Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? (2060 Views)

Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? / Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation / Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by hollerb(m): 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2009
Situation of things around reflect Fashola as the only performing governor. How true is this?
Is he really the only performing governors? Are there no other ones performing?
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by jamace(m): 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2009
I heard Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State is moving the state forward too. Give it up for Gov Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State also. These are achieving governors.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by Spyker: 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2009
Well, Kudos to Fashola but he needs to do more on curtailing touts (Agberos) in Lagos. Apart from that, he has performed well.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by bilms(m): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2009
i wonder when nigeria will ever change, what has Fashola done compare to many other sttae that made him deserve all this praise, even the Governor of benue did many thing than fashola,

in benue state, the governor is able to provide a compulsory primary and secondary school free educatio for alll,

for as long a child is between the age of school, u must go to school now free, any parent who refuse to allow there children go to school will be arrested,

this is a general improvement that will affect all the poepleof the state, not this noise fashola is making,

kwara state goverenor is another governor tht has done so much,

bauchi state governor too,

many governors did well but i wonder y everyone keep calling fashola
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by MrFox1(m): 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2009
i smell beef. performance is not just doing something if u care to know. its not a political move so that ppl will praise u. When u impact the lives of people in an objective and sustainable manner , naturally praises will follow. no need to beef fashola. let ppl praise who they deem fit. no need to help other governors advertise their performance which we dont feel.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by deolu2000(m): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2009
i must say dt when i first saw diz topic i neva wanted reply but i wil be wrong to do so.Gov fashola has really surpass most ppl's xpcetatns b'z in his tym in office he has so far transform evry sector in lagos nd i doubt if anybody in lagos wil tel me dt he/she has nt felt fash's wind of change in ur area one way or d other.Am nt a politician nd in fact i vow nt to vote in diz country but i pray dt may God bles al those dt voted 4 fash.it is easier to manage a growing state than to sustain an over populated nd fully industrialised mega city in d mode of lagos state so plz dnt compare any gov to fash plz.anyway am nt surprised b'z he took after ashiwaju bola tinubu who made d platform 4 fash to susceed.EKO O NI BAJE O[color=][/color]
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by nethacker(m): 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2009
bilms:

i wonder when nigeria will ever change, what has Fashola done compare to many other sttae that made him deserve all this praise, even the Governor of benue did many thing than fashola,

in benue state, the governor is able to provide a compulsory primary and secondary school free educatio for alll,

for as long a child is between the age of school, u must go to school now free, any parent who refuse to allow there children go to school will be arrested,

this is a general improvement that will affect all the poepleof the state, not this noise fashola is making,

kwara state goverenor is another governor tht has done so much,

bauchi state governor too,

many governors did well but i wonder y everyone keep calling fashola
How many intellectuals do the above-mentioned state have compared to Lagos?Name it ,u will find anything and everything in Lagos wink . so provision of a less-quality education for d state's indigene doesnt automatically make the state Governor the best grin . They r being given wat they dont need grin
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by MrFox1(m): 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2009
this man why say something like this, its offensive. be objective not abusive, kilo de, wetin these other governors or state do you. i think this comment is not warranted. pls refrain from such.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by Dclique(m): 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2009
*Thread moved to POLITICS*
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
He is trying

But people want to speak about his achievements as if Lagos is now New York

Unfortunately it is not

I think this has more to do with people wanting to continue thinking certain leaders are faultless while others are cronic criminals regardless of the efforts they make.

And this seems to have more to do with who is in PDP and who is not.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by AfroCynic: 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2009
deolu2000:

i must say dt when i first saw diz topic i neva wanted reply but i wil be wrong to do so.Gov fashola has really surpass most ppl's xpcetatns b'z in his tym in office he has so far transform evry sector in lagos nd i doubt if anybody in lagos wil tel me dt he/she has nt felt fash's wind of change in your area one way or d other.Am nt a politician nd in fact i vow nt to vote in diz country but i pray dt may God bles al those dt voted 4 fash.it is easier to manage a growing state than to sustain an over populated nd fully industrialised mega city in d mode of lagos state so plz dnt compare any gov to fash plz.anyway am nt surprised b'z he took after ashiwaju bola tinubu who made d platform 4 fash to susceed.EKO O NI BAJE O[color=][/color]

Looks like Fashola can start by giving you a free education pass. This post ought to serve as a public warning to adults who insist on writing like text message obsessed teenage girls, Nonsense!
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by MrCrackles(m): 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
At the mo, he seems to be the only one living up to expectations. . .
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by sjeezy8: 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2009
Fashola is not the only one performing but given the population of lagos state, hes out performing the rest BY FAR.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by Hotstepper(f): 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2009
Enugu and Delta governors are equally doing well
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by deolu2000(m): 3:03am On Sep 29, 2009
@afrocynic.wot do u mean nd i hop u ar nt refering to me or my post as "nonsense"b'z if u do i wil hv no other choice but to reply dt comment.so clear the air on that word "nonsense"
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by bawomolo(m): 3:10am On Sep 29, 2009
^^

she's talking about your typing. eet sukz
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by mustafar1: 3:17am On Sep 29, 2009
bawomolo:

^^

she's talking about your typing. eet sukz

interpreter. roflmao
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by OAM4J: 4:17am On Sep 29, 2009
Considering the complexity of Lagos and how difficult it is to please majority of Lagosians, then i will say Fasola scored above average.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by AfroCynic: 10:50am On Sep 29, 2009
deolu2000:

@afrocynic.wot do u mean nd i hop u ar nt refering to me or my post as "nonsense"b'z if u do i wil hv no other choice but to reply dt comment.so clear the air on that word "nonsense"

Dude, how was someone supposed to read that gibberish you typed? you write like a prepubescent girl and that is the nonsense
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by PapaBrowne(m): 11:07am On Sep 29, 2009
Although Fashola is outperforming most of the other Governors, I don't think he has made as much impact on his people as much as some of the other Governors. Lagos is terrible and transforming it is a mountainous task. Anytime I am in Lagos, I always feel like it will take forever to transform Lagos.

Gov. Uduaghan of Delta state has made much more impact on Deltans than Fashola has made on Lagosians. And yet Fashola is obviously working harder. The task in Lagos is enormous.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by spoOne: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2009
Fash is setting the pace for true governance; meeting and surpassing the electorates mandates - The quintessential Governor!
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2009
other governors may be performing but fashola being an opposition to pdp draws more sympathy than any other.He has guts to challenge yaradua on national issues and has taken giant strides which other governors are emulating from.We know the d performing & non-performing governors,so debating it here makes little difference,
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by MrFox1(m): 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2009
You are right, silence is the best response to this question. What Nairalanders think does not change the facts.
Performance is not determined by opinion. Its a measure of achievements for goals set out prior to a time.

Surely, there are many more value-adding debates Nairalander can engage in. This as well as many others topics are just purely time wasting debates with aggressive flavor. Please be more creative. Look around you and start up better topics. Something people can gain from and find worthwhile.

Cheers
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by DisGuy: 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
if Fashola was the governor of a state like Sokoto will he his achievement be this noticeable?
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2009
nethacker:

How many intellectuals do the above-mentioned state have compared to Lagos?Name it ,u will find anything and everything in Lagos wink . so provision of a less-quality education for d state's indigene doesnt automatically make the state Governor the best grin . They r being given wat they dont need grin

Education of any kind is better than NONE. Providing the Nigerian people with some education will actually go a long way in changing that country more than you know. At this point, even low quality education is better than nothing for ALL NIGERIANS cause we definitely need more people educated to actually make our government work.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Education of any kind is better than NONE. Providing the Nigerian people with some education will actually go a long way in changing that country more than you know. At this point, even low quality education is better than nothing for ALL NIGERIANS cause we definitely need more people educated to actually make our government work.

I find your constant use of the phrase in bold above to refer to Nigeria very contemptible.

If you are not a Nigerian then by all means stop posting on Nairaland.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
mikeansy:

I find your constant use of the phrase in bold above to refer to Nigeria very contemptible.

If you are not a Nigerian then by all means stop posting on Nairaland.

Ever encountered the phrase MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS?? jeeezzz!!!
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by Lagosboy: 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
Now this is a very sincere question as a lagosian and one who wants and hopes Lagos will be transformed to Dubai or Tokyo.

Can anyone list the impact Fashola has made on the welfare of people of Lagos?
Can his infrastrucutural achievements be listed as well?
Can his progress on job creation be analysed as well.
The issue of healthcare could also be analysed.

This will help in shutting up skeptics and using these parameters to compare with other state governors will answer the topic question.

His environmental achievments i know of myself and can list, transportation BRT i know was the achivement of Tinubu and Banire as commisioner.
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by Druss(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2009
Visited Delta and Rivers - None can touch Fashola - NONE!!
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by DisGuy: 12:38am On Sep 30, 2009
Akwa Ibom govermor
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by funsosweet(m): 12:49am On Sep 30, 2009
Wetin Oshiomhole dey do? Him just dey talk? Enu o see oooo
Re: Is Fashola The Only Perfroming Governor? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:51am On Sep 30, 2009
Druss:

Visited Delta and Rivers - None can touch Fashola - NONE!!
I choose to disagree. Fine, Fashola is doing good. But Lagos is too enormous so the impact is barely felt.
Delta and Rivers on the other hand, much smaller, hence more impact.
Just a silly example: For instance in Warri, all trunk A roads are street lighted 12hrs non stop- All! Lagos cannot afford to do that!
Public transport system in Warri- Brand new Fully airconditioned Toyota Hiace buses- Lagos cannot afford that because of its size.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Donald Duke Quits PDP / Boko Haram's Letter To Kano People / Nigeria's Greatest Grammarian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.