Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! (2060 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / PDP Chief Asks Mu'azu To Resign With Immediate Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 9:44am On Sep 26, 2009
There was a time no one in lagos used a seat belt. But LASTMA or whatever you call them had a law, and if you were found wanting, you paid heavy fines. This was institued by the leader. These are the small things a leader does. The people ordinarily on their own wont have obeyed the law, so it is enforced. On the streets of lagos, you cannot drive on the BTR lanes, if caught, you pay a fine. This is how it works. Laws are made and then ENFORCED and the people will follow. Things like this should be encouraged.
A leader should help his people move forward. In the developed countries of Europe there are all manner of laws and officers to enforce them and so the people obey.
Have you noticed however that when europeans leave europe, come to say nigeria, within a short time they become like nigerians? have you noticed? Because they observe that no laws are being enforced.
What will you tell me about them now? They are normal people like us, and nothing makes them better. They only have a better system because they have leaders who enforce laws. Their leaders do the work the people put them in office for.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Sine1: 9:46am On Sep 26, 2009
This is what Im talking about simple healthy discussions.

Who among us is really what you spoke of?
But do you agree that a people who do not believe in their leader cannot progress?
And a people who do not obey the simplest of traffic laws cannot get a leader who will obey the most complex financial laws?

I understand your viewpoint. . its very well thought out.
But as long as a people want some form of Messiah to drop down and sprinkle them with magic dust without actually knowing the demands of leadership they will continue to revolve and twist in one spot
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 9:54am On Sep 26, 2009
These simple traffic laws are broken in the most developed countries. The have to be enforced. No people on earth are soo good that they dont need authority bodies that actually control and makesure laws are obeyed. The secret is getting the people to do it. It takes dedication. Dedication a leader can only have if he is interested in his country.
A people as complex as nigerians need someone who is interested in the country. We have never had a good leader. And you can only complain or compare us with other countries cos they have gone through their own stages of development.
I no longer think nigerians want a messiah ( i used to think so). People who work as hard as nigerians just want to know their leader is interested. I think they want someone who has a little time to go over the problems the average man has. Electricity and water. On a national level. Let people feel human. Then will come other things, other concerns.
But we need a leader. And I think pretty much everyone is crying for this now. No God-send. Just a man or woman who is interested in the country.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Sine1: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2009
'Just a man or woman who is interested in the country'.

Just like you or me?

We are all ready to condemn but none ready to take the mantle.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by SkyBlue1: 10:04am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

grin
@ roasbelle and Sky blue
Why would people just go around insulting each other?  grin Well thanks il try to stay clear of posters like Bialegend. . .

@Sky Blue
My problem is not with Yar'Adua to be honest. I really believe that he is a representative of the people. An ordinary Nigerian like the rest of us.If we move backwards and note our past leaders, we can see that they are simply Nigerian in values and behaviour. . .Nothing More Nothing less. . they all have the same mind frame, the same approach to problems and so forth. These are not 'God on Earth'. If given the opportunity to lead many of us would be in the same conundrum as they are! Our development does not depend on the 'Nigerian leader' as some of us may put it but on 'Nigerian People'. . . because the Leader is SIMPLY a representative of the people.

Sorry but that argument holds very little water, the same with the "we are the solution" argument. We can't keep relying on such clichés and placard writings no matter how true they might be. The issue is action towards such things to make aspirations become a reality instead of hiding behind such clichés. Our development depends on the "Nigerian People", so what? Is that knowledge which is obvious to all going to grow hands and do the bidding for the people? I do get a tad irritated though when people use generalisations to justify a position. I and many of my friends and family would not do the same if given the opportunity so please you do not speak for us in that sense.

So what are we going to do with the knowledge that it is up to the "Nigerian People"? Is that knowledge going to set us free or is it the action that comes with that knowledge? Who here on nairaland does not posses such knowledge? By saying Yar Adua is not the problem are you not assuming that calling leaders to action is not part of the required action needed to progress? Nigeria has a leader who has done pretty much nothing or revealed any plans to do anything despite numerous promises and you think people should just sit down and lament at how he comes from amongst us? So we should all wait before Nigerians become saintly before anything is demanded? So most people in the States and Tokyo and UK have no propensity towards corruption?

I would have to disagree with you. Here are some of the issues and pieces of knowledge that might be less obvious which is important to state. Cowardice, laziness and selfishness are some of the major vices in the country. Cowardice that stops people from standing up, laziness that allows people to give out police bribes because they see pursuing the issue as being an inconvenience and selfishness which stops the Nigerian populace of seeing injustice anywhere in the country as the injustice of all. As long as it does not affect me it is fine, right?
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Sine1: 10:24am On Sep 26, 2009
Cowardice allows people to sit anonymously on the internet and complain about leaders.
Laziness allows other people to take up leadership positions in whatever circle whether in Schools or jobs or whatever.
Selfishness allows people to not consider how a leader should be condemned. . . objectively, without telling him he is from the South or his daughter is this or that or referring to his health.

I am against what may be termed revolution but i am all for progress. I don't want to carry a placard saying 'Yar'Adua go away'. Its useless. Why can't I simply take up my responsibilities as a proud citizen? Its all good to complain we have a right to! and we should! but we should not JUST sit complaining. Consider your fellow man when next you toss something out of your window. Yar'Adua put it there. The other day I saw a trailer's tire had burst and he was scrating and tearing up the Ibadan Expressway. . . again Im sure yar'Adua was driving that truck or sold the man bad tyres. . . sigh. . . After all if PHCN works it would not only power ny house but the homes of other Nigerians. Honestly ,there is only one destination we are ALL looking towards, the only difference is which path we think is best. . . do you agree?
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 10:31am On Sep 26, 2009
I still disagree with you. Cos the issue here is Yaradua and his role as leader. We cant all chase eachother and ask what the individual does about the rubbish he throws out his window. This is somethign I can take care of myself, but the tarring of the road and the fixing of nepa are yaradua's duties. Im not the leader, I cant fix those things. I cant make water run. There is a man who owns office to run such. I will do my own in my corner, but yaradua should do his. And as leader, his happens to be a whole lot. If he doesnt feel up to it, here with the next, until we get a leader who actually leads. Im not too sure youre on topic here.
Our treating eachother right or wrong will not bring nepa. Afterall there are pedophiles and serial killers in america and europe. Do they treat eachother well? Are you telling me the majority of westerners treat eachother well and thats why their systems work?
Please. The one is completely different from the other. I will take care of my duties as an individual in her corner. Yaradua has a NATION to take care of. Thats the point of this thread
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by SkyBlue1: 10:42am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

Cowardice allows people to sit anonymously on the internet and complain about leaders.
Laziness allows other people to take up leadership positions in whatever circle whether in Schools or jobs or whatever.
Selfishness allows people to not consider how a leader should be condemned. . . objectively, without telling him he is from the South or his daughter is this or that or referring to his health.

I am against what may be termed revolution but i am all for progress. I don't want to carry a placard saying 'Yar'Adua go away'. Its useless. Why can't I simply take up my responsibilities as a proud citizen? Its all good to complain we have a right to! and we should! but we should not JUST sit complaining. Consider your fellow man when next you toss something out of your window. Yar'Adua put it there. The other day I saw a trailer's tire had burst and he was scrating and tearing up the Ibadan Expressway. . . again Im sure yar'Adua was driving that truck or sold the man bad tyres. . . sigh. . .   After all if PHCN works it would not only power ny house but the homes of other Nigerians. Honestly ,there is only one destination we are ALL looking towards, the only difference is which path we think is best. . .  do you agree?

Considering you do not know about any of the posters or what we do, don't you think the part in bold might be too large a blanket? Again, why not speak for yourself? smiley

All you have done is dodge the question I asked you. The issue was Yar adua's leadership which you rated "OK". Isn't the fact that you haven't been able to justify such a rating quite telling of the reality of his leadership? All this question dodging sef.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Sine1: 10:43am On Sep 26, 2009
Do they treat eachother well?

Yes. I think they do.
But this is not a cross cultural comparison topic so Il leave it at that.

But do you really take care of our duties on the street? In our homes? at work?
I went to a bank back in Nigeria people were so angry.including the employees. People trying to jump the queue. . . Tellers snatching things from me. even when I wanted to park the guards where hollering and screaming like I was driving a trailer. Just do your own. Yar'Adua doesnt need to tell you to say Good morning and thank you. Courtesy.
mind you im not even a supporter of the man. Whether he entered or it was Atiku or even Tony Blair or Chairman Mao we would still be in a postion of complaint. Its sad when for 49 years generations of people still depend on the government to put them through school and give them jobs. They want to earn 150000 every month for getting a 2.2. No amount of begging can let people see that they are the solution to their own problems.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by SkyBlue1: 10:46am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

Any particular reason why you believe should he resign?
I think he is doing OK in my books. . . I wasn't expecting a Utopian society and a country is only as good as the people within it.

Sky Blue:

WOW. I am very curious, please do tell. Inform us what Yar Adua has done in over two years in your book to warrant a pass mark. I am dying to know. Please Please Please. Perhaps we have all been blind to his leadership panache, so do enlighten.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 10:53am On Sep 26, 2009
We might be the solution to our problems, but the nigerian on the streets cannot make nepa regular. Neither can he make water run. That a porous argument and it holds absolutely no substance. You are contraicting yourself cos it seems youre the one lookign for a people who are the messiah.

Those people shouting at you at the bank, they are impolite as many nigerians are. And I blame this kind of behaviour on frustration. Nigerians are a highly frustrated people and the government is 75% to blame for this. I know how to behave myself and I try my best. But it just so happens that some people cant hadle their frustrations well.

Those shouting in the town halls at obama and the senators who were trying to explain the health care option obama is trying to put in place in the US? What will you say about their behaviour. My friend every nation has badly behaved people. Nigeria has more, but that adds NOTHING to the fact that we have a useless government.
Put any man in the shoes of a nigerian man, no matter how refined he seems to be and in a short time, you'l see the battle he will go through to still act like a human being. The frustration and poverty is simply too much. The government is there to erradicate it.

Dont tell me that by treating my neighbour well, Yaradua will now know he has to provide our basic needs. I will treat my neighbour well because its the right thing to do. It will however have no effect on electricity or water. It wont, so dont tell me that.

And you were asked, what has yaradua done in the two years he's been in office? Answer that. Dont go hiding behind old ancient cliches that have helped no nation so far.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Sine1: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2009
my rating of the President was OK - Average. Simply as a comparison with other leaders and my expectations. He has done nothing to reverse Nigeria's motion. though he has done little to improve it. I think he has so far been the President I expected him to be. Slow (very slow) BUT treading with caution. He does not attempt to be some mastodon of leadership as he knows he isn't. He has simply continued with Obasanjo's processes though with little innovation of his own. He has simply relied on Due process. Thats why I said OK. I did not say he is the Nigerian King who shall lead us to  manna. He is Average.

Hence I say that Obasanjo was above average. He instituted a few systems which work today.
Fashola is doing good. Very good.
BUT remember all these are my impressions of them as political entities. I am not concerned if they have 5 wifes, 200 children or is a hermaphrodite. My expectations may be low! Oh yes! But they are objective.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by OAM4J: 10:57am On Sep 26, 2009
@Sine1
I really don’t get u Sine1. It is not an act of cowardice to complain about your leader. Every leader has to be criticized in other for them to improve. For crying aloud sake why should we as a follower keep quiet when we see our leaders going the wrong direction? If we keep quite, then we are failing as followers. Let’s call a spade a spade. This Yar Adua is damm too inactive and I don’t believe we deserve that as a nation. We Nigerians are not blind, neither do we just shout/criticize for no reason, when we see a good leader we appreciate. Majority of Nigerians/Lagosians applaud Fasola because we believe he is doing well. In fact people like Fasola make me feel that there might just be hope for Nigeria. If someone can govern a complex state like Lagos and have majority give him a pass mark, I believe one day a Fasola will come from any part of Nigeria and give us a good national leadership. And there are many Fasolas in Nigeria, its just that we are so unfortunate not to have many of them in power.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by SkyBlue1: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

my rating of the President was OK - Average. Simply as a comparison with other leaders and my expectations. He has done nothing to reverse Nigeria's motion. though he has done little to improve it. I think he has so far been the President I expected him to be. Slow (very slow) BUT treading with caution. He does not attempt to be some mastodon of leadership as he knows he isn't. He has simply continued with Obasanjo's processes though with little innovation of his own. He has simply relied on Due process. Thats why I said OK. I did not say he is the Nigerian King who shall lead us to  manna. He is Average.

Hence I say that Obasanjo was above average. He instituted a few systems which work today.
Fashola is doing good. Very good.
BUT remember all these are my impressions of them as political entities. I am not concerned if they have 5 wifes, 200 children or is a hermaphrodite. My expectations may be low! Oh yes! But they are objective.

And other people's expectations aren't objective? Who here has made the issue about how many wives he has? Name one please. Hasn't the issue been about his leadership? And I agree with you, your expectations are indeed quite low (in my opinion) hence it would explain why you see nothing wrong with him per se. At least allow others who have higher expectations to air their own views which are backed up by solid arguments and reasoning too.

Again I have to ask you what exactly you are marking Yar Adua on. This is like marking a non existing project, that is why I keep prompting you to provide details on the work he is supposed to be marked on. Or do we count breathing as work?
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Sine1: 11:03am On Sep 26, 2009
Hi OAM4J
Please don't get me wrong It is our RIGHT to speak against our leaders. But when the people who are speaking up are doing so for doing sake its weird.
Im not his supporter not at all! But I do not understand why or how we can blame every problem to other people?? why

How can Yar'Adua be the cause of someone yelling at the bank?? Or how can Fashola be the cause of a Motorcyclist washing his bike in the middle of the road? Leaders are part(!) of the problem AND the solution!
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 11:04am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

But do you really take care of our duties on the street? In our homes? at work?
I went to a bank back in Nigeria people were so angry.including the employees. People trying to jump the queue. . . Tellers snatching things from me. even when I wanted to park the guards where hollering and screaming like I was driving a trailer. Just do your own. Yar'Adua doesnt need to tell you to say Good morning and thank you. Courtesy.
mind you im not even a supporter of the man. Whether he entered or it was Atiku or even Tony Blair or Chairman Mao we would still be in a postion of complaint. Its sad when for 49 years generations of people still depend on the government to put them through school and give them jobs. They want to earn 150000 every month for getting a 2.2. No amount of begging can let people see that they are the solution to their own problems.
Im sorry to say, but this your point sounds rather petty. We are talking ISSUES here. People dont have food to eat in abundance and youre complaining about how you were treated at a bank; people have to walk kilometers to fetch water that isnt even clean and youre complaining people jump queues.
My friend, people jump queues everwhere. Nigerias problem is, our own is always over the top.
Im not saying we dont need to treat eachother better, Im the first to say that, but my treating you well at the bank wont give proper education to the people in rural arreas. It wont bring nepa.
Please, whilst the point of treating eachother better is valid, it doesnt apply here. Eachman should do his own bah? Is that not the one the people who work hard on the street are doing? or are they doing someone elses own? Are you saing we should all just do and keep our leaders quiet
I treat my neighbours well, we have fun, my driver, I pay him well and I makesure he has enough to pay his childrens fee's. This is what I consider doing my own. But when I get home at night, there s no electricity. WHO'S own is that Sine1 The tap doesnt run water, who's own is that
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by SkyBlue1: 11:06am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

Hi OAM4J
Please don't get me wrong It is our RIGHT to speak against our leaders. But when the people who are speaking up are doing so for doing sake its weird.
Im not his supporter not at all! But I do not understand why or how we can blame every problem to other people?? why

How can Yar'Adua be the cause of someone yelling at the bank?? Or how can Fashola be the cause of a Motorcyclist washing his bike in the middle of the road? Leaders are part(!) of the problem AND the solution!

Why do you seem to be blind to the ISSUES being raised by all? We have discussed Yar Adua's failures to exhaustion, if the points that continue to be raised do not satisfy you it is because of fatigue. Go through the list of topics and see the issues that have been raised. Again I ask, apart from stifling electoral reforms (which he promised) and making a mockery of the fight against corruption, what has he done? I keep asking this question and am yet to get a response. LOL. You keep saying a cake is sweet, I keep asking where the cake is so we can taste for ourselves to begin with.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by MrCrackles(m): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2009
Poster
YaRAdua resign?
He might have to die first then someone prolly sign the resignation letter on his behalf. . . .
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Sine1: 11:09am On Sep 26, 2009
Sky Blue
No no I am not here to condemn any bodys ratings or objectivity! i did not say or insinuate that others are not objective not here anyway! but what do you want? A floating castle in the sky? Maybe a robotic maid or manservant? Its strange when you want progress sharp sharp but are only ready to blame every other person.

I Ask HOW CAN THE PRESIDENT GOVERNORS COUNCILLORS ETC BE THE CAUSE OF EVERY PROBLEM YOU hAVE?? Is it not weird when you wake up in the morning and you blame Obasanjo for not putting a full English breakfast on your table?? How can we pass this blame on so happily?
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 11:12am On Sep 26, 2009
In fact your points are so petty, its almost unbelieveable.
They spoke to you rudely at the bank?? So?? Are you the first or last.
There are threads where people complain about such. The issue on debate here are nigeria's problems.
Have you see the suffering mothers go through to raise their children to makesure they have an education (or a semblance of one)
Have you seen what the young girls on campuses turn thenselves into at night because their parents haves worked their arses off 'doing their part', honest hard working people and still couldnt rake up enough funds for their daughters education??
Have you heard of the 15yr odld boys who are now into internet scam becasue theyre tired of watching their parents suffer and get NOTHING for workign so hard, so they choos the easy path (even though wrong) so they can feed their folks
The security man at the bank treated you bad and so nigerians deserve bad leaders
Thats soo petty, and soo wrong on soo many levels, I cant even believe you any more!
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by SkyBlue1: 11:14am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

Sky Blue
No no I am not here to condemn any bodys ratings or objectivity! i did not say or insinuate that others are not objective not here anyway! but what do you want? A floating castle in the sky? Maybe a robotic maid or manservant? Its strange when you want progress sharp sharp but are only ready to blame every other person.

I Ask HOW CAN THE PRESIDENT GOVERNORS COUNCILLORS ETC BE THE CAUSE OF EVERY PROBLEM YOU hAVE?? Is it not weird when you wake up in the morning and you blame Obasanjo for not putting a full English breakfast on your table?? How can we pass this blame on so happily?

?? LOL. This is getting comical. How do you know what I do or do not do in the morning? Why do you seem to be blind to the issues raised?

Why do you seem to KEEP dodging the question? Shame on me for not: instigating electoral reforms, tackling the power situation problem, implementing the budget, pushing for freedom of information bill, and much more. Shame on me for not doing my Job as a Nigerian because all of that was appointed unto me to do, right? I am the one who suggensted Sam Egwu ( a highly questionable ex public servant) to be minister of Education. I am the one who suggested Dora Akunyili be Health minister. I am the one who removed Ribadu. I am the one who appointed the AGF, right?

The question again incase you had forgotten. What has Yar Adua done?
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

Sky Blue
And nwo this conversation is soo over, cos I see youre hell bent on ignoring the POINT of this thread. Sky blue didnt say anythign about an english breakfast. Dont go off point. We're talking NIGERIA. Dont go off point.
And mind you, the government IS to 80% responsible for ALL our problems. The rest is our fault. We however need a leader.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Sine1: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2009
When will you see that i have rated this man not as a God or as a King but as an ordinary Nigerian. He has no innovations. Average. Average. Bleh. Just there. I did not say he is the man we should want to father our babies lol.
Why do you think you are better than him? What makes you think that if given the opportunity you would respond to people fairly?? even moderators as I have read in the Nairaland section treat people unfairly locking and deletiing threads when it suits them. I wonder.

Well remember this.  . . no two people can ever believe the same thing. How you see it is different from how I do. We are all objective here ( well Sky blue and Rosabelle anyway lol)

and I respect everyones opinions!
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by OAM4J: 11:22am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

Hi OAM4J

Nobody says Yar adua is the cause of someone yelling at the bank, but we are saying he is failing to lead us as a president should. For God’s sake how can my president prioritize attending opening of a new university in Saudi to UN General meeting and Universities here in Nigeria are closed. He has been president for more than two years; tell me how has he improved the life of an ordinary Nigerian since he became president? That’s why we say he should resign if he has nothing to offer us as our leader. Mind you he offered himself to lead.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 11:23am On Sep 26, 2009
I dont think Im better than him Sine1. And I DONT want to be leader of nigeria. I DONT want to be given the opportunity cos Im not and never will be a politician. THATS the point. If he wasnt ready to lead, he shouldnt have let himself be rigged in as leader. He cant act like he's the average market man and if its too much for him (as it obviously is), he should leave.
Im a floor member who has a good idea of what people go through and Im a floor member who expects more.
And its not the people who complain that are the problem, its people who keep quiet and condone. That is nigerias problem.
You have a neat way of avoiding the issues and unpleasant questions.
Average isnt good enough my dear. We should aim for the sky and settle for the tree tops, not upside-down!
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by SkyBlue1: 11:24am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

When will you see that i have rated this man not as a God or as a King but as an ordinary Nigerian. He has no innovations. Average. Average. Bleh. Just there. I did not say he is the man we should want to father our babies lol.
Why do you think you are better than him? What makes you think that if given the opportunity you would respond to people fairly?? even moderators as I have read in the Nairaland section treat people unfairly locking and deletiing threads when it suits them. I wonder.

Well remember this.  . . no two people can ever believe the same thing. How you see it is different from how I do. We are all objective here ( well Sky blue and Rosabelle anyway lol)

and I respect everyones opinions!

Sorry to say but you have not in anyway buttressed your points unless you just want to go with feelings. A debate normally consists of points and counterpoints been raised. Sorry to say but I do not believe you have raised any. Instead you keep going off at tangents. You rated Yar Adua as a Nigerian and those who castigate him rate him as what? As a Malaysian? I rate him the the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. What has Mr President done? If you really believe he is OK and not a disaster under whose watch we have militancy escalating to a crescendo, ASUU strike while he goes to Saudi Arabi to open Universities, etc, then sorry to say but I really don't feel you have the justification to complain about any major topic in Nigeria which can range from, no power, no democratic elections, no water, high youth unemployment, corruption and government embezzlement, etc, since according to you these things are the job of the people to tackle and not the job of the president who was supposedly "elected" and appointed to lead. Again, I do not see the points you have raised with regards to THIS issue. You are still yet to answer the question. What has Yar Adua done? Should your silence with regards to the question be taken as an answer of 'nothing'?
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 11:27am On Sep 26, 2009
OAM4J:

Nobody says Yar adua is the cause of someone yelling at the bank, but we are saying he is failing to lead us as a president should. For God’s sake how can my president prioritize attending opening of a new university in Saudi to UN General meeting and Universities here in Nigeria are closed. He has been president for more than two years; tell me how has he improved the life of an ordinary Nigerian since he became president? That’s why we say he should resign if he has nothing to offer us as our leader. Mind you he offered himself to lead.
@Sine1. Obasanjo was president for 8yrs and ASUU strikes reduced drastically. Somehow people got through school and finished. If you say Yaradua is building on what obasanjo left behind, what is he doing about it My sister has being waiting to do exams for 5months now (this was a thing of the past). ASUU is on strike and Yaradua is opening a university in SAUDI ARABIA. His mates are in New York, I repeat.
Theres NO logical explanation to his actions.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by SkyBlue1: 11:30am On Sep 26, 2009
Rosabelle:

@Sine1. Obasanjo was president for 8yrs and ASUU strikes reduced drastically. Somehow people got through school and finished. If you say Yaradua is building on what obasanjo left behind, what is he doing about it My sister has ebing waiting to do exams for 5months now (this was a thign of the past). ASUU is on strike and Yaradua is opening a university in SAUDI ARABIA. His mates are in New York, I repeat.
Theres NO logical explanation to his actions.

I just keep asking what he has done because I do not get how someone will write exam and submit his answer sheet with nothing on it then get a pass mark of "average". I just don't get this marking style at all.
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2009
@Sine again, the moderators on NL are not responsible for nepa or water in nigeria. Or healthcare, or any of the basic things a government should give its people. Moderators on NL are not the President of nigeria and their actions do NOTHING to affect the decisions taken by our government
I resign, youre one of them people caught up in petty irrelevant rubbish to face facts.
Like Sky blue said, you just seem to constantly go off tangent. Non of what youve said can be produced as a point. Youve gone on and on over private petty issues.
Not good enough my friend. Petty doesnt fly here. This is too serious a topic. Stop trying to save face. Two people CAN agree on any point. So dont use that excuse to run out after avoiding the issue of the thread in the first place
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Rosabelle(f): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2009
Sky Blue:

I just keep asking what he has done because I do not get how someone will write exam and submit his answer sheet with nothing on it then get a pass mark of "average". I just don't get this marking style at all.
LOOLLLL cheesy nice one. lol . He should have gotten ODOH
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by Sine1: 11:35am On Sep 26, 2009
We thank God for the internet Its sad because you have been complaining for 50 odd years. Well this is a new medium to let your grouses out. Strike was a thing of the past.ok o. the people demand more from behind their computer screens. Halleluyah!
Re: Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! by SkyBlue1: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2009
Sine1:

We thank God for the internet Its sad because you have been complaining for 50 odd years. Well this is a new medium to let your grouses out. Strike was a thing of the past.ok o. the people demand more from behind their computer screens. Halleluyah!

Yes, that is a very interesting point. That indeed does explain why Yar Adua so far has been average and not a disaster. Thank you for enlightening us. That indeed answers all the questions and counters all the valid points that were raised. Our curiosity has been placated. Have a nice day smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donald Duke Quits PDP / Efcc Re-arraigns Audu Over N5bn Scam / Boko Haram's Letter To Kano People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.