Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? (20034 Views)

Just Bought A Used Car? What Next? / Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? / Now, You've Gotten A Hybrid Car. What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Harvest601(m): 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
OK, this may be a funny question, and that is the exact reason I'm putting it on here as opposed to asking someone in person,
What are the lines on the back windshield of a car for? I have been trying to figure it out for a little while, now, and I just don't get them....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by diportivo: 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
Rear defogger

smiley

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by kingreign(m): 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
Harvest601:

OK, this may be a funny question, and that is the exact reason I'm putting it on here as opposed to asking someone in person,
What are the lines on the back windshield of a car for? I have been trying to figure it out for a little while, now, and I just don't get them....
Defogger and some cars have integrated radio antenna printed on the rear glass.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by uwemjack(m): 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
Antenna or heat filaments or both

16 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by joephemzyz(m): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
Defogger...the lines carry electric current which is used for the purpose of inducing heat , and thus enhancing visibility while driving

30 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Ejike3: 6:19am On Aug 15, 2016
heating filaments
Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by tolexy123: 6:21am On Aug 15, 2016
its acts a bokoharam deflector

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Emeka71(m): 6:21am On Aug 15, 2016
For decoration.

9 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by ahiarah: 6:22am On Aug 15, 2016
Emeka71:
For decoration.
Lol

5 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by podium(m): 6:23am On Aug 15, 2016
antenna

1 Like

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by cruzita(f): 6:23am On Aug 15, 2016
for nairaland signal

2 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by DICKtator: 6:23am On Aug 15, 2016
Remove the fog?

Defrosting the windshield?

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by sunddy: 6:24am On Aug 15, 2016
Did you know i neva noticed that

2 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 15, 2016
cruzita:
for nairaland signal

Haba! grin

5 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by jerryunit48: 6:24am On Aug 15, 2016
I think you don hear am now ? But naija weather better pass Europe and some part of America own so dem no dey too use am for naija

2 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Lovelynature(m): 6:25am On Aug 15, 2016
On front page with just four comments undecided
Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by paschal47(m): 6:25am On Aug 15, 2016
hmm i just learnt something new.

2 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by micgray100(m): 6:26am On Aug 15, 2016
Helps clear fog that cause blurred glass....

2 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by marhoinspire: 6:26am On Aug 15, 2016
the truth is dat u may nt notice its function here in naija bcus we have a very good weather.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by DjAndroid: 6:26am On Aug 15, 2016
In a layman's English, that Is dryer. When it's raining and cloud forms on that rear windscreen making visibility very poor, the driver puts on thee rear dryer, electric current passes through the lines and it begins to dry the cloud.

Op, you don understand abi?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Emeka71(m): 6:28am On Aug 15, 2016
ahiarah:
Lol
That is actually what the lines is meant for.
Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Raymondreigns(m): 6:28am On Aug 15, 2016
Wich lines bdat sef..pls shw me pics

1 Like

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by eleojo23: 6:31am On Aug 15, 2016
Raymondreigns:
Wich lines bdat sef..pls shw me pics

See the lines on the rear windshield.

They are not just 'lines' anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 15, 2016
They are wires. They heat up, and keep your back windshield from getting fogged when it's cold.

2 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Ursino(f): 6:33am On Aug 15, 2016
Thank God for this Forum. I have really learnt something new today. I even had to look back to actually notice the lines once again! Waooo! Thank you very much, amiable and learned Nairalanders!

30 Likes

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by brownjulie(f): 6:34am On Aug 15, 2016
Check the manual naaa....
Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 15, 2016
The reason cars don't come with pole-like antenna anymore. It serves as antenna and heater

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by free2blast(m): 6:36am On Aug 15, 2016
Its a kind of magnetic force that make the glass clear.
Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 15, 2016
[size=18pt]Na Tribal Mark[/size]

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by clydedaniels(m): 6:48am On Aug 15, 2016
Na to clear fog...
Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 15, 2016
relax it's for BH detector
Re: Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function?? by seangy4konji: 6:50am On Aug 15, 2016
They heat the glass and Clear fog

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicles: How Realiable Are They For Commercial Purposes? / Cars45, Do They Actually Buy Your Car In 45 Minutes? – By Autojosh / If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.