Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Explain This Sperm Test To Me! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Explain This Sperm Test To Me! (3830 Views)

Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment / Test To Know You Have Trypophobia - Graphic Content / How Do You Explain This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by lastguy: 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hello House,

I went for a test recently out of curiosity and I was given the following result at a test lab centre. Can you pls explain this to me as fear don dey catch me already oo.

NB I have been dating my girlfriend for 4 years unprotected and she dey take salt and water and just decided to know if nothing is wrong with me.
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by nelszx: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
80% dead cells, the total count 3.5m cells + watery sperm is worrisome. Well from the above aside all dese data it shows u r having an infection but there are drugs dat can take care of dat as stated on the result. A poorly motile sperm can not impregnate a woman even if she drinks salt and water cos dey would have been dead before getting into the promise land.

Can I ask you a question, do you drink or smoke? Besides you need to take ur gf for a test too after which you consult a doctor cos what am seeing here is a pointer to infection and probably infertility.

1 Like

Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
U should have told the lab scientist or the doctor to do the explanation for u
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by ikbnice(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
What is the name of this test.
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by lastguy: 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
nelszx:
80% dead cells, the total count 3.5m cells + watery sperm is worrisome. Well from the above aside all dese data it shows u r having an infection but there are drugs dat can take care of dat as stated on the result. A poorly motile sperm can not impregnate a woman even if she drinks salt and water cos dey would have been dead before getting into the promise land.

Can I ask you a question, do you drink or smoke? Besides you need to take ur gf for a test too after which you consult a doctor cos what am seeing here is a pointer to infection and probably infertility.

Thanks for the analysis, I dont smoke or drink.
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by lastguy: 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
ikbnice:
What is the name of this test.

I went there that day to do some test namely : MP, widal test, hepatitis B and C and it was out of curiosity i did the SEMEN test too
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by lastguy: 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mafizo:
U should have told the lab scientist or the doctor to do the explanation for u

I was such in a hurry, he just gave me the result and went my way
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by nelszx: 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
lastguy:

Thanks for the analysis, I dont smoke or drink.

Why Coi.tus interruptus do you find it hard to masturbate?
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by lastguy: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
nelszx:

Why Coi.tus interruptus do you find it hard to masturbate?

I masturbated that day to get out the sperm for analysis sir
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by nelszx: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
lastguy:

I was such in a hurry, he just gave me the result and went my way

Well u may need to seek medical care and please let your gf b tested as well so the route of infection can be known.
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
lastguy:
Hello House,

I went for a test recently out of curiosity and I was given the following result at a test lab centre. Can you pls explain this to me as fear don dey catch me already oo.

NB I have been dating my girlfriend for 4 years unprotected and she dey take salt and water and just decided to know if nothing is wrong with me.
My brother, essentially you have one problem with two heads.
The basic problem is that you likely have an STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection), likely epididymorchitis occasioned by the MCS result. This STI has resulted in some destruction (or problems) with your sperm production as is evident from the Semen Analysis.
In essence, your semem is more of water than actual sperm, implication being that the chances of you getting a girl pregnant is as low as making a 3point shot from the opposing rim.
What you should do : The sensitivity test is helpful in outlining the possible medications which can be of help. Visit a doctor for prescriptions and counselling. (You can also pm me for that, as this forum isn't appropriate for such interaction.)
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by nelszx: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
lastguy:

I masturbated that day to get out the sperm for analysis sir

What's written on the form is stating something else but if you truly masturbated den u go see a doctor he'll prescribe an antibiotic on any of the said drug on the result den after a period of time u repeat the test again to see if there would be improvement
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
Moreso your gf needs to also run a series of tests.
She has to and should stop the practise of drinking salt water, it's dangerous to her health and has absolutely nothing to do with her reproductive system
You should also be proactive with getting treatment, delay could be dangerous
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by psucc(m): 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
OP I would advice you don't take those drugs o! Present the test to a Medical Doctor to do the interpretation and prescription and then buy the drugs from a pharmacy store. Insist on seeing the pharmacist and present both the test and doctor's prescription.

The pharmacist will help to understand the effects of the prescription.

Pls be warned!!!!
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by nelszx: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
psucc:
OP I would advice you don't take those drugs o! Present the test to a Medical Doctor to do the interpretation and prescription and then buy the drugs from a pharmacy store. Insist on seeing the pharmacist and present both the test and doctor's prescription.

The pharmacist will help to understand the effects of the prescription.

Pls be warned!!!!

He won't be prescribed drugs outside those sensitive drugs (as listed above). Of course dats y it's a team work d chain follows that trend
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by dadabashua1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
can't make much comment about the results.. because the lab scientist should have found out first when last you had sex.. ideally you suppose to abstain from sex for a minimum of 72hrs, (3days) in oda to obtain a more accurate results.. but if the test was carried out after the 3days of abstainace then.. it's a worrisome results.. but still treatment should be administered asap...the R and S indicates the various level of sensitivity and resistance of the antibiotic..
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by nelszx: 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
dadabashua1:
can't make much comment about the results.. because the lab scientist should have found out first when last you had sex.. ideally you suppose to abstain from sex for a minimum of 72hrs, (3days) in oda to obtain a more accurate results.. but if the test was carried out after the 3days of abstainace then.. it's a worrisome results.. but still treatment should be administered asap...the R and S indicates the various level of sensitivity and resistance of the antibiotic..

The abstinence period was written on the form: 5 days look closely
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by dadabashua1(m): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
nelszx:

The abstinence period was written on the form: 5 days look closely
ok..yes have seen it.
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by lastguy: 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
Seriously, which kind wahala be this. I pray God sees me tru. I am gonna see a pharmacist
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by lastguy: 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2016
deleted
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by ademasta(m): 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
When things like this happen, people would be asking "do you smoke or drink?". Why are all these happening to gentle men? When the real smokers and drunkards on street get ladies pregnant every mouth, all down to abortions... I could remember an okada rider in my area, who is known for drinking and smoking all sorts of drinkables and smokables, once impregnated 3 ladies at a time. Imagine!

Brother, may God help you. Just try and see a capable doctor or pharmacist as posters above me have advised. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by biosoftinc: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
lastguy:
Hello House,

You can try asking on pelmedic.com
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by Alobogab(m): 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
Oligo-astheno-teratozoospermia!!!!! Repeat the test. If it's same, Prepare for invitro fertilisation or an interim artificial insemination. If your spouse is young and very fertile, she may compensate in very rare occasions
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by lastguy: 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by austaikus(f): 4:18am On Aug 15, 2016
I will advice you take it to God in prayer. Because He(God) is the greatest physician. I believe strongly when you have faith He will restore you and heal you permanently

2 Likes

Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by lastguy: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2016
Okay. Presently I am at ekiti, oye ekiti. I want to go to the teaching hospital to see a doc but when I get to hospital, who exactly will I say I want to see or which department will I head to?

pls help me out. I have been down seriously.
Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by BigMan4Life: 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
ademasta:
When things like this happen, people would be asking "do you smoke or drink?". Why are all these happening to gentle men? When the real smokers and drunkards on street get ladies pregnant every mouth, all down to abortions... I could remember an okada rider in my area, who is known for drinking and smoking all sorts of drinkables and smokables, once impregnated 3 ladies at a time. Imagine!

Brother, may God help you. Just try and see a capable doctor or pharmacist as posters above me have advised. It is well.
Na rough persons and hooligan get real strong sperms, see how many of them there are. Women are drawn to wicked types like these. Smh

1 Like

Re: Explain This Sperm Test To Me! by babyt66: 10:09am On Aug 17, 2016
Hi
You have nothing to worry about. Your result simply shows you have an infection and as for the viscosity that is watery means you it can't form a baby.
But you can work on it and by next year June you will be a father.
Call 08032493281

(1) (Reply)

Highest State With Hiv/aids Prevalent Rate In Nigeria 2017 / Help Me. I Am Diagnosed With H.I.V / Free Surgery For 10 Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.