pm On Sep 05, 2016
Plsss House, what I the difference between semester hour and credit hour?

Also who can apply for out of state turion waiver
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by xcaper(m): 11:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
xcaper:
Hello house, is it true that U.S. now gives three years post study work permit to student after completion on Masters degree, then at the end of the three years post study making five years after masters admission one is qualified to apply for green card. Please Some one should confirm this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 11:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Na at least 6 generations you go see and buy all of them mustang. ... you aint going anywhere so i die tomorrow nko ? . What called that
haha... omo forget o.. kai see as dis one shake ukwu pass again.. kai awon omo bowie....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
Walspring:

fire.. fire....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by carik(m): 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=xcaper post=49108330][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.